PDA

View Full Version : Weird Scenario

DarkKnight541
February 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Picture this, you wake up one day to find that everyone dresses formally and is absolutely polite all the time, including yourself. The only music that anyone listens to is opera, and during any free time everyone just cleans and presses their formal clothes. Everyone wears smiles, but they are almost ploastic looking. What would you do? Give in and let it take control of you or try to fight it?

kingofjokers
February 16th, 2009, 06:04 PM
fight it and pinch myself to try and wake up or move to the ghetto of Chicago:) .

Zennerick
February 16th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Is this a trick question? o_0

Gumball Watterson
February 16th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I would reintroduce rock to the public, grab the antiinterdimensional case with an album of DragonForce inside, and convert them all to rockers.

Or give in a kill a mouse if the case doesn't work.

Xairmo
February 16th, 2009, 06:58 PM
All hail Big Brother!

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

HoneyBubbles
February 16th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Go with the flow, man~ :O
Oh wait. I hate opera. Forget this. :<

sanny the hedgehog
February 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM
just rebel with rock n' roll and a lot of unpractical jokes

Raven-NAR-32450
February 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I would go downtown, purchase a handgun, and once i had said handgun in my possession, i would then proceed to blow my brains out all over the place.

♣Gawain♣
February 16th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I'll probably slap my face many times, chant "this is not real", and make the Voodoo dance.

UltimaLink007
February 16th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I'd take My Led Zeppelin CD Collection, sneak into the nearest radio station, and start broadcasting their beauteous music. When people all over discover that a void in their lives has been filled by the Gods of Rock themselves, they will change slowly into an acceptable mold. Life would go on, where everyone could be happy without being fake or "perfect."

Idiot!
February 16th, 2009, 11:52 PM
No food at all?! I'll die in no time.

jokercard333
February 17th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Haha I Have Often Wonder Myself What Had Happened To The More Formal Era Of Things, It May Sound Ridiculous But I Watch a lot Of Early Films Just To Kind Of Imagine The Time Frame. I Enjoyed The Fact That Everyman Had Mutiple Layers On All Of The Time, A Hat And A Tie Just To Look Formal. But Then Again I Have Twenty First Century Needs Such As Painless Electro Pulse Hair Removal Systems And A Machine That Cooks My Eggs, Toasts My Bread, Frys My Bacon, And Makes Coffee All At The Same Time!

Penguin13
February 17th, 2009, 04:12 AM
First off.. Joker, do you think you could stop capitalizing EVERY word? I know these forums aren't exactly an essay.. But still. Capitals are reserved for the beginning of sentences, proper nouns, and emphasis on words. Other than the horrible grammar aspect of it, it's a bit hard and annoying to read.

But my thoughts on this topic:

I would LOVE this.

jokercard333
February 17th, 2009, 04:16 AM
haha my bad it's a terrible habit to hit the shift key at the beginning of every word, but If you didn't get the facetiousness of my statement I'd have to agree.... again sorry haha

Eucliffe
February 17th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Hmm. Interesting scenario.

I'd act like everyone else, so I wouldn't be considered "different", but in reality I'd be plotting ways to change all of this, so everyone is similar in a freakish sort of way. And, of course, I'd try to rid the world of Opera first (don't flame me or anything, but I just really don't like Opera music >.>).

And, since I'm a bit of a rebel in real life, that leads even more to the point that I'll try and fight it off.

Cassino
February 17th, 2009, 06:57 AM

Maybe I'd kill everyone.

Gold warehouse
February 17th, 2009, 07:00 AM

I would kill everyone.

Fixed.
The politeness part would be an improvement though, no more yobs! =D

Mitchman
February 17th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Ouch that would be scary. You see i cant listen to opera or dress formal. The last time i tired that i was called gay got ignored by every girl that wanted some at that wedding and from that day on i dressed formal but with a touch of rock look. Now i get that chance.
Anyway lol that would be effin scary. No freaky. No just play nightmare. I would seriosuly try to snap every out of it with metallica. If that dont work ill try beer. If that doesnt work then for every guy ill try girls. Now if all 3 dont work its time for a little violence. But i doubt it would get that out of hand after beer. I mean every loves a good pint!

Virtual Chatot
February 17th, 2009, 07:18 AM
That's exactly how my life is now? D:
I don't even watch television anymore, I usually have it turned to the opera channel.
Cargo pants, ftw xD

Banjora Marxvile
February 17th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I wouldn't mind it too much. May change the music, but that's all... *Everyone stares at me*... Umm, I mean rebel.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
February 17th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I'd move to Cuba, nothing ever changes there

It's a bit ironic, because i'm following the majority with wanting to fight off a society of formality and opera music, which is filled of people following the majority.

Please don't kill me.

wakachamo
February 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I'd ask why everybody decided to act like they're residents of Bel Air.

Gold warehouse
February 17th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I'd ask why everybody decided to act like they're residents of Bel Air.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c8/Freshprincelogo.jpg
Lolwut?
Sorry I had to...

wakachamo
February 17th, 2009, 10:27 AM
You, good sir, are my hero.

.thatGuy
February 17th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Omg, its either my dad got a promotion...
Or mum got married to some rich dude...

I'll go with the flow, take some cash... and hit the road!!!!
Or i could just change the music...

matt561
February 17th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Yes i think i would slo just take advantage of the situation...BIG TIME

Varjak Paw
February 17th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'd probably try to fight it, though it depends on if I like things being that way or not, which I don't have the answer to, seeing as the chances of that ever happening are practically nonexistent. Maybe do something to anger others enough that they break the politeness things, be the only one to play music other than opera, that sort of thing.

eww opera

Penguin13
February 17th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Why does no one like opera?!

DarkKnight541
February 17th, 2009, 12:57 PM
One more thing. You have no control over your body and speech. You think differently, but otherwise you are a formal and opera loving citizen.

Corvus of the Black Night
February 17th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hmmm... the music is the only thing I would really mind. Unless I was supposed to be wearing a dress instead of a suit. Then I'd probably go kill some dude and grab his suit.

... suits are so comfortable...

EDIT: So now we're mind controlled? Then what the heck are we supposed to answer?! If we think differently, then there's no way we could possibly do anything but love opera and act formal!

So we're all supposed to answer... oh, I get it.

I WOULD LOVE OPERA AND ACT FORMAL.
Next time think about what you're saying >_<

DarkKnight541
February 19th, 2009, 05:52 PM
But my thoughts on this topic:

I would LOVE this.

What do you like about this? Why?

Lil' Schu
February 19th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I'd grab the rest of my class (because they all HATE opera music) and we'd move to oh, Idk, some abandoned town and we would live there forever.

My class is awesome like that. :D

Narcissus Secret
February 20th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Well, most people would say change them for how you wanted. I wouldn't. A world were everything was how I wanted it, would suck. I wouldn't want it. To be honest, I'd most likely kill myself.

However, if I couldn't control my body and speech, only thoughts, I'd want to die. However, your thoughts control you actions. But if I was only able to think, I would kill me mentally. I'd find someway to shut my body down and do it.

Junryou
February 20th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I would honestly FIGHT. >w<b
Yus.

ErickaVolt
February 20th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I'd go with the flow, giving them flowers. Yeah, peace man.

Aether
February 20th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I would fight the control over me and find a rag-tag group of similarly freed individuals. We would then take some weapons and fight and slaughter our way through evil, opera-loving, formal-dressing zombies to the source and free everyone after our final encounter with the hivemind, a ressurected William Shakespeare.

JesseCS
February 22nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Okay, must remember which rich gay guy hired me to be his arm candy...

Gymnotide
February 22nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
I'd sleep it off.

All hail Big Brother!

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

Nineteen eighty-foh, baby :)

Xairmo
February 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Nineteen eighty-foh, baby :)

Yay! Someone actually understood my reference!

Syrex
February 22nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
honestly?

Shoot myself.
I can't stand people who act the same as everyone else.

Mario The World Champion
February 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't like it very much. I don't wear formal clothes that much, plus I'm not a big fan of Opera.

Yeah. I'll fight. How I will fight? I'll get back to you. XD

Akio123
February 22nd, 2009, 09:14 PM
All hail Big Brother!

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

Yay 1984 reference!^^

Yeah, um...well if we were ina society like that I would probably either:
A. Embrace it and take solace in the fact that people have some civility again.
B. Question it and incite some rebellion.

Fed
February 24th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I'd move to Cuba, nothing ever changes there

It's a bit ironic, because i'm following the majority with wanting to fight off a society of formality and opera music, which is filled of people following the majority.

Please don't kill me.

I find the Cuba thing to be epic win <3

xD I would try to grow out my hair and head bang a lot. This would infect the people around me, and start a rebellion! Huzzah.

the bitter end.
February 24th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Take advantage of the situation by introducing a new way of life and creating a new society based on war that takes over the world that's too obsessed with clothes to stop my taking over.

So, my answer is take over the world.

Zorua
February 24th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Sleep. Sleep until it's all over, which is basically never. Then wake up still complaining that it's happening, and then just deal with how the world is. However...Opera must be erased(no offense to those whom like Opera). And thus replaced with upbeat music. If everyone's going at least act the same, give me the benefit of a doubt and still allow me to retain my music, at least.

Crystal Clair
February 26th, 2009, 02:16 PM
First of all, I'd try to encourage snobby, and jerkish behavior.

Either that or introduce them all to old school rap. Rock is overdone.

DarkKnight541
March 3rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
I think i'd like it if the world were like this.

BHwolfgang
March 3rd, 2009, 12:27 PM
I'll just slowly blink and realize that nothing is true, as reality sets me in a lousy neighborhood of Richmond where poverty strikes everyone in the blink of an eye.

Excluding what I just stated above, I'll be quite happy for once. For the fourth time of my life, I'll be wearing quite expensive clothes that wasn't borrowed from my cousins. I might change the music to something else that fits the situation, like a piano intrumental, but that'll be.

Jorah
March 3rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
I'd go crazy, everything about that annoys me. Formal clothes, opera, politeness...no.

MUSION
March 11th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Fight it to the death. I despise formality.

DarkKnight541
March 17th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I would like the world to be like this, with everyone acting polite and listening to the best form of music.