View Full Version : so who do you think is the best?

sanny the hedgehog
January 21st, 2009, 2:34 PM
the other day i was on smash wiki and looked up the tier list and i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw meta night as the best character in the game. i mean he's an all spam character
so thats why im asking who do you think the best character is.

i would think:
toon link

Capt. Couch
January 21st, 2009, 2:56 PM
I could spout vulgar things about tiers...

But I'm not going to.

Anyway, I think that the overall best character is probably Samus. Her attacks are balanced and she is agile enough to dodge an attack effectively.

The best character for power though: that's Ike (and no, he is not cheap; those who say he is seem to be horrible at using the dodge and/or shield command). The crushing blows with his sword beat out the competition any day, but he competes with Solid Snake by a small margin.

Defense? It's Lucario. His relatively high resistance to many strong attacks counts in the long run, since he powers up as he takes more damage.

Snake owns the field with tactics however. You might be limited to what special attacks you can use effectively depending on the situation and stage, but when you use them correctly, your opponents will be pulling their hair out.

Just my two cents.

January 21st, 2009, 2:58 PM
Well spam's all you need when you have an attack that quickly racks up damage and has the best priority in the whole game (Mach Tornado) and a powerful, quick finisher (shuttle loop/D-smash). Meta Knight is definitely the best character in the game assuming you go by tournament standard rules (no items/legal stages only/Final Destination).

January 21st, 2009, 2:58 PM
Meta Knight is top tier. He's amazingly broken. But, I don't let tier lists bother me. Most my mains are low tiers.

January 21st, 2009, 3:05 PM
I think from that list Marth is the best, but I don't like him at all.
My mains are from the lower tiers as well, although I haven't seen the tier list recently...

sanny the hedgehog
January 21st, 2009, 7:24 PM
yeah thats all true the only thing i'll say now is ike is really overused.

[QUOTE=Capt. Couch;4300752]I could spout vulgar things about tiers...

But I'm not going to.

Anyway, I think that the overall best character is probably Samus. Her attacks are balanced and she is agile enough to dodge an attack effectively.

yeah samus is pretty balanced in everything, but the best all around character i'd say is falco.
he's got two projectiles two attacks to get back on stage and he also has a instant kill meteor smash in the air... but his final smash is ok. samus' is a lot better but still think about it

January 21st, 2009, 9:18 PM
Metaknight is definitely the best. If I was to play every character with the same amount of skill, Metaknight would probably win me the most matches because of his speed and priority.

Cold Fusion
January 22nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
I think that Marth is the best.

Noah Ridgewood
January 26th, 2009, 11:54 PM
A Brawl topic <3

The one I use the most is Pit, so clearly I prefer his controls over every other character in the game. I've tried the majority of them and failed horribly in battle regardless of who it's against. Maybe it's just a personal vendetta of mine, but it's just something that's always been like that ever since I really started playing Brawl. I found it so much easier to defeat anything with Pit; his attacks are strong and his features of flying are rather resourceful when you need them. I just find, out of all the characters in the game, his abilities given to him are the most resourceful in terms of battle.

January 27th, 2009, 9:43 AM
I go by the fact that there is no character that is the best. It only depends ont he user. Kinda like a weapon.

But the people I use effectively are:

Fox: Any good Melee veteran can agree with me on the fact that he's one of the most responsive characters, just like he was in Melee. His aerial is one of the best when you know what you're doing, and I love spamming his Down B attack on those unskilled to get away from me. His up B is alot more fun to catch people in, and I couldn't care less about his side B.

Wolf: My new best friend. Long reach power, and best of all-finesse. I don't give two cents about the tier crap, but I'm on equal terms with a good Metaknight player with him. I got to get back onto incorperatiing his up-B back into my gameplay, and I only do his side-B when I know the result is hitting the foe with the sweet spot(which I'm good at) I love his down-B just as much as Fox's even though its not spammable, but the invincibility it gives for a split second rocks.

C.Falcon: my go-getter. When I want to end the fight quick, he is my guy. With him, I relentlessly brawl the opponent until either of us are dead. Because he so controllably fast, I can keep on the opponent no matter where he/she is running/sent flying to. I don't like how most of his moves can be easily canceled out though.(like his raptor boost)

And then for some odd reason, I'm excellent with Kirby. I sometimes dash at the opponent then activate the rock feature. Close by, that causes some good damage.(I'm not dumb. I only do it if I know its gonna work.) And I know when to use that overpowered hammer too. XD

Ninja Caterpie
January 29th, 2009, 4:03 PM

I like Kirby, but I'm somehow better at Meta Knight. He IS a good character, though. Why is Kirby still so loooowww??