PDA

View Full Version : Cool evolutions...Not cool evolutions?

Formula380
March 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
Kind of a weird thread. Its about being not cool looking then cool looking after it evolves and vice versa. I think Lairon looks cooler then Aggron. But I like Shroomish into Breloom that's cool :)

chaos11011
March 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Wurple looks better than dustox

But beuttyfly looks better than Wurple

Skaterzpenguin
March 2nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Well I really dont like Feebass's and magickarp's because they are stupid looking but once they evolve they look really cool pokemon.

Inferno1
March 2nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
Well I really dont like Feebass's and magickarp's because they are stupid looking but once they evolve they look really cool pokemon.

You people Still dont get it MArgicarp is based of the legend of when the carp jumps ovet r the fountain it becomes a dragon omg come on people that is basic pokemon knoledege and Feebass has probably got something to do with the ugly duckling being ridiculed all its life being called ugly and than it evolves in to a beautiful Water Snake pokemon A stupid evolve was Licky Licky it is a pokemon i can do with out

Patatas Fritas
March 3rd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hoppip is better looking than Skiploom and Jumpluff...

Mezase Master
March 3rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Clefairy is much better looking than Clefable.

Elite Champion
March 3rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
pikachu looks amazing but riachu is style qwite good but pikachu tops it for me

thedestinedblade
March 3rd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Magmar>Magmortar. Same goes for Electabuzz. I actually prefer Golbat to Crobat too.

Deja Vu
March 3rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Vigoroth is much cooler looking than Slaking.
I actually prefer Golbat to Crobat too.
I like Crobat a lot. He looks pretty cool compared to the rest of the Zubat family. Golbat has that huge mouth.

KurlyFries
March 3rd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Lickylicky/Tangrowth/Scizor/Dusknoir/Magmortar = evolutions we really could've gone without.

Particularly Scizor. Scyther was known for its ninja-ness, but what's Scizor supposed to be? Hands that feed?

Crawdaunt's sorta cool I guess.
Umm... Slowking and Politoed are just lame-o.

Houndoom is raw pwnage tho.

Paradox Dragonite
March 3rd, 2009, 09:36 PM
People, this is Advance Gen. No DPP Pokemon here. x'D

Bagon evolves into Shelgon. WTF. o 3o

Formula380
March 3rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
This thread probably could have gone into general pokemon section for all pokemon. Oh well. If a forum mod or somthing comes by please put this in general pokemon? Or somthing like that..

Route 18
March 4th, 2009, 01:50 AM
What the hell is a LickyLicky? And how dare Nintendo use that degrading name for a Pokemon. Unless the Pokemon effectively sucks.

EDIT: Oh...Oh dear.

-Leaf
March 4th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Magnezone is crappy as hell! we don't need that evolution! magneton was enough and even more for me (on level 44 it almost killed rayquizza and lvl 45 kyogre)

Magneton pwns so bad.. and like someone said magmortar / tangrowth / electrobuzz evolution / dusknoir that doesn't reminds me of dusclops..l

when i get my platinum people will say that im stupid that i didn't evolved my magneton even that i don't care.. i love magneton the way he is and no stupid spaceship pokemon deserves its evolution

Edit : forgot to put that i like haunter more than gengar

Mimey
March 4th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I like Magneton too, it was wayyy cooler.

I don't like the evolution line of Staryu/Starmie.
Starmie is just 2 Staryu's glue'd together.

-Leaf
March 4th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I'm sure you will like Starmie after seeing a shiny one

BHwolfgang
March 4th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I would like to say that the evolution of Nincada, Ninjask, and Shedinja. It really shows the basic evolution of insects (When one sheds it's exoskeleton to mature).
I still wish they would tell us on how a Shedinja would appear in the Pokéball, though.

What evolutions I really don't like is Magmar's and Electrabuzz's. They were better off as their original form.

-Leaf
March 4th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Just as like any bug pokemon available at the start.. (caterpie, weedle wurmple etc..)

yeah electrobuzz looks like a beast in the new evolution and in the one before it looked nice and tough

magmar's evolution wasn't needed since nobody is using mamgar lol
well as like they got themselves a baby form they got themselves a evolution.. but if you get an evolution.. DONT MAKE IT LOOK CRAPPY

Deja Vu
March 4th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Just as like any bug pokemon available at the start.. (caterpie,
magmar's evolution wasn't needed since nobody is using mamgar lol

Not true. My friend's Magmar kicked ass in FR/LG.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
March 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I'm sure you will like Starmie after seeing a shiny one

Please, tell me that's a joke. Shiny starmie is hideous. http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/f/f8/Spr_4d_121_s.png

Anyway, I prefer Zubat and Golbat over Crobat, and Magmar over Magmortar. Magnezone needs to go die, same goes for Probopass. I agree with the OP in that Lairon looks cooler than Aggron.

-Leaf
March 5th, 2009, 06:36 AM
i had one in emerald and i pretty liked it, but i didn't train it since it was way later in the game

Gold95
March 7th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Elekid looks more cooler than Eletabuzz, Cleffa looks more cuter than Clefairy, I hate Magikarp because it evolves into GYARADOS?!?!?!?!?!?! and Feebas evolves into MILOTIC?!?!?!?!?!?!

True Reign
March 7th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Scyther > Scizor.

Although Scizor does have some amazing moves.

Magmar>Magmortar. Same goes for Electabuzz. I actually prefer Golbat to Crobat too.
I'll have to agree on this one; however, Crobat > Golbat aswell. Crobot is just amazing altogether.

Ayesha
March 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I don't really like..Burma, or Burmos or their evolutions.
My favorite of all is Blaziken, Beautifuly, and Skitty/Delcatty.
I'm into cute Pokemon. (:

Wings Don't Cry
March 10th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I didn't like machomp evolving into some guy with four arms and i didn't like the evolutions of likatung, magneton, electabuzz, magmar, makrow, misdrevous and yanma

Ninja Caterpie
March 10th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Elekid looks more cooler than Eletabuzz, Cleffa looks more cuter than Clefairy, I hate Magikarp because it evolves into GYARADOS?!?!?!?!?!?!
I know. Magikarp should have stayed awesome as Magikarp, and Gyarados can be awesome as Gyarados. =P

.:Kanto:.
March 10th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Porygon-Z. I liked Porygon2. It was fine! But Porygon-Z just looks... Well screwed up. I know it's meant to be that way but I just don't think it's that good. :|

QuilavaKing
March 10th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I feel that way about most Diamond and Pearl pokemon... but of the 3rd gen...

Well... I like Torchic a lot better than either of it's evolved forms lol.

-Leaf
March 11th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Mudkip is better than marshtomp and swampert.. Someone elze liekz mudkipz?

Formula380
March 11th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Hooray! My first thread to get to its 2nd page! ^.^ Linoone=Zigzagoon? Linoone is cool but Zigzagoon is cute.. Hard to figure who's better lookin ;)

-Leaf
March 11th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Bidoof is better that bibarel, even that i hate both XD

Glaceon_
March 11th, 2009, 06:26 AM

Hmm... no. I much prefer Swampert than Mudkip. Its actually all the "Do you liek Mudkipz" stuff that really made me hate Mudkip. The 'straw that broke the camel's back' was what DeviantArt did to everyone's Avatars on April Fools', April 2008. -.-;;

Anyway... Swablu to Altaria was an awesome evolution. Sure, the typing was rather strange, (in my opinion) but its what made Altaria that much more awesome.

Aggron was a pretty good evolution, but personally, I kind of saw it as more of a prehistoric Pokemon, mainly for its Triceratops-like traits.

I'm trying to think of some that I don't like... but I can't really think of any... though there is a pre-evolution I really hated. Wynaut was horiffically pointless... and just as ugly as Wobbuffet...

Oh wait! I didn't like the Lotad evolutionary line; any of it. To me, Lotad was the only decent-looking one, but Ludicolo isn't as bad looking as Lombre. Lombre is where its evolutionary line started going wrong, with Ludicolo loosening the belt that started strangling them.

Lycaeus
March 11th, 2009, 06:27 AM
I prefer...
Magmar + Electabuzz over their new evos
Magneton over what ever the heck the spaceship is
Larion over Arggon
and Rhydon over Rhyperior
that's all I can think of now

JojoX2
March 11th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I hate ratticate... I don´t like rattata either, but after evolving it really sucks... Also I would have preferred a more carp-like evolution for magicarp. Gyarados just doesn´t fit for it, even if it is based on some old legend. And third: Marill. Azumarill looks strange to me. And Azurill looks better than Marill^^

-Leaf
March 11th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hmm... no. I much prefer Swampert than Mudkip. Its actually all the "Do you liek Mudkipz" stuff that really made me hate Mudkip. The 'straw that broke the camel's back' was what DeviantArt did to everyone's Avatars on April Fools', April 2008. -.-;;

Anyway... Swablu to Altaria was an awesome evolution. Sure, the typing was rather strange, (in my opinion) but its what made Altaria that much more awesome.

Aggron was a pretty good evolution, but personally, I kind of saw it as more of a prehistoric Pokemon, mainly for its Triceratops-like traits.

I'm trying to think of some that I don't like... but I can't really think of any... though there is a pre-evolution I really hated. Wynaut was horiffically pointless... and just as ugly as Wobbuffet...

Oh wait! I didn't like the Lotad evolutionary line; any of it. To me, Lotad was the only decent-looking one, but Ludicolo isn't as bad looking as Lombre. Lombre is where its evolutionary line started going wrong, with Ludicolo loosening the belt that started strangling them.

Well then..
Did u herd i no liek glaceonz!

Nah just kidding..
Wobbofet (Nicknamed Blue Goof in my leafgreen) owns with mirror coat and counter ^_^

And most new evolution SUCKS if not all of them!

Ayesha
March 11th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I totally like Mudkip. (: It is way cuter than Swampert,
but most of the time I end up evolving Mudkip because
Swampert looks cool. xD Swampert = cool Mudkip =
cutee! <3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 15th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I really could careless about the way the Pkmn look, as long as they're good, but some of them do look hideous

But how do Pkmn with no mouth's eat?

:t354:TG

CrasH
March 15th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I like Munchlax 100 times more then snorlax.

and I think Golem is cooler then Geodude, but Geodude is cooler then Gravler.

Game Over1375
March 15th, 2009, 10:03 PM
i hate it when pikachu evolves into raichu- he becomes all fat and horrible like an american

One, please don't diss Americans. Anyways, I agree. I don't like Pikachu evolving into Raichu. I also find Pichu a bit pointless.

giradialkia
April 11th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Lileep is atrocious. Cradily is no pretty thing either but it wins in this case.
Also.. Blaziken looks much cooler than Combusken, which looks like Torchic wearing pants after it hit puberty xD.
And Fearow is kinda fugly, in comparison to Spearow.

(Dusty<3)
April 11th, 2009, 11:38 AM
To me, I hate most "baby" Pokemon. Togepi I love, others I can do without happily.
Magby<Magmar
Elekid<Electabuzz
Smoochum<Jynx
Pichu<Pikachu
Cleffa<Clefairy
Igglyuff<Jigglypuff
(I am not going to put the newer Pokemon because this thread is in the ADVANCE generation part of the site)
I DO think Lairon looks a lot better than Aggron.I actually prefer Dustox over Beautifly any ol' day. I LOVE Magikarp more than Gyarados *is serious*.