PDA

View Full Version : LeafGreen or Emerald?

Trainer Marsh
March 5th, 2009, 03:33 AM
That is the choice I face. I can get one, but not the other. Haven't played either before, sadly. So, what do you thik I should choose? Note: I have 12 hours from the time I post this befre I buy one or the other.

Pechachu
March 5th, 2009, 03:40 AM
I would say Leaf Green personally, but both are good. I don't think you can really go wrong with Pokémon, so just pick whichever seems better for you. Take a look at the Pokémon in the regions and see which ones you'd prefer to have scampering around, temping you with your Poke Balls. c:

Trainer Marsh
March 5th, 2009, 03:44 AM
What are the differences between LeafGreen and Red/Blue?

Swift!
March 5th, 2009, 04:18 AM
What are the differences between LeafGreen and Red/Blue?

Better graphics, Gen 2 Pokemon, Sevii Islands and compatibility with other Gen 3 games.
Plus a whole lot more I've probably forgotten about...

First off though, do you already have FireRed, Ruby or Sapphire?

Trainer Marsh
March 5th, 2009, 04:55 AM
No, I do not, sadly. This is the generation I sadly missed out on. LeafGreen- story wise, is it the same as Blue/Red?

-Leaf
March 5th, 2009, 05:01 AM
pretty much the same.. but hey, isn't any pokemon game has the same story.. get a badge, screw up a crime organization and face the elite 4 and win.. its always the same

btw, i played emerald and leaf green they are both good.. and i face that decision too (or meybe my mom will buy me both of them, i don't know yet..)

but i love leaf green and emerald.. i think leaf green

irishcharizard
March 5th, 2009, 06:05 AM
i'd go emerald just for the chane to get the regi's and i prefer emerald to the fire red leaf green games

-Leaf
March 5th, 2009, 06:34 AM
hmm yes in emerald there are more legendaries to catch.. forgot to put that

Shadow Chant
March 5th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Emerald Version.

It's the biggest adventure.

BF, and so many other legendary Pokemon to get.

Tinhead Bruce
March 5th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Right, and you can get many Gen 2 and Gen 1 pokes, so more pokes are available in Emerald. Also, the Battle Frontier is pretty great. Well.... and the cloning glitch that goes with it is great as well =0
I mean, I like emerald better, and it provides the most Dongle pokemon (I think). I'd go for Emerald.

ShadowDragon~
March 5th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Leafgreen:

Urban pokemon
1st gen starters
More "Bright, and happy" (colours)
Same as Red/Blue/Yellow, but a lot more of events (islands)

Emerald:

Exotic pokemon
3rd gen starters
Darker region, but new.
Alot more chances to catch ledgedaries, and an unique storyline. (If you dont count the badges and stuff) Also alot more things to do, like dive and stuff.

I like both, Emerald because its different than most games, because Hoenn is an island, and there are new things added" ;p, and Leaf Green, because of the region and i like the original pokemon, plus new thigns have also been added

shanecdavis
March 5th, 2009, 07:28 AM
There is absolutely no comparison here. Emerald gives you so much more than LeafGreen will. It has a better storyline, it has more Pokemon, it is better for breeding, EV training, it has the Battle Frontier, and it has much better Legendaries. It is also the best gateway to the 4th Gen games, if you are interested in them. Personally, Emerald is the best game that has been produced yet.

Numa von Stigva
March 5th, 2009, 07:31 AM
I would choose emerald, IMO

[Ley]
March 5th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Both of them have different importances. LeafGreen can get the Kanto Legendaries, Emerald the Hoenn ones.

I say Emerald in my opinion, you can do more in the Game, including Battle Frontier.

Heather
March 5th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I would pick Emerald. But thats just me because I love Rayquaza. Also in my opionion I think that it is much better than LeafGreen.

Tanooki
March 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Emerald has the biggest substantial changes. There's a ton of stuff to do well after you've already beaten the game.

Fusktacular Frizzlee
March 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM
i would personally go for emerald

Kokuo
March 6th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I suggest Emerald. I liked the story better and the Battle Frontier is fun.

Gleam Noiyam
March 6th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Emerald version it is a fun game to play and is better than leaf green because I own both leaf green and emerald and I prefer emerald.

Adley
March 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Emerald. The Battle Frontier gives a new meaning to the game. It gives you something to do after you beat the Elite Four.

Neiko Star
March 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I say Emerald. The battle frontier is really great.

Dragonbane
March 6th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I got emerald, and its pretty cool

Lightey
March 6th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Leaf Green, I have played both, and LeafGreen is a LOT better.

WarriorSokka
March 6th, 2009, 04:24 PM
For me it would have to be LeafGreen

But I guess since i've been playing pokemon since I was like 6, I like the fact that they brought back the classic game. Emerald is really good and I remember anticipating it and being like "OMG BATTLE FRONTIER" but to me the Sevii islands and all the original pokemon mean a lot more. I'd say if you started pokemon at a young age and where brought up on Red/Blue get Leafgreen. If you don't really care, then go for Emerald, however I feel like you miss the importance of pokemon unless you start out with red/blue or firered/leafgreen

OokamiShipper
March 6th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I honestly like LeafGreen (well, I have FireRed) better, but Emerald may have more.
If you have Red/Blue, you should go with Emerald, but it's what you want.

~Rose-quartz Iatos
March 6th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I would say emerald, it just feels longer to me. :)

Trainer Marsh
March 7th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Thank you for the advice. I headed in to get Emerald a while ago, but hey just sold it. LeafGreen is miiinnneeee. Thanks for the advice! I missed out on this generation, what is Urban Pokemon?

Vrai
March 7th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Urban Pokémon isn't really a term. I think that user just used it to describe the Pokémon in LeafGreen, as opposed to the exotic-looking Pokémon in Emerald. :D

machomuu
March 7th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Yeah, and honestly, I prefer RBG to FRLG, but if you've played RBG, get Emerald.

ShadowDragon~
March 7th, 2009, 07:27 AM
yea, like Vrai said; i used it as a comparison

Ayesha
March 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I <3 LeafGreen! It's so classic but yet
it looks so original and new/revamped
because of the new looks. Its more fun
but if you prefer old green dragons and
some evil enemies, pick Emerald. Its
your choice. (:

darkknight09
March 10th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Leaf Green because I think it has a better story line

JollyRoger25
March 10th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Well, I have both Leaf Green and Emerald, and I find myself replaying Emerald alot more often than Leaf Green, so If I were you, I'd go for Emerald.

Inferno1
March 11th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Emerald Battle Frontier To much fun to miss out on lol But all up it is up too u

Rockarine
March 13th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I'll choose Emerald for sure !! x3
I love Hoenn !!! Salamence , Metagross and many AWESOME pokes are there ! ^^
+ May is there too x3
and the battle frontier rox ^^

Azonic
March 15th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I don't see how you can relate them like this, but Emerald anyways. I never liked the display of LeafGreen, and Emerald has cool storylines and features. :B

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 15th, 2009, 08:45 AM
thats kinda random to put those to games up for a poll, why because they're both green?

I love Emerald the most because of the Battle Frontier and the Pokemon Contest =]

:t354:TG

PlatinumDawnFtw
March 15th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Emerald. More Pokemon, longer story, battle frontier... sooo worth it.

BHwolfgang
March 16th, 2009, 03:09 AM
To my honest opinion, I prefer Emerald more than Leaf-Green.

Emerald has more options and the Battle Frontier. Yes, Leaf-Green has the Seveii (sp?) Island, but they're only for... Jhoto Pokémons.

Dakota
March 16th, 2009, 11:47 AM
My choice would be Emerald. It has the Battle Frontier, but both are equally good. xD

Cold Fusion
March 16th, 2009, 12:42 PM
EMERALD! ^-^
Just because of the story line.

Sebastien Loeb
March 16th, 2009, 01:07 PM
They are two games deeply different one it is the remake of a preceding game, the other one is the following version of Ruby & Shappire, for a matter of tastes personal vote Emerald.