PDA

View Full Version : Challenges?

BREAKINGBEN
February 8th, 2009, 06:11 PM
It's been a while since I've been on PC, but I decided to get back on and have some more fun with the Pokemanz.

That being said, I've seen a lot of "Challenges" threads. When I was last on, I hosted a few Monotype challenges, but I've read through a couple of threads and have noticed some changes (not necessarily a bad thing, just interesting). Can someone give me a short run-down of a standard "Challenge" now? Ex: No Legendaries, No Gameshark/AR, etc.

I'd also like to compare those rules to the ones I used to use. (These are from a FR/LG challenge I did):
-Dual types are allowed as long as that Pokemon has that type

-If the starter is not that type Gameshark is allowed ONCE to obtain a Pokemon of that type

-HM Slaves can be used only for their HM and to catch weak wild Pokemon (they can only gain one level ON ACCIDENT! After that you must release them)

-No Flying type Teams, as it is not a regular type

-No Dragon, Ice, or Ghost types, as they are too uncommon

-NO CHEATING…. PERIOD!

-You may trade for evolution

-No duplicate species (You can’t have a team with six Ponytas… I’m sorry)

-The challenge will end after you beat the E4… unless I find a good excuse to make you all do the Sevii Islands as well (and you probably will have to beat the E4 again after they leveled up). (made primarily for FR/LG)

-No legendaries, as they are cheap and mean (lol... I like this one)

-There are separate Rock/Ground teams

-Post your progress

Thanks
-Breakingben

chaos11011
February 8th, 2009, 06:24 PM
what do you mean by this thread i dont get it

BREAKINGBEN
February 8th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I want to know how the rules have changed over the course of... a year or so. For example, I was looking through one of threads and saw a rule like "You can only trade a pokemon over if it's under level 20". I think it's a pretty good rule and sort of want to know how it came to be (what challenge was it first put into and who made it). Plus I want to see other rule changes that I haven't heard of.

chaos11011
February 8th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I want to know how the rules have changed over the course of... a year or so. For example, I was looking through one of threads and saw a rule like "You can only trade a pokemon over if it's under level 20". I think it's a pretty good rule and sort of want to know how it came to be (what challenge was it first put into and who made it). Plus I want to see other rule changes that I haven't heard of.no its been the same but they added you must have your type before they 2nd gym