View Full Version : Post the features you think are going to be in Fire Red and Leaf Green

October 31st, 2003, 10:46 PM
Post your ideas here. What do you think it has?

November 1st, 2003, 12:07 AM
a new storyline....
cool characters...
johto and kanto...

November 1st, 2003, 2:20 AM
i think that we can post the mails in the mail boxes provided.
we can buy the mail and write in them.
it sounds really cool!!!

Chaskis Sato
November 1st, 2003, 2:02 PM
What I think of the game...well...it should have Kanto for sure and through in the the Orange Islands ane we got a game that could be very unique and awsome.

They should have a storyline, for instance have the option to choose from Ash and Gary and have the storyline intervine with the show.

It should have all the cities they showed in the show. And every poke center and market shouldt look the same.

Also have the Poke Collisium game save file add more to the game. Have more than 2 diffrent battle music and have better music but have the same tune though.

November 1st, 2003, 6:22 PM
and it should get dark i was dissappointed with Ruby coz it dont get dark at night

November 2nd, 2003, 3:40 AM
This would be good (it combines TCG Tournaments with FR/LG pokedex filling-up)

You could win special cards at TCG tournaments and swipe them into FR/LG using the e-reader. The card would say:

Name of Pokmon: e.g. Scyther
Level: e.g. 3
Area: e.g. Route 1

You would be able to find that pokemon at that level in that area, see?

That would ROCK!

EDIT: My Vision!

November 2nd, 2003, 8:09 AM
Errr, Maybe just all the features that R/S and G/S/C had? like night/day, berries, setting an item to "select" not having to select HMs to use from the pokemon menu, breeding, and Pokemon Contests? maybe even a poke/nav/gear.

November 2nd, 2003, 6:13 PM
Ya id like to see the Day and Night come back.

Also bring the Phone and Clock back.

Other things SHOULD be in it

A car
A bank
An Apartment

Lol I'm just crazy so dont mind me

November 3rd, 2003, 12:27 PM
I hope we can also have PokeNavigators, and Pokemon contests.

And..hopefully...ORANGE ISLANDS

November 25th, 2003, 8:08 AM
What would be nice is being able to use the L and R buttons as extra item buttons.

For example;

Select = Bicycle
L = Super Rod
R = Itemfinder

Also, I don't think there will be that many changes, as I'm guessing that FR/LG will be using the same game engine as R/S. So I'm not expecting day/night for instance . (hope I'm wrong about all that though. :) )

Going to Jhoto would be nice - perhaps it will be a cut down version, like in G/S/C where you got to visit a simplified Kanto.

Otherwise, I expect to see a lot of the pokmon missing from R/S, (making trading essential between the two versions), perhaps an extended safari Zone (although maybe that would be too dull?)?

Expect to see Contests, Dive Spots, and hidden islands here too.

I reckon the Unown will appear too, even if they don't include Jhoto (because trying to get all variations from colluseum, or the mythical remakes of G/S/C)

the end.

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 25th, 2003, 11:56 AM
L and R are reserved in Ruby and Sapphire for a function you select.
Make L=A or have L & R allow you to navigate your PC boxes and bag.

November 25th, 2003, 9:52 PM
dats rite but... it still doesn't work like deranged.....
huh huh huh?

November 26th, 2003, 6:44 PM
I know that! :)

(I have mine set to the page switching option)

I'm just saying that it might be nice to have that as an option as well, y'know? Just another nice little shortcut to save you going into your bag all the time, say if you want to make exploring an area with, say, Itemfinder quicker. It was just a thought.

November 26th, 2003, 9:08 PM
having the L and R buttons like select button will be jos, but nintendo dorks won't put it that way.......

Sapphire Titan
November 27th, 2003, 12:24 PM
I hope it takes place after the original R/B! You know, you could play against REd or something like that.

November 27th, 2003, 11:01 PM
It HAS to be after the original times.

E. Master
December 5th, 2003, 4:30 PM
It is actuly in the same time a Ruby and Sapphire just in a diffrent place. I can't wait to get an eevee I did not cheat for....*Starts Counting Down Time Till It Is Relesed*

December 5th, 2003, 10:43 PM
:P maybe a bike race. cars...aren't the trainer's 10 yrs old?!

December 6th, 2003, 3:01 AM
yeah!!! cars!! stupid 25...

December 9th, 2003, 3:28 PM
I just hope it has a good storyline too it. And some kind of form of jotho in it also! And has it been confirmed that we can trade r/s pokemon to fr/lg?? I know it's compatiable just want to know if i can trade my torchic to fr/lg and use torchic in that game?? I don't see why i couldn't. The only thing i cans ee is it not being registered in the pokedex like the old pokemon aren;t registered in r/s pokedex!

December 10th, 2003, 6:22 AM
u'll need to ask nintendo to enable national dex for u...

December 10th, 2003, 8:08 AM
A car would be good, but you mite hit some one. XD
But I hope thay bring back the day and night like G/S/C. The clock the phone, and that bank idea Dizzy said would be ok, in R/S your mom didnt hold money for you like in G/S/C. In G/S/C where you could leave money at your house is ok till you get maxed out (like I did) I think a bank would be batter to hold your money.

December 10th, 2003, 2:55 PM
Hi Im new here and it seems pretty cool so far. I saw this forum (pokemon leaf green) and went str8 to here. I cant wait for these games to come out and I hope they will combine all the features from all 3 series because each of them have their own cool unique features. I think it would be cool (i know it aint gunna happen but) if they had a pokemon online series. You could choose to be a trainer a member of team magma/aqua/rocket or a gym leader or even a pokemon!!! Id be a gym leader, I guess im just dreamin lol (I hope a member of nintendo is reading this)lol well thanks for readin cya in another forum

P.s does anyone have any decent screenshots of pokemon leaf green or red? be grateful if there was.

c ya Togepi :)

December 10th, 2003, 3:03 PM
I hope for much better graphics and more pokemon!

December 11th, 2003, 2:59 AM
if u want screens, check my site.

www.pokemon-fire-red-leaf-green-info.cjb.net (http://www.pokemon-fire-red-leaf-green-info.cjb.net)

Larry Koopa
December 11th, 2003, 7:21 PM
I would like it to have a REAL pokemon league, and actually have it be a tournament like it is in the T.V. series. That would be so awesome! But i doubt that will happen though......

December 12th, 2003, 12:15 AM
they won't do that in the game... i hate nintendo.

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 12th, 2003, 2:39 AM
It isn't Nintendo. It's Game Freak's ideas.

December 12th, 2003, 5:36 AM
then i should hate game freak...

December 13th, 2003, 11:30 AM
I wanted the Pokemon League to be an actual league aswell, but this is Nintendo we're talking about(they make most gameplay decisions). Day\night must return! And the game has to be far far longer, ie. include Johto. In fact, I'd like the structure of the game to be totally different from the previous versions(I know it would never happen). You should start in Pallet town, and from there go wherever you want. You should be free to go anywhere, and do the gyms in any order you please. This would mean that the gyms would all have to be equally difficult, and only after you have trained pokemon well will you be strong enough to fight the gyms.

No matter what, I'll be buying this game, and colloseum(when it eventually comes to Europe).

December 13th, 2003, 12:07 PM
If I'm correct than the PoKeMoN Contests will be in both Fire Red and Leaf Green since they're in Ruby and Sapphire and as for the berries maybe you'll be able to find them and plant them.

I'd like to see a PoKeMON Day Care Center so that you can breed PKeMoN in Fire Red and Leaf Green and hatch alot of PoKeMoN.

Thats my vision.

December 13th, 2003, 12:10 PM
I want to be able to be a gym leader! once you beat the E4!

December 13th, 2003, 4:42 PM
Indeed... day and night was the best concept... >_< Time barely plays a part in RuSa, so I'd like to see it back in the remakes. I'd also like to be able to go to all 3 worlds, though I'm not sure if you can or not. =\

;_; And I want my Houndour.

December 13th, 2003, 4:48 PM
That would take up a lot of space. And I hope the whole gameplay is different lik . You don't alwasy have 8 badges /etc! You know. All the pokemon games are so alike on gb!

December 14th, 2003, 4:51 AM
i want more gym badges... they're cool to collect... and battles should be tougher.

December 17th, 2003, 5:41 AM
I know it doesn't have it in Fire Red/Leaf Green, but I think that it would be totally awesome if you could own and run your own Gym and battle younger trainers. You could make your own badge and use any Pokemon you want for the Gym's theme...that would be awesome!

December 20th, 2003, 2:41 AM
that would be the best... really the best... own gym...
but it'll be really boring cos u can't move... u have to wait it 1 spot for challengers!

December 20th, 2003, 11:37 AM
No, I mean, you can apply for a Gym, and you can leave it and go on vacation, but when people want to challenge you you are notified by phone or something and you can Fly back to your Gym, battle, give them your badge and prize, and continue on your way. You can also decilne, lol. I thought it sounded kinda cool.

December 20th, 2003, 11:39 AM
I know that is kinda cool! That was my idea when pokemon first started!

December 20th, 2003, 11:49 AM
And R/S would have been much better if you could go to Kanto and Johto in it as well. I got the idea of the Gym when I first got Ruby, thinking that it had that feature but, sadly, it didn't.

December 20th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Well. The game would be to long..

December 20th, 2003, 12:33 PM
That never stopped me from playing Gold about twenty times straight. :laugh: But anyway...

December 20th, 2003, 3:59 PM
Lv. 300 max

More Pokmon (oh yes!!!)

All the different dual types they missed out (like fire/water ect...)

All 3 dimensions

All Pokmon catchable

Own gym (Lv. 50, 100 ect...)

Day/Night/Phone....bla bla bla...

More badges

Extra Elite each time u beat it (optional)

Gym Leaders get stronger each time u beat 'em (optional)

LOL!!!!!!!!! If meh worked with Gamefreak...^_^

December 21st, 2003, 10:33 AM
That is exactly what the ultimate Pokemon game would be like, lol. Fusions...that would be awesome! Do you know what else would be cool? If Legendaries could breed to have superpowerful Pokemon! Like Lugia breeded with a Legendary bird would be Lunoesos (I made that up).

December 21st, 2003, 11:46 AM
Oh yea any pokemon can breed also ^_^

And cleverer (sp? XD) trainers, g-leaders ect... (movepool wise)

maybe lots of things I've missed out XP

December 21st, 2003, 11:52 AM
We can only hope and wish. :cheeky: Like I said, that would be the ultimate Pokemon game right there. It would be ultra-challenging and super fun.

December 21st, 2003, 12:21 PM
Well... I think that fusion idea is great! Good idea Tig. You must be a yugioh fan!

December 21st, 2003, 12:34 PM
You must be a yugioh fan!
Umm...........no o_0

But breeding should result in fusions...

...like in real life:P

December 22nd, 2003, 2:08 AM
breeding... fusions? ACK!!! My Nidoking and Nidoqueen's Nidorino should then be... NidorinaKing?

Fusing is cool!!!

December 22nd, 2003, 6:03 AM
Actually I made up a result of a breeded Nidoking and Nidoqueen, and I called it something cool but I cannot remember it...*smacks head*

December 23rd, 2003, 11:15 AM
But the fusion should only happen through breeding

December 23rd, 2003, 12:21 PM
But the fusion should only happen through breeding
Erm...isn't that what I said? :confused:

December 24th, 2003, 12:00 AM
erm.... I'm getting confused... really.

December 24th, 2003, 7:05 AM
erm.... I'm getting confused... really.
Same here...wait, what was I talking about? GAH! :confused:

December 24th, 2003, 10:58 PM
well..... what I think about the new game is that there is gonna be every single thing of the last games. All pokemon, All gym leaders and bagdes, all 3 Lands, ect.

December 25th, 2003, 4:15 PM
well..... what I think about the new game is that there is gonna be every single thing of the last games. All pokemon, All gym leaders and bagdes, all 3 Lands, ect.
Well, that is what we are all hoping. There probably won't be all three regions, possibly not many or no Johto and Hoenn Pokemon, etc. But the Pokemon are still compatible to trade, even from Ruby/Sapphire.

December 25th, 2003, 6:39 PM
Bulbasaur? oh wait I can talk, lol, well I donot care what features it has besides the national pokedex and the fact it has the original pokemon in it, I really only care aboiut one single solitary thing, the Bulbasaur, finally Ruby and Saphire will meet my great and unstopable bulbasaur with the fissure, solar beam, rock slide, and razor leaf attacks, that is if they let you trade from pokemon red blue and yellow

December 26th, 2003, 8:15 AM
u can't trade from RBY. 25 char thing...

December 28th, 2003, 1:17 PM
They should allow you to have a job like Lab assistant and go on journeys for the professors or Newscaster and go around gettings news and stuff or some other crazy Job. You should be able to Drive a car even though i dont know how old the hero is and you should be able to Have a house ( away from your mothers house ).. I know there stupid and all but you know..

December 30th, 2003, 5:23 AM
COOL!!! AND GET PAID A MILLION BUCKS A MONTH!!! just kidding.. hehe!

January 2nd, 2004, 7:14 PM
L will acess the Help Feature(confirmed).

January 3rd, 2004, 10:50 AM
Ummm not sure if anyone here knows or has it been said before...but on a magazine I have (coco) it shows FR & LG cartridges have a built in infra red link thing that can connect with each other instantly and stuff...also there are two shoulder buttons on each side which I have no idea what they do since I can't even read the book at all...can anybody reply about this?

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 3rd, 2004, 12:34 PM
L will acess the Help Feature(confirmed).
That goes in the Speculation Thread, please. This thread is for what you think should be in it.

January 5th, 2004, 7:16 PM
1) The night/day and week/weekend system... I miss that so much from G/S! Hopefully that will reappear
2) Original music that's redone... I love some of the original R/B/Y music... especially the route to the right of vermillion.... oooooo
3) Original pokemon... hopefully i'm hoping this is an all pure 151 original pokemon database with room for the rest of the pokemon creation
4) The same indigo plateau acceptance gate... I loved it

January 13th, 2004, 6:05 AM
that should be back. i really hate RS because it aint got them.

January 29th, 2004, 9:44 PM
I think they should let you ride ontop of one of your pokemon that are bigger like the all powerful plant god, Venusaur, all hail Venusaur, the most powerful plant out there. that would be cool for a tm, the Ride HM, which takes one pokemon an dputs them ontop of another for a powerful doubles attack but who am I kidding, I am the biggest Bulbasaur fan out there

January 30th, 2004, 1:12 AM
This thread should be closed, the games are released and we know what are in the game. We don't need to think about what should be in it anymore.

*shouts* MR. MASATO!!!

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 30th, 2004, 1:04 PM
Well well... yes the game was released, no point in needing it now.
Thread closed.

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 30th, 2004, 1:08 PM
To also add, this topic could have stayed down rather thqan be posted in. People are not allowed to revive dead old topics.