PDA

View Full Version : Acro Bike or Mach Bike?

*~Frost Umbreon~*
January 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Both are good for something, but I want to get people's opinions about which one you like best. :o

Vuallum
January 30th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I like the Mach bike better, the Acro Bike's tricks are just annoying to do in my opinion.

shanecdavis
January 30th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Going fast is much better than silly tricks.

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 30th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Double speed feels awful. I'd rather go Mach Bike for three times the speed (I think?). Going the fastest and going down the Cycling Road (and achieving the fastest time) is something I'd always want to do.

Eon-Rider
January 30th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I've always liked the Acro Bike for the versatility rather than the speed of the Mach Bike. They both have their different uses but for general cycling, I prefer the Acro Bike. I also like the hopping ability of the acro bike since only requires a button to be held down to find a wild Pokemon.

Ninja Caterpie
January 30th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I use the Mach more, but that's to hatch eggs and stuff. xD

Fata1Down
January 30th, 2009, 05:07 PM
In my book tricks are better than speed.

Tashiro
January 30th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Mach for hatching eggs.
Arco because jumping down stairs sideways on a bicycle is awesome.

deliriouspurple
January 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Mach for hatching eggs. I like mach bike for short I don't like acro jumping tricks

Idiot!
January 30th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Insert random filler here.

FatalizSik
January 30th, 2009, 08:06 PM
the mach bike is to fast for me. so acro

~MasterMind~
January 30th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Acro is easier so i choose that one

X-626
January 30th, 2009, 08:44 PM
When I first played, I really liked the Acro bike and hated the Mach bike. After a while, I finally got to where I preferred the Mach bike, mainly due to the speed (and the fact that I quickly got bored with messing with the tricks).

ckret2
January 30th, 2009, 09:00 PM
For me, speed is better than tricks. However, easy steering is better than speed. So I've always preferred the Acro Bike, because I never got the hang of the Mach Bike's inconsistent speed. I have a tendency to run into things...

The only exception is when I have an egg. Then, give me a Mach Bike and a straight road.

Caelus
January 30th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Using the Acro Bike doesn't offer anything aside from double the normal speed and tricks, while the Mach bike can accelerate in a much faster rate.
One thing I like about the Mach bike is the time thing at Cycle Road. It's pretty fun navigating through the road trying to avoid bikers who could possibly hinder your progress.
Oh, and Macro bikes can be used in Sky Pillar for those who want to capture Rayquaza.

♣Gawain♣
January 31st, 2009, 02:49 AM
Mach bikes for crossing traps and something. But I like Acro 'cause of it's good control.

Sebastien Loeb
January 31st, 2009, 11:35 AM
Mach Bike for the simple motive, that I like to beat the record of the cycle footstep, nothing more.

chanchimi
January 31st, 2009, 11:44 AM
I like to use the mach bike, I like the speed over the tricks.

Honest
January 31st, 2009, 11:48 AM
Mach is built for SPEED!
Acro is built for TRICKS!

Mach because I get around faster, and it does wonders in hatching eggs. XD

Cold Fusion
January 31st, 2009, 12:06 PM
I love the mach for my egg hatching and for the cycling road. i've always wanted to beat my bro's record but never have done. :(

Zero Avenged
January 31st, 2009, 12:48 PM
I like my bikes the way I battle. With style! xD

Acro bike was way more fun

Jorah
January 31st, 2009, 01:02 PM
Mach bike, the acro bike is way too slow.

Mewliveson
January 31st, 2009, 01:13 PM
Mach bike helps you get Rayquaza what could be better than that? :) Also helps you get Glalie.
Acro bike is too hard to hard to work.

Superjub
January 31st, 2009, 01:27 PM
I like Acro more mainly because its different XD
But i think Mach is awesome too.

Doing bunny hops and other tricks on the Acro is something I find better than going quicker, though going really fast is good to XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
January 31st, 2009, 02:07 PM
I prefer the Acro Bike. The extra speed's nice, but when you can't control the thing well, it takes away much of its usefulness. I hated having to use the thing to get to Rayquaza since it handles like a bus.

Mach Bike's only good for going in a straight line. And the time trial on Cycling Road never interested me, so meh...

Cassino
January 31st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Neither is better since both are required to explore everywhere on the world map.

Having done that, however, I've gone with the Mach Bike since I like to race on the cycle road, but I tend simply to run everywhere anyway.

Frostbiteकर्म
January 31st, 2009, 04:32 PM
Mach Bike...I like to go fast.

Clairissa
January 31st, 2009, 04:47 PM
Acro.
I crash too much on Mach =<

foullump
January 31st, 2009, 05:40 PM
Mach Bike. I ride the bike to go fast... Not to jump little obstacles.

Evilyn
January 31st, 2009, 05:52 PM
Mach Bike, even though I crash somewhere every five seconds. The only time I've used Acro Bike was when I wanted to get to some part of the Safari Zone.

>Feelings<
January 31st, 2009, 06:04 PM
I use both Acro Bike and Mach Bike, since they're both useful in their own ways.
But I use Mach Bike 80% of the times I actually ride a bike.
But in actual I prefer to use my Running Shoes and run around rather than use bikes at all.

Megaera
February 1st, 2009, 06:38 AM
I like the fast things so Mach for me. For hatching eggs, but I like acro too, for fun tricks tough.

Aitania
February 1st, 2009, 07:02 AM
Mach bikiee!! hehe C:
I like it since it's fast... I like speed - but i fail at "biking" well.
I normally forget about my bike however, I like my shoes xD!

Artemis
February 1st, 2009, 07:21 AM
Mach Bike, because I just love to move faster!!! and faster...and FAAAAAASter...

Went
February 1st, 2009, 07:44 AM
Mach Bike is very useful when you are in a permanent hurry or you want to breed eggs. I mostly use that one, although I also like playing with the Acro one XD

Lalapizzame
February 1st, 2009, 09:50 AM
Well personally I'd choose Mach. Hatching eggs with the Acro Bike was never interesting, and getting a nice record with my Mach Bike caught my attention span for a while. I'm pretty used to controlling the Mach Bike, which really helps too. :D

Felly
February 1st, 2009, 10:29 AM
The acro bike is easier for me to control, so I use that one more often. I just use the Mach Bike for breeding.

wolf
February 1st, 2009, 10:32 AM
I always preferred the Acro Bike because I am usually bad at controlling the Mach Bike. D:

Azonic
February 1st, 2009, 12:30 PM
Mach Bike since I'm impatient and I want to go really fast? XD I rarely use Acro Bike.

msdmario
February 1st, 2009, 07:56 PM
I prefer the Mach Bike. Since I've played RSE for a long time, I rarely crash a lot since I know my way around unless I'm very careless. Acro Bike never really interested me. The bunny hop is so useless to me since I spend more time breeding in Emerald recently. Only time I use the Acro Bike was in the Safari Zone because you need both bikes if you want to capture everything there.

kaylus
February 2nd, 2009, 03:20 AM
I like the acro bike.

http://dragcave.net/image/ioHC.gif (http://dragcave.net/view/ioHC)

Corvus of the Black Night
February 2nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Mach bike. So much fun going back and forth, hatching Beldums...

Blue_Drifblim
February 2nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
Actually, I rarely used the bikes. I used the Mach Bike when I hatched eggs, and only used the Acro Bike whenever I got to one of those sand/dirt wall things. Most of the time, I just ran. It was using the Acro Bike in the Sky Pillar, though. I actually went back there sometimes just to do the maze.

Cassino
February 2nd, 2009, 03:35 PM
Actually, I rarely used the bikes. I used the Mach Bike when I hatched eggs, and only used the Acro Bike whenever I got to one of those sand/dirt wall things. Most of the time, I just ran. It was using the Acro Bike in the Sky Pillar, though. I actually went back there sometimes just to do the maze.
Hatching Pokemon fast, sandy slopes, Sky Pillar — all of those require the Mach Bike.

WriteThemWrong
February 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
I had fun with the acro bike for a few minutes then went with the mach. Sky pillar was a pain to complete. It took me a while to get used to mach bikes speed but now its a breeze

kissing. raindrops
February 2nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Mach Bike is the better one, obvious reasons.

Aether
February 2nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
I almost always use the mach bike, it's faster and mastering how to not crash is fun. :)

Blue_Drifblim
February 2nd, 2009, 08:00 PM
Hatching Pokemon fast, sandy slopes, Sky Pillar — all of those require the Mach Bike.

I got the two confused. I haven't played this game in forever, so don't blame me. XD

Gleam Noiyam
February 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
I like the Arco bike you can do Popping weelees and go up those special ramps.

Gold95
February 7th, 2009, 04:17 AM
if i tell um... Mach Bike because it has a great speed and also can be used to hatch the eggs
i hate Acro Bike because when you do the jumping trick it's very slow....

Heather
February 7th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I would pick acro bike because it can do tricks and get through more obsticles.

Fusktacular Frizzlee
February 7th, 2009, 08:15 AM
mach bike because its faster

Asmo-deus
February 7th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Acro hands down. Much more efficient, and I can do cool tricks. In D/P, they made acro the slow one who can't do things.

XaRhS
February 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Mach bike is quicklier than acro bike, while acro helps you do tricks and jump from ledges. So,i'd prefer acro.

salmence33
February 10th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I like the mach bike because it makes it
easier to level up pokemon in the ...um...
training thing

OokamiShipper
February 14th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Mach, cuz I like going fast. But acro is pretty cool, I like hopping from place to place.

Black Ice
February 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Mach, because you only need the Acro about 3 times through the entire game and it's pretty slow whenever you don't need it.

Jumpluff
February 14th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Oh, Tricky choice there friends I would agree with many people saying Mach Bike because when It comes going down long lanes, I feel like rushing and having a nice quick speedy trip down the bottom to some Pokemon Victory!

SpRiTeRnInJa
February 14th, 2009, 03:41 PM
i say acro bike because it can do tricks and help you get through more obstacles

~ Yukishii
February 14th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Acro bike.
I don't use Mach bike simply because I can just run fast.
In fact, I rarely use bikes period.
But yes, Acro's tricks are useful.

HoneyBubbles
February 14th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Acro bike. It's just more fun. C:

teababe27
February 14th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I use the Mach bike more, but both are good in their own ways.

Silhouette
February 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I prefer the mach, simply because I'm use to it. It was the first bike that I chose.

Mattysaurus
February 14th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I like the Mach Bike for its speed because I just like to get where i'm going and not sit around doing bunny-hops and wheelies.

ErickaVolt
February 14th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I'd prefer both. In Acro Bike, it can do tricks. While in Mach Bike it is faster. Useful for hatching eggs faster or level up in day care.

The Hero Without a Name
February 14th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Mach Bike fosho.

Only time I really used Acro Bike was when I tried to get Heracross. Effing little bastard was so hard to catch >_>

Vincent.
February 15th, 2009, 03:45 AM
mach bike for me for hatching eggs and it's fast!

Bibliophibian
February 15th, 2009, 05:31 AM
I like the Acro Bike.
I never played 3rd gen all that much, so I never got used to moving around with the Mach and I crash all the time. :C

True Reign
February 15th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Mach bike for breeding pokemon and because it is much faster.

Starom
February 16th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Mach Bike XD My main use for the bike was always just to travel faster - the acro bike is so slow on normal routes >.<

Virtual Chatot
February 16th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Mach bike is so lovely <3

Broken.Promise.
February 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Mach Bike > Acro Bike.

Speed pwns goofy jumping.

Milke
February 16th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I had the acro bike up until the elite four in sapphire, but after I beat them I got the mach bike and kept it. I never knew that you could go up on those mud-slide things on the side of the mountains.

PokemonMichael
February 17th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Hmm... ill say acro, because of the tricks and hopping. I use Mach for the day care and cycling road.

blee1149
February 17th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Mach bike for sure, speeeeeeeed. Don't have time to play tricks on it :P

Goketsu
February 18th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I like the mach bike , you don't really need the acro bike very much and the mach is alot faster

syuunikiss
February 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Mach, faster and mostly because the acro bike annoys me.

zacnoa345
February 18th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I actually prefer the acro bike because of the stunts and cool tricks you can do!!! I like to do wheelies.

Kudra
February 18th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Definatly the mach bike. It's the best for hatching eggs.

Amaruuk
February 18th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I like the Acro bike best because I suck at steering the Mach bike, and I'm not picky about speed. Plus, I can just hop in place to train/catch Pokemon, so I can do something else while I play.

Weavile1110101
February 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Well...

Mach bike for me. It required more skill to handle, but it was fun comparing times for the cycling road with friends, and I always wanted to get places faster.
(I also had some strange theory about encountering less pokemon if you go faster... don't ask)

If I needed the Acro, I just flew over, got it and flew back again to switch back to Mach.
However, trying different types of jumping was fun...

I prefer the new version of being able to switch between Mach and Classic more than anything, though.

Patatas Fritas
March 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
I prefer the Acrobat Bike over the Mach Speed Bike, because the Mach Bike is hard to control and I always crash D=

BHwolfgang
March 3rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
I prefer using the Mach Bike because of it's fast way to get to nearby places without using Fly. Also, one can always hatch his/her egg faster with this vehicle.

However, if I ever desired to go through the mountains or just wanted to perform a cool tricks, then I would try the Acro Bike.

It really depends upon one's preference, but I pick the Mach Bike, even though I can't vote on the poll.

~Rose-quartz Iatos
March 3rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
I perfer the mach, myself. The acro feels a bit TOO controlled and slow, and I never really got bothered by the mach's control factor.

Sonido
March 3rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Arco bike is really fun. Bring back the Arco Bike!

JezzaRules
March 3rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
I'd go with the Acro coz my secret base location requires an Acro to reach it XD.
Mach is too fast for me, especially on VBA.

.MurkyBurning.
March 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Mach! its pretty easy to control for me. but the arco has cool tricks. so i mostly like both of them

TeirusuFX
March 3rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
I say Mach, nice and fast, and gets you to your destination faster than Acro

♪クロノア♪
♫Kuronoa♫

-Leaf
March 4th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Acro, i like the tricks and mach is too hard to control.. however in D/P/PL i like the mach gear better since its easier to control than R/S/E

Tamama
March 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Mach, The speed is useful and tricks on acro are a bit annoying.

Tanooki
March 5th, 2009, 12:57 AM
The Mach Bike is irritating to use, besides when you need it (or if you're doing time challanges on Cycling Road). I prefer the Acro Bike, because it's a lot easier to use overall, and it actually makes going places faster, because you're not hitting everything (I'm not all that great with the Mach Bike, except on the Cycling Road, which I've gotten the path down pretty well now, so I have great finish times).

Really though, with the introduction of the Running Shoes, I don't rely on the bikes nearly as much as I did in R/B/Y or G/S/C. It's my preferred method of travel in the Advance Gen.