View Full Version : DS Lite Hinge

January 21st, 2009, 4:40 AM
My right DS Light Hinge fell apart last night, where can I bring it to get it fixed?

January 21st, 2009, 4:41 AM
this really belongs in Other Games since I remember a thread from ages ago had to be moved here

January 21st, 2009, 9:47 AM
Your best bet would be Ring Nintendo and ask for replacement or From the place you purchased it.

January 21st, 2009, 12:44 PM
Ok, thanks.

I wasn't so sure about Nintendo.. But you're like the 70th person that said it's good. So i'll try it later. :D

El Gofre
January 21st, 2009, 1:00 PM
Nintendo published a letter of apology when a number of batches were released with hinges that would most likely do this- I myself had the same problem. If you can call them with your reciept they'll probably fix it for free. I tried to superglue mine so I didn't get that luxury =]

January 21st, 2009, 1:36 PM
If that fails, you could buy a new shell for it from DealExtreme and either do a self replacement or pay someone to do it for you.

Capt. Couch
January 21st, 2009, 1:38 PM
The same thing happened to me, and my DS was in the batch with bad hinges. Unfortunately, since my warranty expired, they said "Nope, you're paying for it." If your warranty's out of gas, you're out of luck.

If I still had the piece that snapped, I could actually bond the pieces back together with cyanopoxy, but nevertheless, I have to live with a broken DS now.

January 21st, 2009, 1:53 PM
does Gamestop and Ebgames repair it for a price?

January 21st, 2009, 2:07 PM
Nope, at least not in Australia. It's not too hard to DIY, I've DIYed my own. It's gone from Pink to Grey (I have a Phat).

The EB staff are really friendly though, they told me where to buy my new shell, maybe they can help you.

January 21st, 2009, 11:15 PM
My pen broke the top part of it, EB games is to cheapscate to give you a replacement.