PDA

View Full Version : What reason(s) do you have for still coming to PC?

>Feelings<
January 31st, 2009, 02:24 AM
Tell us all the reasons for you coming back to PC everyday, without which PC wouldn't be all that gravitating to you as an individual anymore.
Also tell us what did you first come to PC for, and how long do you plan to stay.

For me, I'd say I keep coming here because otherwise I'd be doing something boring anyways...
Oh, and of course my friends are a part of my reasons too.

I used to come here because the hacking part seemed to be interesting to me, and also cause I was somewhat of a person who used to like this pokemon thing.
Now, I'm neither that interested in hacking anymore, nor do I like pokemon as much as I used to.

But I still plan on being on PC till the time I don't have anything that I like here anymore.

Dukey
January 31st, 2009, 02:29 AM
I come to PC everyday, too check any vm's or pm's, chat with friends, check any requests in my shop and just too hang out.
PC is just such a great place, it offers so much more than Pokemon, so even once you have gotten over it, PC is still awesome.

I intend to stay as long as I can, which is obvious, but if I leave I'd probably come back, and if I leave, it's because I'm like 18 and am finding this place boring, which I doubt will happen :/

Yeah. I guess PC is just a great place to hang out and chat.

Megaera
January 31st, 2009, 02:37 AM
The only reason I come here is to see how my bestfriend and to chat with other people

s0nido
January 31st, 2009, 02:38 AM
I joined PC initially to download a game. I couldn't be bothered visiting the forum after that, then five months later, it was the summer holidays. I suddenly had nothing to do, so I began to post at this forum to pass time. When school starts on Monday, though, my posting will suddenly become very limited...

♣Gawain♣
January 31st, 2009, 02:38 AM
I sign in here for the whole weekdays, cause I like posting my opinions and stuff, vming and reading.

I doubt it I'll leave here, even I became married and got a job.

Yeah, PC is the no 1 forum I've entered.

Reminiscing
January 31st, 2009, 02:42 AM
The reason is to see how my bestfriend is fine and doing good. And PC is a great place to hang out with.

Sublime
January 31st, 2009, 11:12 AM
Three reasons, really.

1. Check my VM's. Usually with Serene and ~Kiss Kiss~
2. Roleplaying
3. DCC

And that's about it.

~MasterMind~
January 31st, 2009, 11:15 AM
i left for a month and returned and iam staying here because of people kept encouraging me to come back and stay :B

Gold warehouse
January 31st, 2009, 11:15 AM
Because I've got nothing better to do of course.

icomeanon6
January 31st, 2009, 11:16 AM
I've got some fics I'm in the middle of writing, and I just like hanging out here, I guess. It's also hard to find people who really like Pokemon outside of the internet.

Anti
January 31st, 2009, 11:20 AM
Mostly for my friends. The forums I frequent at aren't really that active anymore so blarg =(

chanchimi
January 31st, 2009, 11:41 AM
I'm come here for my friends who I like to talk with, I like to also see all the Pokemon hacks.

Dakota
January 31st, 2009, 11:41 AM
To murder my time really.

Also to talk to x_xcrissy.
(Who wouldn't come here?)
Those two are my main reasons.

Cassino
January 31st, 2009, 11:53 AM
I'm here to see if I'll ever see what the 'offer to become a staff member' PM looks like.

Le Krome
January 31st, 2009, 11:53 AM
Nothing really, other than interesting shiny stories in the SHC, and many of my fans friends.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 31st, 2009, 12:08 PM
I originally joined to trade/battle pokémon. But now that i have no wi fi, other chat became my shelter. I come here to "escape". Sounds sad, i know, but this is place is a good place to vent your stress without offending people (providing you phrase yourself correctly XD) Pluas i have made a lot of freinds here and have "expanded", so to speak. ^^

Nytkoi
January 31st, 2009, 12:23 PM
I have a few goals that I have yet to achieve here, and it's also an intresting place to hang out, and of course I come on for the VM/PMs.

devilicious
January 31st, 2009, 12:31 PM
I come here just to make my profile pretty and post in threads I find interesting.
And answer to VMs and stuff.

I'm here to see if I'll ever see what the 'offer to become a staff member' PM looks like.

Mine came pretending to be an infraction notice.
Nothing majestic, lol.

Sparkle
January 31st, 2009, 12:31 PM
I like discusssing many things about Pokemon, and it's really friendly here and stuff n_n so, whenever Im not really doing anything i'll come on here :]

Jack O'Neill
January 31st, 2009, 12:36 PM
Nowadays, I come here mostly out of habit and not much else. I have more enemies than I have "friends," not many threads interest me, and not a single one of my so-called "friends" bothers sending me PMs or VMs. Hell, I don't even like Pokémon anymore. Again, it's just habit that brings me here.

Metatron
January 31st, 2009, 12:44 PM
Nowadays, I come here mostly out of habit and not much else. I have more enemies than I have "friends," not many threads interest me, and not a single one of my so-called "friends" bothers sending me PMs or VMs. Hell, I don't even like Pokémon anymore. Again, it's just habit that brings me here.

...Yeah, same.

Legit, this post captures everything I wanted to say.

As you all my know, I've actually tried leaving this site several times before, I just...failed...

Donnie
January 31st, 2009, 12:46 PM
the only reason i come back to pc is..
Dukey

Patchisou Yutohru
January 31st, 2009, 12:46 PM
I have three main reasons why I come here.

1. I'm addicted to the community due to the friends I have made here.
2. I enjoy talking to my friends through visitor messages and being able to see what they are doing.
3. It's my online job.

Cassino
January 31st, 2009, 12:47 PM
Mine came pretending to be an infraction notice.
Nothing majestic, lol.
:O!

Now I need another reason...

EmeraldSky
January 31st, 2009, 01:24 PM
To post my fics, RP, and leave my .02 in a poll

kingofjokers
January 31st, 2009, 01:50 PM
to get away from my horrible life and forget about my life outside the forums my life is sucking right now . pm me to know y

Went
January 31st, 2009, 02:15 PM
...I have to mod the forums XD And I want to check what my friends are doing and have fun around here, mostly.

Tater Tot
January 31st, 2009, 02:31 PM
I'm addicted, and I have nothing better to do. XD;

Astinus
January 31st, 2009, 02:45 PM
*points to blue user name* Because otherwise, my two forums explode.

And I also have two fanfics in the works that won't get reviews if posted anywhere else (aside from where I've posted them before), and because a few of my friends won't allow me to leave. Pokemon's one of the few things we have in common, and without that, there's nothing to talk about.

But yeah...mostly the power. :D

Dark Azelf
January 31st, 2009, 02:53 PM
1. Because im a mod =o !
2. Friends
3. Boredom

^ pretty much x]

Gummy
January 31st, 2009, 02:54 PM
*points to blue user name* Because otherwise, my two forums explode.

And I also have two fanfics in the works that won't get reviews if posted anywhere else (aside from where I've posted them before), and because a few of my friends won't allow me to leave. Pokemon's one of the few things we have in common, and without that, there's nothing to talk about.

But yeah...mostly the power. :D

Leave at your own peril, Asty.

MY friends are really the only thing keeping me coming back to PC. And my activity seems to be decreasing as I find more efficient ways to chat.

h POKE
January 31st, 2009, 03:13 PM
I still don't know why I returned after I was so sure it was pointless... I still don't know.

Fata1Down
January 31st, 2009, 03:15 PM
Boredom is my main reason for coming back........

Savage
January 31st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Well like any forum, it provides a place to relax (unless certain situations cause un-wanted distractions).
It provides a false since of.. satisfaction? For the limited time that your on the internet.
That's why I joined, and it's why I'll stay =D

Avey
January 31st, 2009, 04:14 PM
1). Friends. I could probably keep in touch with a lot of them via MSN if I were to leave, but it's nice to log on, find out I have three notifications and then getting a database error when I try to find out what's in those visitor messages.

2). Memories. I've been here for more than a year and there are a lot of things that I can recall and just smile at the thought of them. There are also a lot of memories that I slap myself for and ask why I was stupid enough to say or do that.

3). Intelligent discussion and the use of grammar. I haven't found any other forum that promotes proper discussion and has as much grammar nazis as PC.

4). I still haven't figured out what people do with that free six hours of the day when I'm posting on forums to kill time. Maybe if I figure out, I'll be able to kill the addiction.

5). Writing. If I were to display my writing anywhere other than PC, I'm well aware that I won't get as good a review nor as much criticism as I would here.

6). Six is a nice number.

7). PC is just... really cool. Even if I could do other things with my time and I wasn't so addictive, I'd probably still come on here; it's fun.

jasonresno
January 31st, 2009, 04:17 PM
A good forum is hard to find. A place that feels like your "home online" is hard to find.

I come back because I feel a part of the community. I love all of the Forum features (reputation, blogs, our profiles, our wall, etc..) and because I'm allowed to be a kid on here if I want.

Sublime
January 31st, 2009, 04:46 PM
A good forum is hard to find. A place that feels like your "home online" is hard to find.

I come back because I feel a part of the community. I love all of the Forum features (reputation, blogs, our profiles, our wall, etc..) and because I'm allowed to be a kid on here if I want.

That's another reason why I come here.

You feel like you're actually a member of the community here. From the warm welcomes to the many friends you're bound to make over the years spent here.

You don't end up feeling like just another username drifting in the sea of members.

Reasons like that is why I consider this forum one of my "second homes".

Persona
January 31st, 2009, 06:13 PM
Well, I've actually left the forum a couple of times. I come back every now and then so that I can relate to the people who I normally have chats with, and to gain a sense of belonging. Whenever any of my MSN contacts have conversations about whatever's been going on in PC, I don't really have any input.

It's also been my third year here, and I don't have any real reason to leave for good. Otherwise, there's not much to say as to why I'm still around. XD;

Forci Stikane
January 31st, 2009, 06:57 PM
I have actually asked myself that question several times, and the one answer that I keep coming back to is......that I simply have nothing better to do.

You don't end up feeling like just another username drifting in the sea of members.

...Oh...? Is that based on the experiences of multiple users or solely on your own?

Rioku_Zanketa
January 31st, 2009, 08:44 PM
I have no idea. I guess it might be nostalgia. I feel no urge to jump into the roleplays like I would've done.(I would've been in at least 6 roleplays by now) I guess I'm just waiting to move on. Give or take a few days, I'll probably make my disappearance for good. Making posts is all fine and dandy, but heck, I don't even talk to anyone. I just post. XD

Yea, gimmie a few days. You won't be seeing Rioku anymore.

Thrace
January 31st, 2009, 09:00 PM
The main reason I come here now is to do my moderating duties and to update or answer questions in my hack. I don't really enjoy Pokemon or hacking anymore and I'll probably leave when I finish my hack (not immediately, very gradually). I've also met some really awesome people although I communicate with them more outside of PC than in.

Another reason is the guilt of having spent so much time here. Especially the amount of time I've spent on my hack. If I leave it'll mean I've wasted the better part of a year and a half here. Maybe wasted is a bit harsh, I have had a LOT of fun in my time here.

Aether
January 31st, 2009, 10:33 PM
Part of why is because I love Pokemon. Simple as that. :P

Also, this is like my second home. It's the very first forum I ever joined, and the first online community I've ever been a part of. I've been absent from here for over a year, now that I'm back, it feels like I've 'come back home' so to speak. But I will say it feels a lot smaller than when I first joined.

Guillermo
January 31st, 2009, 11:04 PM
Friends and interesting topics. :3

If I didn't have the friends I do have, I would've been gone a long long time ago. Heck, some of them are worth the world to me. I'd take a bullet for them. <3

kissing. raindrops
February 1st, 2009, 12:21 AM
Actually... I don't know. Why do I come back to PC? I just.. do I guess. I don't have many friends on here.. So I really don't know why I come back. No one would miss me if I left, but I still come back. I like Pokemon, but I'm just not into it like before. I like the environment, I'll leave it at that.

Caelus
February 1st, 2009, 09:04 PM
-Friends: Through my short time here I have gained at least 16 friends that I talk to every once in awhile, some more than others. The fact that most of them constantly VM me gives me a reason to log in. I also like how most of them are actually friends, not just members that added me for no apparent reason (Nothing against them, I'm just expecting a VM or two from the ones that do that).

-Interesting threads:This is kind of self-explanatory, but I do love the abundance of interesting threads PC has. Most places have had theirs degraded for the longest time, but I find a large percentage of new threads to be worth replying to (Unless they are in sections I seldom frequent, mind you). I also like the activity most threads (Namely TCTI and TCC have; it's near impossible not to find an excuse to post there every once in awhile) have.

-Pokemon: When I joined It was only because I liked Pokemon at the time (And because of another reason that I'll mention later...). My interest in Pokemon has been waning as of late, but that really doesn't stop me from posting in all those Pokemon threads that pop-up every hour or two.

-Atmosphere: Before joining I was previously active on another forum: SPPF. When I first joined I was more of a lurker than poster and that was because of SPPF.
It wasn't until a virus struck my computer until I realized that SPPF wasn't that great (I have other reasons, but I won't mention them).
So I came back after being absent for a week before and tried to get used to the members, staff, look (As in themes), and everything else before calling it home.
Well, one thing I like about this place is how amicable most members are; it's nice seeing this many nice members who don't bash others for their own amusement, like in SPPF. So basically I like the atmosphere around here, and that won't change anytime soon.

-Force of habit: Every time I open Firefox the first thing I do is click on PC (Whether through my URL or Bookmarks) and read through threads, specifically TCTI and DCC.
I come here each and every day and probably will for the next few years (I hope).

Looking at this I feel as if I put too much thought on it, but those are my reasons.

Soul Eater
February 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
I come here not because of friends, I come here because the people are nice here and supportive. I know most of the time n00bs get annoying but I've been here for four years, five this June (different account).

PC is my home. I could join other forums but I come right back here. I feel much more comfortable at PC and even a bit attached to PC.

Franceschi
February 2nd, 2009, 09:24 AM
1. My friends; like most other members, my friends mean a lot to me. I wouldn't be half the person I am now without them in my life. Some of them mean the absolute world to me - I would do anything for them.

2. My mod position; I like to see the OT/PT board nice and clean of spam. And it's the only job I have. :D

3. TCTI; it's the place I go when I need to vent or just be generally weird awesome. I've made a lot of friends through it and it's a great place to post in.

Most of the reasons. Plus the Mod Lounge, Went's stalking services, everybody's graphics and force of habit. :>

Sonido
February 2nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
I come here to chat to my friends, post in threads and have fun reading funny threads.

Cosmic Tyrant
February 2nd, 2009, 10:02 AM
I came back to see what PC has been like, and to hopefully have a more successful run this time around. Maybe be a bit more active, and meet new people to talk with.

ASG
February 2nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
same as cosmic. Just checking to see how the sites going