PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite RPG?

A Pixy
January 23rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Okay, this is much less biased. I did like Chrono Trigger, but my favourite RPG is Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga on the GBA. I especially liked the music and the fact that you could negate, reverse or dodge every single attack in the game. Even the big boss attacks.
Weird, in my attempt to be unbiased, I ended up being more biased than I thought.
Oh well, Live and Learn.

コナンくん
January 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Mine is The Kingdom Hearts Series Been my favorite for 6 years

machomuu
January 23rd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Mine would have to be Final Fantasy namely VII due to the brilliant characters, the idea of focusing on every characters backstory, the great storyline, great music, it had everything but graphics, which in the cinematics were actually pretty good for PS1.

Drifblim-kun
January 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
I've always liked The Legend Of Zelda series, but Kingdom Hearts comes in a close second.

Mitchman
January 24th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Kingdom hearts for sure. LoZ comes second and then all the other rpgs.

Akeraz
January 24th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Well, it's a really hard choice for me. Probably somewhere between FFX, Mother 3 and Fable 2.
They're all such great games, all for different reasons.

FFX was my first FF game, and the one that got me into the Final Fantasy Series.
Mother 3's an awesome game because of it's uniqueness. There are few rpg games I know of where a charachter attacks using another's rotten old socks. It's things like this that make Mother 3 such a charming game to play.
Fable 2 has an amazing combat system, where it's easy to mix and match styles. The story is kind of short, but there's so much to do afterwards [So much that since christmas, I've easily put 60+ hours into the game, and I'm still finding things to do].

Fox♠
January 24th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Uhh, tough one. Final Fantasy 6 is probably my favorite, but I also really liked the first Mario and Luigi, FF9 and the Breath of Fire games.

EmeraldSky
January 24th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Final Fantasy series
Mana series
Dragon Quest series
Tales series
The Legend of Zelda series
Lufia series

and many more!

GunSaberSeraph
January 24th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Well I have to say that TWEWY's my favorite, but I also love the Mother and Final Fantasy Series.

Fenrir Reki
January 24th, 2009, 08:35 AM
My favorite rpg right now would be Fable 2, because it's fun to play, and it's a great way to kill time. The final fantasy series is also great too, but I don't like some of the FF games.

Skaterzpenguin
January 24th, 2009, 12:46 PM
My favorite rpg game besides pokemon are Breath of fire 1, 2, and 3 for SNES!

Breath of Fire is amazing game with awesome graphics and has an excellent story line. If anyone has these games. How far have you gotten or why do you like it too!? xD

Anyway discuss your other fav. rpg games here and you may say why you like it too. ^_^

Kokuo
January 24th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I like the Namco Tales of games.

Fox♠
January 24th, 2009, 04:13 PM
My favorite rpg game besides pokemon are Breath of fire 1, 2, and 3 for SNES!

Breath of Fire is amazing game with awesome graphics and has an excellent story line. If anyone has these games. How far have you gotten or why do you like it too!? xD

Anyway discuss your other fav. rpg games here and you may say why you like it too. ^_^

i've completed the first 2, only just started the 3rd one, I'm just at the bit where you wake up.

Wulf
January 24th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Mother3, oh heck, the entire Mother series. I just can't choose one of them!

Aether
January 24th, 2009, 07:38 PM
The Tales of series. I don't really like any turn-based RPG's besides Pokemon and Xenosaga.

M i n a t o //
January 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
IMO, The Last Remnant is one of my most favorite RPGs.

sanny the hedgehog
January 24th, 2009, 07:51 PM
probably smrpg. its a classic, and it has geno in it.
it should have a sequel for wii it'd be awesome but id doubt it happen

Reminiscing
January 25th, 2009, 07:58 PM
disgaea afternoon of darkness
and breath of fire 1,2,3

Caelus
January 25th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Probably the Paper Mario series.
I guess I just like the simple, yet fun, gameplay the first two have (Third one's good as well).
I also like the Mother series, specifically Earthbound.

Tokin
January 25th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Star wars, Knights of the old republic I and II and mass effect, they are pseudo action RPGs but RPGs nonetheless, I like the way you are able to create your own character and make your own decisions to "create" the story^^

Skaterzpenguin
January 25th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Mother3, oh heck, the entire Mother series. I just can't choose one of them!
Haha, yes we can't all forget about the Earthbound series! I borrow the very first game from my friend and it was really fun, but after awhile the game got wreck by my friends dog. It was a funny story, but yeah Earthbound is awesome!

New Age Retro Hippie
January 25th, 2009, 10:19 PM
A dark distant town,
With sadness set out...
No matter where I am, I...
Will still be your life.

I want to show you
Warm moments and dreams.
I can see the small child smile
When I close my eyes.

If I call out
He'll turn around...
Give light to the small one
Who walks his path alone...

Like a few others, Mother 3. Not exactly highly technical, but the story is so, so beautiful... *Bursts into tears* The characters are awesome, seriously. Nothing in any game ever can match the Magypsies.

Tanooki
January 25th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Best GCN game ever created (in my opinion, anyways). It really needs a true sequel, since SPM just doesn't cut it for me (not saying it's bad or anything, though, just not a real sequel if you ask me, since it's more of a platformer than an RPG in some ways).

Earthbound (SNES) get's an honorable mention. Excellent game.

Razer302
January 26th, 2009, 08:45 AM
My favourite has to be Final Fantasy X. I love this RPG more than any other. I think it has a great story and for the first FF on PS2 it was amazing.

I am waiting for The Last Remnant to be released on PS3 as I have heard it is amazing and am looking forward to it. Just hope it doesn't let me down.

Cherrim
January 26th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I merged the two "favourite RPG" threads since... aside from one specifying "besides Pokémon" they were exactly the same. Just mentioning it in case anyone's confused.

That said... my favourite RPG series is Kingdom Hearts. But oddly enough, my favourite stand-alone game doesn't fall in that series. Tales of the Abyss is my favourite game ever. Honestly, the Tales of series is pretty close behind KH as my favourite series but the discontinuity in it and the fact that I don't love every single game is what holds it back. :B

Aurafire
January 26th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I rather enjoyed Golden Sun...It was one of the first RPGs I played and I absolutely fell in love with it. I was pretty obsessed with it for a few years there...I must have beat both of them at least three times XD

Recently, I started playing Oblivion again, which is such an epic game. It was painful to see my saved game perish to my computer's new hard drive, but it was still very enjoyable when I played it. Meh, maybe I'll pick up the expansion packs or something =P

Patchisou Yutohru
January 26th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I'm a fan of RPG games more than any other type of game. Particularly, I prefer games made by Square Enix. I find their quality of work high on the charts. Recently, I've been looking into other games in Role Play Games; specifically The Last Remnant; that game is possibly the greatest game I've seen since Kingdom Hearts 2 (which is my favorite of the Kingdom Hearts series). Though I don't have it, I've been watching walkthroughs on YouTube and found it superior in terms of the graphics, story-line, and the battling itself seems to be pretty durable. Though, I've never been a fan of thick, ugly HP bars and random damage amounts floating around.