PDA

View Full Version : PS2 question

Mitchman
January 24th, 2009, 11:39 AM
So yeah i have a lot of scratched games and some dont work and are really hard to find. Now i want to play isos. I foudn a way that i kind of like. Decrypt the DVD transfer files to computer then put a DVD in and send the files to the DVD. Now would the playstation 2 read it or would i have to put a mod chip in?

ソラ
January 24th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Mod chip or Swap Magic. My Friend Did it with Swap Magic.

matt561
January 24th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Or you could just get the disc repaired contact Sony for more info its about 3 dollars a game

Alistair
January 25th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah, you have the choose of either a modchip or Swap Magic, as Sora had already said. If you have the cash to spare, I would recommend you get a modchip and pay a professional to install it (If you do want to go the mod chip way, I would not suggest solderless modchips. They use clamps to attach to the chips on the motherboard and can bend pins). Otherwise, just get Swap Magic. All that you need to do for Swap Magic is replace the case (or lid, if you have a slim PS2), which is very easy to do.

Mitchman
January 26th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Swap magic does exactly what? I mean i kno0w what the mod chip does but not the swap magic thing. And i found myself a professional who can do it for me under 20 euros. So yeah i think i should go with the chip no?

Cherrim
January 26th, 2009, 09:38 AM
You could get the Swap Magic discs and tool for a little less, probably. I know it's not that expensive and it doesn't void your warranty or anything (last I remember), assuming you still have it.

Swap Magic is basically a tool that you use to trick your PS2 into thinking it's playing a disc it's able to play like out of region DVDs or burnt ones. I use it to play import games.

Mitchman
January 26th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Swap magic is basically freeloader in other words. Also i really dont mind about the whole warranty thing i mean the PS2 went from her cousing to her to me so lol yeah its the friendhood of travelling consoles.(i think i am going to do a youtube movie of that XD)

Alistair
January 26th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Well, Swap Magic is like a Freeloader with a required shell replacement. And for the phat PS2's, it does void the warranty. I am not sure about the slim ones, though (I think it does, but I do not know for sure).

Here is the way Swap Magic works. After you install the new shell/lid (depending on your type of PS2), pop in the Swap Magic disc. When it instructs you to insert the disc of whatever you want to play, flip open the new lid, take out the Swap Magic disc, and pop in the said desired disc.

AtomicoExploda
January 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I'd say you have to a modchip in. I remember one time when one of my PS1 discs got scratched and I really wanted to play it and so I did something weird, guess what.......

I actually got out a toothbrush and put toothpast on and then I scrubbed the disc with it and I also mouth washed it. xD
And then, what do you know.... It worked!!

Cherrim
January 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Well, Swap Magic is like a Freeloader with a required shell replacement. And for the phat PS2's, it does void the warranty. I am not sure about the slim ones, though (I think it does, but I do not know for sure).
I... know my Swap Magic wouldn't have voided my PS2's warranty had it still been intact when I got it. o.o I had the fat PS2 and I just used the slider tool; the faceplate on the disc slot snapped off on its own and can be put back on if need be.

I think it's the slim ones that end up with a voided warranty for the alterations needed, come to think of it.

Mitchman
January 27th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Aha ok i get you. But yeah now i am off to find shops that sell it!(you know how hard it is here in europe!) Also another non mod question. I it possible for any KH2 disc final mix+ or regular to save on to the disc for game saves? My friend insists that it does and when yoiu go to save a new file it deletes it from the disc when its clearly a memory card problem(i would think so). So yeah which case is the likely one.

Cherrim
January 27th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Um. The PS2 can't write to discs so your friend has no idea what he's talking about. Every game uses a memory card to save.

Mitchman
January 27th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I knew it. Plain and clear knew it. From now on i am not listening to her. Hell she even claims if you take the main chip out of a super mario advance game and put it into another super mario advance game the game would play normally or that she took the chip out of her diamond to glitch it and get all the pokemon. But the best has to clearly be her saying she got all the pokemon out of SoA. She tells me all that when she clearly knows i spend 6+ hours on pokemon and nitnendo forums. So yeah now that all my questions have been asked and you answered me so nicely thank you!