PDA

View Full Version : I screwed up

Panfisha
February 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Game: Leaf green
Ok so I had my team, went to the 7 islands and beat team rocket and such. I used action replay to get a cyndaquil, totodile, and mareep to train up to their 3rd stage and used rare candies (big mistake I know now.) I also had a dragonite, gengar, and xatu.
Now the Xatu fell the most and fastest, gengar was alright, dragonite good. But the other 3, well for some reason, any of the elite 4's pokemon could 1 hit or nearly 1 hit any of mine with a super effective move, even though mine were at least 7 levels above.

TLDR: I need to re-make my team, and this time train them personally.
So Far for my team I have chosen:
Crobat (for fly)
Totodile (train from scratch, no rare candies)
Cyndaquil OR a houndour (same as totodile)
Raikou (I was using the code to catch a wild cyndaquil north of pallet and I turn on my game, set code, and the first pokemon to appear is Raikou XD. Dunno how rare that is but I caught him)

And here is where I'm stuck, as for the other 2. Suggestions?

And is it true that once you beat the elite 4 and get national dex, you can evolve via happiness?

xiraiya
February 4th, 2009, 07:43 PM
A. Gameshark pokemon suck.
B. You lack EV's on your rare candy hacked pokemon. which can contribute to the whole dying in one shot.

C. Moveset and/or types you're using against E4 pokemon aren't super Effective.

(Raikou, Entei or Suicine roam Kanto after you beat the E4 etc. the first time)

If you picked Squirtle then Raikou will be roaming
Charmander - Suicine
Bulbasaur - Entei

shanecdavis
February 5th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Quite frankly, you got what you deserved.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with using Rare Candies on your Pokemon, but as it was already said, you still need to train your Pokemon in order to gain EV points, which in turn increase the stats of your Pokemon. The great thing about RCs though is that you can level up and THEN train, allowing you to be selective with which Pokemon you battle against, so you can only increase the stats you want to, instead of the completely randomness you have to deal with by leveling up through only training.

To be honest, you don't need 6 Pokemon to defeat the "elite" 4, but that is your preference. Also, unless you cheated, you won't be able to get Crobat until you have the National Pokedex. Besides, DO NOT give Crobat that crappy Fly move. Give it to a crappy Pokemon that you won't battle with, like Pidgey. Totodile is fine, but you don't need a Fire-type in your team. At all. Here is why:

Lorelei - Raikou (wth Thunderbolt) destroys that entire team
Bruno - Feraligatr (with Surf) takes down both Onix, and then Dragonite (with Aerial Ace) or Gengar (with Psychic) make easy work of the Fighters
Agatha - Gengar (with Psychic) destroys that entire team
Lance - Raikou (with Thunderbolt) handles Gyarados (4x weak) and Aerodactyl very easily, and then Feraligatr (with Ice Beam) takes out the Dragons
Gary - Not sure what your starter was, so I will cover them all: Pidgeot (Raikou), Rhydon (Feraligatr), Alakazam (Dragonite), Exeggutor (Dragonite), Gyarados (Raikou), Arcanine (Feraligatr), Charizard (Feraligatr), Blastoise (Raikou), Venusaur (Dragonite)

4 Pokemon. Total carnage. Good luck.

Ru-Kun
February 5th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Game: Leaf green
Ok so I had my team, went to the 7 islands and beat team rocket and such. I used action replay to get a cyndaquil, totodile, and mareep to train up to their 3rd stage and used rare candies (big mistake I know now.) I also had a dragonite, gengar, and xatu.
Now the Xatu fell the most and fastest, gengar was alright, dragonite good. But the other 3, well for some reason, any of the elite 4's pokemon could 1 hit or nearly 1 hit any of mine with a super effective move, even though mine were at least 7 levels above.

TLDR: I need to re-make my team, and this time train them personally.
So Far for my team I have chosen:
Crobat (for fly)
Totodile (train from scratch, no rare candies)
Cyndaquil OR a houndour (same as totodile)
Raikou (I was using the code to catch a wild cyndaquil north of pallet and I turn on my game, set code, and the first pokemon to appear is Raikou XD. Dunno how rare that is but I caught him)

And here is where I'm stuck, as for the other 2. Suggestions?

And is it true that once you beat the elite 4 and get national dex, you can evolve via happiness?

You must have used a lot of cheats.

You can get the national dex once you beat the elite four, BUT you have to also have caught at least 60 Pokemon. Once you get the national dex you can evolve via happiness because all the Pokemon that evolve via happiness are 2nd+ generation Pokemon that evolve from 1st generation Pokemon. There is one exeption to the happiness though Eevee can evolve into Espeon during the daytime and Umbreon at night, but since FRLG does not have day/night feature you have to trade to RSE to evolve them.

Dakota
February 5th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Thats why Game Shark is bull to me.

As for the other two PKMN... Well, Get a Kanto starter in there. And maybe a good Phycic, like Alakazam?

Panfisha
February 5th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Not too many codes, actually. I just used catch wild pokemon codes, and caught them. You can't use most of the codes that come with it (like instant lvl up, complete pokedex, all pokeballs, etc) because it will glitch your items from like 10 to ?64, and sometimes make your key items fill with pokeballs. So I could only use those and a few others.
But using catch wild lets me start training them from lvl 3. I really only wanted rare candies to just evolve pokemon for my pokedex.

And just to clear this up, EV is from directly winning and gaining a level, exp share would split the EVs right?

shanecdavis
February 5th, 2009, 02:36 PM
And just to clear this up, EV is from directly winning and gaining a level, exp share would split the EVs right?
No. ANY Pokemon that is involved in a successful battle, INCLUDING Pokemon equipped with an Exp Share that don't participate, will earn the appropriate amount of EV points. Exp points will split, but EV points will not.

I would highly advise that you EV train this way:

1. Feed your Pokemon vitamins to either get the EV points as close to what you want them to be, or 100 EV points, if you want more than that.

2. Equip your Pokemon with the Macho Brace (and get infected with Pokerus, if possible) and the battle wild Pokemon in certain grassy areas that will give you the best chance at earning the same EV points in the same stat.

3. After assigning all applicable EV points, you can either use Rare Candies to level up your Pokemon to what you want it to be, or you can continue training without worrying about your Pokemon having a bad or unbalanced EV spread.

bubblewrap
February 5th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Well, Gameshark/Action Replay Pokemon aren't very good for your game...

It seems everybody explained what I was about to say, so heed their advice. You need EV points.