PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Shortcuts

Ayano Katagiri
January 25th, 2009, 12:49 AM
When you hover your mouse over the buttons in Quick Reply, it comes up with the following:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m28/Alex0117/Random/shortcut.jpg

"Alt + S" for Post Quick Reply and "Alt + X" for Go Advanced

Do these only work in IE? I can't seem to get them to work in Firefox.

Also, PCWii's "Find" image (find.gif) in the Members List appears to have disappeared.

Hiidoran
January 25th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Apparently those shortcuts do actually work if you're using Internet Explorer; I never knew that.

I suppose it's too bad I switched over to Firefox a while back.

processr
January 25th, 2009, 01:00 AM
So, like, I'm testing if Alt+S works in Opera to submit this post in Quick Reply.

Nope, Alt+S in Opera opens the RSS Feeds menu in the navigation toolbar. =/

Sweet Speed
January 25th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I guess vBulletin only programed it for IE. Anyway how much of a difference would clicking a butting make to making a shortcut on the Computer.

Elekish♥
January 25th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Yeah, it doesn't work on my Firefox or Safari.
Yet it works on my Explorer. Strange though isn't it?

Cherrim
January 26th, 2009, 09:47 AM
If you're looking for a quick way to send the reply without using the mouse, you could always just tab+enter. Tab brings the focus down to "Post Quick Reply" and enter obviously sends it. I use it when I'm lazy and it doesn't matter what browser you may have. :P

Mitchman
January 26th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Lighting got a point there and meh a mouse click away and complaining about it seems a bit lazy.

Gerri Shin
January 26th, 2009, 02:34 PM
it works in safari too (and most probably other webkit based browsers too)

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 26th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I guess vBulletin only programed it for IE. Anyway how much of a difference would clicking a butting make to making a shortcut on the Computer.
Actually, Internet Explorer is the only (recent) browser that maintains these shortcuts.

;4309746']Yeah, it doesn't work on my Firefox or Safari.
Yet it works on my Explorer. Strange though isn't it?
Firefox (and some versions of Safari) have removed the shortcuts. (They worked in Firefox 2.0, keep in mind.)

it works in safari too (and most probably other webkit based browsers too)
Incorrect. Browsers with an updated version of WebKit (read: Chrome 2.0) will no longer parse keyboard shortcuts.

Gerri Shin
January 26th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Incorrect. Browsers with an updated version of WebKit (read: Chrome) will no longer parse keyboard shortcuts.

My mistake, thanks for the correction about Chrome, however I know safari works, as I've used these shortcuts in Safari 4.

Tyrantrum
January 26th, 2009, 08:41 PM
This shortcut also works in Google Chrome.