PDA

View Full Version : Darkstar:Road To Dreams

Pages : 1 [2]

Regigigas
April 29th, 2009, 10:57 AM
You have a re-colour of Typhlosion.

Master Terrador
April 29th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Alright, I'm going to try to offer some constructive advise in a way that hopefully won't come off as a flame to you. But for future reference, none of the posts by S.U.R.F or Goodies were flames. You have a tendency to immediately assume that people hate you when, in reality, they are only trying to help.
Alright, I (PERSONALLY) didn't like the tiles because of ineffective use and poor (I know how you react to that word, but please don't) palettes. There were also a few cases of movement permissions errors where I could walk over hills and such. The scripting (which I find it odd that you don't know who did it (you claim that it's not your hack in your defense but I clearly saw something along the lines of Darkstar: Road to Dreams by Ray Maverick)) is mediocre with text falling off the edges of textboxes and overall poor (there it is again!) grammar.

I know it'll be a stretch but please try to take this post as a friendly suggestion, not an open insult. At least try.

Ok...I see that you are being nicer about it...Than S.U.R.F or Goodies...And...Ray...You don't know who Scripts in your team...According to your list...It was GoldxLight...no...I suggest you take the bad tileset up with Archon & Darklight...They insert the tiles...But thank you for being friendlier...:)

@Regigigas~Where...:\

EDIT~You mean the sprites...Right...

The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
April 29th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Alright, I'm going to try to offer some constructive advise in a way that hopefully won't come off as a flame to you. But for future reference, none of the posts by S.U.R.F or Goodies were flames. You have a tendency to immediately assume that people hate you when, in reality, they are only trying to help.
Alright, I (PERSONALLY) didn't like the tiles because of ineffective use and poor (I know how you react to that word, but please don't) palettes. There were also a few cases of movement permissions errors where I could walk over hills and such. The scripting (which I find it odd that you don't know who did it (you claim that it's not your hack in your defense but I clearly saw something along the lines of Darkstar: Road to Dreams by Ray Maverick)) is mediocre with text falling off the edges of textboxes and overall poor (there it is again!) grammar.

I know it'll be a stretch but please try to take this post as a friendly suggestion, not an open insult. At least try.

Its ok,this is the kind of critizm i want to hear.Have you any suggestions?
Cause i don't know nothing about pallets.....
and where did you see ''by Ray Maverick''?What do i have to write in a banner?Made by Kaizer-X and Ray Maverick?:\ too long.

Red Apple™
April 29th, 2009, 11:31 AM
hey where it says unoko - music editor(pro) can u change it to Red Apple-music editor(pro)

manga_meijin2
April 29th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I haven't had the chance to play this yet but it's next on my list! Looks good :)

uillian
May 2nd, 2009, 03:45 AM
this game must be better than the other previous versions

May 2nd, 2009, 04:29 AM
Of course it must be.why did you said that?We All now it.

Christos
May 3rd, 2009, 08:08 AM
First person who continues arguing or starts a new random argument in this thread gets infracted. :3

Flandre Scarlet
May 4th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Sorry to bother you, Ray Maverick, but you forgot to add Clonex25 to your credits list. Because, in your video, you are using his music battle theme.

Anyway, I like the tiles and pals. Keep up the good work.

May 4th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the info,and sorry,i don't know what you're talking about,my music editor just did.(-_-)

heavenschaos1950
May 4th, 2009, 03:03 PM
i liek how the screenshots look on this game. hopefully the gameplay is just as awesome

May 6th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Thank you.I must admit that i have left this hack for a while......

CollinP
May 8th, 2009, 04:20 PM
i really like this game- it is actually very fun for me, unlike the usual pokemon game that makes me wanna crawl into a shell and not come out for a year

Team Rosser
May 10th, 2009, 12:36 PM
if you are going to have DP Pokemon, please have all the starters gible, riolu and lucario in the hack.

May 10th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Of course i will have them,i think they're the best d/p pokemon.

aamlguy
May 12th, 2009, 12:00 PM
wow, nice hack
Are you going to add Arceus, and its stones?

May 12th, 2009, 11:37 PM
No,i'm not going to add arceus.This will have Giratina and Darkrai.

Taz Maverick
May 13th, 2009, 12:04 AM
The progress in this hack is slow for sure......man.....

May 15th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah,it is,cause i'm focusing on the other hacks now.I must admit that i've left it behind.....

colcolstyles
May 16th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I still don't see why you're working more on the third hack in the series when neither the first or second hacks have been completed :\

May 16th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I know,its confusing.Its my fault though.I'm going to change the numbers now.

Magic
May 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I agree, I think you should pick one to be priority and stick to it, that way the fans will be happy and it will be more obvious how much work you are putting in. When its scattered across 3 hacks at once its hard to tell.

May 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I am focusing on one hack,but its not obvious of the "fans" of the Darkstars series.

Logiedan
May 26th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Uhm, I encountered a glitch where at Drask Town,near the bottom right where you are going eastwards to the next map then when you try going pass the gaurd states he's thirsty(not the glitch). Then when you will try to leave you will be teleported onto a house of Drask Town. You'll be stuck,unless you could walk through walls.The house is on the top left of the road where you're about to go to,"Archer's Ranch." Maybe try fixing it? :D.

Aljam
May 27th, 2009, 02:04 PM
i thought thought i fixed that glit--

I think ray hasnt posted the fixed IPS.

May 30th, 2009, 06:00 AM
I haven't the time to fixthe bugs. X.x sorry.

ChunnyyxD
June 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Awesome storyline! I've been playing for a few minutes and enjoyed it very much(:
Do you mind if I make a support banner for you?

June 3rd, 2009, 01:05 AM
Thanks,and no,i don't mind.Put it in your sig,if you want. ;)
Thank you!

Taz Maverick
June 10th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Oh..this is the third hack now,i guess....

Arcelio
June 13th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Bugs/Gllitches
-When using the Running Shoes, the character sprite changes back to the normal Firered sprite.
-After atempting to leave Drask Twon towards the East and being stopped by the guard, attempting to leave the way you came in transports you into literally the "middle of a building", where you cannot move or get down.
-At the start of "Sinea Route" you can walk right off the ledge next to the "Team Rocket" looking sprites.
-Cranados' menu sprite is a Gligar, and Buizel's is a Mawile.
-Abra has Hidden Power in the wild. May or may not be a bug.
-Various grammatical errors. I am willing to point them out if asked.
-Not really a glitch, but a tip. I would remove "Sonicboom" from Buizel's moveset, because it makes Buizel slighty overpowered at the start of the game.
-I didn't recieve any Pokeballs after getting the Pokedex.
-Talking to the trainer near the "Team Rocket" looking sprites freezes the game.
-Speaking to the "Team Rocket" sprites also froze the game.
-While fighting the "Rival" for the first time, the Ralts he uses has it's gender next to it's name. Does this serve a purpose?
-Text got kinda weird after beating the Rival the first time.
-On the signs in "Vent Camp". within the houses. the text reads "o much".
-Inside the first gym, the "Leader" is ?
-After defeating Rico, your name is not added to the "Winning Trainers" list.
-The statue within the gym stills says "Viridian Gym"
-On "Esped Route", the first sign says "Oute".
I wouldn't be much of a critic if I didn't point out the pros, would I?
-New Regions-
I'm a sucker for new regions. I suppose it's because of the fact that I resent Nintendo for taking two to three years to make new areas to make new regions/pokemon.
-Various Pokemon at the starting areas-
More pokemon in the beginning means more a wider array of moves you can use. I've always liked that.
-Starter Pokemon-
Cranidos and Shieldon really suprised me. I liked it though.Plus it alows me to chose my play style. Cranidos for all out attacking, and Shieldon for a more defensive style of play.
-Buying the Tyrouge for money-
I've always liked this idea since the player was allowed the choice of buying the Magikarp back in the original Red version. The price was smart aswell. High enough that you can't buy it outright, but not so high that it seems imposibble early on.
-The First Gym-
The whole "spinning tiles" thing has always been something I've liked about the Saffron Gym. I'm glad you put it in the first.

Suggestions/Questions
-For the first "official" gym, can you put the type of gym somewhere? On the sign or in a NPC's text. I felt like I was going in blind.
-No Pokemon Center in Vent Camp. What is up with that? I know that there's a Rest House, put people might not realize that's the "PokeCenter" so to speak.
-I would recommend changing Rico's sprite from Giovanni's to something different.
-Rico's Starvavia is a accuracy manipulating S.O.B! Please change that.
-Do the five rocks south of Vent Camp provide any to the main story, or are they simply for show?

That's as far as I've gotten at this time. When I find more glitches/bugs, or I have something to add, I'll post again. Other then the few problems I came across, this beta was quite enjoyable. I look forward to the next beta release.

June 16th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Bugs/Gllitches
-When using the Running Shoes, the character sprite changes back to the normal Firered sprite.
-After atempting to leave Drask Twon towards the East and being stopped by the guard, attempting to leave the way you came in transports you into literally the "middle of a building", where you cannot move or get down.
-At the start of "Sinea Route" you can walk right off the ledge next to the "Team Rocket" looking sprites.
-Cranados' menu sprite is a Gligar, and Buizel's is a Mawile.
-Abra has Hidden Power in the wild. May or may not be a bug.
-Various grammatical errors. I am willing to point them out if asked.
-Not really a glitch, but a tip. I would remove "Sonicboom" from Buizel's moveset, because it makes Buizel slighty overpowered at the start of the game.
-I didn't recieve any Pokeballs after getting the Pokedex.
-Talking to the trainer near the "Team Rocket" looking sprites freezes the game.
-Speaking to the "Team Rocket" sprites also froze the game.
-While fighting the "Rival" for the first time, the Ralts he uses has it's gender next to it's name. Does this serve a purpose?
-Text got kinda weird after beating the Rival the first time.
-On the signs in "Vent Camp". within the houses. the text reads "o much".
-Inside the first gym, the "Leader" is ?
-After defeating Rico, your name is not added to the "Winning Trainers" list.
-The statue within the gym stills says "Viridian Gym"
-On "Esped Route", the first sign says "Oute".
I wouldn't be much of a critic if I didn't point out the pros, would I?
-New Regions-
I'm a sucker for new regions. I suppose it's because of the fact that I resent Nintendo for taking two to three years to make new areas to make new regions/pokemon.
-Various Pokemon at the starting areas-
More pokemon in the beginning means more a wider array of moves you can use. I've always liked that.
-Starter Pokemon-
Cranidos and Shieldon really suprised me. I liked it though.Plus it alows me to chose my play style. Cranidos for all out attacking, and Shieldon for a more defensive style of play.
-Buying the Tyrouge for money-
I've always liked this idea since the player was allowed the choice of buying the Magikarp back in the original Red version. The price was smart aswell. High enough that you can't buy it outright, but not so high that it seems imposibble early on.
-The First Gym-
The whole "spinning tiles" thing has always been something I've liked about the Saffron Gym. I'm glad you put it in the first.

Suggestions/Questions
-For the first "official" gym, can you put the type of gym somewhere? On the sign or in a NPC's text. I felt like I was going in blind.
-No Pokemon Center in Vent Camp. What is up with that? I know that there's a Rest House, put people might not realize that's the "PokeCenter" so to speak.
-I would recommend changing Rico's sprite from Giovanni's to something different.
-Rico's Starvavia is a accuracy manipulating S.O.B! Please change that.
-Do the five rocks south of Vent Camp provide any to the main story, or are they simply for show?

That's as far as I've gotten at this time. When I find more glitches/bugs, or I have something to add, I'll post again. Other then the few problems I came across, this beta was quite enjoyable. I look forward to the next beta release.

Ok,that is some useful report,thanks a lot!I hope you like it ^^

Matija
July 6th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I downloaded it and now im making a playthrough that i will be uploading on youtube.Cool story and cool game :D

July 6th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I downloaded it and now im making a playthrough that i will be uploading on youtube.Cool story and cool game :D

Woah,playthrough? Thats great,thanks!

Can you PM with the links so i can add them to the main post?

Thanks a lot!

Spleen Lordian
July 23rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
When I saved above the stairs at the beginning of the game (in my house) and reset the game, I was playing as a glitched sprite and had very limited movement. Is this just because of where I saved?

EDIT: I just realized that it could be loading the character in the middle of the screen, since I was to the side more.

July 23rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
When I saved above the stairs at the beginning of the game (in my house) and reset the game, I was playing as a glitched sprite and had very limited movement. Is this just because of where I saved?

Its just a glitch of the game. I'm sorry.

06s23
August 4th, 2009, 02:08 PM
looking Fantastic! well done. good luck with the rest :)
Pokemon Nirvana looks cool

Spartacus
August 5th, 2009, 03:53 AM
i could help with scripting.............

August 5th, 2009, 03:55 AM
looking Fantastic! well done. good luck with the rest :)
Pokemon Nirvana looks cool

Thanks a bunch, Nirvana will be up in September...

i could help with scripting.............

Thanks for the offer, but i'm lucky enough to have scripters with amazing skills, and can script myself.

DB12
August 5th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Nice hack but wich file do i need to download? the space V or the attached V

August 5th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Nice hack but wich file do i need to download? the space V or the attached V

They are both the same...

Ice Fire
August 9th, 2009, 01:59 AM
All the features sound awesome, especially the shops selling Pokemon.

>DrakiL<
August 21st, 2009, 11:13 PM
Ray this is such an awesome hack, but one thing whenever I talked to the black-suited guy in the beginning the Emulator crashed, why?

BlackRain
August 31st, 2009, 12:26 PM
this game is realy fun and hard i started a playthrough on youtube

ShuppetShopper
September 6th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Wow man this game is looking tottaly cool, i love the new tiles! :D

DestinyBender
September 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I like the idea of having Sheildon & Cranidos as starters.. but before I play the game, do they have the cries like from D/P/P?

Just curious :D

~DB

oscario
September 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM
when i try to download this it says find/save when click find nothin happens please help me

hashtag
September 29th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Closed as per owners request.

Closed~