PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Clans

XEL
February 7th, 2009, 01:54 PM
So yeah, I used to run a clan here. I got back from a 2 month summer vacation language camp and was devestated to find that clans had been banned. :/ Then I lost my DS...I recently found it and just thought that maybe I could try and revive the clan idea. I remember reading the notice from the person formerly known as Blueberry...I dont know what their name is now, but it addressed several problems of having clans like overflow and "clan wars that had never happened." I would like to propose that if you guys let clans return I will personally make sure these events happened, and im not asking for staff-manship. I simply feel that clans had added a special feeling to the game. Of course there are gyms but gyms allow like 12-13? people to feel special, in being part of something bigger. A clan allowed much more than that. I hope you are persuaded, even in the slightest way by my words. :)

Mike Ukiuki
February 8th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Yes, without clans more than half of the battlers at the battle stadium left.

Look there are threads from more than week ago on the first page. Without clans this place isn't the same.
Its not nearly as active, it's just sad.

Stronkadonk
February 8th, 2009, 09:06 AM
They were closed because of the spam that went on. How about just joining or creating battle leagues, to relieve the spam?

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I think we should make a group people who are dedicated enough to keep things within the clans and stuff straight, etc.
and battle leagues just dont feel the same. leagues are just like another storyline outside the game. With clans a group of people come together, trying to become the strongest together, not as an individual.

.inLOVE
February 8th, 2009, 10:28 AM
You can use social groups for that ;D

Ooka
February 8th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I honestly feel that clans only attract aggression. With all the "Clan Wars", it just gets a little noobish in that section. I'm honestly glad that they're gone, and I really don't think they should come back.

Spinor
February 8th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Clans. Haha. Don't make me laugh.

With the staff, once it's gone, it stays gone. The Rep system just had a bit of luck.

But clans? Let there be blood if they come back.

Mike Ukiuki
February 8th, 2009, 10:41 AM
You may think that, but look at the battle stadium nobodys there ever since they banned clans the battle stadium is not active at all.

Now don't go saying the battle stadium is for battleing and that only. Whats wrong with more than just battleing?

Ooka
February 8th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Because instead of being hard-headed, everyone needs to look at the bigger picture. Clans are just a way to make battling more segregated, and cause more arguments. It's better off to not have as many confrontations and just battle like normal people.

Spinor
February 8th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Clans in the battle stadium, basically, simply make the whole area look infested with Mafias.

Aurafire
February 8th, 2009, 10:48 AM
While I agree with Mike about the activity being sucky, I don't think clan are the best way to go about trying to cure it. Sure, with clans it'll get more active, but all that activity will just mean tons and tons of low quality posts that don't have anything to do with battling. D:

Mike Ukiuki
February 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM
True... But still we could change the rules like a mod runs ever clan or something.
Without clans this site just isn't the same...

Spinor
February 8th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I don't think people would have the maturity to run clans without the rivalship of other clans. I'm probably gonna stay out of battling.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I am willing to take it upon myself if that is what it takes for us to have clans back. Nowadays it hard to find good battles, etc. since no is ever on :/ even if the battles back then wouldnt be that great, it gave me something to do since we tested peopl when they wished to join. Maybe the PC staff could find somewhere within their hearts, to make a seperate sub-forum, or simply a sub-sub-forum for the clans specifically.
@-AdvancedK9-: well...theres no point in having a clan if theres no one to rival you. in everything you must have someone of equal or greater power to keep you interested and forever striving for greater achievements.

richdevildog559
February 8th, 2009, 11:33 AM
what cracks me up about this is that, yea clans do bring more activity, yea there was some spam here, yea clan wars didnt usually get there battles...on time, but y is it that PE2K has more success with clans than PC, and they actually battle over there. i think if PC were to adopt some of or if any all of the rules from PE2K, which i've seen have simple strict rules, like 5 members to be considered active, and only clan related things no " hi, whats up everyone"...would bring more battles in as well as activeness. thats what i think, not like anyone would care or not even the admins, would consider our plea to attempt to even think about bringing it back in a sub-forum.....

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I'm just hopeing to have our voices heard. But also, about the Clan wars not happening. Before they were shut down, the EDC and RRC were in the midst of a war...and yeah, there were battles going on.

Aurafire
February 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
what cracks me up about this is that, yea clans do bring more activity, yea there was some spam here, yea clan wars didnt usually get there battles...on time, but y is it that PE2K has more success with clans than PC, and they actually battle over there. i think if PC were to adopt some of or if any all of the rules from PE2K, which i've seen have simple strict rules, like 5 members to be considered active, and only clan related things no " hi, whats up everyone"...would bring more battles in as well as activeness. thats what i think, not like anyone would care or not even the admins, would consider our plea to attempt to even think about bringing it back in a sub-forum.....

PE2K has 6 moderators in their DPP section, so yeah, they are more likely to run clans successfully because the have more moderation. "Success" can also be interpreted differently...Maybe the staff's idea of successful clans are not the same as PE2K's. Either way, you're right Rich. I don't see the staff supporting this idea after the already did away with it.

Azonic
February 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
HEY GUYS HERE'S A WILD THOUGHT :D

Use Social Groups. I don't know. With clans in the forum, there was more spamming going on than battling, and it was just... stupid. Posts don't count either way... so Social Groups it is?

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Everyone is ignoring the fact that i keep saying: "Maybe we could assign a group of people to specifically just watch over the activities of clans."

mystletainn
February 8th, 2009, 11:55 AM
One) We never have and NEVER will emulate anything PE2K does. Ever.
Two) Clans attracted spam. At the high point, I was giving warnings/infractions for spam in clans at least eight times a day. :|
Three) If people weren't so stubborn and adapted to the battle stadium/individual threads instead of moping about the loss of their clans, the activity may not have dwindled.

Trust me, this wasn't just a spur of the moment decision to eliminate clans. I discussed it with Haraken and the other staff members involved in the DPP for months about it. Clans just aren't worth the hassle. :[

Hey Phoenix. Guess what. We do have people to watch over the clans. They're called staff members. :|

Azonic
February 8th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Everyone is ignoring the fact that i keep saying: "Maybe we could assign a group of people to specifically just watch over the activities of clans."Yeah, they used to do that. That group of people was called Moderators. Did that work out? Nah.

Edot: lol beat

Angela
February 8th, 2009, 11:57 AM
You guys do know (Like stated above) that you can make clans in the social groups,

It always has been allowed, one of the loopholes that were made when the clans were closed, I asked a mod when the clans were closed and they said I was welcome to use the social groups for a clan,

I see this is possible with the newest upgrade, the social group controls have never been better, so if your gonna make clans, then you could maybe strike a deal with CME or Horizon to make a clan index in the battling section that contains links to clans that are social groups, that would say "We have clans but there not n00bish and the clan leader's can delete the spam", since platinum is coming out I knew this idea would pop up, I know clans during platinum would make the activity in the battling section go trough the roof.

I'm gonna see how things develop before I state my opinion (Don't want to be eaten alive)

EDIT:

Two) Clans attracted spam. At the high point, I was giving warnings/infractions for spam in clans at least eight times a day. :|
Three) If people weren't so stubborn and adapted to the battle stadium/individual threads instead of moping about the loss of their clans, the activity may not have dwindled.

Trust me, this wasn't just a spur of the moment decision to eliminate clans. I discussed it with Haraken and the other staff members involved in the DPP for months about it. Clans just aren't worth the hassle. :[

Hey Phoenix. Guess what. We do have people to watch over the clans. They're called staff members. :|

I know you have never copied PE2K, kinda hard to do since this forum is a older forum, and the admin on there was a member on here;).

2. You would not have to interfere if the clans would be made social groups;)

3. Actually I didn't feel that, people just went and created leagues ;).

And Pheonix he's wright anything else would be mini moding and that's infractable.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I know the moderators watched over it, like Get way...Ursaring said. However, he also stated that it was a hassle for the staff. If we could let the staff focus on there jobs and we had specific peopl take charge of clans, im sure it would help reduce the things mods had to do.
also the group/clans thing, that just doesn't seems like it would work.
1. people never check groups anyways...

Azonic
February 8th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I know the moderators watched over it, like Get way...Ursaring said. However, he also stated that it was a hassle for the staff. If we could let the staff focus on there jobs and we had specific peopl take charge of clans, im sure it would help reduce the things mods had to do.
1. people never check groups anyways...Lol. Regular members have no power besides reporting. And we all know that reporting doesn't work in this case.

1. Prove it.

Edit: Oh btw, continuing this debate will most likely get you nowhere besides Social Groups. ^0^

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM
...thats true...But as long as its within the clan, and the leader allows it, wouldn't spam be acceptable? so long as its not advertising, etc?
and 1. just go look at any group theres never really any recent posts...unless the group itself is new.

Azonic
February 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Well when we had clans, people who were actually interested in them managed to keep them alive. If they only visit the Battle Stadium just because of Clans (because "over half of the members left after Clans were banned"), then you can keep the social group clans alive too. Honestly, I don't see a difference at all. You have separate discussions too~

And Social Groups are still alive, lol. c_c

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Well the thing is with clans when yo uvisit the forum you'll see new posts, etc. With a group you must manually check and eventually people will get fed up with doing such "tedious" work and completely ignore the groups.

Anti
February 8th, 2009, 12:20 PM
1. people never check groups anyways...

But the staff would have to watch over these (powerless) "specific people" and be sure they're doing their jobs. It's basically choosing between direct or indirect control over it, but either way, staffers have to control it. You can't get around that no matter what you try.

What exactly are clans going to add to the section anyway? The "activity" is mostly spam. Why not just figure out something new to add instead of rehashing an old idea that, as Kayashi said, isn't getting anywhere past social groups.

EDIT: Horribly beaten >_>

But seriously, if people are too lazy to go to a social group discussion instead of an actual forum to do "clan stuff" then they aren't worth keeping anyways ._.

Azonic
February 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Well the thing is with clans when yo uvisit the forum you'll see new posts, etc. With a group you must manually check and eventually people will get fed up with doing such "tedious" work and completely ignore the groups.
And that alone is enough to let the Battle Stadium get spammed?

Wow, manually checking? Oh my god, going to the Social Groups list and clicking your clan seems like so much work! D;

richdevildog559
February 8th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Get Out of My Honey Pot, Ursaring!

i see that angela has a point. and another thing, saying that u'll never adopt PE2k rules for this subject manner is just plain ignorance. not trying to say that in a mean way but, thats like saying u'll never change for the better. yea aurafire's right they do have 6 mods, but if something similar can b attempted here, y not give it a shot.

but again i agree with Phoenix and Angela..... im going to see how this plays out 2...haha

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 12:23 PM
well then maybe we could get 2-3 people to mod clans then :3
and well...when it comes down to it, what other ideas are there? i think we've thought of all possible ones; gyms, roulette battles, legion of supremacy, etc.
but because the activity in clans is more flexible is why people enjoyed them so much.

EDIT:
@kayashi: i know it sounds simple but you'd be suprised how annoying it is.

Azonic
February 8th, 2009, 12:26 PM
OR. OR. OR.

We could get clans in Social Groups!!

The Battle Stadium looks fine with the absence of Clans.

Edit: No, lol. It's not annoying at all. You say it like I've never joined any Social Groups before.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Or we could comprimise something other than social groups since im positive it wont work out that way.
The battle stadium looks dead...it take like a whole day for someone to response to a battle...clans promototed many of the clansmen to get on regularly, not only were we more active(even if they got side tracked to spam) battles were probably around 80% easier to find. i remember in the past there was a time when the battle section slowed down...a lot. then the clans came back and it was like a big bang theory type thing for the WiFi fanatics.

Anti
February 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM
EDIT:
@kayashi: i know it sounds simple but you'd be suprised how annoying it is.

Are you serious?

Step 1: Click on your username in the top right corner of your screen.

Step 2: Click on your social group/clan.

Step 3: Click on the discussion you want to post in.

...How is that annoying? It takes one more "step" than using a forum >_>

Also, treating PC like it's PE2K would be like giving the same treatment to a patient with a broken leg and one with the flu. PC and PE2K are way different and I doubt the higher staff wants to promote four people just to bring back a failed feature from the past.

EDIT: Activity is down in all of the battling forums. Maybe there is more to it than the absence of clans? Because I doubt that you can blame activity problems entirely on that when Strategies and Movesets and its subforums have had similar problems. Just saying.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 12:32 PM
4 is a bit high. 2-3 is enough and they can keep clans down to like what only 6 clans at a time and new clans may only be allowed if one fails within a set time limit for it to gain members.
and no matter how you put it, it is harder to use groups for clans than threads.

Anti
February 8th, 2009, 12:35 PM
4 is a bit high. 2-3 is enough and they can keep clans down to like what only 6 clans at a time and new clans may only be allowed if one fails within a set time limit for it to gain members.
and no matter how you put it, it is harder to use groups for clans than threads.

Who cares? So it's a little bit harder to maintain, but the staff isn't completely bombarded with spam everywhere. I don't frequent in the section but I've read through enough clan threads to know that it's just not going to work. Just because you throw ten mods at clans doesn't mean that they're going to magically become useful. Your argument that using social groups instead of threads somehow takes away from clans baffles me. You just organize battles and do "clan wars"...it's not that hard to figure out.

Azonic
February 8th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Or we could comprimise something other than social groups since im positive it wont work out that way.
The battle stadium looks dead...it take like a whole day for someone to response to a battle...clans promototed many of the clansmen to get on regularly, not only were we more active(even if they got side tracked to spam) battles were probably around 80% easier to find. i remember in the past there was a time when the battle section slowed down...a lot. then the clans came back and it was like a big bang theory type thing for the WiFi fanatics.
Whoa whoa. Slow down there. The staff didn't ban battles from the Battle Stadium. What makes the battles so hard to find? They're still allowed. The staff only cleaned the clans from the battle stadium.

And seriously, the only places clans were banned from were the Battle Stadium. Remake your clan in a Social Group and what difference is it going to make? You have different discussions and topics so its much more organized. That alone is a good enough reason for the thread creators to get active again. But this time, its going to be in group format instead of thread. Wow, big diff.

So why don't you answer this question...

Why can't clans be moved to Social Groups?

Clans will be still there, and battlers will have clans to manage and start. And don't give me the ridiculous (and false) "too much work" reply.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I never said battles were banned...i said they're tougher to find.
Yes, i see what you're getting at, but the fact that the social group is the only thing the anti-clan people have as a back-up makes it a terrible arguement in this case when so many reasons have been provided by the pro-clan members. Also theres the alternative we use fanclubs or the likes for clans but then we'd get infracted for battling, etc.

EDIT:
@anti: that is why you get dedicated people to do the job. its similar to how if we jut promoted some random person on this forum to mod, it wouldn't make the forum more organized. we just have to pick the right people, like the staff has done.

Azonic
February 8th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I never said battles were banned...i said they're tougher to find.And why are they harder to find? No rules were changed about battling.

Yes, i see what you're getting at, but the fact that the social group is the only thing the anti-clan people have as a back-up makes it a terrible arguement in this case when so many reasons have been provided by the pro-clan members.

And there were more reasons against Clans then for them in the Battle Stadium; why else do you think they were removed? You're acting like clans are banned from the whole forum. USE THE FLAPPIN SOCIAL GROUPS.

Also theres the alternative we use fanclubs or the likes for clans but then we'd get infracted for battling, etc.Well then its not much of an alternative now is it?

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Social Groups is no longer a viable arguement against the return of clans. Facts have been provided it would not work out. I did not say that, i said that theres more reasons for the return of clans than using social groups as alternatives.

battles are harder to find because some manye people left after the banishment of clans.

Anti
February 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Yes, i see what you're getting at, but the fact that the social group is the only thing the anti-clan people have as a back-up makes it a terrible arguement in this case when so many reasons have been provided by the pro-clan members. Also theres the alternative we use fanclubs or the likes for clans but then we'd get infracted for battling, etc.

Oh, you want more anti-clan arguments? Happy to help ^_^

For one thing, they are a complete and utter spampit. The only way to solve that is to throw more moderators at clans. Is that a realistic solution? No. =/ Half of the "activity" they attract is this black hole of aggressive and pointless arguing and constant spam. Why would anybody want that back in the Battle Stadium?

Also, nothing particularly good comes out of them. "Activity"? Yeah, and a way bigger workload for the staff and a burden that nobody should have to put up with...for what? I'd much rather have less activity but with intelligent people than a noob-infested black hole where mods are working like they're in law school. Again, almost nothing good comes out of these. Clan wars? Yeah, those have a lower success rate than tournaments in the shoddy Lounge. It's not worth it.

If clans are really as great as you make them out to be, moving them to social groups won't hurt a thing while you won't be straining the staff, and for the matter, the Battle Stadium at the same time. "It's a little harder." Yeah, if you want clans back that much, make the "sacrifice." Social Groups are probably better for clans anyway.

EDIT: It's also ridiculous to blame the ban of clans for the drop in activity there. The whole point of clans is battling - no policy has changed about battling. Battle threads and clans accomplish the same thing - battles. The only difference is how they are organized.

Social Groups is no longer a viable arguement against the return of clans. Facts have been provided it would not work out.

Facts? Like "omg its harder halp!" That isn't a fact, that's a shaky opinion at best.

battles are harder to find because some manye people left after the banishment of clans.

So how exactly are they going to know clans came back? lol. Besides, if the main attraction of clans is in fact battling, those people would have stayed since you can still find battles in the Battle Stadium.

EDIT:
@anti: that is why you get dedicated people to do the job. its similar to how if we jut promoted some random person on this forum to mod, it wouldn't make the forum more organized. we just have to pick the right people, like the staff has done.

I'm saying that promotions aren't necessary when you can just move them to social groups.

richdevildog559
February 8th, 2009, 12:48 PM
adopt: 2. to take and follow (a course of action) by choice or assent. 3. to take up and make one's own.

from The American Heritage Dictionary 3rd edition.

and did i ever say b like PE2k? i said adopt their clan rules.... to manually check something is rather annoying. think about it, its like making sure everything in ur house is turned off and everything is locked before u leave or go on vacation somewhere.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Realistic solution? im not quite sure what your saying here. Why would anyone want them back? It was more fun than what we have currently.

Which is why specific clan-mods would be a good idea. Also the activity they brought was not only to the clans themselves but to the whole wifi section as a whole. However i concur with your thought on the Clan Wars...

Just because im willing to make the sacrifice doesn't mean everyone else is. Say the ones who were previously in clans did, the clans would never really grow as new members would never get to experience what they really are like. And eventually clans would perish once again.

EDIT:
@rich: aren't you supposed to do that anyways? xP but this is like doing some college level math on a sheet of paper alone, instead of the aid of using calculators.

flight
February 8th, 2009, 12:51 PM
i see that angela has a point. and another thing, saying that u'll never adopt PE2k rules for this subject manner is just plain ignorance. not trying to say that in a mean way but, thats like saying u'll never change for the better. yea aurafire's right they do have 6 mods, but if something similar can b attempted here, y not give it a shot.

but again i agree with Phoenix and Angela..... im going to see how this plays out 2...haha

Are you saying PC changing pe2k is for the BETTER? Someone needs to think a bit more before posting. :|

EDIT:

Hold on. Let me tell you something: Back in the old days when I used to mod D/P, I made a fortune over deleting crap posts in clan threads. I thought stuff in the trade threads were bad, but nooo, they're were nothing compared to the battle stadium's clans. They tend to get WAAY more out of hand than usual. And guess what? We had 3 moderators on the job. Clans were still a pain-in-the-ass. So in this way, I'm glad they're closed, and I hope they're don't continue, because they're going to most likely go down the same path. :|

And the staff they have now ARE dedicated. You honestly just don't know what the heck you're talking about; you're honestly acting like the staff blindly picks members for the moderator job out of the freaking sky. No. That's not how it goes. They actually PICK deciated people and they VOTE on it. And they DISCUSS. Don't say anything unless you even have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Haha, fanclubs for battling? I feel bad for Siggy. :|

Anti
February 8th, 2009, 12:55 PM
and did i ever say b like PE2k? i said adopt their clan rules.... to manually check something is rather annoying. think about it, its like making sure everything in ur house is turned off and everything is locked before u leave or go on vacation somewhere.

Yeah, it's going to be like PE2K is you adopt their rules =/

And guess what? You whine about how annoying it is to manually check something...that's EXACTLY what the staff has to do with these things >_> Or does it not matter if we're annoyed as long as you are fine? Because in case you haven't noticed, this is something NO ONE on the staff wants to have any part in. If you want clans so bad, manage them yourselves.

And spell out your words, seriously =/

Oh, and read my edit.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 12:55 PM
You make me sound like im completely trying to contradict and question everything the staff here does. I'm not, i respect most of their decesions. But since you guys think this is too much work for our Mods then maybe having 6 mods would be an improvement. If you ask me to, I will personally find 6 members who will dedicate their time to keep clans in order.

EDIT:
@Anti: you make it sound like all the staff is against the idea. I'm pretty sure you do not understand all of their thoughts. I'm not sure how they decided upon banning clans but im gonna take a wild guess and say they voted? this means not all of them would have said "No" even though there is a chance.

flight
February 8th, 2009, 12:57 PM
You make me sound like im completely trying to contradict and question everything the staff here does. I'm not, i respect most of their decesions. But since you guys think this is too much work for our Mods then maybe having 6 mods would be an improvement. If you ask me to, I will personally find 6 members who will dedicate their time to keep clans in order.

The staff do not complain about their job.

6 is overkill. Last time I checked, CME and Alex have already gotten this stuff in the bag. :| They don't complain.

Anti
February 8th, 2009, 12:57 PM

What do you not get about it is not worth it? Nobody is promoting 4 or even one new staff member for a failed idea of the past. It's that simple.

EDIT: If the staff was somehow for clans then they wouldn't have been banned in the first place.

richdevildog559
February 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
and another thing, saying that u'll never adopt PE2k rules for this subject manner is just plain ignorance. not trying to say that in a mean way but, thats like saying u'll never change for the better.

Are you saying PC changing pe2k is for the BETTER? Someone needs to think a bit more before posting. :|

looks like u should have done the same. i never said anything about PC being pe2k..maybe u should read the back posts before posting...:knockedout

EDIT:
@rich: aren't you supposed to do that anyways? xP but this is like doing some college level math on a sheet of paper alone, instead of the aid of using calculators.

yea but i sometimes forget and maybe thats y i have a high electric bill...lol

and i really dont think i have 2 properly spell anything if u get the message. its called short-text....

Anti
February 8th, 2009, 12:59 PM
looks like u should have done the same. i never said anything about PC being pe2k..maybe u should read the back posts before posting...:knockedou

But it means the same thing. You're only hurting your own case posting irrelevant junk like that, lol.

flight
February 8th, 2009, 01:01 PM
looks like u should have done the same. i never said anything about PC being pe2k..maybe u should read the back posts before posting...:knockedou

From what I can see, you're just a straight Pe2k conformist. And that's not what we want to hear. And what Anti said. :|

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 01:01 PM
If they have it under control then clans should be no problem.
Eh, even if some of the staff were pro-clan, the fact that if the mojority were anti-clan it would've gotten banned.
And guys...lets discuss this topic calmly i don't want us to start flaming, etc.
Please think logically about your posts before posting them as if you have, i wouldn't be here, able to come up with a counter-statement to each one.

Anti
February 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM

But it takes too much effort to keep them under control.

Eh, even if some of the staff were pro-clan, the fact that if the mojority were anti-clan it would've gotten banned.

Almost none of the higher staff even battles -_- Why would they promote the biggest conductors of spam on the whole forum?

But majority rules.

And guys...lets discuss this topic calmly i don't want us to start flaming, etc.
Please think logically about your posts before posting them as if you have, i wouldn't be here, able to come up with a counter-statement to each one.

Um

Why don't you provide a reason for not moving them to social groups other than "omg it's too hard to manage! Even though the staff would have to deal with the exact same problems!"

Nobody's flaming, but when you whine about how hard it'll be to maintain a clan in a social group but completely ignore the responsibility and effort the staff would have to put in to make clans possible, chances are nobody is going to think of your post as logical.

flight
February 8th, 2009, 01:06 PM

I wasn't flaming. I was rather stating the truth from what I can see.

Look, I want you to know that once the clans have fell, they won't come back. Add the idea that Luke had to have a discussion with the other staff members for months(no, it it wasn't minutes, it wasn't hours, and it wasn't for a week. Think about that)about it, and yeah. You get the picture. They just wouldn't work.

mystletainn
February 8th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Guys, I'm normally very flexible when it comes to things. But clans just won't be coming back. Post in battle threads more and participate in the tournaments. Use the social groups as people have suggested. Maybe by bring clan activity into them, it'll boost the activity of the other groups and improve the quality of PC as a whole.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 01:15 PM
You say your not flaming but your posts have insult potential and possibly intents behind them.
By saying its harder you are directly trying to avoid the thought of more staff. To counter this you'll say we dont need them correct? What if having clans back would help out a lot? Would more staff be worth it then?
So how long is months? to be honest they haven't been gone all that long.
Get Out...Ursaring: i respectt the fact that you can calmly discuss this matter. But bringing clan activity into them, considering it actually works out(around 45%) it would only boost the activity of those specific groups, not groups in general. As for the quality of PC, i will not argue, its one of the most populous and organized of all the forums out there these days, and yes having clans is a threat to this. I now bring back the thought of having multiple mods for simply clans alone. This will let CME and Alex can continue modding their sections and the clan-mods will stick that, clans. Also like i have stated clans brought much activity into PC's wifi section.

flight
February 8th, 2009, 01:16 PM

He had the final word, and yet you're still debating it. I don't mean to come across as rude, but just suck it up and deal with it. :| Clans are gone.

Archer
February 8th, 2009, 01:18 PM
The fact is:
Social Groups are better. The whole system is made for that sort of thing. It seems pointless to ask for something in a different place to where it belongs.

As has been said, both Leaders and Staff can mod groups, so there's more control regardless.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I dont take offence for that as i see where you are coming from, however, many of the great things that have happened in history was because the believers never gave up.

mystletainn
February 8th, 2009, 01:19 PM
No, we're not modding people solely for clans. Finding a moderator is difficult work. I would get more into the process if it wouldn't be leaking information from staff forums. No, you're suggestions really don't matter either.

So great freedom fighters in history are equivalents to members on a Pokemon forum. riiiiiiiiiiight

Anti
February 8th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I dont take offence for that as i see where you are coming from, however, many of the great things that have happened in history was because the believers never gave up.

Clans =/= the Civil Rights movement or independence for India or the United States. It's over. Clans aren't coming back. Period.

EDIT: Beaten.

richdevildog559
February 8th, 2009, 01:22 PM
From what I can see, you're just a straight Pe2k conformist. And that's not what we want to hear. And what Anti said. :|

really...if that was the case then y would i waste my time here? i never really liked pe2k. the only reason y im active here is because my brother found this place and i started here. i only was at pe2k to try to branch out for the clan that i was in here with. the only reason y i know their rules is because i read them before i made a branch over there. so to make an dumb assumption like that is not necessary. i liked clans cause it brought people and competition to the game. i mean people complain about lack of activeness when clans is partially y there was activeness. and battles were easier to find.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Success rate of clans using social groups: 45% or less

and finally, guys this is what i meant by thinking logically. A comment i cannot provide a counter for. im refering to the Smods btw not antis...everyone else is just bringing this arguement in circles.

Just one last thing. If you guys could get an admin to come and tell me no then i will rest my case.

flight
February 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
really...if that was the case then y would i waste my time here? i never really liked pe2k. the only reason y im active here is because my brother found this place and i started here. i only was at pe2k to try to branch out for the clan that i was in here with. the only reason y i know their rules is because i read them before i made a branch over there. so to make an dumb assumption like that is not necessary. i liked clans cause it brought people and competition to the game. i mean people complain about lack of activeness when clans is partially y there was activeness. and battles were easier to find.

Apparently that IS the case because you want to make PC adopt the concepts of Pe2k, which isn't happening btw.

And that assumption wouldn't have been made of I didn't see "Pe2k" in your sentences in almost every post.

And what Anti said. You can miss them all you'd like, but it's best to suck it up and get it over with. They're done.

Just one last thing. If you guys could get an admin to come and tell me no then i will rest my case. Why an admin? Why involve the Staff admins(or AAs) into this when a member of higher staff already said no to your idea? C'mon now. :|

Anti
February 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Success rate of clans using social groups: 45% or less

and finally, guys this is what i meant by thinking logically. A comment i cannot provide a counter for.

Just one last thing. If you guys could get an admin to come and tell me no then i will rest my case.

Dude honestly =/

This is a debate, which means you can't counter it either way. It's like liberalism vs. conservatism. Nobody is going to "win."

Get Out of My Honey Pot, Ursaring's word is final. you don't need an admin to confirm it ._. Give up already.

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Because Admins are the ones who can edit the forums.
The point of debating is coming up with counters for your opponets arguements. At this point in time the only comments i care to listen to are those of the staff. They can provide reasons that firmly say "no." instead of repeating things that have been said 1000 times all ready another 1000 times.

richdevildog559
February 8th, 2009, 01:28 PM
look all im saying is that clans brought a lot of attention to the battle forum...wouldnt u agree that then, battles were easier to find?

XEL
February 8th, 2009, 01:29 PM
rich, that arguement is finished. if an admin tells me their decesion was final then... :/

flight
February 8th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Because Admins are the ones who can edit the forums.
The point of debating is coming up with counters for your opponets arguements. At this point in time the only comments i care to listen to are those of the staff. They can provide reasons that firmly say "no." instead of repeating things that have been said 1000 times all ready another 1000 times.

Lol. Editing the forums has nothing to do with what we're discussing about now. AAs, SA, and S-mods are in one group named "Higher Staff". They can ALL vote to edit forums. And if one told you no, what makes you think the others are going to approve? :|

look all im saying is that clans brought a lot of attention to the battle forum...wouldnt u agree that then, battles were easier to find?

And I'm saying that they're gone and they won't be coming back. What part of no don't you people understand? The n or the o?

Sylphiel
February 8th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Everybody else who said no was pretty much correct. The chance of clans coming back to the battle forums anytime soon is just about zero.

(And in a case like this, the only thing that would need to change for that forum is the rules - which is something the s/mods could easily do on their own. You don't really need an admin for such a thing.)

Zebra Thunderhead
February 8th, 2009, 01:54 PM
If you want to be part of a "clan" so badly, go join like 3 gyms or something. We aren't bringing them back.

Angela
February 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM
^^^Well that's the only post that matters in this entire thread.

I feel like some of you are misunderstanding one thing,

The PE2K battling section may have 6 mods, but only 2 of those mods are active in the battling section, the others spread around the forum, the others spread around and don't even bother taking a look at the section, like one manages the art section they spread around, most have power over that section but aren't active in there.

So it only takes 2 mods for the whole battling section, sorta like PC has it now.

I cant see what was so bad about making the clans in the social groups, I would have settled for that, but I guess some people are just too greedy.

flight
February 8th, 2009, 04:08 PM
^^^Well that's the only post that matters in this entire thread.

I feel like some of you are misunderstanding one thing,

The PE2K battling section may have 6 mods, but only 2 of those mods are active in the battling section, the others spread around the forum, the others spread around and don't even bother taking a look at the section, like one manages the art section they spread around, most have power over that section but aren't active in there.

So it only takes 2 mods for the whole battling section, sorta like PC has it now.

I cant see what was so bad about making the clans in the social groups, I would have settled for that, but I guess some people are just too greedy.

This thread was meant to die right after Color Me Evil posted. Everything is already settled, so I don't see the point of your addition. o_o

usami
February 8th, 2009, 04:23 PM
k. To avoid the obvious just being restated in this thread, I'm going to close this. :|
This thread was meant to die right after Color Me Evil posted. Everything is already settled, so I don't see the point of your addition. o_o
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mfl/lowres/mfln130l.jpg