PDA

View Full Version : Mascot Poll... Who Rocks More?

Haza
January 27th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Its between Mario, Sonic, Crash and Pac Man!

TRIFORCE89
January 27th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Mario vs three washed up characters who haven't had a good game in ages. I'm going with Mario.

Cheesymitten
January 27th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Crash is getting a bit old for me now...
So i went with Sonic he's awesome :D

pkmn mstr ketz
January 27th, 2009, 10:46 AM
crash is the best, easy, (the naughty dog one) he was constantly smiling and is so funny even when he dies. the new one isnt too bad...
The guy is a fox with a face like thishttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon10.gifautomatic win!

CRASH FTW WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

TRIFORCE89
January 27th, 2009, 11:00 AM
crash is the best, easy, (the naughty dog one) he was constantly smiling and is so funny even when he dies. the new one isnt too bad...
The guy is a fox with a face like thishttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon10.gifautomatic win!

CRASH FTW WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Crash Bandicoot is a....bandicoot. He's like a pig rat

Avey
January 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Mario vs three washed up characters who haven't had a good game in ages. I'm going with Mario.

Also, the chances of the three managing to redeem themselves anytime soon are pretty much non-existent. Sonic Unleashed? What were they thinking? And how can Pac Man's game ever change? I appreciate the fact that it's a classic and everything, but it could do with some sort of upgrade.

Picking Mario, obviously.

TRIFORCE89
January 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Also, the chances of the three managing to redeem themselves anytime soon are pretty much non-existent. Sonic Unleashed? What were they thinking? And how can Pac Man's game ever change? I appreciate the fact that it's a classic and everything, but it could do with some sort of upgrade.

Picking Mario, obviously.
There have been a few modern Pac-Man games but...nothing spectacular. I did enjoy Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness on the N64 though.

Mitchman
January 27th, 2009, 11:26 AM
If you want to go with current gens it would technically be mario ratchet&clank and master chief but thats a different story. Anyway lol yeah mario.

parallelzero
January 27th, 2009, 11:48 AM
In terms of cool, I went with Sonic, seeing as the concept of a fat plumber being the center of an entire franchise has never really appealed to me. I'm not much of a Mario fan to begin with though.

Cassino
January 27th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Pac-Man is not a mascot, just infamous for being a simple yellow object that consumes things.

JakeyBoy
January 27th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I'm surprised Sonic is winning, with no thanks to '06. <_<
I would expect Mario to win here, because this is a fan site for a Nintendo-based franchise, and the others haven't had a truely decent game since the '90s. I voted for Sonic though, I'm a diehard fan.

And yeah, PacMan is barely a mascot, especially nowadays. And all but Mario is from a third party producer. But hey, Halo is practically dead, and Sony haven't had a definite mascot since Spyro (God rest his soul...)

matt561
January 27th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Maybe mario is old hat now

I voted for crash because he is allways the one i remeber as a kid

pkmnmaster69
January 27th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Sonic defiantly.

I've been a fan a of Sonic since i was 3 years old.

Crystal Clair
January 27th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Crash Bandicoot ftw. He wasn't overmilked like Mario and I had the most fun in his games.

Fox♠
January 27th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Mario is the most over used, washed up character of all.

I'm gonna have to vote Pac-Man because the other three have all gone down the drain, not that PM hasn't, he;s just not as over done as Crash, Sonic and Mario.

Noah Ridgewood
January 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Unfortunately, though I hate to vote for him, my vote goes to Mario. All the others are rather dull and boring. Sonic, I've played a few of those games before and grow bored very quickly; Crash, haven't played a game involving him in years. The last one, I believe was back when Play Station 1 was the only good thing to play. Pac Man, unfortunately, though Pac Man's extremely cool, when I think of him, I still think of the ugly graphics-lacking 2D figure that people play in the arcades. So,.. none for him.

Aether
January 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Sonic. Despite his current um... situation, a faster-than-sound blue hedgehog beats a fat plumber and a goofy bandicoot any day.

Rioku_Zanketa
January 28th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I always hated the wackiness of Crash Bandicoot...Couldn't care less about Pacman, and Sonic is no longer cool like he's supposed to be. He's cool to the gamers and fans, but he's no longer cool to EVERYBODY. like he's supposed to be. Mario has too many factors about him to list that makes me like him.

Mario ftw

JakeyBoy
January 28th, 2009, 10:19 AM
For all the people who say Sonic grows boring quickly, I say go back to the Mega Drive, and it's addons. You will be pleasently surprised.
Crash Bandicoot's last decent game was CTR. Everything before and including that was to die for.
Mario is still good, but just the same old game, with a gimmick thrown in (FLUDD, planet physics, etc).
Pacman was good, when there were no other games =P

Frostbiteकर्म
January 28th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I just said Pac Man. Not sure why, but I couldn't choose so I just closed my eyes and picked XD

Tanooki
January 28th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I'll always enjoy the pre-Saturn days of Sonic, but the new stuff just... sucks. I found some redeaming qualities in Adventure (and 2), and Heroes was better than I expected it to be (after reading the reviews, I really wasn't expecting much)... but after the 2006 game, I've completely lost hope for this series. Haven't bothered with Unleashed yet, but people tell me it isn't that great. I'll probably get around to trying it myself eventually.

The Genesis years were Sonic's prime. The Dreamcast years were ok, but most everything after that just doesn't cut it on an overall scale. It really doesn't help his case that Simon Jeffery hates all things Sonic, so until he's gone, we might not see a quality product for a long time.

As for the poll... Mario will always be my favorite. Pac-Man isn't really a mascot, and Crash hasn't been relevant since the PS1. I already went into rant about Sonic, so you know where I stand on that.

~MasterMind~
January 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM
It seems as though Sonic and Mario would be tied since there the 2 more popular mascots.
I find sonic to be better. >_>

He Trembles on Your Breath
January 29th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Sonic has to win. ¬.¬ Mario is way overated and I never liked him. and Sony haven't had a definite mascot since Spyro

Spyro was so awesome. For maybe his first three games. Then they made Eligah (sp?) Wood his voice and he was just ruined...

Barney.
January 29th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Fat plumber..Obviously.

Sonic: Console games past the Mega Drive suck, the hanheld ones aren't great either.

Crash Bandicoot: Used to like the old playstation games...But the New ones? No. Just No.

Pac-Man: One Classic...Which I still don't enjoy :/

The only which actually has never had a bad game is Mario.

Apart from the odd spin-off.

"What about super mario bros. 2?"

"STFU!"

Fox♠
January 29th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Fat plumber..Obviously.

Sonic: Console games past the Mega Drive suck, the hanheld ones aren't great either.

Crash Bandicoot: Used to like the old playstation games...But the New ones? No. Just No.

"STFU!"

The odd spin off? Try in excess of 150.

Darkrai Lv.1000
January 29th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I had to go with Sonic.

Mario has good games, but take a long time to be made, but Sonic has games coming out left and right, so we get to enjoy more of him (three Sonic games were being made at one time, Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic & the Black Knight.) Plus, I like Luigi more than Mario, so that influenced my Sonic decision (since Luigi only got one game, and Mario always keeps him in his shadow). I don't know much about Crash because I haven't played any of those games, and there hasn't been a good game with Pac-Man in it since Mario Kart Arcade GP.

Sonic the super cool awesome blue Hedgehog FTW!!! w00t w00t!!!
(but Mario comes in at a VERY close second... w00t...)

Caelus
January 29th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Pac-man and Crash never appealed to me, while Sonic has been going downhill in my opinion.
Mario is pretty much the only one that appeals to me, whether because I like a large percentage of his games or because I grew up with him, I'm a pretty big fan of the series.

WriteThemWrong
January 29th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Pac Man, and to a lesser extent Mrs. Pac Man, are classic for me so I had to go with them. Mario is a close second.

Tanooki
January 30th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Fat plumber..Obviously.

"STFU!"
Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't a spinoff; it was a recreation of a Japanese game (Doki Doki Panic), because Nintendo felt Americans weren't good enough to handle the actual Super Mario Bros. 2 (Lost Levels on SMAS).

The actual spin-offs in the Mario series are the numerous Mario Sports and Mario Party games that have been coming out every year since the days of the N64.

Jeremy
January 30th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Let's see, Sonic and Crash are both washed up. Haven't seen either of them fully redeem themselves to their full glory.

Pac-Man is Pac-Man, he's a legend, however some of those 3D Pac-man games...yeah. >>

I pick Mario obviously, sweeties. =p

Ivysaur
January 30th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Super Mario Bros 2 is actually good XD

Mario all the way. The platformers are legendary, and the RPG's keep getting better. You'd think after so long, making even better games for him would be harder and harder, but they still manage to. Mario is like the videogame mascot itself, not just Nintendo's.