PDA

View Full Version : New Problem: A notification problem...

Platinum Lucario
January 24th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Well, it has happened to me when I came onto PC. When someone posted a Visitor Message on my profile, I checked the Visitor message. Then, after I checked the Visitor Message, I noticed that the notification that I read didn't disappear. I tried posting a Visitor Message on my profile, and deleting it, but it made absolutely no difference.

So... does anyone know how to get rid of the notification? It looks to me like it's a glitch. >.>

It always says that I've got 1 new Visitor Message, but I haven't. Any ideas?

Archer
January 24th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Yeah, this happens to everyone from time to time. The easiest way is just to delete the VM that started it. The alternative is to post a message in your own profile and delete it.

Staff: This should really be mentioned in the FAQ.

Le Krome
January 24th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I believe AJ had the same problem with his forums before.
Try logging off and then back in.
If that fails, have your VMs wiped.

.Seth
January 24th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Let's see...if my knowledge of VB is correct, Visitor Messages are probably determined by if the page is viewed for a certain time, it's counted as read. That or if the certain page is viewed.

I would suggest letting the page sit for a few minutes, then switch pages.
If it's still not counted as read, view the conversation with whoever posted it. That's another way it's counted as read.

If all that fails, delete the VM that started it, log out, log back in. If it's still there, wipe your VM's.

Tyrantrum
January 24th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Okay...in your profile, click the check box in any of your VMs, then click unapprove, and click "Go (1)" next to it.
After that, approve that same VM, and it should go away.

Platinum Lucario
January 27th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Okay...in your profile, click the check box in any of your VMs, then click unapprove, and click "Go (1)" next to it.
After that, approve that same VM, and it should go away.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Thanks!

Problem solved!