PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Emerald players!

Daystar
March 13th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Hi folks, I have a question For those who have bought emerald out of a retailer... When you start up emerald and you get to the main menu, does it say that the save file is ok and it will continue from where you last saved?

shanecdavis
March 13th, 2009, 08:55 AM
No. Sounds like you have a fake game. The easiest way to tell is the color of the cartridge. If it isn't a see-through Green you are in trouble. Here is an example:

http://light.cvgrenier.com/bootleg/real_VS_fake-6.jpg

If they faked that well enough, the best way to check is to look inside the cartridge from the bottom and examine the card (it is the thin piece that connects inside the slot of your GBA/DS that you can see at the bottom of the picture above). Above the gold circuitry it should say 'Nintendo'.

PokéMartin
March 13th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Harsh. I accidently bought a bootleg FireRed from eBay... won't be making that mistake again!!

~Frozen Darkness~
March 13th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Didn't I answer the question you asked a while ago?

If ANY POKEMON ROM SAYS "The save file is OK", IT MEANS THAT THE GAME IS FAKE!

Wichu
March 13th, 2009, 11:59 AM
All real Pokémon games will go straight from the title screen to the load screen, except copies of R/S/E where the internal battery has run dry. If that's the case, the message you get will explicitly say that; otherwise, if it just says 'The save file was loaded' or something similar, it's fake.

Dragonbane
March 13th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Lol. Get it from a store or a (trusted) friend.

GreenStorm
March 13th, 2009, 04:36 PM
No. Sounds like you have a fake game. The easiest way to tell is the color of the cartridge. If it isn't a see-through Green you are in trouble. Here is an example:

If they faked that well enough, the best way to check is to look inside the cartridge from the bottom and examine the card (it is the thin piece that connects inside the slot of your GBA/DS that you can see at the bottom of the picture above). Above the gold circuitry it should say 'Nintendo'.

This tells me that my Ruby and two Emerald cartages are fake...

I concur. Yours must be fake.

Daystar
March 14th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Ok, thanks... I just needed it reconfirmed, as the seller of the item has told me that it is definately the real deal. Obviously not.

BHwolfgang
March 16th, 2009, 03:11 AM

If they faked that well enough, the best way to check is to look inside the cartridge from the bottom and examine the card (it is the thin piece that connects inside the slot of your GBA/DS that you can see at the bottom of the picture above). Above the gold circuitry it should say 'Nintendo'. Woah! My friend has the fake one!

Well, thanks for showing this. I gotta tell her now.

Dakota
March 16th, 2009, 11:45 AM
My friend made that mistake. xD. Just like what everyone above me said, if it isn't green, then its bootleg. xD

If life were only this simple..... xD

NeoSeeker
March 16th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I bought a used one from vintage stock and it was fine. It still is even though I have had it 3 weeks.

omany
March 17th, 2009, 10:01 AM
whats the diffrents >?< " sorry my english not well "

Wichu
March 18th, 2009, 08:22 AM
The fake ones generally don't have internal batteries, meaning you can't do any time-based events, such as growing berries or doing the lottery. Also, the memory chip is often unreliable, which means your save file will often be randomly deleted. Finally, if you start up D/P/Pt with a fake Pokémon game in the GBA slot, it will automatically delete the fake game's save data.

evilishan
March 20th, 2009, 06:38 AM
It works for me, probably because I have a legit one.

Haz
March 20th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Damn it. My Leaf Green and Emreld r fakes :(

Zowayix
March 20th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I remember getting a fake Emerald off ebay, and after "PRESS START" it said "The game can be played." before saying Continue/New Game. Also, it would randomly delete the save file. Fortunately though, I managed to get a refund.

Haz
March 20th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Thats what mine does bu only deletes itself if:
1. Game cartige gets pulled out of slot while playing
2. Gets a knock
3. Randomly

But my LG wont save. AT ALL!

World King
March 20th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Well, some fake games are also green see-through ones, but they can be spotted with a trained eye. I have a real and a fake, Emeralds, and they kinda look the same. Except the real one says "Nintendo", of course...

EmeraldPlayer69!
March 21st, 2009, 08:40 AM
aww. So thats why my l/g won't save...

Sloofish
March 21st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Luckily I have the real one. But if I want to play any game, I'm not going to waste money on it. That's why this site is here with it's own Pokemon ROM versions. If I want fake, it's right here where I can get it for FREE.

mervyn797
March 21st, 2009, 11:28 PM
didn't get anything like it

Lt. Silver
March 22nd, 2009, 03:20 AM
There can be fake ones which work fine, untl you joyfully place it in the ds's gba slot

Cheesymitten
March 22nd, 2009, 03:43 AM
My friend said there was some way to do it using a way like you can put shiny gold on your GBA he said you could permantly make a save file on it.
Is it true?

Lt. Silver
March 22nd, 2009, 03:46 AM
If you have a flash card you can put a hack on it. This probably isn tthe place to discuss this however

MEGAS
March 22nd, 2009, 04:14 AM
Fake.And here a big warning when you bootleg Emerald,after you defeated the Elite 4,you have 75% chance that your save file will be deleated and 35% chance that your save file will stay undealeted.

Wichu
March 22nd, 2009, 04:52 AM
Fake.And here a big warning when you bootleg Emerald,after you defeated the Elite 4,you have 75% chance that your save file will be deleated and 35% chance that your save file will stay undealeted.

75% + 35% = 110%?
There's no set chance; it's just random. And learn to add :P

pokelurker224
March 22nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
This has nothing to do with bootlegging, but is really a testament to how sturdy the games are made. I have an Emerald cartridge that says upon loading, "The internal battery has run dry. The game can still be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur." I checked, and it's a true blue Emerald. The only difference? It went through the washing machine! And it still works. Nintendo knew what they were doing when they made their games. They still do.

(Dusty<3)
March 22nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Uhum...maybe this should be closed now, someone?
It has been epically spammed with a disscusion, which this thread wasn't meant for. The owner got is answer, said thanks, and is clearly done with this....so~....yeah.
._.