View Full Version : Hello, i'm Draciana.

February 18th, 2009, 3:41 AM
Hello, i'm Draciana, or Draci, whichever you like.
I just joined a week ago and have yet to introduce myself on these boards.

I adore everything to do with Pokémon, the games especially, and the cards. The anime is OK but i'd rather make my own path and adventure then follow someone else's, wouldn't you?
I love spriting, and making trainer cards, I am currently in the middle of making a kind of Fakémon, my first Fakémon. It is a bit like Eevee, with several different evolutions depending on it's surroundings or what stone you use with it.
I don't like hacking as much, I find it difficult to get my head around, I can just about make a screenshot of a battle scene with a base off of the internet that I then place my own sprites into and customise, but that's about it.
I DO NOT believe that Pokémon is dying, or going out of fashion by any means, and it is not childish either in my opinion as it involves strategy and decision making, puzzle solving and the like.
I think Pokécommunity and the several active Pokéfan sites proves that.
I like the old games, as in, black'n'white chunky old Gameboy games. Maybe more than the new games, I don't know.
I don't really have a favourite Pokémon, only favourite types;
Dark, Dragon, Fire, Steel, Rock/Ground, Fighting, Poison, Ghost.
BUT Ditto, in my opinion, is an EXCELLENT Pokémon.

Well, that's about it.

February 18th, 2009, 3:45 AM
You know, I feel the same way about Pokemon as well. It's not childish in any way. It takes a lot of strategizing to beat the games. I also am a fan of the older Pokemon games too!

Oh, by the way, welcome to PC!

February 18th, 2009, 3:46 AM
Thank you!
Do you mind if I friend you?
My friends list has a grand total of zero at the moment.

February 18th, 2009, 3:50 AM
hello and welcome to PC!
I like the older pokemon games because it brings back memories!
Pokemon is not childish, even though I'm not a child any more!

Well then, enjoy your stay here!

February 18th, 2009, 3:53 AM
Thank you!

And yes, memories of sitting under a desk lamp trying to find the right light to actually be able to see the screen without glares and such!
Good times!

February 18th, 2009, 3:55 AM
hello there <3
welcome to PC! I guess you like spriting pokemons. I don't like hacking much too because it's really complicated and sometimes hard.
Pokemon is not childish, I love pokemon too ever since.
but anyways, enjoy your stay and make
new friends here.

February 18th, 2009, 3:57 AM
Thank you!
And yes, it is rather complicated, and requires alot of skill and patience from what i've heard.
I would NEVER be patient enough to hack.

February 18th, 2009, 4:02 AM
Thank you!
And yes, it is rather complicated, and requires alot of skill and patience from what i've heard.
I would NEVER be patient enough to hack.
yeah! me too! It's really hard especially the scripts just for meXD
you're very most welcome!

February 18th, 2009, 4:07 AM
And thank you for the friend request!

February 18th, 2009, 4:24 AM
hey you're welcome!^_^ Draciana

February 18th, 2009, 4:33 AM
Well, im gonna go round the boards and try to find a convo, but ill still stick to this board too!

Fusktacular Frizzlee
February 18th, 2009, 5:11 AM
welcome to pc Draciana :bandit:

February 18th, 2009, 5:19 AM
Love your avatar by the way!

That one's even better.

~ Yukishii
February 18th, 2009, 5:37 AM
Well I don't normally post here, but I rather like your view on Pokemon.
So, I'd like to personally welcome you to the PC family.
If you wish to be friends I would be happy to.

Oh yes.. the old days. Gameboy Color and Advance.. when you actually needed a light on in the room so you could play your game.
It made it hard not to get busted and in trouble when your supposed to be asleep.. On school nights that was.

Mezase Master
February 18th, 2009, 5:43 AM
I think it's impossible to outgrow Pokémon, because Pokémon is such a fun game for all ages. While strategy is important, once you get a hang of the system, it's not hard to come up with something effective, yet there are so many conflicting ones that age really doesn't come into play when in battle. Heck, I'll even admit I was probably better in second grade than I am now. ;)

Anyways, welcome! It's good to see more open-minded members joining, and I hope you choose to stay.

February 18th, 2009, 6:01 AM
Yes, I remember getting told off many times due to my game boy.
And I very much wish to be friends.

Thank you!

February 18th, 2009, 1:54 PM
hey Draci welcome to PC. I can tell u r going to enjoy it here.

Cold Fusion
February 18th, 2009, 1:59 PM
Welcome to PC! Hacking is way to complicated for me!
If you need anyone to talk to i'll be around. Tis up to you!
Please follow the Rules!
If you need any help, just ask around everyone will attempt to give you a helping hand!
See you around!

Crissy xX

February 18th, 2009, 2:06 PM
Hello and welcome to Pokecommunity, Draciana. My name is Sonido, or Sam, whichever you want to call me will be fine.

I agree with all the points you put down in your first post, I am also a fan of Pokemon and I like spriting very much, it seems to take some artistic flare, which I don't have, to do it.

I hope you have loads of fun here at Pokecommunity, If you want to chat feel free to visit my profile, or send me a pm. Both links are in my signature. Make sure you read the rules; we don't want any trouble here. And also, make sure you have fun.