PDA

View Full Version : Ever thought about having kids?

Savage
February 1st, 2009, 09:44 AM
Yes.. actually I have.

I want a baby girl..
and I want her to stay my baby girl.
I wouldn't want to lose her. =/
But I don't, I think I would be a horrible father, especially for a girl. I think I would to over protected.
I also know a lot of people whose baby girls have died before graduating high school, and or even getting to school.

... yeah um I think I'll stop now..

But how about you? Are you a parent in slumber, or are you just two person kinda guy/gal?

Also, this isn't a thread that belongs in Polls, as it requires discussion, and not just a simple, "Yes/No". Just had to add that in, just in case.

devilicious
February 1st, 2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I've thought about that.

I want a girl aswell. I have a sister that's 10 years younger than me, so experience is something I have. I enjoy taking care of her a lot, and I'd probably enjoy even more if she was my daughter.

So, yeah.

Yamikarasu
February 1st, 2009, 10:00 AM
I think I'd like to have children someday, but that's (hopefully) a long way off for me and I don't know what I'll think about kids in ten years. I don't really care at the moment whether I want a boy or a girl, but for sure if I had kids I would have two, probably no more than that. Being an only child myself, I wouldn't want my kids to grow up without a sibling, since its often lonely. ;_;

wakachamo
February 1st, 2009, 10:21 AM
I already have 43 kids. Why would I think of having more?

processr
February 1st, 2009, 10:23 AM
I definitely want at least one child, but I don't see that happening until I'm well into marriage.

kissing. raindrops
February 1st, 2009, 10:48 AM
Well me and my ex boyfriend (boyfriend at the time of course) were discussing this haha.. And even though we aren't together anymore I still like the idea of having a boy and then a girl, so the boy can protect the girl. <3

Cassino
February 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hm, most of us have, if not even replied to previous threads asking this question.
I desire not to bear offspring, nor even to have a partner.

Aitania
February 1st, 2009, 11:29 AM
I've always thought about having a girl...
We'd go shopping together and I'd make the best omelette rice for her!!
Hehe nwn~

Josephine
February 1st, 2009, 11:33 AM
Being a babysitter I can say I'd prefer a girl, boys can be so annoying. :o
Also, I just never really got that whole father-son manly bond thing.

Me and a a friend came up with some names in class. xD

February 1st, 2009, 11:50 AM
Give me a daughter, or give me death...little boys are terrors and not too much else. They tear the place apart, are a challenge to potty train, and break their toys. I live with one, so I'm not exactly stereotyping...

Camisado
February 1st, 2009, 12:16 PM
I definitely want at least one child, but I don't see that happening until I'm well into marriage.
Fffffff xD
So when were you going to tell me personally? xD

No no, same. I want security first =3

Cassino
February 1st, 2009, 12:55 PM
I live with one, so I'm not exactly stereotyping...
You live with ONE, so you are creating a stereotype based upon that one. However your statements are true.

Tangerine Fox
February 1st, 2009, 12:56 PM
Have I thought of the topic? Yes, and I have never wanted children. I've never wanted to be married, either. That's not to say I won't have a complete 180 in a decade or two, and the future can hold just about anything, of course, but, now, I would say there's definitely no desire. Regardless, having children is ultimately the decision of two people, so overall, everything says it's just too early to tell for sure.

Honest
February 1st, 2009, 01:10 PM
Not to be wrong or anything, but I'm gonna have kids for the experience, if you know what I mean...

I want a girl!

Unforgettable
February 1st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Ehehehe... sometimes. XD There is one person who does make me want to start a family, but kids get on my nerves alot. Though I think it would be different if it was my own kid. XD

Working Class Hero
February 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM
Never. I hate kids. >:[

I shall never spread my seed among women on top of that. O_o

♣Gawain♣
February 1st, 2009, 10:59 PM
Maybe, partly because kids are an annoying bunch which you have do deal with and they're a sight for sore eyes.

s0nido
February 2nd, 2009, 12:19 AM
Duh. I want a child to carry on my name. And the more, the merrier. Sure, I won't be able to stand them when they're little, but slowly, they'll develop into child prodigies like me ;)

And who else would you be able to spoil or take your happiness out on? And besides, when you grow older, you need kids to protect you and look after you.

When they migrate around the world, you'll have the opportunity to visit various countries to visit your children.

It may seem like a burden at first, but you will slowly grow to appreciate them.

Savage
February 2nd, 2009, 02:50 AM
Lol reading the comments that have piled, I have come to realize that people seem believe that all kids are evil, and or require a lot of work, and or require the essence of money.

Now while children do require work, and require money. Evilness isn't a part of the equation.
Nor, is life about money. A child isn't a tool, not a trophy. It is another living human being, which should be treated with the decency any human being should receive.

Food, a roof over their heads, clothes, and a loving nature.

But, as long as you at least recognize these dedications, you have your choice of wanting a child or not.

>Feelings<
February 2nd, 2009, 02:54 AM
Whenever I thought about this, I always thought that I'd rather not have any kids at all.
There are many reasons, one of the main reasons being I might never be rich enough to take proper care of him/her.
But even if I ever am rich enough, I'd rather adopt than wanting kids of my own.

All of these may change anytime in the future. Who knows, I might end up not even getting married at all! :)

matt561
February 2nd, 2009, 04:05 AM
I quite like the idea of kids and apprently I will have 4 daughters

Guess im gonna have to get used of putting the toilet seat down

sims796
February 2nd, 2009, 04:20 AM
Lol reading the comments that have piled, I have come to realize that people seem believe that all kids are evil, and or require a lot of work, and or require the essence of money.

Now while children do require work, and require money. Evilness isn't a part of the equation.
Nor, is life about money. A child isn't a tool, not a trophy. It is another living human being, which should be treated with the decency any human being should receive.

Food, a roof over their heads, clothes, and a loving nature.

But, as long as you at least recognize these dedications, you have your choice of wanting a child or not.

A damn lie. A damn lie indeed. Children are the root of all evil.

Aizuke
February 2nd, 2009, 04:32 AM
I'd love to have children, maybe when I'm a bit older though. Right now I'm content with watching my brother and sister's children. Though sometimes they can be a pain in the ass, still, I love them. Watching them grow up, watching them learn, develop new skills, learn new words. I can see it in my siblings, how much their kids mean to them. I see that in my own parents too. Having a child of your own, is probably the best experience anyone could have. Having a child really changes a person and how they deal and react to life around them. Most people say they hate children and never would dream of having one. But once you experience it, you don't feel that way anymore.

Though people who don't have children, sadly neglect theirs if it wasn't planned. But still, I'd never be one of those people. If I ever have kids, I'd love them with everything I have and do my best to give them the best life they can have.

Amachi
February 2nd, 2009, 05:35 AM
Savage and sims796, you both got a bit carried away with your argument so I basically... deleted it. In the future do not go off-topic and be sure to avoid any personal attacks.

btw yes I love kids, I want one now. I should probably wait till after uni though.

Melodyfree
February 2nd, 2009, 06:19 AM
I've thought of it...and in the end I just don't want children.
Raising kids requires time, money, patience and love; none of which I have. That may change over time, but for now I'm fairly sure that I don't want to marry and if I want kids I'll adopt them as they're already alive and in need of a caring family.

Ninja Aiden
February 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
I would love to have kids. Two girls. I have even thought of names.
Josephine & Jessica. I just love those names. But I'll have to wait until I'm older though, silly to have them now.

Ice_Emperor
February 3rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
I don't think so...I would be a bad father. >.>

Tokin
February 3rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
no, I plan to dedicate myself to my career and occupations, it wouldn't be good for me or them^^

Clairissa
February 3rd, 2009, 09:39 AM
I've thought about it, but too young and don't make a whole lot of money to do something like that...
If I did I'd probably adopt anyway =X

matt561
February 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
If I did I'd probably adopt anyway =X
My hat goes off to you my friend

I have also thought about names. I like the name Noemi but to have 4 well thats alot of planning

If you wonder how i know this its because someone i know can read this type of thing apparently and she has been right with all her other predictions about children

Getting back on subject like i said before I really am looking forwad to becoming a dad just when i am ready to be one

Volkner's Apprentice
February 3rd, 2009, 03:04 PM
I don't want kids anytime soon. In fact, I don't even want to be married until my late 20s (27-29 would be perfect!) I'm all for relationships, but considering I want a degree in public relations, I'm considering medical school and if that doesn't work out, business school, I won't really have a huge commitment opening for quite some time. :P

I do however, very much want kids, I just need to wait until the time is right. Two boys and one girl would be perfect, doesn't necessarily matter the order (although a set of twins would be cool!)

Misty, Lance, and Rafael are names I'd love to have. The first two do come from Pokemon, but only Misty is really related to that XD. Lance I just find to be an awesome name.

Hawkfish
February 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Yes, but I would adopt. Probably not babies either since it's the older children who have a hard time finding a home..

Cosmic Tyrant
February 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
I'd love to have children. Hopefully their mother would be willing to have them. I think I'd be a decent father. Help teach them the qualities they need, see them through school. Of course, I'd need to get a well paying job first. Of if their mother wants to be the one working, then I could play the role of the stay-at-home parent. I'm not too prejudice to make the mother have to stay at home, she has rights, too.

HoneyBubbles
February 3rd, 2009, 05:41 PM
I've wanted to have kids since I was five years old. Having children is the only thing I'm sure I want to do when I'm older. I'm planning on adopting and having my own children.
Honestly, I think I'd be a nice mother.

Artemis
February 3rd, 2009, 06:00 PM
definitely...I want a boy and girl...I would be an excellent parent because I've had much experience with babies...I love them all so much!!!

I'm a softie for the babiez...:)

LethalTexture
February 4th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I have indeed though about it, and I think that having kids would be fantastic. It will be a very proud day for me when my first child is born.

1stGenNut
February 4th, 2009, 06:14 AM
I love kids, and I would definitely have them, but I wouldn't have anymore then two at the most. Two will do me fine!

Aurafire
February 4th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I'm definitely having kids....Not ASAP or anything like that (I'd like to finish school first), but it's definitely something I want to experience. Two girls and a boy would be perfect, in no particular order though. :D

Infernape
February 4th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I thought about having a kid. But my girlfriend dosen't want any and is scared to have any so I respect her and after taking care of my three year old nephew for over a week, I don't really want any either x)

Azonic
February 4th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I plan on having 62 kids... boy do I need a hobby.

:[ Um, maybe just the normal boy / girl combination. Maybe twins. I don't know yet. But one thing's for sure, I definitely do not want an only child because it gets very lonely being an only child myself.

Yrie
February 4th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Uhm, no, I'd prefer to adopt. But yes, I do want to raise a kid someday, if that's what you mean. It doesn't really matter whether its a girl or a boy, though I'd prefer if the kid were a boy, since I've always wanted a younger brother. (Seriously, I want a younger brother so much that I consider Reily, my second grade friend, the little brother I never had.) But yeah, I s'pose I'd want to raise a kid, though thats still a ways off for me.

Spinor
February 4th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Yes, I would really like to have kids someday. I really want to feel the love... and pressure... of being a parent.

It will be unavoidable anyways since all I do all the time is......

Nothing appropriate for a Pokemon Forum :3.

star88
February 5th, 2009, 11:31 AM
i'm not sure if i want kids or not. i can't say i have really thought about it. but if i find the right guy, well that is for the future and not now.

22sa
February 6th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I don't understand those who are satisfied with parenting the same way as their own parents did.... whether your parents had good ideas or not, it'll be a new generation, you'll have to think originally if you want to do it right.

Anyway, if I can fall in love and want my wife's baby than I'd love to be a parent. Eventually, get at least one of each gender....

flight
February 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I don't really know. It all really depends, and right now I'm quite not in the position to say whether I'd like to have children or not.

I mean, personally yes. But otherwise, it's up to my wife and all, I suppose.

mystletainn
February 6th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I've always been really good with kids. I basically helped raise all of my siblings. I'm going to become a teacher. I just don't think I want kids of my own. I'll have to be very wealthy and financially secure to even want kids. Teaching will be enough for me I think.

Kyoko
February 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I would love to have children one day, preferably after college and marriage of course. I want to be able to support the child the best way possible. I used to say "I WANT LIKE, 23 KIDS PLZ" when I was like, 10 :/ but now that I know what it's like to look after kids, I think I would be content with 2 or 3. I wouldn't mind a girl at all, in fact it would be fun to spoil her and get to be girly with her, but I'd love a boy fo sho.

so yeah, kids in the future would be lovely.

Vincent.
February 7th, 2009, 03:41 AM
I don't really know, maybe I don't want to because it's a big hard work to you and take responsible of it.

deliriouspurple
February 7th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Ever since I was just 6 or something, I wanted to have kids, but I don't think I don't want to right now. Maybe just one I guess because it's a parent things and I wanted to be a parent someday to experience it too. hehe...

Dark Azelf
February 7th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I'd like kids, not at this current time, but maybe further down the line. I also have a bit of experience with them since i have baby-sat my cousin since he was born.

Id probably want to have like ~2, a boy and a girl =]

Harmony
February 7th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Oh wow, I'd really like to have at least 1 kid before I hit 30, but I don't want to have any children until I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that it's with the right guy, and I'm positive that we can have all the time in the world to raise him/her right. :>

Arylle[It's pronounced like the little mermaid's name.lol]!<3 That's what I'd want to name my daughter.
If it were a boy, I really don't know what I'd name it. XD;