PDA

View Full Version : [2/13]"Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior" Review Thread

Vernikova
February 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Well, neither Charaxes nor Jorah are online so I made the thread. So, discuss now.

Zero's voice is awesome.

Zennerick
February 13th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Wow, this is a dead thread. Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior has
yet to be shown where I live. I am really looking forward to this movie.

Charaxes
February 13th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Well, neither Charaxes nor Jorah are online so I made the thread. So, discuss now.

Zero's voice is awesome.

I don't have cable, and I didn't know it was on, anyway. Heh. Well, you have fun.

Meanwhile, I'm off to play my old Ninja Turtles games (Man, "Back From the Sewers" is the Devil's game). Toodles.

Vernikova
February 13th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Wow, this is a dead thread. Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior has
yet to be shown where I live. I am really looking forward to this movie.

I heard it was streaming on Cartoon Network's site. :|

You and your turtles Charaxes. :p

Zennerick
February 13th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I heard it was streaming on Cartoon Network's site. :|

I searched the site, there is nothing even
related to the movie on there. Not even a trailer!

Vernikova
February 13th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I searched the site, there is nothing even
related to the movie on there. Not even a trailer!

Someone's watching it streamed in Australia though. Meh, whatever. Michelle Knotz plays Shaymin it seems.

Edit: I'll review the movie tomorrow maybe. By then, the American viewers would have seen it so there won't be spoilers for the West Coast viewers. Damn CN though, they sped through the credits.

"Shadow Lugia"
February 13th, 2009, 06:03 PM
The movie was pretty decent. Still nowhere near as good as the first two, but sill good. Especially when compared to some of the others (Manaphy). I was expecting more battling with Giratina and Dialga, though.

However, I think these past two movies were meant to be just a taste of what's to come in the next one.

Blue_Drifblim
February 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I was out all day having fun with my family and I just got back, so I'll have to watch the re-run on Sunday. I guess I won't be looking here much until then. XD

OokamiShipper
February 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Two words: AWE-SOME~~~ xD
I absolutly loved it, but I gotta say, the part where Newton was shutting down the scan, it needed a bit more action.
Giratina's my new fave legendary now.
And no offense to any Zero fans out there...but he was slightly..l-o-o-p-y loopy..mostly at the end...sorry, no offense again, but I didn't like his ambitions.

MartinNFLFalcon
February 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Ugh.
I disliked this movie.
Not enough action.
Not enough suspense.
Not enough sad parts.

They should've tried to do what they did with The Rise Of Darkrai. That movie was fantastic. Honestly. But I agree with Shadow, this movie might have just been a little taste.

Vernikova
February 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM
And no offense to any Zero fans out there...but he was slightly..l-o-o-p-y loopy..mostly at the end...sorry, no offense again, but I didn't like his ambitions.

"Disappear!" -Zero

Sky Form Shaymin had Tails' voice sadly.

"Shadow Lugia"
February 13th, 2009, 06:23 PM
One thing I liked about the movie was Shaymin, for two reasons. The first is that I've always liked the egomaniacs. :P

One thing I loved about Shaymin was that It was one of the few small legendaries with courage. Unlike some of the others (Jirachi, Manaphy), it wouldn't just run from everything. Shaymin basically went "No, I am not going to run, I am not going to hide, I am going to take a stand and fight!"

BTW, do we need spoiler tags?

Stronkadonk
February 13th, 2009, 06:28 PM
A decent movie, but nothing compared to what the 12th is going to be.
Giratina seemed pretty cool, but I didn't like Shaymin's voice too much. It was much better in Japanese, in my opinion. Zero's voice was pretty cool, and seemed equal to the Japanese voice. No, not in actual sound. It just sounded cool.
I was kinda hoping that they would change Regigigas' voice a bit; I think it was a bit too deep and strained. A pretty nice introduction, and I noticed a shiny Drapion in the field before Cresselia popped out. Another downfall is the fact that they completely skipped the end credits, making us miss out on the song, and the ending scene(s). That's all I got for now, so peace out.

Vernikova
February 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
BTW, do we need spoiler tags?

I could care less if you want to or not. You don't need to but it's your choice basically. Then again, you don't need to ask. :)

Lie Ren
February 13th, 2009, 06:32 PM
So I have to say.. I'm gonna watch it all tomorrow, but I caught bits of a little while ago, and it was pretty awesome, in my opinion. It didn't make me wanna fall asleep like I thought it would. Because that's what the first DP movie did to me.. Shaymin is now one of my favorite Pokemon.. o__o This movie might be one of the only good things about Diamond and Pearl. >w>;;

I'll review again after I've actually seen the whole movie, though.

"Shadow Lugia"
February 13th, 2009, 06:35 PM
One last thing. I DARE someone to say that they don't like this quote:

Shaymin: AAAHHH! It's going to eat me!

:P

OokamiShipper
February 13th, 2009, 06:45 PM
"Disappear!" -Zero

Sorry, I didn't mean to be impudent. Dx
I just thought he went a bit overboard towards the end.

I liked Shaymin's Sky Forme's personality, it was being pretty bold.

Giratina ♀
February 13th, 2009, 06:46 PM
We have learned many things in this movie. These include, but are not limited to:

Whoever voiced Zero is AWESOME.
Shaymin is now among my favorite Legendaries (the other two being Mesprit and Giratina).
In a Pokemon movie, a white-haired bad guy named after a number is always going to be the coolest villain in any movie to come before or after it (and possibly the entire series).
Regigigas doesn't live in Snowpoint anymore.

Also, about half of Zero's dialogue is either awesome or headbashable (the majority being awesome).

"Look at you in your pitiful world... DISAPPEAR, ALL OF YOU!"

Same goes for Shaymin.

My extensive List 'o Thoughts when I find it on the Tube. But here's one: "OHARCEUSAMAGNETONYAY!" Missing the ending credits made me disappointed too, but when this comes out on DVD we'll be able to listen to it (hopefully on the Tube, but I'll be buying the DVD for sure).

Vernikova
February 13th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to be impudent. Dx
I just thought he went a bit overboard towards the end.

I wasn't serious silly. I personally liked Shaymin's original form than its Sky Form.

Giratina ♀
February 13th, 2009, 06:57 PM
shy!Shaymin's voice took me by surprise in the beginning, as did Zero's, but I got used to them. The red-shirted professor guy with the Shieldon (I forget his name) sounded pretty much like I imagined him to.

And I agree; regular Shaymin is much better than sky!Shaymin.

OokamiShipper
February 13th, 2009, 07:03 PM
shy!Shaymin's voice took me by surprise in the beginning, as did Zero's, but I got used to them. The red-shirted professor guy with the Shieldon (I forget his name) sounded pretty much like I imagined him to.

And I agree; regular Shaymin is much better than sky!Shaymin.
The professor's name was Newton. xD
"He's a weirdo!" -Shaymin

Yeppers, luff Shaymins original form, go little hedgehogs with flowers! xD

Mario The World Champion
February 13th, 2009, 08:20 PM
This was actually the first Pokemon movie I've watched in a few years. Actually, this was the first Pokemon movie or episode I even bothered to watch at all since I retired from watching the Anime in 2006.

Overall, it was okay. I really wasn't into it. I kept on switching between this and Fox News Channel. I thought Shaymin's voice was too whiny and it a bit of an egomaniac for my tastes. As for Zero... let's just say that that name is overused in Anime these days. It seems like there's a Zero in every Anime these days, but that's just me.

I give this movie 5 out of 10.

Vernikova
February 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Someone's watching it streamed in Australia though. Meh, whatever. Michelle Knotz plays Shaymin it seems.

My mistake. It seems to be Amy Palant who voices Tails.

Zennerick
February 13th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I just finished watching the movie and I thought it was great.
However, I have a question though; due to the fact that there are a
bunch of Shaymin, does that mean that Shaymin is not a legendary Pokemon?
Because a legendary Pokemon has to be the only one of it's kind, right?
For example, there is only one Dialga.

"Shadow Lugia"
February 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I just finished watching the movie and I thought it was great.
However, I have a question though; due to the fact that there are a
bunch of Shaymin, does that mean that Shaymin is not a legendary Pokemon?
Because a legendary Pokemon has to be the only one of it's kind, right?
For example, there is only one Dialga.
We've also seen multiple Mew and Lugia, though.

Charaxes
February 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Hey! Don't make me regal you about my opinion of Slash, the Evil Turtle from Dimension X! Heh.

Seriously, though, to those asking about spoiler tag, use your own judgment. It's all good to me.

Jorah
February 14th, 2009, 05:38 AM
I haven't watched it yet and I can't watch it now (well, I could) but I want to make a start on my sociology essay on feminism, otherwise I'll just leave it until the end of half term. Ha, I'm being smart this time.

Anyway, what's the ending theme? I presume it's not ONE and also that Cartoon network sped through the credits, but what's the song called?

The Ebon Blade
February 14th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I'll be watching it later today on my DVR. For all those who are interested, I will post the differences I saw from subbed to dub- aired.

Vernikova
February 14th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Anyway, what's the ending theme? I presume it's not ONE and also that Cartoon network sped through the credits, but what's the song called?

"This Is A Beautiful World" by Unknown-because-of-the-damn-credits-being-to-small.

The line of the movie was "Look at you, in your pathetic, filthy world!" said by Zero.

Myzou
February 14th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I caught bits and pieces of it, as it aired while a new Degrassi was XD

But yea... It bugged me, a LOT.

Shaymin... they ruined the image of her for me. They made her be self centered and impatient, not at all what the pokedex entries make her seem to be ._. And I still can't figure out how she could talk while in regular form, but when she went into Sky Forme, all she could say is "Shaymin!"

Vernikova
February 14th, 2009, 07:25 AM
And I still can't figure out how she could talk while in regular form, but when she went into Sky Forme, all she could say is "Shaymin!"

It talked through telekenisis like Lugia and Mewtwo did. Skymin could also talk but said its name when it attacked.

Saltare.
February 14th, 2009, 07:28 AM
IMO, I thought the movie was awsome. I LOVED Shaymin's voice! Regigigas was cool too. But I really liked Shaymin in this one

Artemis
February 14th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I'm waiting for a "BETTER" upload for the movie to be placed on youtube...because the english one they have now was taped right in front of a TV...bleh :P so my review of this movie and such will come later...

Jorah
February 14th, 2009, 07:45 AM
"This Is A Beautiful World" by Unknown-because-of-the-damn-credits-being-to-small.

The line of the movie was "Look at you, in your pathetic, filthy world!" said by Zero.

Oh, thanks ^^ The title seems like it fits, sort of

I'm waiting for a "BETTER" upload for the movie to be placed on youtube...because the english one they have now was taped right in front of a TV...bleh :P so my review of this movie and such will come later...

Oh, you changed your name! Yeah, there's only a recorded one on YouTube but I can only find the Japanese one on torrents hmm I wonder if anyone's going to be able to find the English one soon? I might just watch the low quality one since I've already seen it in Japanese

The Ebon Blade
February 14th, 2009, 09:49 AM
They did an EXCELLENT job on the dub! Honestly, the sub's and dub's dialogue was almost identical. Of course there were a few differences in dialogue...

1.) In the sub, they used the words "kill" and "die", where, in the dub they used words like "will be no more" and "destroyed". This is expected and pretty basic.

2.) They did decide to leave out the sexual innuendo. "Your round, soft chest is much more comfortable then Ash's lumpy annoying head, Dawn." became "Your wonderful, Dawn. Unlike Ash..."

That was pretty much it for dialogue. Other differences:

1.) Shaymin's voice DID NOT change in the Japanese version when he transformed into sky form. At least I didn't notice it.

2.) I thought the music, although much of it was similar and the same, was better in the American version.

3.) Brock was a litle more worried about Ash and Dawn's saftey in the Japanese version. In the American version he was more depressed that he was alone when they got sent to the reverse world and went to rescue Giratina.

4.) Shaymin was a little meaner in the Japanese version.

That's also pretty much it. Here are some comparisons.

1.) I, presonally, thought that Zero's voice was a lot cooler and better done in the American version.

2.) Oddly, I don't remember Shaymin saying "thank you", in the Japanese version, except for at the end. In the American verion, Shaymin said it a few times through out the movie.

3.) I was a little disappointed that there was no remix of the current opening theme. Although, there really wasn't a place for it. This is one thing I didn't like about three of the four advanced movies.

4.) I really think they should have kept the name "Giratina and the Sky Boquet" instead of "Giratina and the Sky Warrior". Although both make sense, Sky Boquet fits Shaymin a bit better.

No scenes were cut from the Japanese version which made me very happy. Overall, it was a very good movie and now I can't wait for Conquering of Space and Time! Only about a year until the sub (hopefully) comes out and probably two years until the movie.

Shaymin... they ruined the image of her for me. They made her be self centered and impatient, not at all what the pokedex entries make her seem to be ._. And I still can't figure out how she could talk while in regular form, but when she went into Sky Forme, all she could say is "Shaymin!"

She could talk telepathically in both. That's just the way they made Shaymin. Not every Pokemon can be loving and caring... not every Pokemon can be completely selfless. I think it added a good character development aspect to the movie. This time, it was a Pokemon that needed character development.

I give it 4/5 stars.

DoubleWide
February 14th, 2009, 10:17 AM
This is one of the better movies in my opinion, especially with the appearance of a Smeargle and Togikiss. One complaint though was after a series of commercials, there was a five minute segment of film before another set of commercials. It definitely beats reality television by a mile.

Trap-Eds
February 14th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Dang, Shaymin sure is spolied.

Zero changed from an intrigiung villian into a take-over-a-pratically-empty-world-weirdo. :/

Brock: Hey, wait!! ...I'm starting to notice a pattern...
You mean that you're almost never in the action? xD

Okay, what up with Regigigas? And I thought it was pronounced RegiGEEgas.

Glaciers? Wow, ya learn something new everyday.

Oh my god, Giratina looks HORRIBLE in 3-D. The Magnemite and Magenton looked better.

This was a pretty epic movie-looking forward to the next one!!

King!
February 14th, 2009, 12:11 PM
In my opinion, this was an in-the-middle movie.
Though, I hated the Darkrai movie....
I thought the Shaymion was cute, until it chjanged to sky form.
The movie ruined sky form for me. And I agree about Zero, he got to be a worse charaxcter as the movie went on.... Piplup is soooo cute!

OokamiShipper
February 14th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Glaciers? Wow, ya learn something new everyday.

Lol, who said Pokemon can't be educational? I learned what DNA stood for by reading the PokeSpe. xD Oh-kay pretty off topic.

OMG, did Shaymin really say "soft chest"? Omaigoodness

Lawls, despite being the "Gratitide Pokemon", Ash is right, Shaymin's not very grateful.

sasuneuchiha
February 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I didn't think it was half bad...but the japanease verion was a LOT better in my opinion. why? cayse I had trouble understanding some of it in the american version (I blame my brother and poor youtube quailty...)

Akatsuki
February 14th, 2009, 01:48 PM
It was alright. There wasn't enough fighting scenes compared to the last movies. The main thing I liked though was how it had a connection to The Rise of Darkrai. There really weren't any sad parts either. They also should've included Regigigas more in the plot =/ Props to how awesome the Reverse World was though ^^. I also don't think that Dialga should have been captured. Wasn't Palkia the one who brought the conflict to the human dimension? The whole hacking the system part was anti-climactic too in my opinion. Oh well. I hope the next movie is better though. This movie was alright =/.

Artemis
February 14th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Still waiting for a good uploaded view for this movie on youtube...in time it will come, and in time my thoughts shall be said...

Sushi.
February 14th, 2009, 06:49 PM
It did not have enough epic battles really from the last movie, because it pretty much focused more on Dawn and Shaymin. Pretty much like in the 9th movie, manly focused on May and Manaphy. >.<
Giratina was kinda neat because how huge it was. O_o I can already smell in the future that there will be some Zero fans from only that movie. >.<
Shaymin's Sky Form voice didn't really wow me, I kinda perfer Shaymin's normal voice of cuteness.
I would give it a 8 out of 10.
Only because I'm a big fan of Dawn, and since they manly focused on Dawn.

Vernikova
February 14th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I really like Mothra's roar coming from Giratina. I think that it added some really cool effect. [/random]

The Hero Without a Name
February 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Shaymin sounded terrible, IMO. Both Land and Sky Forme (why the hell did they give her a new voice for Sky forme?)

~RNC~
February 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I watched this movie last night twice nd loved every minute of both episodes and plan onwatching it again tomorrow when it comes on again.

"Shadow Lugia"
February 14th, 2009, 07:44 PM
It did not have enough epic battles really from the last movie, because it pretty much focused more on Dawn and Shaymin. Pretty much like in the 9th movie, manly focused on May and Manaphy. >.<
Giratina was kinda neat because how huge it was. O_o I can already smell in the future that there will be some Zero fans from only that movie. >.<
Shaymin's Sky Form voice didn't really wow me, I kinda perfer Shaymin's normal voice of cuteness.
I would give it a 8 out of 10.
Only because I'm a big fan of Dawn, and since they manly focused on Dawn.
It seemed to me to be more focused on Ash than Dawn. At first it seemed like it would be Dawn, whereas Ash and Shaymin didn't like each other much. By the end of it though, they had bonded.

Vernikova
February 14th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I watched this movie last night twice nd loved every minute of both episodes and plan onwatching it again tomorrow when it comes on again.

If you wanted to know, they're airing it again on Wednesday as well.

Romeo_Delight.exe
February 14th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Eh, this movie was soso. It featured my two favorite legendaries, Shaymin and Giratina. I kinda didn't like the way that Shaymin could speak to everyone. That was sooooo annoying. I also don't like how Ash and company act like they know what everything is already, for Example-
Brock-[sees Regigigas] Whoah! is that a Regigigas!?
See, it's like they god-mod everyone.
Realistically speaking, He would've atleast said, "What the hell is that?" or something of that nature.
=/
I hated the way Zero looked, it looked like he was a friggin Yu-Gi-Oh! character for heavens sake.His ship was like, indestructible,(HAX! HAX! HAX! YOU'S TROLLIN!)which was kinda dumb. And Shaymin's attitude totally lowered it's cuteness factor.=[
And Shaymin's Sky Form was just dumb, I never liked that form to begin with, but after seeing this movie, I liked it even less. Also, I believe Giratina's Orgin Form was whored out TOOOOO much in this movie.

BUT! It DID have it's good points.

I loved the design of the reverse world, though they DID make it look quite small.
Lucas was in it! Oh how I pine to have that guy's hat.:P
Piplup, wasn't really AS annoying as he is in the series.
Shaymin was smaller than I expected!Awwww!(Warm Fuzzies!)
Shaymin's walk is also Oh So Adorableee~!
Dialga was getting completely owned by Giratina.=D
AND, Team Rocket didn't get as much Pointless filler face time as they usually do.w00t!
And Finally, Regigigas WASN'T a bad guy, I mean look at him he's big and klunky, perfect villain! but NO! :). He even had nicely toned knees! :laugh:

So, all together, I'd give this movie a 3.5/5

It's definately worth watching more than Destiny Deoxys if your into the whole, "peaceful/moral ending" genre.
lol
But for action....Go back and watch Poke'mon: The First Movie. lol

~OU812

The Ebon Blade
February 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
That was sooooo annoying. I also don't like how Ash and company act like they know what everything is already, for Example-
Brock-[sees Regigigas] Whoah! is that a Regigigas!?
See, it's like they god-mod everyone.
Realistically speaking, He would've atleast said, "What the hell is that?" or something of that nature.

Regigigas is probably got a lot of folk lore and is well known in the world of pokemon so I dont think its totally crazy for them to know wat it is. especially Brock who has researched pokemon and stuff.

I hated the way Zero looked, it looked like he was a friggin Yu-Gi-Oh! character for heavens sake.

What? Ash has summoned the red-eyes black Giratina? Oh no! I cannot let him win! Zero- OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucas was in it! Oh how I pine to have that guy's hat.:P

Amen! My actual name is Lucas and I ALWAYS wanted that hat since the moment I saw it!

But for action....Go back and watch Poke'mon: The First Movie. lol

Truer words have never been spoken.

~RNC~
February 14th, 2009, 08:35 PM
If you wanted to know, they're airing it again on Wednesday as well.

I knowed that, and will be watching that as well, olong with the marathon that will be on all day tomorrow!!

SamuraiMaster
February 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
SM's Review:

Okay so last night I went to hang with my friend. Nothing better to do. He is busy making a mix CD for a friend, so I figure why not, watch TV. Go to cartoon network, and watch the premier.

Sit on couch, and watch...expecting a rather good film, as I have sen some pretty good films in the recent Pokemon series. I guess this would exclude the Rise of Darkrai, I didn't get as much satisfaction out of that. But I would think this as a little bump in the road...a Metallica "Load" if you take my meaning for it.

Intro sequence...same old same old I guess...pretty cool...yeah...

Okay so we have our plot again, that has to deal with a legedary. I guess that's cool.
We only see a legendary pokemon appearence every other movie...We have
a Giratina thing, which I gotta admit, reminds me of the Godzilla monster, King Ghidrah. I have no reason or idea why. We have Dalkia from last movie...okay...weird things now.

The first scene concerning Ash made me laugh at how very stupid it was. I was literally thinking "Man, they SERIOUSLY need to come up with better stuff if they want a strong fan base." Wash before you eat? Wow...

Okay a pokemon Shiam or whatever appears. Gratitude pokemon...my friend said that they were seriously running out of ideas for pokemon...Gratitude pokemon treats Ash like a jerk...okay I laughed at that. Gratitude pokemon is telepathic. Can't have a pokemon movie without at least ONE of the pokemon involved being a telepath can we? (It's getting a little old...especially from that basic a pokemon)

Reverse World appears in the story...why does this remind of of Rise of Darkrai? This is also referenced now! Giratina mad at the two legendarys from last movie for their fighting...more legendary pokemon duels...like we haven't seen this before?
-Mewtwo VS Mew
-Moltres VS Articuno VS Zapdos VS Lugia
-Kyogre VS Groundon
Do I gotta go on?

Team Rocket...wow...I gotta agree with one big quote they had in one Pokemon movie..."Do you think we'll get a bigger part in the next movie?" I bet the voice actors for those characters were bored right out of their minds.

Movie villian arrives! .......... and he looks exactly like Bakurah from Yu-Gi-Oh...wow...I can actually laugh at that since yugioh has ripped off from pokemon numerous times in a way (Capsule Monsters). Big machine, doodily doo...

Lets skip ahead...

Professor goes inside death-star machinery he designed to stop Bakurah from sacrificing Giratina. Of course it takes a lot of hacking and of course as always, it stops at 99%. Good job, Giratina almost dies, and is revieded...how predictable.

Another regi apears and trys to stop glacier. Doodily doo...
Ash being the heroic-overconfident-guy he is, takes a glider to the Reverse world to fight the enviromental-paranoid hippie. Defirends yet another legendary pokemon...nothing new...

"Hey Brock, look at me! I'm riding ANOTHER legendary, sucker!"
"You little f***..."

Giratina flys to the sky and professer dude says Giratina has unfinished buisness with Dalkia...

Uh-oh...sequel...

Shaman or what's its face also flies to the sky with it's friends and causes Ash to cry a river. I don't think it was that emotional...or was it? I don't know, Ash did say earlier in the film it was a relief to get rid of sahmain.

And movie ends...

I am sitting on that couch in disappointment. I am thinking to myself "This is why I like older pokemon stuff." The movie wasn't really all that well done if you ask me. It had it's moments I will agree. I was satisfied with Turtwig kicking some major butt...Ash needed to use him more...

I also was satisfied with the train carnage and destruction. Wonder how much that cost?

But other than that, the movie needed some seriou work, and the makers need some new plot ideas.

EVERY MOVIE I have seen based on pokemon has the same general plot outline!
-Problem involving one or more egendary pokemon.
-Ash so happens to be walking down the path invilving this problem. Of course he helps out.
-Big machinery of some sort...
-Ash and friends get captured, break out and agree to stop villian or whatever.
-Ash or something important ends up dying.
-Dead character gets revieved by miraculous actions.
-Ash befriends another legendary pokemon and gets more friends on myspace.
-Ash gets a ride on a legendary pokemon or something within that range...

Same plot after about 10 movies gets a little old don't you think?

So for this reason, and for big dis-satisfacion, I have to rate this movie, a nasty 4.5/10.

Better luck next time Nintendo.

(I'm gonna get a lot of nasty replies aren't I?)

Lie Ren
February 14th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Kay, so I actually watched it this morning.

-Zero's voice was pretty cool. Name is over-used, however. :/

-Shaymin's attitude amused me, and it's now one of my favorite Pokemon.

-I'm finally getting used to the PUSA voice cast.

-Ash cries too easily.

-This movie screamed 'Pokemon 2000'.

With those things in mind, I really liked this movie. So much that I wanna see it again, which is something I didn't wanna do with the first DP movie. :/ I thought it was a lot better than that one, or the Manapy movie, at that. Even though Jackie was awesome.. he was the only upside to the 9th movie. However, I have to say, this was the first one I really liked since the Lucario film.

I'm just beginning to wonder how many more Legendaries there's gonna be.. xD;

agentk_b
February 15th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I liked it..

shaymin was cute but a brat, loved the.. He's gonna eat me!!!!!!

poor Brock always gets left out in the movies...

CHG-Swampert
February 15th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Yeah. Shaymin is still a legendary. The movie was awesome. Shaymin is a REAL B**** though xD. You can't really say it's not

Skaterzpenguin
February 15th, 2009, 10:47 AM
How did you guys watch it already? It doesn't come on until tonight unless it depends on the location where you live...

The Ebon Blade
February 15th, 2009, 10:55 AM
How did you guys watch it already? It doesn't come on until tonight unless it depends on the location where you live...

The priemere was Friday night.

OokamiShipper
February 15th, 2009, 11:25 AM
"It's over there!" -Shaymin
xD
For me, it was Friday; the movie was premiered...I think it was mostly on the west coast.
There's another showing today, Sunday.

Artemis
February 15th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Alright for all of you to know, the HQ movie finally hit youtube...FINALLY!!! and I really enjoyed it too...it wasn't THE BEST, but it was great to watch and I enjoyed it. Zero kinda reminded me of Hunter J in a way...like if the two of them were siblings you know?
and I felt srry for Brock, he should be more active from now on...u know he's been around so long and still haven't gotten a movie centered around him, but Dawn got one instead!!
Anyway, it was funny, dramatic, and sweet...I liked this movie a lot!!! can'tg wait for movie 12 to hit the USA hopefully in 2010...

EDIT: oh yeah I'm glad Ash and dawn remembered facts from movie 10 also with the fight between palkia and dialga!!!

Lana.
February 15th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I enjoyed it, actually. I got bored with a few parts, some of the lines actually made me grin.
Brock's lines about being left out made me chuckle. Poor dude was completely out of the loop xD

I adored Shaymin. And am I the only one who thought of it as a guy? Huh. Maybe it's just me. I actually liked Rise of Darkrai, and was hoping for something like that. I was pleasantly surprised when there was a direct link to it.

The Reverse World was interesting. Zero bored me, though his voice was cool.

I actually laughed out loud at some of Shaymin's lines. I got annoyed when Ash cried, though. He needs to learn to man up, because he is the most emotional boy I know. I thought Dawn was her typical self, nothing else to report on her seeing as I actually like Dawn as a character.

Though there were some points where I was tempted to flip channels, I watched most of it after missing about ten or fifteen minutes of the beginning.

Overall, I give this movie a 3.5/5. Not spectacular, but not terrible, either. I commend the dub for staying true to the original, as well. I may watch it again tonight, maybe catch the part I missed.

Giratina ♀
February 15th, 2009, 06:24 PM
And now, my ELoT.

Nicely done, Shaymin.
*light show*
The furball talks!
"You are doomed, young Jedi. <3"
Hey, the Joy has glasses this time.
Woo-hoo, Shaymin! You go, hedgehog porcupine blob thing!
James looks awesome right here,
ZOMG GIRATINA
Wormhole! :D
"It's going to eat me! ; -;"
Do the spaceman.
"Can I dye the cat?"
Hey, it's Red Shirt Scientist Shieldon Guy!
"He's a weirdo." Once again, Shaymin delivers a great line.
Piplup's O >O expression is hilarious.
Hey, the Darkrai movie!
DOGPILE!!!
Shieldon is funny-looking.
OMG ZERO :D
Nice suit.
Hey, look! My favorite evo line (besides Murkrow and Houndour)!
"He must want to eat me too! ; -;"
Zero's hair (and VA) is awesome.
I hate the way these people draw the Magnemite line... > .>
"STINKY STINKY STINKY! HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY!"
Shaymin does not fail to deliver the lawlz.
Do the spaceman AGAINNNNNN!
Cue transformation sequence.
Dramatic entrance, much?
"It's just you, Brock. ^^"
Nice ship.
O >O = win.
Way to voice your opinion, Ash...
Nice hover-thing.
"da-na-na-na-na-na, NAH-NAH-NAH."
Yes! Bullseye!
"So, where's all that energy you had in Sky Form?" "I left it on the sky."
SHAYMIN used POISON BARF ATTACK!
"throughout the history of the passage of time, few had the honor of claiming themselves POKEYMAN TRANURS..."
COMMENCE THE AWESOME ONE-LINERS!
"It's going to EAT MEEEE! ; -;"
Wormhole~
ZOMG GIRATINA AGAIN
Red-Shirt Scientist Guy, you know exactly what Zero's up to. ._.
There's a kitten on my lap.
Flashback, LOL.
Wow, Zero really does like to laugh maniacally, doesn't he?
"I'm starting to sense a pattern..."
"Hey, Bob..."
"He can... he will!"
...and the robots fall like flies.
*awesome one-liner*
Robohands, arecanhas?
"...and it wipes out your entire hard-drive beautiful plans!"
FLOATING FORTRESS OF DOOM DOWN! AHHH!
Epic score, yayz.
Show your Pokeotism!
There's anothe rkitten on my lap.
OMG IS IT DED?...
...nope.
Way to ruin the moment, Zero.
Hey, it's Regigigigigigigigigigigas(u)!
[warning: major awesome Zero one-liners may follow.]
"I said, STAYOUTTAMYWAY!"
"Look at you all, in your pathetic, filthy world... DISAPPEAR, ALL OF YOU!"
"[maniacal laughter] Heheheh... per-fect!" (Zero must be Mesprit in disguise, or something...)
"You just don't understand. I'mprotectingthisplace!"
"All your powar are belong to me."
Well, at least we know what Regigigigigigigigigigigigas(u)'s favorite Pokemon is...
REGIGIGIGIGIGAS used GLACIERDESTRUCTOAURAPALMBLAST! (It's super-effective!)
Instantly launch your blade in a flurry of light and sound!
Who hired Doc Ock?
"Don't you understand? IAMPROTECTINGIT!"
INFI: All systems down. All systems down... ZERO: Quit rubbing it in, dangit!
Hey, look. Ash is riding on a Legendary. Again.
The semi-annual Running Of The Shaymin.
ASh x Dawn shippers rejoice.
THEY MUTED THE ENDING AGAIN!?!

Haza
February 15th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Finally watched it all today.

Shaymin sounds like a little girl by Skymin sounds like a young boy?!
Giratina tugging on Dialga and pretty much bullying it! lol
Palkia only in flash of the previous movie?
Regigigas was pure greatness, now I love it. When it woke up and its dots lit up!
That guy did not have a valid reason for wanting to live in the Torn World.
Mamoswine!
Same ol forest pokemon that seem to be all Johto Pokemon each time since the 2nd movie
Magnezone sounded awesome and was funny when it tried to get in the train window.

Dooney
February 16th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Just finished watching this film.

I thought it was brilliant http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon10.gif Definitely one of the best Pokemon movies.

Loved Shaymin, Giratina and Regigigas. And the little teensy snippet of Froslasshttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

I'd say 8/10.

Mitchman
February 17th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Great movie! Best line no matter what was
100s no maybe 1000s of different species. LOL i forgot how funny magmortars voice is. So then its pronounced magmorter? LOL gotta love the dubbing.

98monkey1
February 17th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Sigh...When I heard Shaymin's Sky Forme's voice, I nearly peed my pants...The voice was so funny...Oh, but I stopped watching it halfway through the movie. I miss the old Pokemon so much, I really do. This movie seriously lacked drama, action, suspense, and the storyline, I must admit, was pretty good but far from the best I've seen. Sometimes I just wish all the new charactars were gone and it was just Misty, Brock, and Ash again.

Snipe Fire
February 17th, 2009, 12:41 PM
It was too short. And why was it so easy to beat Zero? He's been planning to kill giratina for so long, the only reason he failed was because shaymin somehow revived Giratina into a killing machine.

Destiny Hope
February 18th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Okay, just so you know, I'm obsessed with the Reverse World and Zero, so I'm kind of biased towards that side of the story. I mean, seriously, I know Newton was just trying to do what was right when he erased the plans for the Giratina-capture-device-thingy, but still... For Zero, that's like doing your homework all night and then having to start over.

Anyway, Pokemon movies just keep on getting better and better, don't they (well, except for Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. That was really bad...)? I suppose it wasn't too good if you're looking for a lot of epic battle sequences or emotional moments, but other than that, it completely surpassed my expectations.

Zero's voice was awesome, though it took me by surprise at first. He had some awesome lines, too: "My lovely Reverse World... I won't let them tarnish its beauty again. The Reverse World's true power...will forever shine through!" I admit he went pretty crazy near the end, and if I were Ash, I would've been really scared, but the battle sequence was interesting to watch, and all the lines people had during it were some of the best in the movie. Zero's speeder must be pretty strong to get hit that many times and not get dented or explode or anything.

Ash: "C'mon, you guys! We've gotta knock Zero out of here!"
Zero: "Oh, really? I don't think so! Your turn to be knocked!"

That just seemed like it was too light to fit in with the rest of the scene.

I loved Shaymin's major attitude; it just made her all the cuter. It's so cool that her Seed Flare is ultra-powerful and can open dimensional portals and all that good stuff. Her Sky Forme was sweet, too. For some reason, I couldn't stop laughing when she dodged those two Magnemite on the train and they smacked into each other and knocked each other out. The defense on Magnemite is so low... And Magnezone couldn't even get through the window--LOL

Well, I've said I'm biased, so I can't help hating Newton and some of his lines. My younger brother had to pin me to the floor when Newton said that the Reverse World's only purpose was to take on pollution from the Real World. Newton's not the only one who totally doesn't understand its power, either. My best friend at school said that the Reverse World is the Real World's garbage can, and my brother said it looks like Toon Town, whatever that is. I don't know about you guys, but I though the whole concept of the Reverse World was awesome, and I agree with Zero on the point of it being a beautiful place that doesn't deserve to be polluted like it is. As I was watching the movie, I started to see that its beauty is hidden, because it's a very abstract beauty that you have to look deeper to see.

I know the Reverse World's connection to the Real World is essential and everything, but...why does it have to be polluted to be connected?

It's a good thing I saw the Japanese credits of the movie, because otherwise, I would've been going nuts wondering what happened to Zero after Piplup, Swinub, and Mamoswine covered his speeder in ice at the end. I hated Mamoswine already for knocking me out on the 20th floor of Blizzard Island--it's a long story involving a Mamoswine using Earthquake while my character was underground getting ready to unleash Dig--but after I saw that sequence, I really started to loathe them, and I mean loathe them.

Did Regigigas sound constipated to you when he was pushing on the glacier?

And what was up with Dawn at the end, directing the attack to kill Zero? I mean, she doesn't strike me as a murderer...

All in all, I thought it was really good, but I'm not too happy with Cartoon Network for speeding through the credits like that. I can't wait 'til it comes out on DVD so I can find out what the ending song is. This has probably been said before, but since I tend to miss things: does anyone know what the ending song is?

~4.9/5 all the same though, for being the best Pokemon movie with the best Pokemon movie score yet!

BTW, The Unchosen One--ROFL on your ELoT.

randomspot555
February 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM
It was mediocre.

It wasn't as horribly bad as Darkrai's movie (GO AWAY *uses Dark Void*). Shaymin in both it's forms was mildly entertaining.

Zero was typical anime villain and annoyed me to no end.

The trio acted well together, and I'm glad Staravia got some additional time besides the required "Everyone come out movie" scene of the movie.

Magnezone had the best voice ever and was the only actual good part of the movie.

As to the other posts talking about how repetitive this is based on anime and Pokemon movies:

YOU GUYS MUST BE GENUIUSES!

Pokemon, as a franchise, is repetitive. This doesn't mean it has to be bad.

Jezebel
February 18th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I saw it Friday and re-watched it again today.
It was alright I definitely liked Pokemon:The First Movie and Lucario much better!
*blush* I actually happened to like Zero. (Even if his name IS over-used!)
Probably because he looks oddly like Bakura and wants to clean the world or whatever he wanted to do.
I give it 6.5/10.

Poor, poor Brock-o. Not getting enough screen time....

SamuraiMaster
February 19th, 2009, 02:11 PM
As to the other posts talking about how repetitive this is based on anime and Pokemon movies:

YOU GUYS MUST BE GENUIUSES!

THank you lol
I gotta agree when you say it was better than Darkrai

Pokid
February 19th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Movies looks interesting, Its out in english right?

Tamao
February 20th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I really loved it, if not for the plot, then definitely the setting because they based it off of Norway <3 I visited all the places they depicted so it was really neat to see them in a Pokemon movie! (one was a city, then there was the large fjord, and the glacier, along with a few other things :3)
I really liked how Shaymin was kinda bratty and had an attitude xD haha. Most of the 'cute' legendaries from what I've seen haven't really had personalities that stand out. I agree that sky form was really meh though ;;;
Looove Giratina <3 That scene with Pikachu towards the end was adorable.
The opening scenes were really nice too, being able to see all those different pokemon along with cameos of the previous movie pokemon :D

I think the only thing that bugged me A LOT was Zero's outfit. Ugh haha.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this movie, and can't wait for the 12th one, it looks like it'll be spectacular! I really wish they'd release it in theaters...

Haza
February 20th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Shaymin was the cutest baby legend of them all. I loved how it kept making everyone feel dumb!

Vernikova
February 21st, 2009, 08:04 AM
Movies looks interesting, Its out in english right?

Yes, the movie has already aired in English.

riomaru
March 12th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Well i want everybody opinion about the movie. I think this one was the best I seen since the first movie.

Baby Cynda
March 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I don't think it's the best movie and I think Rise of Darkrai was better but it was quite good

Unown_
March 12th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Seeing that there is already a thread running about the movie with is less than a month old. I've merged it together.

Charaxes
March 13th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Dogasu did the movie comparison if anyone is interested.

Link: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/movies_specials/mov_dp02.html

Jorah
March 13th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Well, there wasn't much to compare, it's just Dogasu complaining that English people are pronouncing foriegn words in a *gasp* English accent. Of course people will. Look at other words like "karaoke", if we were to pronounce it the Japanese way it would take about 5 minutes trying XD I agree about Nintendo naming Sheimi "ShaymiN" weird, I dunno why they added in "n".

Zech
March 13th, 2009, 01:40 PM
it was cool, now I got two legends what I like: Articuno and Shaymin :)

Movie was one of the best pokemon movies IMO, even though its the latest one.

Pokid
March 29th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Guys, If u yet to see this movie, Its viewable here

Link removed

No popups or adware zango crap

Thats english dubbed too

Unown_
March 30th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Posting full episodes/movies is against the policy, so I've removed the link

Tim92
January 11th, 2010, 08:24 AM
There are two worst bits i want to share about