PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Stronkadonk
January 21st, 2009, 11:54 AM
Do you guys think there should be a rule about not replying to spamming/flaming/trolling?
Like... How about you just report it, and be on your way?
Since replying to it is basically creating more spam...
Opinions please.

Went
January 21st, 2009, 11:56 AM
These posts are simply considered spam and/or minimodding and thus deleted. They actually go against the rules and, if the original flamer gets the replier to flame him/her back, infractions may be handed to both.

레트로
January 21st, 2009, 11:57 AM
That's a pretty good idea, it would eliminate SOME spam, which is always a plus. ^^;

processr
January 21st, 2009, 11:59 AM
I thought that was what we called common sense? =/ On most forums contributing to spam is regarded to be equal to the original act of spamming, so I would assume it's the same here.

레트로
January 21st, 2009, 12:02 PM
Too bad not everybody has common sense, or their wouldn't be any spam at all. :[

Rukario
January 21st, 2009, 12:23 PM
do not feed the trolls. standard web-sense.

Stronkadonk
January 21st, 2009, 03:21 PM
do not feed the trolls. standard web-sense.
Exactly, but people do it anyway.

Ausaudriel
January 21st, 2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah, this is pretty much common sense, but if it makes you feel better we can edit the line in the rules about SPAM to say "and don't reply to it, either." XD

Stronkadonk
January 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Erm...
I'm just saying.
People don't use that common sense, and keep replying in SPAM Threads.
I just think it best that it be against the rules.

Cassino
January 21st, 2009, 06:14 PM
But of course, these exact people without common sense don't have the common sense to read the rules, now, do they?

Eggsmackerly.

we can edit the line in the rules about SPAM to say "and don't reply to it, either." XD
May as well.

Tyrantrum
January 21st, 2009, 06:19 PM
Yea, it's just common sense.

Plus, there's no need to make a rule that people will just ignore, since a LOT of people just ignore the rules anyway, and do whatever the hell the want.

The people that spam and reply to spam obviously don't have the common sense they need to prevent themselves from getting infractions.

beauty. proletariat
January 21st, 2009, 07:39 PM
Erm...
I'm just saying.
People don't use that common sense, and keep replying in SPAM Threads.
I just think it best that it be against the rules.

many people also dont read rules :|
On top of that, most people just use the report function, and someone uneducated comes and says, plz dont spam. Then everyone else follows them :|

I think one way to avoid that is is by having a message on pc for all new members for some of the more important rules with a time limit of 2 weeks or something because sometimes when pc is loading slowly and stuff theyll read it anyway :/

It wont STOP them, but itll reduce them...