• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What games would you like to see not a sequel, but a prequel?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero are two perfect examples that come to mind, although their respective "prequels" would come from ending other series. I will also be interested in the coming Kingdom Hearts prequel, although I obviously do not need to hope or wish for it.

Immortal_one

Math is power.
Years
I'd like to see a prequel to A Link to the Past. Well, it's somewhat of a prequel...I want to see what happened in the 100 years that Ganon took over Hyrule and turned it into the Dark World. That would be great! :D
Oh, and to Cadet Falcon:
MGS4, how did Snake get that disease?
Answer to your question, it was revealed within MGS4 actually:
Spoiler:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
A halo prequel please, possibly following the novels' storylines. I'd like to be able to take on ridiculous amounts of enemies alongside other spartans.

Years
Pokemon should have a prequel of sorts.

I remember this one old episode with these ancient ruins; old Apricorn things with a key because PokeBalls had yet to be invented yet.
There was also a GIANT Jigglypuff & a jumbo-size Gengar.

Old technology & Pokemon. So long as TM's still exist...

-
-
-
A Metroid prequel?

Northy

Music Obsessed Straightedger
Years
Prequel?

i wanna see a prequel to Final Fantasy III... i wanna play as the warriors of darkness....

heh... no one is gonna agree with me on that though....

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
I want to see a prequel to resdient evil 5

i want to know more about the new guy

and also some things about ada but thats another game

Years
A Metroid prequel?

Technically, the Metroid Prime franchise is a prequel to Metroid 2, Super Metroid, and Metroid Fusion. Each game happens just after Metroid Zero Mission, and after Metroid 2, where the Metroid Species is totally wiped out.

Also, a prequel to the original Metroid exists in the form of a Metroid Manga, which depicts Samus' and Ridley's origins.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
I'd like to see a prequel to A Link to the Past. Well, it's somewhat of a prequel...I want to see what happened in the 100 years that Ganon took over Hyrule and turned it into the Dark World. That would be great! :D
Oh, and to Cadet Falcon:
Answer to your question, it was revealed within MGS4 actually:
Spoiler:

i think he might mean how did snake get foxdie. Which yeah, Naomi injects it into him in MGS, and Drebin injects the new batch in MGS4.

A prequel to MGS3 where you get to play as Zero or the boss would be epic.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
Years
Well, I would like to have a Mother 1 prequel...
The stuff about George, Maria, and Giygas were never really explained in the series...
(As far as I know at least, I still haven't beaten Mother 3.)

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
Years
I'd love to say I want to see a prequel to Kingdom Hearts.. But It's happening.
So I really don't have one.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Like the posts about Metroid up there, I'd like to see one. Playing as Samus as she recieves her armor from the Chozo and meeting up with the Federation

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
Years
I want to see a prequel to resdient evil 5

i want to know more about the new guy

and also some things about ada but thats another game
Chris? Chris Redfield? Yeah, he's the main character of the first game. Or do you mean Sheva?

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
I wouldn't mind seeing a Tales of Symphonia or Tales of the Abyss prequel. A Symphonia prequel would be cool because you could see Mithos' adventure during the Kharlan war and how he
Spoiler:

Abyss would be cool because you could see what Auldrant was like during Yulia's era, which was far more advanced than Luke's time.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Gears of War: Reliving the Pendulum Wars would be a nice break from fighting Locusts.

Half-Life 2: Filling the gap between 1 and 2 will be awesome. Not so thrilled about the 7 hour war, but more about life immediately after that.

Idolmaster: Would be great to find out about Kotori's past. Oh, and Takagi shachou too.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2009
A halo prequel please, possibly following the novels' storylines. I'd like to be able to take on ridiculous amounts of enemies alongside other spartans.
It's a little thing I like to call "Halo Wars". Google it.

I want a prequal to the Pokemon franchise.

Back