PDA

View Full Version : how many times have you been rick roll'd?

sanny the hedgehog
January 24th, 2009, 01:41 PM
rick roll'd
man it sucks when it happens to me
but when its others its pretty funny

i've been rick roll'd about:
247 times
and it gets worse im starting to like the song!

An-chan
January 24th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Not once. Yeah, it has never happened to me, not even once. I had to go to Youtube to see the song myself to know what everyone's talking about.

Maybe it's because I never go to places where I'd be liable to be rickroll'd...

sanny the hedgehog
January 24th, 2009, 01:55 PM
okay then your one of those special people who need to congradulated by going to this link that will honor you by not getting rick roll'd im serious!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
so click this link to claim your prize!

Ceilidh
January 24th, 2009, 02:21 PM
About 3-4 times.

One was obvious yet I STILL clicked the damn link =)) my friend sent me one the other day, and the other two times was when I was just browsing youtube.

flight
January 24th, 2009, 02:22 PM
If it doesn't include rick-rolling yourself for the heck of it about 10 times, then never.

sanny the hedgehog
January 24th, 2009, 02:40 PM
yeah if walked right into rick rolls all the time!
it really sucked when ssbb was still coming out and sonic wasn't in. god i dont know how many times i got rick roll'd
but still click the link

Callandor
January 24th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I didn't know what you were talking about untill I saw that link you posted. I mean it's like you see this awesome looking vid, you click on it, and you get that crud. The first time it happened to me was when I saw what looked like trailer for Jurassic Park 4, and it was this crud. ):[

Gummy
January 24th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Five times too many. I thought the fad was over as I hadn't been Rick Roll'd in weeks, then just yesterday I clicked a link and BAM! My Firefox goes on a rampage, my computer just can't take it as I also had both Photoshop and Illustrator open so it crashes. And I cried myself to sleep.

Forever
January 24th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I tried to rickroll people in a blog entry, but I'm wise enough to check the urls of Blazichu's links... unlike someone, so never.

Avey
January 24th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Only once and that doesn't count as I clicked on the link accidentally.

Spinor
January 24th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I've only been rick rolled one time. And heck, was that link damn weird @~@'.

All of a sudden, I hold interest in this "Rick Roll"...

Ruphire
January 24th, 2009, 03:02 PM
To many to count... I just start singing the song now. Might as well do something when watching a pointless video.

matt561
January 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I have only very rarely been rickrolled i normally perform them

Drifblim-kun
January 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I've never been rick rolled, and I doubt I ever will.

devilicious
January 24th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I was Rickrolled once, then I memorized the Youtube url and never again got caught.

Candy Christina
January 24th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I've been rick rolled before, but only once. I don't get how it's funny, but maybe it's just me. :P

Ceilidh
January 24th, 2009, 03:45 PM
It's only funny until you get rick roll'd imo =))

jasonresno
January 24th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Too many times and you don't want to know why.

sanny the hedgehog
January 24th, 2009, 05:06 PM
yeah i hated it when i got rick roll'd but now i look as it more as a gag and laugh when it happens. basicly you just learn to except it

Yamikarasu
January 24th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Many times. D:

Once I here that first note, I quickly exit the page and pretend like nothing happened. And no, it isn't funny at all. I mean, even if I was to do it to somebody else I wouldn't think its funny, just... strange...

okay then your one of those special people who need to congradulated by going to this link that will honor you by not getting rick roll'd im serious!

I see what you did there. >_>

devilicious
January 24th, 2009, 05:14 PM

You're as convincing as those YOU'RE THE 999,999TH VISITOR ads.

processr
January 24th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Only twice unintentionally. I don't include times where I've navigated to it myself and watched. ;D

ErickaVolt
January 24th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I've never been Rick Roll'd. Only thing is, I like the song.

Caelus
January 24th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I've only been rick rolled twice, not counting the ones on purpose, and both of them were from being gullible enough to click links to them.
The first time involved Platinum, and the second time I can't seem to remember.

sanny the hedgehog
January 24th, 2009, 06:10 PM
You're as convincing as those YOU'RE THE 999,999TH VISITOR ads.

yeah i am ^^
but still all people who havent been rick roll'd click it
no seriously

Chibi-chan
January 24th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Lol, I've been rickrolled....a fair number of times. I wouldn't say a lot. I've probably rickrolled more people than I've been rickrolled XD

But actually, there's something that someone made to stop people from being rickrolled.
It's got down every rickroll youtube link and it's called the Anti-Rickroller (www.smouch.net/lol). It's a firefox add-on.

Persona
January 24th, 2009, 06:42 PM
But actually, there's something that someone made to stop people from being rickrolled.
It's got down every rickroll youtube link and it's called the Anti-Rickroller (www.smouch.net/lol). It's a firefox add-on.

Alright, I'm going to be honest here. I fell for that. ;____;

And this is the second time I've been rick roll'd. :>

Kite Katsumi
January 24th, 2009, 06:43 PM
It happened to me once on an art community I'm part of. On April Fools Day, every member received a message in their inbox that was disguised as a warning from a moderator, but only contained a YouTube video to the Rick Roll thing.

Harley Quinn
January 24th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Lol, I've been rickrolled....a fair number of times. I wouldn't say a lot. I've probably rickrolled more people than I've been rickrolled XD

Luckily I know the smouch link off my heart or...

Myself, I think I've been rick rolled about 10 times, mostly in IRC chats. :o

kingofjokers
January 24th, 2009, 07:27 PM
i got rick rolld about 10 times then i found this auto google thing that helps check it out click me!!! (http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=apoke.com&l=1)

sanny the hedgehog
January 24th, 2009, 07:34 PM
i got rick rolld about 10 times then i found this auto google thing that helps check it out click me!!! (http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=apoke.com&l=1)

NO! i am not clicking that link! no one click that link is pure spam

yeah its more fun to rick roll others than it is for you to get rick roll'd

Candy Christina
January 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM

It didn't work to me when Chibi-chan did it (although I guess I was just too lazy to click right then), and it didn't work now either. Failed attempt, rofl.

kingofjokers
January 24th, 2009, 07:46 PM
It didn't work to me when Chibi-chan did it (although I guess I was just too lazy to click right then), and it didn't work now either. Failed attempt, rofl.yeah i knew it was going to fail this one isnt a rick roll its a failure for me (http://www.youfail.org/)

sanny the hedgehog
January 24th, 2009, 07:48 PM
good try at trying to rick roll people it worked better than mine.
congrats

⋚Raika⋚
January 24th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I got rick roll'd twice, duck roll'd once. -_-

sanny the hedgehog
January 24th, 2009, 07:54 PM
ohh duck roll'd that sucks.
i'd probably say that i get rick roll'd 9 times every week, and thats just the week!
worst of all it happens when im on a roll with finding new game videos
it sucks i tell you

Cassino
January 24th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Seven times maybe?

The song's pretty meh but there's a good remix I like...

Aether
January 24th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Umm, twice I believe. The trend is dying down a little bit I think, but I'm still very wary of Youtube links.

s0nido
January 24th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I only found out what a Rick Roll was today. And I deliberately clicked on a link to see what it was.

Amaruuk
January 24th, 2009, 11:01 PM
None.

I didn't even know what it was till I saw it being mentioned in some webcomics and looked it up. I'm not typically social on the internet, nor do I hang around places where I've witnessed people getting Rickroll'd. Also, the song isn't bad. I kinda like it.

Ezzo!
January 24th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I've only been Rick Rolled a couple of times. I don't go on YouTube much. But you don't necessarily have to be on YouTube to get 'Rolled.

Capt. Couch
January 24th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I've only been rickrolled 412 times. Most of those were comprised of rickrolling myself. That song is just way too catchy...

Melody
January 24th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Well, I've got an adblock plus subscription list which blocks rickrolls. Download it here
(http://link.pokemontrainercave.org/NoRickrolls)
By the way, I've never been rickrolled. >D I'm too crafty :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
January 25th, 2009, 12:28 AM
It's happened to me a couple of times. I'm also guilty of doing it to others, too. I don't mind too much, it's actually a decent song, lol. Though Rick really needs to learn how to dance.

s0nido
January 25th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Oops, I did it again!
The song's kinda catchy, though... (http://tinyurl.com/csdf2z)

Dukey
January 25th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Once. It was really random at the time. And it was so pathetic, because the link even said 'Rickrolled'.
Rofail

Aizuke
January 25th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Once, to be honest.

I never knew what a Rick Roll was nor had I seen one before that. XD;

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 25th, 2009, 03:07 AM
XD how many times have i been RickRoll'd...I go watch the song and gawk at Ricks insane moves sometimes, But long story short: Yes. Yes i have.

What about the Barack roll? XD

Azonic
January 25th, 2009, 07:56 AM
It's got down every rickroll youtube link and it's called the Anti-Rickroller (http://www.smouch.net/lol). It's a firefox add-on.Oh... mah god. T_T I fell for that.

I've been rickrolled a lot...? Every time. Even when I know it's a rickroll I still click on it. Yay?

sanny the hedgehog
January 25th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I've only been rickrolled 412 times. Most of those were comprised of rickrolling myself. That song is just way too catchy...

dude i know what you mean i've been rick roll'd millions of times, and the tune is very catchy

The Dark Knight
January 25th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Countless times. I've learnt to look what a link is before I click it. (I'm looking at you, Chibi-chan!) Yeah, I've been Barack Roll'd too. And Kip Roll'd (http://mudkipz.ws). Did anyone get Rick Roll'd on YouTube last April Fool's when all the featured videos linked to it?

sanny the hedgehog
January 25th, 2009, 08:21 AM
yes yes i did on april fools day
i've also been barack roll'd
and i've even been McCain roll'd
speaking of rick roll'd i just rick roll'd someone they should be here any minute now

SegaSaturnGal
January 25th, 2009, 08:41 AM
For me, well...it's too many times to count! Now I like the song~

kingofjokers
January 25th, 2009, 04:11 PM
well i got my friends like 10 times yesterday :P

Stronkadonk
January 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Way too many times to count.
xD

True Reign
January 25th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Probably in the twenties. The YouTube users like to put pictures of Family Guy into the video, but then play the song. It's pretty stupid though.

I've only been rick roll'd twice from just randomly clicking links. Trolls tended to like doing that about a year ago.

Tanooki
January 25th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Anything involving full episodes of Family Guy is an automatic rick roll (or, something else stupid). Only affiliates of FOX like Hulu.com are allowed to post entire episodes of their shows (and even small clips can sometimes apply as well). Anybody else who does it will have the videos taken down.

Of course, rick roll'd stuff manages to stay up.

the bitter end.
January 27th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Once, and it was by Josephine (!!!)

I was very gullible.

Rioku_Zanketa
January 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I assume it only counts when you go into it by surprise. If that's the case, then never. A friend of mine told me what it was before I clicked the link.

Otherwise, I've purposely checked a link about 3-4 times.

The Confuzzler
January 27th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Too many to count xD I even clicked on a video called OMG you got Rick Roll'd! with a Pokemon picture on it.Yeah you get two ideas

1. Im a nerd xD

2. im stupid.

Jorah
January 27th, 2009, 01:33 PM
First time I got properly rick roll'd was a few days ago, and I didn't even know it was a link XD

John McCain Gets BarackRoll'd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiQCJXpbKg&fmt=18) has to be the best rickrolling ever XD

~MasterMind~
January 29th, 2009, 07:15 AM
ruffly around 500 times o.o
yes its a lot it's because iam so guillible.

Razer302
January 29th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I have never been rick roll'd. I have done it to a few people in school or when I am bored at home but so far no body has been able to get me.

Mr. Epic
January 29th, 2009, 09:15 AM
First time I got properly rick roll'd was a few days ago, and I didn't even know it was a link XD

John McCain Gets BarackRoll'd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiQCJXpbKg&fmt=18) has to be the best rickrolling ever XD

ROFL! Is that even real? Damn, that is the best ever.

Forever Forbidden
January 29th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Once, in school, someone put www.epicwinrar.com on my computer.

Dark Azelf
January 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Ughh, ive been Rick Roll'd so many times its not even funny anymore T__T (was it ever lol ?)

Gold warehouse
January 29th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Never. Not once, I hardly ever click links anyway...

Ditto, if only it was real...

teababe27
January 30th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I think I have been rickrolled 4 or 5 times.

Guillermo
January 31st, 2009, 12:45 AM
Smart idea, btw. :3

I've been rick rolled about.. twice? XD

PiroMunkie
January 31st, 2009, 01:09 AM
Less than five, although I do not know the exact number. Ironically, I was Rick Roll'd earlier today by clicking on a YouTube video showing a picture of Rick Astley's face entitled "Rick Astley discusses his view on Rick Rolling" or something alone those lines. Of course, I should have expected what was coming but, sadly, I was not.

Yu_&_Rei
January 31st, 2009, 01:32 AM
Im too cautious so only a few times, that was long ago tho.

h POKE
January 31st, 2009, 03:17 PM
I've been goatse'd more than I've been rickroll'd. But still, I'd say somewhere in the hundreds. It's a lot. Too much, in fact.

TRIFORCE89
January 31st, 2009, 03:17 PM
Just once. During the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade :\

Fata1Down
January 31st, 2009, 03:18 PM
Me, I'd say more than a 100 but less than 500 times.

Tater Tot
January 31st, 2009, 03:23 PM
I've been Rick Roll'd twice, I believe. Once on Youtube, once by Nica. x_x

Shikon no Tama
January 31st, 2009, 03:34 PM
Toooooo many times, sadly. : [

My friend even rick roll'd me at lunch once. =.=; I walked into the room, and outta NOWHERE he started to sing the goddamn song and dance to it. God, it was horrible...

Pearl's Perap
February 1st, 2009, 08:35 AM
Once, ever. So so annoying though D:

L
February 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM
Surprisingly, only twice. Heh, it was certainly amusing. =)

sanny the hedgehog
May 14th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I have never been rick roll'd. I have done it to a few people in school or when I am bored at home but so far no body has been able to get me.

ohh just you wait dude, just you wait. MWAHHHAHAHHA
no i am not thinking up an evil scheme! im just cackling maniacle

a face in the crowd
May 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I recently got rick roll'd while trying to listen to the new Green Day songs on YouTube. Ah, copyright issues...how I love you so.

Chibi-chan
May 14th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Let's not wake the dead here guys.