PDA

View Full Version : Hello Kitty-Why?

Graceful
February 7th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Why do most people apart from some people here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=166236) think Hello Kitty is Babyish?? Is is it just cuz its cartoon cuz Im at high school and all of my friends apart from 1 think hello kitty is for babys! and If it was so babyish why did someone in china have a hk themed wedding and why did they create cars and cafe's and stuff(what about the jet).

Kitty's Questions-
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7789/64630030yf6.png

22sa
February 7th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I think it's too unrealistic that's why. It's dreamland. Adults wouldn't be considered too healthy if they were into it. It's too flashy and screams for attention.

I'm a big Sanrio fan and am an adult though. Sanrio has beauty like none else, which makes it better than all else to me. I don't like owning stuff I don't like looking at.

Lover's Kite
February 7th, 2009, 06:36 AM
It's just like saying Pokémon is for "little kids". Ridiculous if you ask me, but yes it's just society. Apparently they are the ones who need to grow up and understand that everyone is different and has the right to like/love what they want.

Signomi
February 7th, 2009, 06:48 AM
As stated by the above, we live in a society where anything positively dainty and cute is stereotyped as an icon of infantry, and of course people are entitled to their own opinion. However, you'd be surprised just how many people pay attention to something perky like stuffed animals, pretty sceneries and charmingly delicate mascots.

As you grow older, you'll start to develop a sort of nostalgia for the things in your childhood that made you happy, and it can be a pleasant feeling to hold these values so close to you to the point you'd cherish the childish bliss that surrounds your feelings. And I think it's wonderful that there are adults that aren't too consumed with growing up, taking on responsibility and moving onto the more mature aspects of life. It seems that everybody around us is so troubled by other affairs that they begin to lose that sense of innocence they have and will come to miss it greatly when they experience lonelier moments.

With all this said, I don't think it matters what age you are as long as you can at least show appreciation for the daintier creations that were made for your enjoyment, such as Hello Kitty and anything else spontaneously adorable.

.inLOVE
February 7th, 2009, 07:05 AM
But also, think about Pokemon. People think it is babyish sometimes. I love Hello Kitty, I think it's cute. It's just how your mind works.

Asmo-deus
February 7th, 2009, 07:14 AM
oh, it's because that it's better suited for a child.

Everyone, loves Hello Kitty, that's why there's a theme park about her.

wakachamo
February 7th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Why do most people apart from some people here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=166236) think Hello Kitty is Babyish?? Is is it just cuz its cartoon cuz Im at high school and all of my friends apart from 1 think hello kitty is for babys! and If it was so babyish why did someone in china have a hk themed wedding and why did they create cars and cafe's and stuff(what about the jet).

Kitty's Questions-
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7789/64630030yf6.png

That image alone proves that it's targeted at kids.

Whoever wrote that can't speak English to save their lives.

Plus, it's the ambassador of Japanese tourism in China.

Spinor
February 7th, 2009, 12:17 PM
AWWWWWW...

Erm... I mean, yeah it's just society, nobody but infants like the cute stuff anymore... erm *coughcough*

wakachamo
February 7th, 2009, 12:20 PM
AWWWWWW...

Erm... I mean, yeah it's just society, nobody but infants like the cute stuff anymore... erm *coughcough*

Yeah, whoever likes kiddie stuff should die.

wait, what?

s0nido
February 7th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I don't know why everyone thinks Hello Kitty is for babies. I'm a boy, so I wouldn' be caught dead holding a Hello Kitty toy, but every time I think about it, it always reminds me of Asia. Pokemon doesn't because it's not really Asian anymore thanks to voice-dubbing.

It's just that Hello Kitty was designed for children, and older people who love it are teased about it because they are acting like babies. In a way, it could be because these people are envious of childrens' ablities to find happiness in everything, and don't like it when an adult finds this ability again. I myself would want this ability for anything. Wouldn't it be the greatest if you were never sad?

Yamikarasu
February 7th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah, Hello Kitty is marketed toward children. Sorry. :/

But so is Pokemon, and that doesn't mean adults/teenagers can't enjoy it. **** society, man. *takes a long drag*

X-626
February 7th, 2009, 02:41 PM
That's just the way that people are. I have been made fun of for quite a few things that I've liked in the past (including Pokemon). I also happen to like a show that most people consider to be for babies. I don't know how many people made fun of me for liking Hamtaro. Anymore, I don't really tell people about the shows that I like, mainly because I'm sick of all of the judgment that people make based on the show's targeted audience. I really don't care about what age group a show is targeted at. If I like it, I like it. Nothing I can really do about it.

flight
February 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Our world is screwed, basically. Let them think what they want to think; just because they may say an opinion doesn't mean it's official in any way whatsoever.

Don't take what people are saying negatively about Hello Kitty too seriously. Heck, Domo-kun is like the Hello Kitty of Japan, and I bet lots of people are into that stuff. :[

wakachamo
February 7th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Our world is screwed, basically. Let them think what they want to think; just because they may say an opinion doesn't mean it's official in any way whatsoever.

Don't take what people are saying negatively about Hello Kitty too seriously. Heck, Domo-kun is like the Hello Kitty of Japan, and I bet lots of people are into that stuff. :[

You must think that trees in Japan are made of pocky and that cities are made of Platinum PS3s.

flight
February 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
You must think that trees in Japan are made of pocky and that cities are made of Platinum PS3s.

I don't think much of Japan, on the contrary. I'm not a weeaboo. >:(

Geez, I can't say something optimistic? :[

wakachamo
February 7th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I don't think much of Japan, on the contrary. I'm not a weeaboo. >:(

Geez, I can't say something optimistic? :[

Of course you can, but saying something like "Domo-kun is like the Hello Kitty of Japan" won't make you sound like a very smart guy.

In fact, it makes you sound slightly mentally challenged, for the following reasons: a) It's not, and b) Hello Kitty IS FROM Japan.

flight
February 7th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Of course you can, but saying something like "Domo-kun is like the Hello Kitty of Japan" won't make you sound like a very smart guy.

In fact, it makes you sound slightly mentally challenged, for the following reasons: a) It's not, and b) Hello Kitty IS FROM Japan.

I never really was serious, to be honest. I had to type something, and even then I had a feeling I was wrong. Better to say something than nothing, right?

And I never said Hello Kitty wasn't from Japan, so I don't know the point of including that. >:[

In addition, if I were mentally challenged, wouldn't you think something more retarded would have been said?

wakachamo
February 7th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I never really was serious, to be honest. I had to type something, and even then I had a feeling I was wrong. Better to say something than nothing, right?

And I never said Hello Kitty wasn't from Japan, so I don't know the point of including that. >:[

In addition, if I were mentally challenged, wouldn't you think something more retarded would have been said?

Well if you're just gonna type bullcrap, don't expect your level of credibility to be the same level of everybody else's.

You suggested that it wasn't by saying that "Domo is the Hello Kitty of Japan". Subliminal stuff, broski. Learn it.

At this rate, if you were mentally challenged, you'd probably have managed to get a gun and end your life with it.

flight
February 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Well if you're just gonna type bullcrap, don't expect your level of credibility to be the same level of everybody else's.

You suggested that it wasn't by saying that "Domo is the Hello Kitty of Japan". Subliminal stuff, broski. Learn it.

At this rate, if you were mentally challenged, you'd probably have managed to get a gun and end your life with it.

I just said that because I heard it from somebody, truthfully. ;___; I didn't wake up from bed one day and say "DOMO-KUN IS THE HELLO KITTY OF JAPAN LOL"

Oooh, you're talking on such an intense degree, wukwuk. I wouldn't be that retarded to commit suicide. :[

wakachamo
February 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I just said that because I heard it from somebody, truthfully. ;___; I didn't wake up from bed one day and say "DOMO-KUN IS THE HELLO KITTY OF JAPAN LOL"

Oooh, you're talking on such an intense degree, wukwuk. I wouldn't be that retarded to commit suicide. :[

I'll bet you did, Mr. Know-it-all.