PDA

View Full Version : Question: I really dislike those smilies.

Vrai
January 29th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Okay, so I really, really don't enjoy using the smilies provided by PC. Sorryz. But anyways, when I post a VM on someone else's profile, even though I have smilies shut off, my ":P"s become ":P-as-an-emoticon"s. It's really bugging me, because I don't want to have to go through and use the "Edit Advanced" button to go through and make it so that the smilies don't show up. If there's any way around this, or if I'm just stuck with doing that, tell me.

Kthxbai.

January 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM
:P
:P

Try this; quote this post for the secret...

devilicious
January 29th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Just put tags between your smilie. Like, put [I] and the closing tag between the : and the P.

Azonic
January 29th, 2009, 06:41 PM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to your smiley options, and click disable smileys in posts. Or you can wrap [noparse] tags. Or you can put BBcode in between the characters.

Zebra Thunderhead
January 29th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Just disable them... I don't like them either, and that's what I did.

Astinus
January 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Just disable them... I don't like them either, and that's what I did.
Disabling them in the posts doesn't carry over to the VMs. I have smilies disabled for my posts, yet if I use any one of the smilies that has a corresponding emote in a VM, it automatically becomes that awkward bright yellow thing.

I remember reading before that there was no way to disable smilies in VMs like there is in posts yet. So the code is the best way to go. That, or just not use those kinds of smilies that get switched automatically.

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 29th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Geez, I could've added that box aaaaages ago.

Anyway, I think I added it right. Enjoy. :D

Vrai
January 29th, 2009, 07:17 PM

You are FTW, Haraken. Thanks a lot. ^^

Sublime
January 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I hated that fact too.
I always used 8D instead of :D out of pure laziness.

But now...

You, rock Haraken :D

Platinum Lucario
January 29th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Finally, it's about time. :D
At least now I can now disable smileys and re-enable them whenever I want to. :P

And second of all, I'd like to thank Haraken for adding that box. ^^

Tyrantrum
January 29th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Hooray! :D
I hate having to go to GO ADVANCE all the time to not use smilies. ;o;

Thanks Jake~

Amachi
January 29th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Since we're on the topic of smilies, can we get rid of all these and basically anything else that looks like them?
:dragonite:2::os::donut::meow::lg::top::5::14::snea::king::4::12::psy copy::3:

Most of them aren't even cropped properly and one's just a donut, what's up with that?

Cassino
January 30th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I hate having to go to GO ADVANCE all the time to not use smilies. ;o;
Why 'go advance'? Even after over 3000 posts you don't know how to type ? D:

:donut:
Lolwhat.

Cherrim
January 30th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Since we're on the topic of smilies, can we get rid of all these and basically anything else that looks like them?
:dragonite:2::os::donut::meow::lg::top::5::14::snea::king::4::12::psy copy::3:

Most of them aren't even cropped properly and one's just a donut, what's up with that?
The doughnut is an old inside joke, so at least it has an excuse for being there, kind of.

Wow lol I'm looking at the code for those smilies and it's all over the place. 8| Haha, I think the whole smilies system could really use a revamp.c