PDA

View Full Version : Multitasking

Angela
February 10th, 2009, 12:29 PM
So can you multi task, and how do you do it (Give me an example)?

Well for me, I'm the queen of multitasking, I'll probably end up like Bobby here in 20-30 years;).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4B73A65nJas&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4B73A65nJas&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
(Just had to add this video so you would see what kinda multitasking I'm speaking off)

Stronkadonk
February 10th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Multitasking is incredibly easy for me.
Sometimes it may get hard, but for the most part, I can breeze past everything while doing so.
My parents tell me to stop doing one thing and limit myself to one all the time, but I tell them no, and that they need to learn that I have talent; shock.

True Reign
February 10th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I tend to multitask alot.

This morning, I was listening to my iPod while studying and eating or I brush my teeth in the shower. It is pretty easy.

star88
February 10th, 2009, 03:12 PM
i do it to though generally it is reading two books at once. either that or i am writing and playing on my ds. i think the two books at once really irritates people though so i try no to do it to often.

Dark Azelf
February 10th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Im actually ok at doing this although its usually only simple stuff such as working out and listening to music or watching tv and eating etc.

kissing. raindrops
February 10th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah. I always multi task. Sometimes I hate doing it though.

Spinor
February 10th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I can play Guitar Hero, and ignore anyone at the same time. *shot*

Argh... I really can't multi-task, however I have a goal of being able to play a double bass and a Saxophone at the same time... once I get my hands on a bass @~@'.

HoneyBubbles
February 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Meh. I'm no good at multi-tasking. When I try, I end up forgetting that I'm doing one thing and completely focus on the other.

Volkner's Apprentice
February 10th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I'm a decent multi-tasker..unless math homework is involved. Then that usually gets put aside until 11:30pm when I'm like 'oh right..I have math to do..' XD

Studies also show left-handed folks are better at multi-tasking. I also read an odd report that said left-handed men think more like women. o_o

X-626
February 10th, 2009, 04:13 PM
There seem to be a lot of reports about left-handed people...why are we so different?
Anyway, I'm left-handed, and I also am pretty good at multitasking. I'll usually chat on MSN, listen to music, post here, and also work on code for whatever I feel like coding for (but, that's not so much anymore). That's only a small amount of what I do, though.

Eucliffe
February 10th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Multitasking FOR THE WIN.

I'm a semi-pro multitasker XD I'm able to keep an emulator going, type to other people/open multiple windows to chat with multiple peoples, and play my DS at the same time. And I know it isn't too hard to do, but I can also listen to music on my mp3 player. And if I'm on a laptop doing this stuff, I can watch TV too.

So yeah :3 All my multitasking revolves around electronics.

Alakazam17
February 10th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Hmm...I had this window open for a few minutes while I finished some math homework, set down my DS(I'm breeding for Nosepass now), switched back from my MSN window, wrapped up a battle on Shoddy, took a bite out of a pear, wrote down an extra point I thought up for fanfic of mine(in Japanese of course, so I could see if I remembered the letters), and then began typing this very responce. And does listening to music during all of this count? :P

...XD Yes, I am a serious multi-tasker. I really cannot stand to sit around and do nothing, so I make sure I always keep my mind on the go with various things. ^^

Rellyms
February 10th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I can multitask a little I'm usually Iv breeding, watching Tv, playing iTunes, browsing the internet and chatting on Msn & Aim.

.inLOVE
February 10th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I can read, write, text, talk, and run at the same time. That's how good I am at it :O

Ivysaur
February 11th, 2009, 12:35 AM
When I do something, I always try to concentrate on that. I even find it hard talking to two people at the same time :\

But, if I have to, I can manage. I can play the DS doing almost anything XD

.emerald
February 11th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I can handle multitasking pretty well. Although, there are a few instances that stress comes in. Aside from that, it's surprisingly easy. :P

ShinjisLover
February 13th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Yes, I am excellent at multitasking, whether it's having a load of crap (metaphorically speaking) in my arms and then opening a gate with my foot, or sticking a cup that I'm holding in my mouth while carrying everything on one arm and opening a door. I can give a crapload of examples and those are just the physical ones. .

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 13th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I'm pretty good at it, and it helps when I have to juggle two sets of homework, Wi-fi trades, take-out dinner from the dining hall, and randomly posting here. Also, my mind wanders a lot, so I'll be on here, Facebook, and any number of other sites at the same time. This is why they have tabbed browsing:)

Mario The World Champion
February 13th, 2009, 03:05 PM
If you're talking about multitasking outside the computer... I think I can. I don't have any recent scenarios to share, sadly.

Multitasking online... now that's a different story. Most of the time, I'll be listening to Winamp, checking out a Youtube video, I'm reading my e-mails, reading comments at Deviantart, writing a fanfic and eating dinner too.

Yamikarasu
February 13th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I tend to get overwhelmed pretty easily. D:

I'll listen to music while I'm doing my homework, but that's about it. I can't even listen to music while I read a book, it's too distracting.

♣Gawain♣
February 13th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I can multitask fairly well, but sometimes I overdo it that I become stressed.

Cassino
February 13th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Anyone can alternate tasks like a computer's processor does with each passing clock cycle, but I prefer to do one thing at a time, so that I do it well.

Netto Azure
February 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Well for the laymans term of multi tasking.
Yeah I do it too much and can't consentrate on one task alone and do it right. XD

kingofjokers
February 13th, 2009, 05:48 PM
well im on here listening to music downloading songs from itunes watching tv sorta and cooking

Megaera
February 14th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I multi-tasking alot but I can't handle it sometimes because of stress but mostl of time I am.

/Circa
February 14th, 2009, 12:25 AM
At the gym I was riding a bike, lifitng a weight in one arm and hitting the punching bag with the other ;D.

Vincent.
February 14th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Well I do all the time, just being alone and concentrating my work, that I can finished it without stress and exhaustion.

the bitter end.
February 14th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Yeah I can.

I'm watching TV, and talking on 2 forums at the same time.

~ Yukishii
February 14th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Well for me, I'm the queen of multitasking

Less you have the ability to watch up to 6 televisions on different channels all at once, your self proclaimed title can't be backed up well..
Yes, I multitask consistently without even noticing.
It is terribly easy, and I don't understand why some can't do it very well..

Working Class Hero
February 14th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I do multitask! :O I usually just do homework and talk to people, watch TV and homework, cleaning room and homework, chewing gum and walking..Things like that. XD

deliriouspurple
February 15th, 2009, 02:32 AM
well one of my friend introduced me about multitasking, ever since he said that to me, I don multitasking alot now.

Mr. Epic
February 15th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I mostly fail at multitasking.
I can do certain things together but with most things I can't do them together or I just would not be concentrating on them properly.