PDA

View Full Version : Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald?

Konekodemon
February 8th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Which adventure do you like best. I like the Ruby/Sapphire ones best just cause they do Pokemon Contests. Even though Emerald has all those extra features, it no longer has the Contests. What I don't get is why Emerald didn't have them in the Battle Frontier. There were Contests in the Battle Frontier on the anime so why not on the game? That makes no sense.

Vincent.
February 8th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Emerald for me!
Because of the animated sprites! and the battle frontier too it's really fun and the extras are great!

Reminiscing
February 8th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Well for me, I'm in Ruby/Sapphire!
I like the contests, but I also like emerald because it added new extras like the battle frontier.

shanecdavis
February 8th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Emerald has everything Ruby/Sapphire has (including contests btw) and a lot more.

Fusktacular Frizzlee
February 8th, 2009, 09:37 AM
ruby/sapphire
for the contests

OokamiShipper
February 8th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Emerald logically has more...but I never got to the Battle Frontier...cuz I had one of those stupid fake Emerald games...D<
So...I had Sapphire...I liked it.

Cold Fusion
February 8th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I loved emerald the story line was awsome and the extras were so coolio!

EJames2100
February 8th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Emerald, Dunno why, I just prefer it :)

HoneyBubbles
February 8th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I chose Sapphire because it was my first pokemon game. I'm sentimental like that.
But I love Emerald for the calling option on the Pokenav and the Battle Frontier. One change that I didn't like in Emerald was the battle tents. I never used them, and I had to wait until Lilycove City to enter a contest.

Jumpluff
February 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Sapphire, I recentlly bought the game and It says "It's quite rare" so I'm quite lucky but while playing Emerald I see the differences but Emerald isn't that great because It has not got Contests and that Atracts Girls & Gays to Pokemon.

True Reign
February 8th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Pokemon Emerald is much, much better because of the Battle Frontier. Adds an extra twist in the game that is a lot harder than others think.

Which adventure do you like best. I like the Ruby/Sapphire ones best just cause they do Pokemon Contests. Even though Emerald has all those extra features, it no longer has the Contests. What I don't get is why Emerald didn't have them in the Battle Frontier. There were Contests in the Battle Frontier on the anime so why not on the game? That makes no sense.

Last time I checked you can join contests once you get to Lilycove City.

.thatGuy
February 8th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Emerald fer sure!!

Theres battle frontier, both groudon and kyogre in one game and uhh...
the pokemon animation thing!
Plus! Rayquaza is awesome!! :)

~ Yukishii
February 8th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Emerald.
Moving sprites ftw.
I so rarely do contests I didn't even notice Emerald doesn't have them.

shanecdavis
February 9th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Why do people keep saying Emerald doesn't have contests? The contests are all held in Lilycove. Emerald replaced the contests in the other cities with the much better Battle Tents, making Emerald even better.

Heather
February 9th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Emerald, mainly because of Rayquaza. But all the updates it made from Ruby and Sapphire are cool also. Like when u r in the middle of 2 trainers you end up battling them both as a double battle. Thats awesome.

.emerald
February 9th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I loved the three due to their various plot changes. Ruby/ Sapphire interested me due to the Box and Battle Card e+ that have been released. Even Colosseum has been stirring me up. But, out of the three, Pokemon Emerald Version is the one I loved most, until now (even after the release of D/P/P.) It's been my favorite due to the accessibility of a new area - Battle Frontier. And accounting that the Contest Ranks are all on one roof. The Battle tents interested me as well. The storyline was awesome and the sprite changes made it even more exceptional. There is no doubt that IMHO, Pokemon Emerald Version is the best! :D

angelsavoir
February 9th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I've only owned Emerald, so thats what I am going to go with!

IcedWings
February 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Emerald. I like the extra stuff to do on there + the opening battle pokemon animations n_n

But I like sapphire too only b/c it's such a pretty color x33

Megaera
February 10th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Probably Ruby/Sapphire! Because of the contest, but I liked emerald too, for the battle frontier. But I prefer ruby/sapphire:DXD

Ru-Kun
February 10th, 2009, 01:55 PM

You confuse me. Emerald has contests. What do you think that big building is at Lilycove? Also there wern't contests at the Battle Frontier like the anime because anime=/=games it's as simple as that.

I personally prefer Emerald Version for some reason.

Le Krome
February 10th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Ruby/Sapphire.

Emerald was only good for the additions, such as the Battle Frontier and Extra Events (It's not like many were even used, anyway)
Plus, it is a terrible game to hunt shinies in.
And it's much simpler in R/S.
I really don't feel like pointing out all of the similarities and differences right now.

XaRhS
February 10th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Sapphire ftw!I never owned Ruby or Emerald, so i'll go with it. Plus, i like the storyline.

salmence33
February 10th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Emerald of course!
I like the animated sprites and the battle frontier.

Xebelleon
February 10th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I prefer Ruby/Sapphire due to the lower level of Groudon/Kyogre.
Essentially the same game, I only use Emerald for breeding and item collection (Butterfree's Compoundeyes + Thief).

And Battle Frontier annoys me as well.

manganohime
February 10th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Emerald.

1. It's green
2. It's green
3. It's green
4. It's green
5. it's green
6. Battle Frontier
7. You can catch Kyogre AND Groudon
8. You get to destroy both Team Aqua and Team Magma
9. Battle Tents
10. Extra Safari Zone area

(Did I mention it's green?)

WiiMann
February 10th, 2009, 04:04 PM
EMerald cause it has Groudon and Kyogre and i hated the contest. =|

Wichu
February 10th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Emerald has a broken RNG which makes it ridiculously easy to catch shinies and breed amazing Pokémon :P
So Emerald it is.

msdmario
February 13th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Emerald has a broken RNG which makes it ridiculously easy to catch shinies and breed amazing Pokémon :P
So Emerald it is.

THIS.

I recently figured out how to abuse the RNG as well since there is two threads at Smogon for this. Since I caught all of the legends before discovering this, I tested it out with the event ones. Caught a Shiny Southern Island Latios with a few soft resets. Gonna restart my game sometime to find a decent ID and Secret ID number that can give me good shines along with decent IVs.

Hamako-chan
February 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Obviously everyones going to pick Emerald, it has everything Ruby/Sapphire has and alot of other features.

hack99
February 14th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Hello there. I have just been wondering how to battle sudowoodo in pokemon emerald. When I talk to the tree (sudowoodo), all it does is shake around. Can someone tell me how to battle sudowoodo?

Wichu
February 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
You need to use the Wailmer Pail on it (like in G/S/C, where you use the Squirtbottle instead). This is not really the place to ask, though...

MarOox
February 15th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I Played Sapphire more due it was my favorite game, but Emerald is better imo.

Dakota
February 15th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Hoenn cause it is the most recent and advanced, if you know what I mean. XD