PDA

View Full Version : 13 Year Old Father

bubblewrap
February 13th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Here's the article.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece

What do you think?

I hope somebody helps those two take care of the baby...

Soul Eater
February 13th, 2009, 07:51 PM
My friend was telling me about that. She was saying how freaked out she was over it.

To me, it seems like your average young teenager. I mean I've heard about 13 year olds getting knocked up just because it seems "cool". A lot of them either get STDs or get pregnant.

Some consider even getting abortion and others have the baby, but will put it up for adoption because they are too young to care for it. Others have parents who are supportive and will take care of them baby while they are in school.

My mom said that if I ever got pregnant during school, she would help me take care of the baby.

It all depends on their parents and our society. Teenagers are doing it because they see people on television doing it. To young people, television is everything and if they can't do what other people do on TV they'll freak.

Penguin13
February 13th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I don't know why this is such a big deal. There's maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany young teen fathers out there.. why is this one so important?

Spinor
February 13th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I don't know why this is such a big deal. There's maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany young teen fathers out there.. why is this one so important?

He doesn't know what "financial" means.

Google the MSN article.

It really gets sad to see that teenage pregnancy happens too much. He impregnated a girl 2 years older than him. That must have been one desperate smore.

HoneyBubbles
February 13th, 2009, 08:25 PM
That girlfriend of his looks twice his age. He definatly has a babyface.
I feel bad for the kid. You can tell he's scared. :C

edit: I just noticed that Chowder quote in Advanced's sig. How ironic.

February 13th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Ironic how he's 13, but looks waaaaaay younger, and she's 15, but she looks like a crack addict in her late teens.

Awkward.

bubblewrap
February 13th, 2009, 09:46 PM
The thing that freaked me out was when he didn't know what financially means.
Really awkward, that girl looks like she could be his big sister. o.O

Gah, if I ever got pregnant (Highly improbable) I'd probably be kicked out of the house.

@AdvancedK9: Yeah, she was probably very desperate. I know people like that, who go date people three years younger than them just so they can say they have a boyfriend/girlfriend. But, they never show pictures of their little boyfriend/girlfriend. xD

True Reign
February 13th, 2009, 09:51 PM
That fifteen year old looks like a despressed, crack addict in her early twenties while the kid looks like he is six.

Funny.

Asmo-deus
February 13th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I read that ealrier on. I was so shocked that it was his first time, then his first time having a baby. Frankly I'm still shocked by it.

s0nido
February 13th, 2009, 09:56 PM
He was 12 when it was his first time?? Oh, dear.

This shows that schools should have sex ed classes earlier, before puberty, and without the lame cartoons. Give it to them straight and simple.

Eon-Rider
February 13th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I saw something about this yesterday but I didn't think of it much. My opinion still hasn't changed. I'm not surprised about this either. Teenage pregnancies happen all the time. I'd probably be more surprised if it were the other way around; a 13 year old mother.

Zet
February 13th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I gotta say it serves them right for doing something incredibly stupid at a young age with no idea on how to look after a baby

kissing. raindrops
February 13th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Omg.. Poor kid. He looks so scared and I feel so bad for him =[..
Although.. :
Ironic how he's 13, but looks waaaaaay younger, and she's 15, but she looks like a crack addict in her late teens.

Awkward.
Too true.. She looks like his mom to me.

Aizuke
February 13th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I was like, "So.. Which one's the baby?"

*shot*

In all seriousness, I don't see how it's so bad. I mean, of course he might not be ready, since his age makes him seem immature and not responsible enough. But well, he and his girlfriend are going to try to be good parents. And he seems to care about his baby a lot, so he's more mature than it seems. Though at that age, it's not the best time to have a baby. But really, as long as they care for their baby, I think it's fine.

If not, there's always the option of putting the baby up for adoption. :o

kissing. raindrops
February 13th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I was like, "So.. Which one's the baby?"

*shot*

In all seriousness, I don't see how it's so bad. I mean, of course he might not be ready, since his age makes him seem immature and not responsible enough. But well, he and his girlfriend are going to try to be good parents. And he seems to care about his baby a lot, so he's more mature than it seems. Though at that age, it's not the best time to have a baby. But really, as long as they care for their baby, I think it's fine.

If not, there's always the option of putting the baby up for adoption. :o
Lol XD

But I guess I see your point. If their parents are okay with it, and they want to be devoted parents, then there's hope. But their relationship could end, and where would that leave the baby?
Maisie's a pretty name.
Alfie's got all his classmates to face, too...

Sublime
February 13th, 2009, 11:25 PM
That's just terrible..

The poor boy looks like the baby's older brother rather than his father. The mother looks like she's been doing some kind of drugs and is in her late teens. I hope that baby has a good life :/

To Write Love On Her Arms
February 13th, 2009, 11:48 PM
No wonder he looks so young, hes only 122cm and his voice hasn't even broken yet.

Oh and by the way, 122cm is short for a 13 year old :|

Dukey
February 13th, 2009, 11:54 PM
As the article said, that kid looks too be about 8.
At first I was like 'Which one's the baby?' XDD

I guess good luck too them, not much else you can do eh?

ErickaVolt
February 14th, 2009, 12:23 AM
How did that happen? That kid has not passed the puberty stage yet?

Aizuke
February 14th, 2009, 12:30 AM

I'm sure his girlfriend has her period. Sperm is always dormant in a male. So if a girl has her period when she's let's say.. At the age of 9, she can get pregnant.

Horizon
February 14th, 2009, 12:46 AM
It throws you off a bit sure, but as has been said there's nothing we can do. As long as they take care for the baby then there's nothing wrong with it whatsoever. I just feel sorry for both baby and father for the taunts they'll recieve on the high school playground.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
February 14th, 2009, 03:52 AM

Well, i can't say there really is a specific time frame for a "puberty stage". The father could have been able to ejaculate since he was 11, but then some people are still "firing blanks" until later on.

Aizuke:What do you mean by "sperm is always dormant in a male", exactly? Do you mean it's always being made, even before the boy is able to ejaculate? Or do you mean boys can ejaculate from the beginning?

I guess, overall, we just have to hope that they will be good to the child. Yes, they were probably too young, but 9 months has come and gone now. They went through with it.

Also, why is it always articles from the Sun we get? First the racoon penis thing, now this. O.o

wakachamo
February 14th, 2009, 06:38 AM
"WOTS FINANCE"

Good Lord. All three of those kids are screwed for life.

Spinor
February 14th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Epic win @ ^ XD

And to answer the puberty thing, most boys will have slight ability at about the age of 11 to ejaculate, but will not realize it until mid 11 or 12 in a wet dream... or when discovering masturbation, whichever comes first.

He IS 13, if not, then how the hell did the teen get pregnant?...

Nobody answer that rhetoric question please...

Stronkadonk
February 14th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Wow.
Just wow.
Seriously, he's only 12, and he's going around doing all of this?
There's something wrong here.
I feel bad for the baby only; being born like that.
I feel bad for all kids that are born to young parents that will most likely have a bad life.

ErickaVolt
February 14th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Also, why is it always articles from the Sun we get? First the racoon penis thing, now this. O.o

Because most people get interested on those kind of things. :\

Saltare.
February 14th, 2009, 07:31 AM
...Wow....that's....odd. Then again, not anything I've seen before.

But the kid is 13, I suggest they either find a family for an open adoption, or take care of it themselves

Avey
February 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM
If the British government doesn't force them to put the baby up for adoption or make the kids' parents to keep care of her, there's something seriously wrong here.

Alfie said he didn't know how much nappies cost. "I didn't think about how we would afford it. I don't really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10."

This is also ridiculous. 'I'm going to be an awesome dad even though I don't know the first thing about babies or income.'

Even sadder is the fact that this has hit the front pages of newspapers. Sure, he's thirteen, but we see this all the time. It's just that people don't really make a big deal out of it. Get over yourselves.

Evilyn
February 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
... Holy crap.

That kid looks like he hasn't even finished kindergarten and he gets laid? He doesn't even know what "financaly" means. That's just messed up. Those two had to be desperate.

Their child will probably be wondering why are other parents twice as old as his/her own parents when they'll come to pick him/her up from kindergarten.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
February 14th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Because most people get interested on those kind of things. :\

Ironically, i completely agree. If it came from The Sun after all..Page 3 anyone? *sarcasm* What a horrible stereotype.

I wonder what the doctors thought when they helped a 15 year old girl give birth. I wouldn't be able to describe it myself.

Gummy
February 14th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Is anyone thinking about what's best for the baby? Because when you really look at it, it's her life that will be royally screwed. Like how Evilyn said, the dad will be 17 when he picks his daughter up from Kindergarten. If I were the teacher, I'd be totally freaked out, and when she gets to higher grades the other kids most definitely will not let her live it down. If they really were mature parents, they'd put her up for adoption.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
February 14th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Is anyone thinking about what's best for the baby? Because when you really look at it, it's her life that will be royally screwed. Like how Evilyn said, the dad will be 17 when he picks his daughter up from Kindergarten. If I were the teacher, I'd be totally freaked out, and when she gets to higher grades the other kids most definitely will not let her live it down. If they really were mature parents, they'd put her up for adoption.

To be honest, it's a wonder that the father's even made a decision. A kid of his age would normally have been overwhelmed by that responsbility.A normal kid his age would be crying, regretting why he had done this, when he's still got so much to learn about the unfair world. But at least he's giving it a go, yeah? I just hope the kid actually sticks to his word.

Gold warehouse
February 14th, 2009, 08:27 AM
The boys parents will be looking after the baby while he is out having a fag, wearing a hoody and carrying a knife by 15.

icomeanon6
February 14th, 2009, 08:32 AM
This is exactly why we need to get the message out to kids that having sex before you're ready to take care of a baby is dangerous. I'm glad that they went through with it instead of taking the easy way out, but who know's how they're going to take care of it? I pray that the baby grows up to be fairly normal. I certainly can't imagine my parents being only fifteen or thirteen years older than me. I think it might be wisest to put the baby up for adoption. Maybe that way all three of them will be able to grow up well.

Jorah
February 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I feel sorry for all of them. The boy will be 17 when his child is in Reception...and he's still going to have to go to school everyday knowing they've got a baby at home. They'll probably both drop out at 16 though.

Well, you know what The Sun's like XD

I don't think it's the baby that will get picked on when at school, no-one's going to notice or really care who it's parents are. It's the parents that are going to be picked on...until they're 16, at least. Heh...you can leave school at 16 in the UK.

Azonic
February 14th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Whoohoo. Curious midget dad x girl who needs a hobby. Hopefully the dad stays loyal lol.

Evilyn
February 14th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Whoohoo. Curious midget dad x girl who needs a hobby. Hopefully the dad stays loyal lol.
Do you actually think this is funny?

wakachamo
February 14th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Do you actually think this is funny?

What are you talking about? It's hilarious.

Evilyn
February 14th, 2009, 08:59 AM
What are you talking about? It's hilarious.
What kind of sense of humor is that?

Azonic
February 14th, 2009, 09:02 AM
What kind of sense of humor is that?
A good one? The people were idiots to perform such an action. I laugh at idiots. Really, its quite funny. Lighten up a bit. x_o

icomeanon6
February 14th, 2009, 09:08 AM
A good one? The people were idiots to perform such an action. I laugh at idiots. Really, its quite funny. Lighten up a bit. x_o
Idiots messing up their own lives can be funny, but idiots permanently messing up a baby's life is anything but funny. I think that baby's only real chance to grow up well lies in adoption.

Dark Azelf
February 14th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I saw this on the news and i was like "Wtf, that dudes voice hasnt even broken yet". Its crazy tbh, i mean they're both just kids and in that video where the lady asks "What are you gonna do financially?" and he replies "What is financially?" ..lol seems he doesnt know what it is or even what he is going to do about it. I just hope both their familys are really supportive, jeez.

Chibi-chan
February 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Why is he having sex at 13.
Why is this girlfriend of his...suggesting sex?
Talk about a lack of innocence, these KIDS don't know what they're getting into.

Ruphire
February 14th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Wow... That... Is just... Wow... I don't get why kids do these things.
13.... *Shakes head.*

Superjub
February 14th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I rofl'ed at the the outfit the baby (not the 13 year old ;)) was wearing XD
At first, I thought the kid was the baby was the girlfriends younger brother or the father's younger brother :\
But a 15 year old having sexual intercourse with a 13 year old who could get away with probably being 6 or 7 :\ Its kinda O_o when you think about it :\
And I laughed when the kid didn't know what finance means XD
Hes kinda....whats the word.....screwed....

Anyway, I blame the government for not brainwashing the little kids for not having sex while they had the chance.... i vote the Birds and the Bees should start earlier.... And be more in depth! :(

Kazukii
February 14th, 2009, 11:13 AM
This whole event just seems so unorfidox for somebody who has been described to be "shy"
Personally, I believe it's wrong. He's far to young to be raising a baby, even with his parents help. Hmmm, interesting and controversial topic.

matt561
February 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM
The boys parents will be looking after the baby while he is out having a fag, wearing a hoody and carrying a knife by 15.
Thats it basicly the actual parents wont have anything to do with the baby untill they are 18 at least...i hope anyway

Dawson
February 14th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I love whenever a topic remotely related to sex is posted on PC. The majority of members here are so unbelievably self righteous and, yet, incredibly naive and sheltered from the real world. It's so amusing.

People asking why these two kids were having sex? Take a look at the modern world. Sex is everywhere. On TV, in movies, in songs, in books, in magazines, in freaking commercials. Some of it subliminal, most of it downright obvious.

And, especially to the people living in England, what do you have to do for fun in your area nowadays? The answer is - not a lot. There are an incredible lack of activities and opportunities for fun out in the world. Places are closing down because they can't afford to stay open. Places that are still open usually require you to spend money which most, non-spoiled, kids don't have. You can't go to the park because of the fear that you're gonna be either attacked by a paedophile or a gang of thugs.

And not everybody has the good fortune to have precious little mommy and daddy's that will buy them consoles and video games and computers and iPods and blah de blah blah.

So why are these kids having sex? Boredom, most likely. Kids are growing up so fast these days because they're not able to be young anymore.

The only thing they could be criticised for is not using protection or, for the few mature people here, not "pulling out." Having said that, they were clearly gonna have sex, no matter what. And they could've wanted to use protection, but who would sell condoms to a kid that looks like a 9 year old? So, yeah, I can even understand if they thought protection was not a possibility. Stupid. Borderline retarded, in fact. But still, a decision they made. And an action they're still standing by today.

That little boy has shown more balls by facing up to his actions and frigging TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING FOR HIS CHILD. Jesus Christ, you people. Right or wrong, that baby is their child. They want to do the best they possibly can to raise the child, like a parent should be. Social Services will be at the house all the frigging time. If they judge the child is being poorly looked after, they'll take action and take the child into a care home.

Some people are so blinded by naivity, they don't even deserve to have an opinion. Harsh? Yes. Blunt? Yes. True? Yes. But most of you wouldn't have even read this far into the post anyway.

True Reign
February 14th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I watched a news report on YouTube about this. His voice hasn't even broken yet and he looks only a two or three inches taller than my five year old sister. I'm thirteen, my voice has broken in, and I'm atleast 5'5. I could also understand them having sense because like Dawson said it's everyone in the media, but atleast put on a damn condom. The one time you don't would probably be starting point of hell; espeically at that age.

PokemonMichael
February 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM
he's about a year older than me. i wouldnt be thinking about that yet man. I saw this, and im like, i am not going to have sex until i am at least 18, no matter what.

Virtual Chatot
February 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I lol'd so hard my Mom thought I was crying in pain XD

Swift!
February 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I feel really bad for the kid, Alfie, cause he just looks so innocent.
I wouldn't be surprised if the chick, who looks like a crack-whore, forced him into it.

I really think they should put the baby up for a adoption, just so it could have some "normal" parents.

Virtual Chatot
February 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I feel really bad for the kid, Alfie, cause he just looks so innocent.
I wouldn't be surprised if the chick, who looks like a crack-whore, forced him into it.

I really think they should put the baby up for a adoption, just so it could have some "normal" parents.

That would be the best option, they are to young to know what the hell to do with a baby anyways.

.inLOVE
February 14th, 2009, 04:06 PM
It's a real shame. Teenage pregnancy leads to early death sometimes. :O

Eucliffe
February 14th, 2009, 04:15 PM

Oh lord. That is just wrong. First off, a 15-year-old and 13-year-old...? Even though they are only two years apart, they still shouldn't be having that kind of intense relationship at their age in the first place (plus, the 13-year-old looks more like a 10-year-old to me).

And quite honestly (thinking of Juno here), they should've interviewed a family to give the baby to. I mean, it'd be probably really, really difficult to put up with school (not to mention homework), any afterschool activities and a child ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I mean, adults sometimes give up work just to take care of newborns. And unless the boy (or girl, for that matter) are homeschooled in any way, then they're gonna be living in their own personal hell 'til who knows when.

And what I find the worst part to be is, you never know if the two will break up. Then the baby would someday ask one of the parents where their other parent is (when they're older and can speak, of course), and I don't think either would want to give an explanation...

'Tis all my own opinion.

.inLOVE
February 14th, 2009, 04:17 PM
And quite honestly (thinking of Juno here), they should've interviewed a family to give the baby to. I mean, it'd be probably really, really difficult to put up with school (not to mention homework), any afterschool activities and a child ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I mean, adults sometimes give up work just to take care of newborns. And unless the boy (or girl, for that matter) are homeschooled in any way, then they're gonna be living in their own personal hell 'til who knows when.

Exactly. They should not be keeping that child. How are they going to grow up with a child at that young?

Corvus of the Black Night
February 14th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Hmmm. I read about this on another forum.

All I have to say is that that boy and the kid have absolutely no future, thanks to that whore.

Zet
February 14th, 2009, 04:35 PM
well if they put the baby up for adoption then they just might have a future

fer
February 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
The boy literally has a baby face,I don't think they know what responsibilities it would be too take care of a baby that young,the girl actually looks older than him,he looks like a 10 year old with that face really. The girl has a real bad looking face very pale like she is on drugs,but I hope not. It's very interesting how teens are this day.

Eucliffe
February 14th, 2009, 04:39 PM
well if they put the baby up for adoption then they just might have a future

And that's exactly what I hope they do. It'll be beneficial to both of them. They won't have to worry about taking care of a newborn while juggling homework and hormones at the same time, and the baby will be with a loving, married couple that wouldn't even think of abusing it.

That's why interviews with couples are always the best, in my honest opinion. Or even singles, sometimes they have the time on their hands (to tell the truth, I actually wish to adopt a child when I'm old enough, to tell the truth; having my own baby would be nice since it would have my genes, but I don't want to abandon any sort of orphan and whatnot; that just wouldn't be nice of me).

Michii
February 14th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Babies having babies. It's really terrible that a little twelve year old boy had to go off and have sex. Although he's thirteen at this time, he's not thirteen and sexually active. He's thirteen and a father. The fifteen year old mother isn't a real shock for me, as I've seen other people her age get pregnant in the past.

At this rate, the kid will be a grandfather before he's thirty. Kind of weird having someone call you Gramps when you're just coming out of college, assuming that the boy's going to go to one. :/

Mario The World Champion
February 14th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I'm amazed by this. It's a sad situation for all involved. I'll be really shocked if that kid does intend to stand up to the plate and take on the responsibilities of being a father.

Stalin Malone
February 14th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Eugenics legislation and enforcement of such would do a long way to reduce incidences of this.

Aizuke
February 14th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Oh, I just watched the news on TV just then.

Apparently another boy has claimed that the baby is his, and that there could be 6 more people who could be the baby's father..

...lol?

I'm not sure if there's an article on the internet about it. :x

22sa
February 14th, 2009, 10:23 PM
They look terrible

Interesting person though! I'd love to see an interview of him.

Amachi
February 14th, 2009, 10:41 PM
It's a real shame. Teenage pregnancy leads to early death sometimes. :O

lol wut
Says who? Is there any proof backing your statement? Cause it's not as if it's anything unnatural.

Apparently another boy has claimed that the baby is his, and that there could be 6 more people who could be the baby's father..

...lol?

ahahahaha that is awesome, and i wouldn't doubt it for a second.

Zet
February 14th, 2009, 10:43 PM

...lol?

that would make a lot of sense

Mitchman
February 14th, 2009, 10:54 PM
No wonder he looks so young, hes only 122cm and his voice hasn't even broken yet.

Oh and by the way, 122cm is short for a 13 year old :|
Yep it sure is i mean i was what 175. at 13 and now at 16 i am at what 178-179.
Anyway i feel bad for them. They dont want them to be demonized and teased at school meanwhile they go and put it in the sunday paper. Yeh bunch of idiots at the sun better start thinking whats better good articles or protecting the public. Anyway lol if i got a kid at this age sure i would freak out and all but hey i might be able to take up the responsibility. That is i think so i mean hell i cant go 2 minutes without bumping into something. And also pokemon michael you will see the whole after 18 thing will change sooner or later.

Trap-Eds
February 15th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Wow. Just wow. I love the fact that this child, this innocent 13-yr old is willing to take care of this baby, but, he just doesn't know any of the responsibilities!! For pete's sake, what 13 yr old doesn't know that finace at least means you need money?

PokemonMichael
February 15th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Will it Mitcham?

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2008/s2492471.htm

she is like such a hooker.

Ayano Katagiri
February 15th, 2009, 10:21 PM
I seriously found this rather messed up. The kid looks like an 8 year-old and has a child with absolutely no idea how to take care of her. Also, the amount of publicity this is getting is also becoming ridiculous... =\

And now...
Two other teenage boys are also now in the headlines with their own exclusive stories - they say they could be Maisie's father as they both slept with Chantelle Stedman around the same time as Alfie Patten.
... someone else wants their 5 minutes of fame?

matsyku
February 15th, 2009, 10:26 PM
im pretty sure this happens in like africa and iraq and places like that all the time. now because it happens in the US its a big deal.

+that girl is ugly :o

Gold warehouse
February 16th, 2009, 02:50 AM
It could only happen in the UK, I lol'd when I saw on the Wright Stuff that she dosn't know who the dad is.
The poor baby didn't ask to be created by two irresponsible teens... The teen parents probably didn't have a good upbringing if they think that this is acceptable; the baby won't have a good upbringing from them either, it will probably also be a teen parent and then the cycle continues.

Razer302
February 16th, 2009, 12:27 PM
why does this always happen in the UK. All that says to me is parents need to teach their children properly about contraception and all the consequences of not using any.

People can do silly things sometime (I have once) but at that age they shouldn't even be thinking about anything like that. The boy looks like 6 and the mum well not even going into that one. Also with the rumours of there being more potential fathers it shows even more young people just being irresponsible. Unless the system changes on how young people are taught about these things this will become more and more common and it shouldn't. They are far to young to understand what they are doing or what they have gotten themselves into. I have a sister that will be a year old in April and that is hard for me to cope and I'm not the parent.

They have no income, still have to go to school and they now have a child. There is no way the child will get the life that it deserves. My mum had me at 17. She had to give up school and worked all the time to make sure I got the best life. They are far younger than she was and they are in no position to leave school and they are far to young to earn a substantial amount of money. Only person I feel sorry for in all of this is the baby.

Zennerick
February 16th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I'm not at all suprised. In fact, the youngest parent ever
recorded was Lina Medina, age 5 1/2, from Peru.
As cold-hearted as this may seem, I don't really care how the
baby will grow up. It's their concern, not mine.
The only thing i'm worried about is the fact that the
kid doesn't even know what the word "finance" means.
Then again, that's what dictionaries are for...

98monkey1
February 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Hmmm...I may get alot of conflict over this, but I blame it on the parents. I mean, why didn't they supervise them enough so this wouldn't happen? Why didn't they talk to their son/daughter earlier? It could have been prevented...But the boy and the girl are just idiotic.
EDIT: Oh, and I just found out the girl was taking birth control pills but missed one. I wonder how she got those pills? Even if not from a parent, a parent should still find them in her possesion.

Final Fantasy
February 16th, 2009, 11:49 PM
When I saw this picture I thought Chantelle was the mum.
http://www.vulomedia.com/images/29961234564513347.jpg

I personally think it is disgusting.

Varjak Paw
February 17th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I suppose its only decent to congratulate the new parents. However, I don't think that they are ready for the responsibility that comes with raising a child. Both of them are still in school, meaning that in addition to their activities at school, they also have a baby to raise and take care of, which is a full time job. The two also likely lack the experience needed to raise a child , and the baby is likely to have a rather unstable childhood.

Zet
February 17th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Hmmm...I may get alot of conflict over this, but I blame it on the parents. I mean, why didn't they supervise them enough so this wouldn't happen? Why didn't they talk to their son/daughter earlier? It could have been prevented...But the boy and the girl are just idiotic.
EDIT: Oh, and I just found out the girl was taking birth control pills but missed one. I wonder how she got those pills? Even if not from a parent, a parent should still find them in her possesion.
...did you even read the article at all? they wanted a baby and why would the girl take birth control pills if she wanted to have a baby?

.Ozymandias
February 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM
This makes me feel sad to be British. Children of 13 do know the birds and the bees talk (and most of them have found stuff on the internet), so in part they have their own minds and thus are able to make their own choices with informed opinions. However, I don't know that either set of grandparents (of the baby, parents of the kids) can be completely blameless in this, because children do not plan to have babies at 13/15 unless the idea has been planted in their minds from family or situations.

Honest
February 17th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Wow.... A father at Thirteen? Thats just nuts.... The kid don't even look 8!

Well, thats what he gets, I guess for being irresponsible.... And his girlfriends 15, right?

I hope someone helps take care of the baby. I'm glad the mother decided against abortion... But really, the kid went EXTREME! hope he does well.

Jubilation
February 17th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I was reading that 7 other boys have come foward to say they were all with her around the time she got pregnant too, do we all get a go?

1stGenNut
February 18th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Wow, 7 now? I only heard of 2 other potentials, and part of me thinks that they're doing for this attention. But if it's proved Alfie isn't the dad...well well.

Kinda makes me feel....a bit ashamed of youth today.

Guillermo
February 18th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Why's everyone hating on the girl looking like a 'crack-addict in her late teens?' It's stupid. What the hell has her looking like a crack addict got to do with raising a baby? And don't quote this and say "Because she might be doing drugs" because there's no proof of her doing drugs. Seriously.

What makes me laugh is that when Alfie is in his 30s or 40s, the baby will nearly be as old as him.

On a serious note, I don't see a reason to be so shocked about this. It's their life, their choice. They're the ones that have to deal with the baby now, so we shouldn't say that they'll be bad parents. If they're devoted enough, they can do it just as well as any other mother... 'cept buying the baby stuff.

Mooshykris
February 18th, 2009, 09:15 AM
This kind of thing is what you get for not teaching abstinence anymore...

~Mooshykris

Haza
February 18th, 2009, 09:25 AM
He looks like an 8 year old kid holding his baby brother.

Artemis
February 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Holy Smokes...that poor kid doesn't even look like 13, 8 yrs. old is right, WOW...kids these days are seriously getting into the wrong things these days...well some not ALL...but I hope God stays with these people there and bless that baby's life...

I wish them the best of luck...I really do!!! this is really shocking...

Lucent
February 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Actually, truth be told (I dunno if anyone else mentioned this), but I heard that The Sun was not always a reliable news thing. So any of this could be false, but made to sound true.

Anyways, yeah, I think they really should give the baby away. Don't want the parents to feel stressed out or anything. And yeah, the boy definitely looks younger than he supposedly is. For all we know, that could be his baby brother than he's holding. And the girl could be his friend or his sister in reality.

Unfortunately, sometimes the people who supply us with news like to make up their own stories and whatnot. If this gets on a more trusted news thing, then I might be more apt to believe it.

Lucy Lu
February 18th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I heard about this and I was shocked. When I seen a picture of them, I was totally shocked. From shocked to totally shocked. The father still have his baby face and of course the mother looks very young. If I was them, I would have given the baby up for adoption. But if they are willing to take care of the baby, that is their choice. That would be something that when the baby grows up, the parents are still going to be young. Like in their 20s or early 30s. I really don't know how they going to do it because they don't have jobs, but they will think of something. If they can't think of anything, they have to give the baby up for adoption.

And there are other guys who stepped up and admit that could be their child too? Man, this is so confusing. x.x The world today has changed...

viridian doubletongue
February 18th, 2009, 12:45 PM
These kids live in my town. It's completely true.

My girlfriend's mum registered the birth, (one of her many jobs.)

I'm not surprised by this at all to be honest.

billionbucks25
February 18th, 2009, 02:09 PM
No offence to anyone including them but what they did was extremely stupid. As well, the age and size, it's way to ridiculous. You often hear teen pregancies but this one is just wow.....

It's very sad to see the baby having to grow up with his dad.

Actually, truth be told (I dunno if anyone else mentioned this), but I heard that The Sun was not always a reliable news thing. So any of this could be false, but made to sound true.

Anyways, yeah, I think they really should give the baby away. Don't want the parents to feel stressed out or anything. And yeah, the boy definitely looks younger than he supposedly is. For all we know, that could be his baby brother than he's holding. And the girl could be his friend or his sister in reality.

Unfortunately, sometimes the people who supply us with news like to make up their own stories and whatnot. If this gets on a more trusted news thing, then I might be more apt to believe it.

Why would the boy then admit this story on video, this would ruin these kid's rep at school and around the community.

Zennerick
February 18th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Epic win @ ^ XD

And to answer the puberty thing, most boys will have slight ability at about the age of 11 to ejaculate, but will not realize it until mid 11 or 12 in a wet dream... or when discovering masturbation, whichever comes first.

He IS 13, if not, then how the hell did the teen get pregnant?...

Nobody answer that rhetoric question please...

He most likely had Precocious Puberty.
Precocious puberty is puberty that begins
before age 8 years for girls and before age
9 years for boys.

I once met someone in person that had this...

Guillermo
February 19th, 2009, 11:40 PM
S-SEVEN PEOPLE!?

Good god. Alfie would be a bit pissed.

Libertyyy
February 20th, 2009, 04:03 AM
you also heard about that?
I was so shocked when I heard the rumor. Almost all of the students in my class knows about it.
Man! It was gross!

deliriouspurple
February 20th, 2009, 04:07 AM
I was really shocked after hearing this on the news!!!
The kid is really young and who knows...they can't handle that kinda job!
whhaaaa! this is really shocking!

Graceful
February 20th, 2009, 04:55 AM
\My nan/gran(whatever!) says he looks the same age as my brother and he's 9 going on 10 in march!
EDIT:It also makes me really sad to be british! Well I could go on my mums side and live in germany . . . . . . nah!-You gotta hate it being 1/4-german 2/4-jewish 3-4/4-english

Junryou
February 20th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Oh yes, I glanced at that for a few minutes. My friend rIn-chan showed it to me.
My opinion? Well, it's sad. Very sad.

Those children (the newborns) don't really deserve to be born to such young and inexperienced kids.

D;

Harley Quinn
February 20th, 2009, 02:38 PM
You mean I can have babies? Awesome.

She should've aborted the damn thing.

Junryou
February 20th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Some believe abortion is wrong, probably they did not believe in it, or they didn't have any sense...

BakerForLife
February 21st, 2009, 08:42 PM
I heard about this on a few other places...that's crazy! But now I'm hearing it was all a joke or something.

Haza
February 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
You mean I can have babies? Awesome.

She should've aborted the damn thing.

This baby has been born and thats how you speak of it? I think ts beautiful beig heathy and all considering all the risks. When parents are young, there are higher chances of birth defects.

Kayouri
February 21st, 2009, 09:06 PM
The girl looks like she is his mom o.O.. It's awful when teenagers decide to do that...

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
February 22nd, 2009, 12:07 AM
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you sound as innocent as those kids. It couldn't be further from "fine". It is not fair for their families nor for the baby; like Alfie's father said, they don't even realize the depth of what they've walked into. A baby will always be a big deal, young or not. It's not like their families are in the best condition to afford these kind of stupid mistakes. Of course, a good share of the blame goes to them as well.

I'm sorry to be skeptical, but kids that age sometimes can't even take care of their pets properly. Many teenage parents as old as 17 (four years older than this kid) struggle incredibly to raise a baby in similar situations. As much as this boy cares, the baby will not be fed and taken care of by pure love, not in this world.

LipstickTraces
February 22nd, 2009, 11:29 AM
The reason why this is so shocking is because the father looks so young he could easily pass as 8! The age doesn't shock me, the age he looks does.

Haza
February 22nd, 2009, 12:57 PM
I know, he just doesn't look capable of producing what is needed to get a girl pregnant.

SPEEDIE
February 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
i think hes an idiot at least hes family is going to help him out

JesseCS
February 22nd, 2009, 06:57 PM
I can't help but notice that a story almost identical to this was in one of those grocery check out tabloids a couple of years ago. I of course never actually bought it...

DarknessPokemon
February 22nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
I've seen that on the other forumsites I go to. I think that kids that young should just keep that thing in there and wait until they get married to "do it". The father looks like he's 10 and the mother looks about 2-3 times older than he is. Kids these days do a lot of crazy stuff.

Shardwire
February 22nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
There all screwed. Period. Hope they have fun watching that baby grow up with parents that will compare to its size when it's older.

Edit: I almost lol'd tears when I read she slept with two other kids. What a whore.

. R e ð e m p † i o n
February 22nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
Premarital sex?

That goes to show that there are some people out there who don't practice safe sex. And he's so young for such a BIG responsibility of raising a family...

Syrex
February 22nd, 2009, 08:21 PM
that is actually really sad =/

I hope someone helps him with it, or because of the age, They thought about adoption.

All-in-all... I ponder about that quality of the baby's life.

Micro
February 23rd, 2009, 01:13 AM
Gosh, that's too young. Poor baby. They could've thought about the expenses and stuff before that.

Guillermo
February 23rd, 2009, 01:18 AM
Gosh, that's too young. Poor baby. They could've thought about the expenses and stuff before that.

They probably did, but how does that help them? The expenses would go far beyond 10 pounds, so even if discussing it, it wouldn't help. And if they did go over it, their parents would be getting a bit suspicious, and they wanted to keep it hidden until it had to be told.

Zet
February 23rd, 2009, 01:31 AM
they didn't think, the girl just wanted a baby, alfie probably just wanted a girlfriend

Guillermo
February 23rd, 2009, 01:43 AM
Adding onto what Zet said, Alfie probably just wanted sex and something to brag to his friends about.

Surf
February 23rd, 2009, 03:53 AM
I swear to god that that kid is 8 nad the girl is a 35 year old hooker.
I pray that the baby gets adopted b a good family, cause that kids about as ready for fatherhood than a 3 year old
and if you Poms need something to do, maybe you should get better at cricket?
Or we'll just keep floging ya!