PDA

View Full Version : Would you see the anime if it was based on special????/

mbc2085
March 10th, 2009, 04:18 PM
What if manga becomes anime?????would you like to see it. if anime had excet story line in special manga?
I want yes or no and why.

Haza
March 10th, 2009, 04:28 PM
It would most certainly be more mature but it would be a number of banned episodes and such. Also, Jessie being pregnant? No baby no...

The Ebon Blade
March 10th, 2009, 04:49 PM
hell ya! that anime would be so much more satisfactory then pokemon

Haza
March 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
The battles and appearances are just so much better too. It would best if it was like an alternate series for the older crowd.

Sea Guardian
March 11th, 2009, 12:13 PM
^It depends on which manga, how close they stick to the storyline and what the charater's voices sound like. Even If they totally trashed it I would still probably watch the first few episodes and marvel about how Ash isn't in it.

Feathing
March 11th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Of course yes!!! I would definitely see it!!!
I love Pokemon Special Manga, it's a lot better than Anime, so it would be great to see it in animated format. And it wouldn't be banned if they rated properly

I always say it, if one day I'm very very rich I would buy the copyrights to turn Special into an Anime ^^

mbc2085
March 11th, 2009, 02:56 PM
It would most certainly be more mature but it would be a number of banned episodes and such. Also, Jessie being pregnant? No baby no...

.If you ᶁislike me theƞ it's quite obɣious that you are jealous.

SPecial. please read whole thing.

bubblewrap
March 12th, 2009, 08:36 PM
That would be pretty cool, but I hope they don't sugar coat it like they did with Ash.. >.>

I agree with Haza, there should be a seperate anime for the older people. c:

Wolfwhispers
March 12th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I would so love that! ... but unfortunately, the storyline is too mature for it to be put on the anime. I mean, the evil guys are actually evil and get away with stuff (which is apparently too much for pokemon, especially now), and there are sometimes even deaths. I would love to see a mature pokemon episode that interests teenagers, but I just can't see it happening.

Avegaille
March 13th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I would so love that! ... but unfortunately, the storyline is too mature for it to be put on the anime. I mean, the evil guys are actually evil and get away with stuff (which is apparently too much for pokemon, especially now), and there are sometimes even deaths. I would love to see a mature pokemon episode that interests teenagers, but I just can't see it happening.

Not necessarily.

If Pokemon's age target group were teenagers in the first place (before the actual anime itself is released), the production staff who plans to turn the manga into anime wouldn't have problems with censorship and all that crap and just go on and well, produce it. I've seen worse and they still air it in Japan. Huh? xP

Since the notion of Pokemon "is plainly for kids, we cannot ruin their innocent little minds" is already there, it's actually almost to the point of impossible for anyone else to turn the manga (PokeSpe or any other manga you have in mind) into anime.

But if you ask me, my answer is this: If Pokemon's age target group were teenagers, I would love to see an anime version of the manga, whatever it may be... ;x

Sea Guardian
March 13th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hmm, if you think about it Pokemon probably started out as a game made for people older than kids because the system started out complex (and it just keeps getting more complicated) not to mention that the whole story line is about catching monsters and making them fight each other. I think that the idea that Pokemon is just for kids is false and if the PokeSpecial Manga was turned into an anime it would be great to show the world that Pokemon can be for older people too.
On the other hand I had this dream the other night where they did turn it into an anime but they butched the entire thing, it scared me a little.

invisible-chan
March 13th, 2009, 07:56 PM
.... I don't think I'd care. I'd watch it, but considering it would be the anime based off of the manga based off of the game... I'd just pray that it doesn't go too far, though I'd probably end up pissed either way.

OokamiShipper
March 14th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Ah! Base the anime off the PokeSpe! NOW!!!
It's just so much better, different main characters in each arc, funnier, more realistic. And better for the older audience.
I want see Red and Yellow animated, that's all I ask

Fusktacular Frizzlee
March 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM
yeah id love to see animated pokemon manga especialy Gold and Silver

bubblewrap
March 14th, 2009, 04:51 PM
On the other hand I had this dream the other night where they did turn it into an anime but they butched the entire thing, it scared me a little.

OMG.
That is a scary thought. *shudders*

Asgard
March 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Yes yes yes yes~! 8D Yes even though I usually hate animes when compared to mangas. Yes even though I never watch TV, even on the internet. Why?
Because then Silver (well, his character design) would get more
than a silly
two second cameo
in the Japanese opening
of a horrible sub-series
D:<
And it would be amazing. :'D

Plus, then I could force it upon watch it with my friends~ Seeing as it's hard to make them read 334 (or something) chapters. -u-;

Sea Guardian
March 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I almost forgot how animes have penings I've been reading manga so much, yeah that might ruin it. But I have to admit it would be nice to see the characters in color all the time and move
OMG.
That is a scary thought. *shudders*
Yeah... It was an awful dream. The worst was the Yellow arc, let's just say Yellow wasn't flat chested O.O
...Forget I said anything...

OokamiShipper
March 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I have something I want to see...the part where Red went shirtless shippy moments of course!

Yeah... It was an awful dream. The worst was the Yellow arc, let's just say Yellow wasn't flat chested O.O
...Forget I said anything...

Oh god, I don't think I can...xD

The Hero Without a Name
March 15th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I would.

god save us from all of those fillers that would result when the anime catches up with the manga

Ozzy
March 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Yup yup yup. I definitely would.

No doubts. No reason why I would.

mbc2085
March 16th, 2009, 10:55 AM
hey they can't catch the 10 year old manga within time

Fuyu
March 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I'd see the anime if it was based on Pokemon Special. There are very few anime out directed toward teenagers. Those that are get turned into a child-like kind of show (except for Bleach, Death Note, etc) by the companies that dub things in either language. Pokemon Special makes that nearly impossible with all the violent scenes and mature theming.

Besides, there are some characters I want to be animated, like Silver, Gold, and Yellow and, like OokamiShipper said, see shirtless Red :D.

pong08
March 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I have something I want to see...the part where Red went shirtless shippy moments of course!

YES YES!! MUAHAHAHAHA! God I'm so evil lol, but I would be really down with the pokespe version of the anime..... if that ever happens.

Sea Guardian
March 17th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Now that you guys mention it I think the fillers and dubs would kill me inside. Especially if the do them as bad as Naruto.
<3 Shirtless Red... <3
Lol, sorry for the disturbing image.

Mitchman
March 17th, 2009, 11:21 AM
If it features an animated flannery wading around in the hot spa and coming out with only a towel im in! Otherwise if they kill it no no no. But imagine the animated epciness of the badge machine. Kind of all dbz but pokemon at the same moment. Oh i need it now apparently.

OokamiShipper
March 17th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I've started the shirtless Red fangirl riot! >D

Lol, sorry for the disturbing image.
No worries, a non-flatchested Yellow doesn't really get to me anymore. (I wonder why? *glares at Ginga*) xD

Asgard
March 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
If it features an animated flannery wading around in the hot spa and coming out with only a towel im in! Otherwise if they kill it no no no.

My thoughts are that even if they kill it and it's horrible and there's fifty billion fillers, at least it'll be amusing to giggle at :'D

PSM
March 18th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Oh gosh. That would depend. I'd see it just to see how good it is, and I'd judged whether to wake up at saturdays just to watch it. And if they change the plot (by not switching main characters because one can only take so much red) and their voice actors (If ruby ends up sounding like a wanna be girl or a buff guy I'm gunna FREAK )

bubblewrap
March 26th, 2009, 08:28 PM
(If ruby ends up sounding like a wanna be girl or a buff guy I'm gunna FREAK )

I think everybody would freak. xD

RYOUKI
March 26th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Ofcourse I would. Pokemon Special is my favorite manga.

I'd love to see the Ruby/Sapphire Arc.

nhahtdh
March 27th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Yes. It would be cooler than "recycling" the old Ash on anime for every single generation.

Spectacular Hero
April 6th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Well just as the title says, would you, and if so what changes would you think should be added to it so that the episodes are longer, in fact should they fuse different chapters to create one whole episode or just make an episode out of every chapter there is.

If you don't you can just say I reason why you don't want to.

I personally would like it since, well we need a better Pokémon anime and I think that considering all the action the manga has it'll be cool if we could see it in motion and it'll be cool if we could actually see the characters talking and moving like if they were real

Beco
April 7th, 2009, 12:40 AM
It woud certainly make the manga more popular, and maybe Pokémon as a whole. It might be just me but the current anime is just to childish and repetitive to entertain.

Every episode could contain one chapter, and it could maybe add to the manga, longer battles, more character interaction etc...

mbc2085
April 7th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Dude your tresspassing what i wrote. i already created same thread with same topic look for it

Spectacular Hero
April 8th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Sorry I didn't know, sorry

mbc2085
April 8th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Its alright it happens sometimes

T3h Kaiser
April 8th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Dude your tresspassing what i wrote. i already created same thread with same topic look for it

I think you're confusing "trespassing" for some other word.

Regardless, your thread is pretty old now. Bumping it would be thread necromancy, which is frowned upon in most parts of the interweb.

As for the topic itself, no, I don't want to see a Pokemon Special anime. I think it works well just fine as a manga; some things just wouldn't transition well like that. Do I wish the anime took more inspiration from the manga? Heck yeah. But overall, they should be seperate.

iwuzhere9
April 9th, 2009, 12:51 PM
It'd be cool, but I really would only want Pokemon Special to be released regularly in America again (or faster scans of whats out there XD)

Wyyrlokk
April 13th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Regardless, your thread is pretty old now. Bumping it would be thread necromancy, which is frowned upon in most parts of the interweb.

As for the topic itself, no, I don't want to see a Pokemon Special anime. I think it works well just fine as a manga; some things just wouldn't transition well like that. Do I wish the anime took more inspiration from the manga? Heck yeah. But overall, they should be seperate.

I really couldn´t see anything bad on necromancy. o_Ô

Well. I would support any attempt to make eiter the anime more matured or to make an new anime which shouldn´t be exactly Pokemon Special but should recline to it, showing the Pokemon World as a more dangerous place.

Achamo~Torchic
April 13th, 2009, 04:37 AM
I really want to see pokespe in anime :(
REPLACE THAT DUMB ASH!!!

Pochama95
April 13th, 2009, 02:17 PM
It would be better if the manga was an anime because its better than the anime series they got now. The adventures of Red, Gold, and Ruby are more realistic and deadly than the mild story of Pokemon with Ash. I'm still waiting for Diamond and Pearl to come out in english.

Spectacular Hero
April 14th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah and it'll be cool to see Zapmolcuno in motion

nssfleahedgehog
April 15th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I'd love the manga to become an anime! The current Pokemon anime sucks, and kinda disgraces Pokemon as a whole. The manga is the best Pokemon franchise (aside from the games of course), and if lame people from my school knew how awesome it was, Pokemon would be less of a childish laughing stock to scummy American teens. Viz, you are EVIL!!!! The only good you haven't deprived me of is MÄR and Tenchi Muyo!!

Um, any way Pokemon Special would be sweet as anime. I've already thought of how to do it!

ShinjisLover
April 15th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Nah, not really. There are plenty of Pokémon spin-offs out there. Besides, it should just be left in the manga. I like it and all, but meh.

Raibutai
April 15th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I agree with Shinjislover... An anime based on the manga would be nice, but would they really go back to Kanto and do away with the hundreds of episodes made earlier?

I don't think so...

Drew
April 19th, 2009, 10:46 PM
That would be awesome!

Simply because it's a break from the norm, (Ash-tachi) and would probably be a bit darker.. seems better for older fans.

I'd love to see the manga special made into an anime. :3

It would give me a reason to watch the anime again, because I don't care for DP.. unless maybe Shinji is in the episode. o_O

Mitja K
April 21st, 2009, 02:43 AM
Nah it should stay as it is. The Anime is good, but not awesome, hey nobody is perfect:). The Anime should just have some more spice, like more romance (not that with Brock) and Drama.

Sloofish
April 24th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I'd love to see it. But the fact is, they wouldn't air it probably anywhere else than in Japan. They didn't even want Dawn to wear the clothes she is now, in the English version. They were thinking of giving her long sleeves and PANTS. But minds were eventually changed..

To reveal breasts, people getting pregnant, people dying, blood shed and all of that would be a definite OHNOES to American public. People tried to get NARUTO taken off the air because of the character Gaara.

It would definitely only be for release on DVD and never appear on television if they did make an English version. Which is crappy but fans who really want to see it could buy the DVD or watch subbed Japanese episodes--that could work out.

However, more on topic of if/why I would watch it, I certainly would. I get the feeling Blue's using a Gameshark somehow, she's an incredibly awesome character. Yellow's absolutely adorable.. and I think even Platina is a bit cuter than Dawn. Red--sure.. he's not Ash. But Silver completely blows Paul out of the water. I would absolutely LOVE to see it! And to have them fix the whole thing about changing Blue's name to green/leaf would be perfect.

Oh, but you can only dream.

Psyburn
April 24th, 2009, 08:40 AM
idk...never read the manga, but heard it has better story.

I just dont get much satisfaction from still pictures as much as I do from animation and audio. Thats just me....though I can pick up captain america once in a while, because I never see this guy nowadays.

I'd love to see it. But the fact is, they wouldn't air it probably anywhere else than in Japan. They didn't even want Dawn to wear the clothes she is now, in the English version. They were thinking of giving her long sleeves and PANTS. But minds were eventually changed..

To reveal breasts, people getting pregnant, people dying, blood shed and all of that would be a definite OHNOES to American public. People tried to get NARUTO taken off the air because of the character Gaara.

It would definitely only be for release on DVD and never appear on television if they did make an English version. Which is crappy but fans who really want to see it could buy the DVD or watch subbed Japanese episodes--that could work out.

However, more on topic of if/why I would watch it, I certainly would. I get the feeling Blue's using a Gameshark somehow, she's an incredibly awesome character. Yellow's absolutely adorable.. and I think even Platina is a bit cuter than Dawn. Red--sure.. he's not Ash. But Silver completely blows Paul out of the water. I would absolutely LOVE to see it! And to have them fix the whole thing about changing Blue's name to green/leaf would be perfect.

Oh, but you can only dream.

Adult Swim...Sci Fi's animonday block.....w/e happened to anime unleashed on G4? :P

Wyyrlokk
April 25th, 2009, 12:33 AM
No worries, a non-flatchested Yellow doesn't really get to me anymore.

Well, if Yellow wouldn´t be flat-chested, even Red should notice she´s not a boy... (Which means a lot, doesn´t it? ^^) So it would be unreal, even in a typical anime. xD

Fiery Fiend : Jazz
May 18th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Of course I'd watch it!
Pokemon anime with Ash is what ruined pokemon in the first place
What with all that slow-talkingness of everyone
It was almost like Paou-kay-maaaun everytime they said the word

Yeah and they could have all those chapters called the last battle or the final battle as movies, that'll be sweet