PDA

View Full Version : Social Groups need Better Categories

Eon-Rider
January 22nd, 2009, 07:13 AM
So I've noticed the categories are a bit lacking. Might I suggest stealing categories from various social networking sites such as Facebook?

parallelzero
January 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
We're already planning on organizing them, but we still need to have a discussion first. Patience would be <3 in this situation.

Eon-Rider
January 22nd, 2009, 08:19 AM
Ah, I see. I thought the current ones would be the only ones that would ever exist.

Cassino
January 22nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
While we've got a social groups topic open, to save wasting space with another I'd like to ask: are the groups actually moderated?

Melody
January 22nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
I believe that the groups are indeed watched over by staff. There is a report button so it shouldnt be too hard to report infracting posts in social groups (I wonder if those reports show up to the group owner since they have moderation/soft delete powers over the group they created?)

Cassino
January 22nd, 2009, 09:47 AM
I believe that the groups are indeed watched over by staff. There is a report button so it shouldnt be too hard to report infracting posts in social groups (I wonder if those reports show up to the group owner since they have moderation/soft delete powers over the group they created?)
Oh well if the group creators have that power, all's fine and dandy.

Ausaudriel
January 23rd, 2009, 12:14 AM
Group owners can moderate in their groups, yeah, but if you see something that breaks the rules then of course report it. All staff (moderators included) have moderator power over every social group.

Beyond that... we tend to go through and mass-delete groups that break rules or are duplicates and so on every month or so.