PDA

View Full Version : How were we created?

.inLOVE
January 22nd, 2009, 08:58 PM
How do you think we were created? The "big bang"? Religious thoughts? Some kind of demon? Post your wildest, but most thoughtful, answer.

Gumball Watterson
January 22nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Erm.. God was playing chess with Chuck Norris and and farted a match and made the Big Bang? You never know, more than often Family Guy is right.

Tokin
January 22nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
the big bang combined with the spiritual force of the universe(call that god if you want) created the universe, and that force found its way into the fledging life, crating conscience, feelings, intelligence, we are among it^^

moments.
January 22nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Well our parents were having 'mum and dad time' and then...
I don't know... I am a bit of a science kind of guy but Religion is taught pretty strongly out my school so I am caught in the middle...

Capt. Couch
January 22nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
Remember, the Big Bang was only a theory. It has yet to be proven.

If you mean "us" as in the human race, then I believe in Darwin's principles of evolution.

After heat testing on bacteria, it has been proven possible that the very microbes which many believe that we have evolved from originated from outside Earth and arrived with an asteroid or extraterrestrial matter. Afterward, bacteria and microbes evolved into protozoan organisms which later evolved to simple plant life and onward, continuously forming branches of the evolutionary tree. After prosimians came to be, evolution continued to form the basic primates, leading up to the emergence of Ardipithicus: the most primitive and earliest known form of human (although this is debatable with the Australopithicines due to the Ardipithicus's likenesses of both chimpanzee and human).

And as a side note, humans did not evolve from apes... Instead, humans and apes are both offshoots of a separate prosimian group of creatures which have also led to animals such as lemurs and gibbons.

~Kavin~
January 22nd, 2009, 09:34 PM
The chicken and the egg theory. lol

Harley Quinn
January 22nd, 2009, 09:38 PM
At the moment, I'm leaning towards the Big Bang/evolution theory, but anythings possible.

Signomi
January 23rd, 2009, 01:38 AM
Topics that can be debated upon would be best suited in Other Chat.

~Moved

ErickaVolt
January 23rd, 2009, 02:05 AM
I believe the scientific explanation that we're created by a one cell or an atom and multiplied thousands of millions as the time passes by.

♣Gawain♣
January 23rd, 2009, 02:08 AM
The Big Bang's almost out of it's theory line, if you know what I mean. Scientist(most), have proven that the Big Bang really happened because of the remnants of the primordial background radiation. But being a religious guy, I think God planned all this including the Big Bang.

If you say "how about our birth?", well our moms and dads are having their time of their lives and then...

>Feelings<
January 23rd, 2009, 03:04 AM
God, without any doubt. Scientific things, and the big bang were all created by God.
I'm not saying that God sent a human and then on and on, I'm saying that God made this system where God's plan will finally bloom by themselves, meaning Big Bang was something that God made too.

You just can't answer everything with logic. Try it.
Why did big bang have to happen? Cause god wanted to.

Big bang was thought to be an accident of some kind, isn't it? So you also think this world, with plants and trees containing life, birds, all animals,cars on the road, bacteria, the people around you, the computer which you're using, and even you - a human, all of these are accidents?

Science will never be able to prove everything, cause science can only prove things with logic. And seemingly God made logic, and while making this logic implant in everything, God also wanted some things to not contain any logic. So, how can science prove those thing which were meant to not have any logic?

s0nido
January 23rd, 2009, 03:07 AM
I agree with gamingmaster12.
By the way, there's already a similar thread like this titled 'Do you believe in Jesus/God?'
What's the point in making a thread like it again?

♣Gawain♣
January 23rd, 2009, 03:11 AM
The threads means how are we created, which means it may include some scientific logic and religious ideas. It's not purely religious like the other thread.

Cassino
January 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
The question is irrelevent to human endeavours.

Mitchman
January 23rd, 2009, 11:54 AM
Well dad had too much tekila mom was all woozy from the drugs and sooo...
I would think that the scientific way is the way to go. I mean it makes more sense the god just came out of nowhere and said here you are made. I also believe that theory from this movie that we might be atoms on a larger being and the atoms in us are part of a small universe. And i believe it. Maybe thats why we cant go past somethings. I mean imagine being an atom of a larger being and flying out of its body only to see everything 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x bigger.

Angela
January 23rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
I said the big bang, if Adam and Eve were the only two people then their grandchildren would have been retarded and the next generation after that and so on, so not likely.

Big Bang!

wolf
January 23rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
God, we have proof in the bible. Though, not extreme proof. Big Bang theory is also an option if that is not true.

Angela
January 23rd, 2009, 12:10 PM
God, we have proof in the bible. Though, not extreme proof. Big Bang theory is also an option if that is not true.
You cant call something a prove that was put together 1000 years ago by ignorant men.

jasonresno
January 23rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
You cant call something a prove that was put together 1000 years ago by ignorant men.

And by that same token you can't call a bunch of theories that "ignorant scientists" thought up as proof either. Because if you buy into God and the Bible then you buy into the fact that the Bible is Gods Word and therefore Absolute. If you don't, well, then that's different. But you can't take a dump on others beliefs like that because no matter where you lean (religion or not) that is wrong.

God, baby.

Angela
January 23rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
And by that same token you can't call a bunch of theories that "ignorant scientists" thought up as proof either.

God, baby.
Well the "Ignorant scientist" have microscopes and DNA, take that religion

Big Bang.

jasonresno
January 23rd, 2009, 12:16 PM

Big Bang.

And by my faith, God is absolute. And if God is absolute than those "ignorant men" had God on their side.

Good gracious though. How immature can you get, really? "Take that, religion." because scientists have "microscopes and DNA."? You are taking an entire discussion on how we've come to exist and turned it into a schoolyard topic.

wolf
January 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM

Big Bang.
Yes, though, we have no evidence of the Big Bang. All it is is a theory, nothing to back it up, just a small bit of science.

jasonresno
January 23rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
I can't wait for the next big scientific fad on how we were created. Right now it's the big bang. But as soon as some self appointed genius comes up with something better, that'll catch on.

BlazingLink
January 23rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
God, without any doubt. Scientific things, and the big bang were all created by God.
I'm not saying that God sent a human and then on and on, I'm saying that God made this system where God's plan will finally bloom by themselves, meaning Big Bang was something that God made too.

You just can't answer everything with logic. Try it.
Why did big bang have to happen? Cause god wanted to.

Big bang was thought to be an accident of some kind, isn't it? So you also think this world, with plants and trees containing life, birds, all animals,cars on the road, bacteria, the people around you, the computer which you're using, and even you - a human, all of these are accidents?

Science will never be able to prove everything, cause science can only prove things with logic. And seemingly God made logic, and while making this logic implant in everything, God also wanted some things to not contain any logic. So, how can science prove those thing which were meant to not have any logic?

I agree with you.

True, I am passionate about Space Science or Spaceology..?

Anyways, God let the big bang happen. The big bang, alone, wouldn't make sense. I mean, what caused it?

God.

wolf
January 23rd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah, plus humans have been studying religion for years and years, and the Big Bang was only worshiped for a few years.

jasonresno
January 23rd, 2009, 12:22 PM
I agree with you.

True, I am passionate about Space Science or Spaceology..?

Anyways, God let the big bang happen. The big bang, alone, wouldn't make sense. I mean, what caused it?

God.

Agreed.

And there's something I have to point out here real quick. I find it odd that aside from one user, who I won't name, the religious faction of this website seem to be all courteous and accepting in others beliefs. Whereas the nonreligious faction seem hellbent on trying to tell the religious faction they are wrong.

Odd, no?

Edit:

AND THANK YOU FOR THE NEGATIVE REP. I'M GLAD YOU ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO ACCEPT OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS.

Went
January 23rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Okay guys, we all love Religion VS Science threads, but not to the extreme of disrespecting people. Angela, your posts were very rude. Jasonresno, your post offended me a lot, as an atheist and scientific follower. Wolflare, please remember than theory is the highest level of security a scientific claim can get.

And please, don't start bashing every other's beliefs, even if they are completely wrong from your viewpoint. God wouldn't like that.

wolf
January 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Agreed.

And there's something I have to point out here real quick. I find it odd that aside from one user, who I won't name, the religious faction of this website seem to be all courteous and accepting in others beliefs. Whereas the nonreligious faction seem hellbent on trying to tell the religious faction they are wrong.

Odd, no?

Edit:

AND THANK YOU ANGELA FOR THE NEGATIVE REP. I'M GLAD YOU ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO ACCEPT OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS.
Agreed. I fully agree with you! :3 Everyone should be considerate of other opinions!

Edit: I will stop, I just wanted to state that people should be considerate of other opinions.

jasonresno
Okay guys, we all love Religion VS Science threads, but not to the extreme of disrespecting people. Angela, your posts were very rude. Jasonresno, your post offended me a lot, as an atheist and scientific follower. Wolflare, please remember than theory is the highest level of security a scientific claim can get.

And please, don't start bashing every other's beliefs, even if they are completely wrong from your viewpoint. God wouldn't like that.

My post offended you. So you gave me a negative rep for it? My post WASN'T offensive towards science. You just didn't agree with me.

Angela
Yes, though, we have no evidence of the Big Bang. All it is is a theory, nothing to back it up, just a small bit of science.
That's why they made the "Dooms day machine" that was suppose to kill us all lol.

@jasonresno:

So your saying because you have faith then I'm forced to believe that God exists, that just won't cut it for me, well how lucky can those ignorant men get, they have the figment of your imagination on their side, wow.

And it wont make God any more real just because you say he is, at least the Big bang theory is called a theory, if it were up to me I would call Christianity the God theory.

I don't see the Christians building a dooms day machine to investigate this.

Edit:
I didn't give you any negative rep O.o

Candy Christina
January 23rd, 2009, 12:27 PM
I don't know. I would say God I guess, since I'm like sorta-kinda-not really Christian. It seems weird that an explosion can cause things to form since it's usually well, the opposite. It's hard for me to say how we were created because practically none of the theories given about this subject can be proven, but whatever. I don't really question how we got here. I just hope I live a good life.

Banjora Marxvile
January 23rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Neither religion or Big Bang can be proved, as nothing would have been in the beginning, (what caused the Big Bang, what caused that, etc...) and, if God exists, who made God? Neither can be proved, so it is down to opinion. I suppose I would say... Well...

jasonresno
January 23rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
That's why they made the "Dooms day machine" that was suppose to kill us all lol.

@jasonresno:

So your saying because you have faith then I'm forced to believe that God exists, that just won't cut it for me, well how lucky can those ignorant men get, they have the figment of your imagination on their side, wow.

And it wont make God any more real just because you say he is, at least the Big bang theory is called a theory, if it were up to me I would call Christianity the God theory.

I don't see the Christians building a dooms day machine to investigate this.
I'm withdrawing from this argument. You are not mature and sound enough to have a debate as big as creation with. I never forced you to believe anything only to be open and congenial towards other people.

Edit: Holy Crap, the negative reps come raining down on me. So much for you open minded people, huh?

True Reign
January 23rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Big Bang happened. God didn't make the 'Big Bang'. Before the Big Bang, scientists suggest that all there was, was a tiny bubble of nothingness when all of a sudden exploded - a.k.a. the Big Bang.

After the Bang, it created the most common gases in the universe - Plasma, Water, Oxygen, and Carbon Dioxide (I believe?). When you mix these substances together they create a lot of different objects and things. Mix the right amount, you get life. Life then evolves and thats where we humans began.

jasonresno
January 23rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
-;4305289']Big Bang happened. God didn't make the 'Big Bang'. Before the Big Bang, scientists suggest that all there was, was a tiny bubble of nothingness when all of a sudden exploded - a.k.a. the Big Bang.

After the Bang, it created the most common gases in the universe - Plasma, Water, Oxygen, and Carbon Dioxide (I believe?). When you mix these substances together they create a lot of different objects and things. Mix the right amount, you get life. Life then evolves and thats where we humans began.

That's all well and good. But how did the Big Bang happened? You can't just say "out of nowhere a ball of nothingness suddenly exploded and caused life as we know it." Because that has the same flaw as God, to some people.

parallelzero
January 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
I figure there's no way to really prove it, so why bother dwelling on it? Just believe in what you believe, since it can't be proved false nor correct. It's when mindless arguments over the issue come about over something that can't be proved, is there an issue.

processr
January 23rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
By saying that the Bible is proof enough, are you by inference saying that the Śruti of Hinduism, the Guru Granth Sahib of Sikhism and every other piece of religious scripture that offers a differing view of the creation of the world is not proof enough for their respective God/s? Because if we look at the evidence for the text of the Bible one would probably find that we have just as much proof for that as we do Dianetics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianetics:_The_Modern_Science_of_Mental_Health).

As for myself, I like what the Buddha says in the Anguttara Nikaya:

"Conjecture about [the origin of] the world is an unconjecturable that is not to be conjectured about, that would bring madness & vexation to anyone who conjectured about it."

I'm not a Buddhist myself, but I do think that debates about the creation of the universe has little relevance to faith. To try and explain how the universe came into being is attempting the impossible, and an explanation has little sway. To quote Aquinas: "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." Quibbling over religion - insisting that one's own view is correct while those who offer opposing beliefs are incorrect - is ridiculous, and goes against the idea of tolerance to others that is taught by most religions.

jasonresno
January 23rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
I figure there's no way to really prove it, so why bother dwelling on it? Just believe in what you believe, since it can't be proved false nor correct. It's when mindless arguments over the issue come about over something that can't be proved, is there an issue.

I agree. But I think posting immature remarks and giving negative reputations proves that people can't handle being that open-minded.

Angela
January 23rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
-;4305289']Big Bang happened. God didn't make the 'Big Bang'. Before the Big Bang, scientists suggest that all there was, was a tiny bubble of nothingness when all of a sudden exploded - a.k.a. the Big Bang.

Magnifico!

My thought written on right there, you know we humans are powered by various chemicals from the chemical table, I'm majoring in nature science, so I really can't debate on this unless using Icelandic (Don't know the English words),

Like we're powered by electricity which is powered by chemicals that were made in the big bang.

jasonresno
January 23rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Magnifico!

My thought written on right there, you know we humans are powered by various chemicals from the chemical table, I'm majoring in nature science, so I really can't debate on this unless using Icelandic (Don't know the English words),

Like we're powered by electricity which is powered by chemicals that were made in the big bang.

Not to beat a dead horse. But what initiated the Big Bang? What caused something out of nothing?

edit: You are majoring in something when you're 16 years old?

Artemis
January 23rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
for me I thougt we were made religiously...though I do not have any doubt that it might have also been the big bang theory...

I guess it is one of those things that will never be answered...

Angela
January 23rd, 2009, 12:44 PM
Not to beat a dead horse. But what initiated the Big Bang? What caused something out of nothing?

edit: You are majoring in something when you're 16 years old?
Wait a few months, then you'll get your answer:D,

I'm referring to the "Dooms day machine".

jasonresno
January 23rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
Wait a few months, then you'll get your answer:D,

I'm referring to the "Dooms day machine".

Are you talking about the Hadron collider?

parallelzero
January 23rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Angela, jasonresno. Word of advice. Stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop. Before it ends up closed like the other thread.

Please? <3

Ausaudriel
January 23rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
I'm agnostic. I won't discount the possibility of a "creator", but I won't embrace it either. There's not enough evidence to prove that a "God" exists, in my eyes, so yeah.

My mother tried bringing me up as a Christian but she always said I thought too "logically", and I guess I kinda stemmed away from it. She insisted that it's impossible to prove God exists because it's "just a matter of faith" and it's like.. uhh..

But yeah, for a smart woman (which I consider my mom to be very smart) I'm surprised by her religion. At the same time, though, I'm glad she has it because it gives her something to believe in, even if I don't believe the same thing. The thought of her having nothing to have faith in like that kinda depresses me, so.. idk.

Soul Eater
January 23rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
Angela, jasonresno. Word of advice. Stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop. Before it ends up closed like the other thread.

Please? <3

Don't be breaking your own rules now, David. :<

All I can say is that it's more logical that we evolved from some type of animal. Some say we evolved from fish and others believe we evolved from some sort of ape man.

It really doesnt make sense we were created by Adam and Even because that would mean we are our own brothers and sisters. D:

Audy: Yeah, same for me. I also consider myself agnostic because I've never understand the whole religious thing of creation either. D:

And your right we really don't have enough proof to say all that happened. Our theories are controversial because its adam and eve vs. Scientific method. D:

kingofjokers
January 23rd, 2009, 08:10 PM
ok ima lay down what i learned at school i think i was told this a year ago correct me if im wrong 1st of all god is your really into your relegion now lets talk science the big bang thing i know nothing about but all i know is earth was there then lightning hit and it started the simplest organism then it adapted to the sea then adapted into land then we slowly move on from there i think ...

Amachi
January 23rd, 2009, 08:15 PM
ok ima lay down what i learned at school i think i was told this a year ago correct me if im wrong 1st of all god is your really into your relegion now lets talk science the big bang thing i know nothing about but all i know is earth was there then lightning hit and it started the simplest organism then it adapted to the sea then adapted into land then we slowly move on from there i think ...

That's not even a proper sentence. Do you even go to school?

Soul Eater
January 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
I'm agnostic. I won't discount the possibility of a "creator", but I won't embrace it either. There's not enough evidence to prove that a "God" exists, in my eyes, so yeah.

My mother tried bringing me up as a Christian but she always said I thought too "logically", and I guess I kinda stemmed away from it. She insisted that it's impossible to prove God exists because it's "just a matter of faith" and it's like.. uhh..

But yeah, for a smart woman (which I consider my mom to be very smart) I'm surprised by her religion. At the same time, though, I'm glad she has it because it gives her something to believe in, even if I don't believe the same thing. The thought of her having nothing to have faith in like that kinda depresses me, so.. idk.

Well, my mother was the same way because my grandmother had always tried to bug her about trying to get us to go to church every sunday. D: Me and my mom are catholics. (I was baptized as a catholic but consider myself agnostic.) And yet I don't think even my mom understands religion that much.

My family did attend church with my grandmother but not every day. I know my best friend's mother wants us to go with her family and I really hate getting into it because I'll always stay agnostic because, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I hate religion because I don't, I just don't understand and I don't think I ever will.

My best friend's family is christian though but feh...it won't stop me from having him as my best friend. Religion should never make friendship fail.

But yeah, I never understood religion and I never will. D:

Mitchman
January 24th, 2009, 04:05 AM
I am cristian and all but i believe the whole god created human thing is crap. I mean we havw 2 major proofs that it did not happen that way
1. If adam and eve were THE only people put on earth everyone today would have mental instability and hell the world wouldnt have gone past 500 AD if that was the case
2. If humans where created right then and there like we are today what the hell is the proof of humans evolving from a more primitive skeletal structure a bunch of crap? I am sorry but when it comes to what happned first or happned at all it is without a doubt the big bang. Science proved that the whole earth thing came to be past 5000 years b.c history even proves so. Unless of course you want to believe the garden of eden is masopotamia. Which there i believe is crap as well.

Melody
January 24th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Personally, I'm a creationist. I believe god made the universe, the earth and everything else. When people try to shove the 'Big Bang' theory in my face I say, "Well, maybe god caused the Big Bang when he said 'There shall be a universe' while he was creating the heavens and the earth"
Seriously, we cant claim to know that this planet we call home took millions of years to appear. I for one think that god forged our planet in 7 days just like the bible says.

Before any of you get offended, think about the big bang. it supposedly happened suddenly, so it's possible that He is the one who caused it. (Just food for thought) I know some of you more bible-happy folks will probably disagree with me and say the universe *just* appeared on his command, with no flashy entrance or explosion. At least I dont buy the whole 'millions of years to form the earth' ideal.

Evolution is also something I dont exactly buy. I do believe that it's possible for an organism to change over time. I dont believe we all came from single celled amoebas or a monkey or any other organism though. I'm sure that He has created every living thing, including humans as the bible says. Evolution is real, we just weren't created by Evolution. God made man, and all the animals which inhabit this planet. And of course, nature has taken it's natural course over the past few millennium. So naturally, the animals of today are the offspring of the animals GOD created. We are the offspring of Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve were created by God. And of course you should know the rest of the story.

Monkeys may be genetically alike to man, but that doesn't mean we evolved from them. God put them here for a reason.

I am cristian and all but i believe the whole god created human thing is crap. I mean we havw 2 major proofs that it did not happen that way
1. If adam and eve were THE only people put on earth everyone today would have mental instability and hell the world wouldnt have gone past 500 AD if that was the case
2. If humans where created right then and there like we are today what the hell is the proof of humans evolving from a more primitive skeletal structure a bunch of crap? I am sorry but when it comes to what happned first or happned at all it is without a doubt the big bang. Science proved that the whole earth thing came to be past 5000 years b.c history even proves so. Unless of course you want to believe the garden of eden is masopotamia. Which there i believe is crap as well.

When I think of the thousands upon thousands of genetic disorders which we know that exist, I dont believe that we can say "it's impossible that we came from Adam and Eve." To say such a thing is being blind to the truth.

Rioku_Zanketa
January 24th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Then does that mean we're doomed to genetic disorders forever? I came upon that solution before, and it just made me wonder: If we came across humanoid aliens, and we produced offspring would that make our offspiring have an incredibly smaller chance of contracting disorders from birth?(given that the aliens don't have any themselves...) Does that mean Adam and Eve were siblings? I mean, I know they were made from god, but I didn't think the rules applied like that.

Yamikarasu
January 24th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Oh jeez, another religion thread.

My opinion is that there is no such thing as supernatural, everything should logically have a naturalistic cause and explanation for why it happened/exists/does what it does. Until there is evidence that says a supernatural being must have created everything, I have no reason to believe that explanation.

So I would say the "Big Bang," although of course the Big Bang must have had a cause if it is actually the explanation as to the birth of the Universe. Evidence seems to point to some sort of "explosion" so I'll believe that. Now it is humanity's job to figure out what caused the Big Bang, and to keep looking for naturalistic answers until we can accurately explain the whole of existence.

Just seems like a better plan then "Goddidit," IMO.

Jessie
January 24th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I don't know. All that matters is that I'm here.

JK. I'm leaning towards the Big Bang theory. But who knows? (We don't, that's for sure.)

WriteThemWrong
January 24th, 2009, 08:55 PM
There are just some things we don't need to know and this is one of them.

Haza
January 24th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Im not sure what to believe. Science is convincing and makes a lot of sense with evolution and al but God is in the back of my mind.

Ultraviolence
January 24th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I can't choose between Science or Religion... Science says we came from single celled organisms, and Religion says God created us.

Aegis
January 24th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure what I believe :/ Like it has been said several times in this thread, there isn't a way to know for sure, so I just keep my mind open to new ideas. I wasn't really raised a certain religion, since my mom is Christian and my dad is pro-evolution, so I kind of saw both sides of the coin. So, yeah, not a Christian, but not totally against the idea of a god either. *shrug*

Ezzo!
January 24th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Well, I think God created us. I used to think that we evolved from monkeys or whatever, but then I thought that if we evolved from them, how come the monkey's aren't still evolving into humans? But I didn't Google it yet so idk, lol.

Haza
January 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Well, I think God created us. I used to think that we evolved from monkeys or whatever, but then I thought that if we evolved from them, how come the monkey's aren't still evolving into humans? But I didn't Google it yet so idk, lol.

Monkeys dont just change in a day. Evolution takes more years than a you can imagine

Ezzo!
January 24th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Monkeys dont just change in a day. Evolution takes more years than a you can imagine
In that case, I'm undecided. I'm curious on why they started to change in the first place though.

Capt. Couch
January 24th, 2009, 11:11 PM

Like I said before, humans never evolved from monkeys, it was a separate evolutionary split from a common ancestor, or so we have concluded. Monkeys will continue to evolve into different species of monkeys instead of humans, or so it goes.

And as for why they changed: simple "errors" in DNA (starting from germs and microbes) which just occur naturally (which is why we have diseases such as Down's Syndrome that we are born with) cause the creation of something a little bit different than its parent, but it eventually changes into something entirely different after enough "errors."

One thing that has always irked me about creationism is not the fact that the human race simply appeared at God's command, but the fact that no life outside of earth is mentioned (but then again, I am an atheist and have disagreed with the concept of creationism to start with, so...). Considering the vast size of the universe, it's more than likely that extraterrestrial beings exist. Only until recently (within a year ago), it was considered a sin under the Christian faith to believe in aliens because it directly contradicted the Bible, but it wasn't talked about much so as to dance around the views of a changing society.

Horizon
January 25th, 2009, 01:50 AM
We did evolve from primates, that is to say Apes, actually. I believe a Chimpanzee's DNA is 99% the same as a human's, or somewhere around that mark.

We came to Earth on a meteor/comet as microscopic lifeforms and evolved from there. Simple.

Kazukii
January 25th, 2009, 02:26 AM
This is pretty much the same as my old thread but yeah, wtf xD
Ehmm, I'm a believer of the Big Bang Theory.

Aether
January 25th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I do believe we were created by a higher power, but one god? I don't think so.

Metatron
January 25th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I don't know, and to be honest, I don't really care. I'm not a religious person, and I don't really believe in "God," but I do honor the possibility of a "creator."

But given the choice, I would say that the "Big Bang" theory is probably the most scientifically accurate explanation.

ShadowofTime01
January 25th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I used to think that "God" could have created the Big Bang, but I recently was thinking about how rational the universe is, how there are physical laws that bind us to this level of existence. Everything can be brought back to science and logic. And then you see and read about God in the Bible, and he is not logical, not rational. How could a God like that create a universe with such order.

I like to believe that I'm looking for a greater truth in this universe, but I also believe that if this truth is god, than he is removed from our plane of existence. Also on that note, I don't think a being of a higher dimensional order can exist before the lower dimension do...