PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: YouTube Autovideo's

Netto Azure
February 4th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Why was the ability of members to put autovideo's disabled by the 16 Character Limit?
Shouldn't we have the ability to put background music on our profiles? It should be a privilage or something to do such an easy thing. Now you've forced me to keep my details page as it is...With "The Trial" in Auto Play. D=

Unless you link us up to a site which teaches you how to embed or put background Music on your profile like in some Websites.

I'm officially complaining in this thread about this feature being taken out.

D=<

mystletainn
February 4th, 2009, 10:11 AM
No because more than likely, we're listening to music already and would prefer to not hear your's. Autoplay was never supposed to be available but somehow it was. We've returned it to it's original, intended function.

Netto Azure
February 4th, 2009, 10:14 AM
No because more than likely, we're listening to music already and would prefer to not hear your's. Autoplay was never supposed to be available but somehow it was.

Eh...I understand. ^_^

But then again most of the time people who go on profiles aren't listening to anything. =P

Gerri Shin
February 4th, 2009, 10:28 AM
you also have to think of those members who are on slower connections. by having auto play on, it takes much longer for the page to load due to the buffering of the audio/video that's set to auto play

Alakazam17
February 4th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I have an odd suggestion. Forgive me if it's impossible or just too difficult to implement, but...can't you have an option in user settings pertaining to whether the YouTube videos play automatically or not? I mean, if this is possible, those who just want to listen to their own music, and those who have slower connections, can just turn it off.

Archer
February 4th, 2009, 12:12 PM
That would be fine if it worked, but I reckon it'll be tough to implement.

The fact is, you're free to express your music taste, but you don't have to ram it down everyone's throats. Autoplay is not only doing that, but chewing through download limits. I think not.

processr
February 4th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Music that one person likes will be annoying to another, and if someone's already listening to music it's plain irritating to have anything played automatically. I'd support the idea of having an option similar to that which allows a user to hide profile customizations, though.

Ausaudriel
February 4th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I have an odd suggestion. Forgive me if it's impossible or just too difficult to implement, but...can't you have an option in user settings pertaining to whether the YouTube videos play automatically or not? I mean, if this is possible, those who just want to listen to their own music, and those who have slower connections, can just turn it off.
That's actually a really good idea. Of course auto-play would be disabled by default, though. The user would have to go in and specifically say they want autoplay to work.

That would be fine if it worked, but I reckon it'll be tough to implement.
It'd actually be very easy.

Netto Azure
February 4th, 2009, 12:40 PM
That's actually a really good idea. Of course auto-play would be disabled by default, though. The user would have to go in and specifically say they want autoplay to work.

It'd actually be very easy.

Alakazam17...That's a great Idea! A simple announcement would inform everyone of this feature then we'll be back to what was, with regulation of course.

If it's easy to implement, then Thank you Ausa. =D