PDA

View Full Version : Hai all

Sesh
February 17th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Hai all, i'm obviously.. new here XP, i haven't watched the pokemon Anime in years but i always have and still LOVE the games. I've been playing since i was five like i expect a big chunk of pokemon game fans. but anyways yeah. It looks really awesome here, and most importantly thriving, unlike most of my previous choices for pokemon forums.

(Lol sorry for the paragraph, I'm no good with introductions :P)

February 17th, 2009, 12:40 PM
hello and welcome! im a newbie too.

i watch the animes every once in a while with my boyfriend, but we dont watch much tv

ive been playing the games for about 12 years now

do you play diamond or pearl?

Sesh
February 17th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome and no, i got tired of diamond, i had really maxed it out and it had nothing to offer me so i gave it to a freind.

February 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
get platinum then, i plan on it. it has a new story line and crap

Sesh
February 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Oh seriously? it has a new storyline? like SUBSTANTIALLY different? or just minor changes?

Superjub
February 17th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Hiya~ :3
I hope you enjoy yourself at PC :)
Anyway, here is most of the major (and minor) changes from pokemon Pearl/Diamond (Be warned, there are spoilers.):
Some changes to the storyline involving two new characters, Police Officer 'Handsome' and Galactic Admin(?) Pluto. Also, instead of Dialga/Palkia you get Giratina and a orb (Platinum Orb) which changes it to its Origin Forme. You fight Cyrus more, there is a Battle Frontier, your own house where you can buy stuff and decorate it, a cafe where you meet Gym leaders and characters like Riley and, to top that of, the Stark Mountain event is different (more intense, and you meet Pluto and 'Looker' there. Finally, the breathtaking addition of the Torn World meets the game, which takes you to a 3D environment where you can change the camera angles, meet Giratina, surf down waterfalls and more. Other changes include Rotom, giratina and Shaymin getting new forms, the national dex is longer, including more fire times and all of the D/P/Pl Pokemon (excluding Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus...I think,) you don't need the national dex to get Rotom, events can be obtained over wifi and finally some Gym layouts (and orders) have changed. I have probably missed some stuff out so I apologise in advance :(
Anyway, read the rules and have a good time at PC ;)

Edit: Just decided to put the additions in spoilers and changed some parts :)

February 17th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Espeon~ pretty much cleared it up for you.

it will be well worth the money, that is if you love pokemon

Sesh
February 17th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Oh yeah lol i knew it was comng out but i didn't think they were going ot add that much thanks for the info and the warm welcomes ^^

P.S. already read the rules XP

Heather
February 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM
welcome to PC. Hope u enjoy it here.

Fenrir Reki
February 17th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Welcome to PC! I don't really watch the anime at all. I just play the games. Anyways, I hope you like it here and see you around.

Sesh
February 18th, 2009, 11:30 AM
It's the same here.. lol i stopepd watching the anime after the Johto region. One look at the 3rd generation pokemon cartoon.. and well never again did i return to the show lol.

February 18th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I tried to get into the diamond and pearl cartoons but i couldnt. To me, it seems the anime has lost its magic touch. I still love love love love love the games though!

Sesh
February 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah definately.. lol we'd better stop using this before people get mad at us for going off topic XP.