PDA

View Full Version : pokecommunity best pokemon site?

AdamHays
September 11th, 2004, 09:03 PM
i think this is the best pokemon site i have ever come across this covers everything and there lots of members to answer your question and ask you questions.whats your opinion on the pokecommunity?

Thomas
September 11th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Techically this is not a pokemon site...it is a forum for all the community sites. I think the best pokemon site is voad.net and pokevillage.net

Ryoutarou
September 11th, 2004, 10:11 PM
I allways thought it was Joe's site? Serebii seems like a good site, though it does also seem like a lot of other sites as well...

aRedMoon
September 11th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Techically this is not a pokemon site...it is a forum for all the community sites. I think the best pokemon site is voad.net and pokevillage.net
*blinks at the second one*

And my personal fav is... none of 'em. I just browse Serebii, PPN, and VRoad depending on my mood.

AZSupraT
September 12th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Serebii, Pokeschool, PPN, Zapchu, and Pkmn-Source are my favs... I have nothers though

Castrainer
September 12th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Pokeschool is my Favourite :P
I just go to Serebii to see some new stuff >_>

salamenceruler04
September 12th, 2004, 01:13 PM
I think pokecommnuity is the easyiest to work..the other sites ive gone to..the forums are complicating to get were you want to go...but i gues that just because im used to this site

Arcanine
September 12th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Forum: Come on I am a Praetor here and this was the only forum I ever wanted to be a Mod at so PC is my fav. XD
Site: Like JK I have no fav, but I do go to PE2K (O_O me going to PE2K? O_O) some to find some stuff because all the Community sites takes forever to load (V-Road takes the longest for me I think) and SPP is also slow so I am left with PE2K because it loads faster then the Community sites.

aRedMoon
September 12th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I only go to PE2K for the sprites. >_>

Geometric-sama
September 12th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I don't visit any Pokmon sites o_O... yeah, I'm a bad Pokmaniac XD. All the news I get on Pokmon comes from Google news alerts o_O

Soph
September 13th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Forum: Come on I am a Praetor here and this was the only forum I ever wanted to be a Mod at so PC is my fav. XD
Site: Like JK I have no fav, but I do go to PE2K (O_O me going to PE2K? O_O) some to find some stuff because all the Community sites takes forever to load (V-Road takes the longest for me I think) and SPP is also slow so I am left with PE2K because it loads faster then the Community sites.
PC is my fave forum on earth and always will be.
My fave site is www.marillsworld.com (http://www.marillsworld.com) my freind owns it and I work there.

Rukario
September 13th, 2004, 11:09 AM
well even i (used) to have a fav.. but these days i guess my fav is my site.. and if you haven't REALLY checked it out, your missing a lot.. PPN has over 2000 pages of poke info and "stuff" so heh.

Aside from PPN i will visit filb.de and sometimes spp (to see what he's got up)

Casey
September 13th, 2004, 11:51 AM
For me the best pokemon site is SPP (SerebiiNet). Joe has a lot of info and pictures there. I can find everything what I want.

Nessie
September 13th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Yes if we are talking about a pokemon site, serebii is still the best othere pokemon site, the pokedex is great.

If we are talking about a best pkmn forum i think this one is the best, serebii forum is really bad, and so do their mods and admins.

Casey
September 13th, 2004, 12:03 PM
If we are talking about a best pkmn forum i think this one is the best, serebii forum is really bad, and so do their mods and admins.

Serebii wants me as a Mod again, but other his Mods and Admins said sharp "NO". They hate me so so much. I have never been a friend with them and sometimes I have been bad to them so now they wanna a payment.

Nessie
September 13th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Serebii wants me as a Mod again, but other his Mods and Admins said sharp "NO". They hate me so so much. I have never been a friend with them and sometimes I have been bad to them so now they wanna a payment.

Yes i know, you were the best!!, but you know all what happend there sweet, as a friend advice, don't go back there...you know what i mean.

BigBoss
September 13th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Serebii's Forums have ALOT of people online...... too many people to mod, I would'nt wanna be one one there.

Kairi
September 13th, 2004, 01:14 PM
I visit Meowth’s site sometimes since I kinda know him and Mel, but otherwise I really don’t check. Though I should be encouraging you to visit all the community sites. I like Zappy’s, and her ToS page is cool. X3

Thomas
September 13th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I like this site the best cause it is really big...but there is some downfalls to it but in spite of them i really like it.

Iveechan
September 13th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Personally, I like the info on Serebii, though Serebii himself can act sort of big-headed sometimes. Pokemon Forever is nifty too.

As for forums... all the forums I visit have let me down at some point.

Geometric-sama
September 13th, 2004, 08:22 PM
I don't visit SPP for two reasons:

1. My school blocks it o_O
2. I find it impossible to find any info, as the layout/navigation is so hard to use...

Yeah.

Serebii
September 14th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I don't visit SPP for two reasons:

1. My school blocks it o_O
2. I find it impossible to find any info, as the layout/navigation is so hard to use...

Yeah.
You cannot honestly be serious

The Layout and Navigation is basic and easy to use

How on earth do you find it hard

Hiroshi Sotomura
September 14th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Hey Joe, tried some things like collapsible menus or layouts that are easy on the eye? Dark layouts are a bit too tense. Maybe provide different layouts for different people?

Oh well. Her school blocks everything apparently, Joey. As for your layout, I do find PiPikachu didn't do his best for "small resolution" friendly things, as the site seems to be one big table with lots of divided cells. Put tables in tables, that's what I suggest.

Shall we move off that topic soon?

Serebii
September 14th, 2004, 07:59 AM
The next layout we are brightening it up abit

However everything else is fine. Works on 800x600 and above

Nessie
September 14th, 2004, 08:07 AM
You cannot honestly be serious

The Layout and Navigation is basic and easy to use

How on earth do you find it hard

Take it easy XD, don't kill the girl beacuse she find it hard...maybe a LOT of info??, the site confuses me sometimes too, and i know it very well.

Castrainer
September 14th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Nah. I actually really like his Layout >_>
I think its very easy to use and Navigate... Maybe its just me XD
(Message to Serebii: The Super Smash Bros. Section is messed up =p)

Casey
September 14th, 2004, 08:44 AM
I remember, long time ago PiPikachu made a nice, blue (light) layout for SPP. I`m wondering- what happend with it.

aRedMoon
September 14th, 2004, 12:26 PM
This isn't a SPP thread...

Please get back on topic...

Geometric-sama
September 14th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Good idea....

Just let me make one more OT about Serebii? Just last time I looked at the site (December last year), I was after something in particular... pictures of something, I think... and I couldn't find it at all... so I just went to PPN XD

Haruka
September 16th, 2004, 04:53 AM
This isn't a SPP thread...

Please get back on topic...
Serebii.net Thread??????? ..... o.o

I hope this topic don't get as much off topic as the moderator lounge... o.o

aRedMoon
September 16th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Serebii.net Thread??????? ..... o.o

I hope this topic don't get as much off topic as the moderator lounge... o.o
You just made it more OT. >_>

And everyone was talking about SPP...

Chairman Kaga
September 16th, 2004, 01:49 PM
None, really...all the ones I've ever contributed to have eventually undergone drastic negative changes and I've been left as sort of an outcast when it all ends. I might visit serebii.net for an avatar pic every now and then or pokefor.tk for attack info, though, but nowhere mostly. All pokemon sites eventually become violent...

Geometric-sama
September 16th, 2004, 03:05 PM
How on earth does a website get violent? o_O

nayana_1120
September 16th, 2004, 03:21 PM
*comes in randomly*

Forums: I visit both SPP and here every day.
SPP has alot of active members and I have sprite threads I constantly reveiew. Sometimes I have issues over there though. Sometimes it bothers me big time. But I guess since that it's the first forum I ever joined, I'll always go there. SPP is addicting. x_x
Many have tried to quit only to come back to it. So that's why I never try. I can always cut activity though =P

Here has more stuff and people are friendly and the rules are definatley not as strict. I love the friendly atomosphere, and the 1000 character sig limit ^^ Sometimes I'm left wondering why I don't dump SPP with this place oO
And since the sprite section isn't as active (with stuff I can review) it's much easier to reveiw stuff XD

Site: SPP, hands down. Sometimes I don't like the forums but I always like the site. Constant updates and lots of info. ^^
I don't go on any other site for info. *feels odd by saying that* o_O;;

The other sites I have bookmarked are just fun stuff, usually artsy in content or have tons of pics that I can look at and save

Chairman Kaga
September 16th, 2004, 03:54 PM
How on earth does a website get violent? o_O

Allow me to clarify that. Websites with forums get violent towards me eventually, not the websites themselves.

Ryoutarou
September 16th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Allow me to clarify that. Websites with forums get violent towards me eventually, not the websites themselves.
Wait...but that never happened here you know right?

Kairi
September 16th, 2004, 04:15 PM
That seems like needless pessimism to me, since it hasn’t happened here, but to each his own. ._.

Geometric-sama
September 16th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Pessimism is good, but optimism is the best...

Iveechan
September 16th, 2004, 09:41 PM
It seems that no matter what, whenever I join a forum, I seem to offend somebody and get into huge arguments :/. Even at pregfur I think I offended some people when I was outspoken about how I didn't approve of that weird fetish stuff like expansion. TPM (pokemasters) is a bit too lenient and let people get away with flaming ALL the time. I've been flamed a lot there despite being a mod. I would like this forum better if it didn't have the useless reputation; it's one thing to report a member, but it's very annoying to have to see the terrible things people have said about you whenever you visit your user cp. I think the rep system should be abolished.

Kairi
September 16th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Funny you bring it up whenever is obsessing over their rep numbers. Heh.
I guess we never saw abuse of the system—it could almost be used for hidden flaming. Which, really it is a silly little thing, dunno why people stoop to using it. It can still be hurtful of course, no matter how you rationalize.

Star Crossed Dreamer
September 16th, 2004, 09:52 PM
This has to be the best site I've ever been to. Some of the other one's I wen't to had broken links or the server was down.

Iveechan
September 17th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Do I really bring the reputation issue up often? Oh, I see Serebii is viewing this thread, possibly trying to find ways to defend himself. Hi Serebii!

If I had beef with someone, I'd rather tell it in their face with a pm, not hide behind sissy reputation.

Geometric-sama
September 17th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Can't we put the option on for users to turn off their own rep again? o_O

Kairi
September 17th, 2004, 05:28 AM
I don’t even know why it was turned off—but I enabled it for members again last night when someone else came to me about it.

Purin
September 17th, 2004, 05:51 AM
I dont even know why it was turned offbut I enabled it for members again last night when someone else came to me about it.
Yay! I think I forgot something...thank you so much Kairi!
Iveechan: If you don't want to see those offending comments you should turn it off too ^^

Geometric-sama
September 18th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Thanks Abby. ^^ I don't see much point in rep anyway XD. I've noticed that people have been giving me more lately though for some reason...

Purin
September 18th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Thanks Abby. ^^ I don't see much point in rep anyway XD. I've noticed that people have been giving me more lately though for some reason...
It shows that you are being appreciated, as long as it isn't abused.

Arcanine
September 18th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Usergroups? *hits head* Now why didn't I think about looking there when I went to go turn that back on? XD

Pincushion
September 18th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Think/know it is the best pokemon Forum, as there isn't many, and this has such a big community, I love it here, I spend most of my internet time here, but The best Pokemon site would'n't be here, as its not actually a site!

Lily
September 18th, 2004, 10:44 PM
*reads all the posts here*

*blinks*

O_______O;

Er...right.

*was offended by some because she appears to have been a bad mod ;_;*

For forums...SPP and PC are the only ones I really participate in. ^_^; Many people saying SPP mods and admins are bad- ._. I can't really choose, it wouldn't be fair for one another, but truth be told, SPPf is addicting. x.X; And the site wins no questions ask. It's just so informative and all!

PC seems to have a friendly atmosphere though...

Meh. ^.^;

Casey
September 18th, 2004, 10:52 PM
but truth be told, SPPf is addicting. x.X; And the site wins no questions ask. It's just so informative and all!

Is not addicting for me!
Site is nice, yes. But on PC I have a lot of fun. Maybe we don`t have a lot of news about pokes like Serebii, but we have a lot of fun and here we are relaxed. We don`t have to think about sharp Mods, because here Mods are *very* nice, and about warning points. PC is great and almost everybody says that.

Ryoutarou
September 18th, 2004, 10:54 PM
In boards, PC wins hands down. In sites SPP is the best site I've ever found, though I'm not that fond of Joe himself.

Lily
September 18th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Is not addicting for me!
Site is nice, yes. But on PC I have a lot of fun. Maybe we don`t have a lot of news about pokes like Serebii, but we have a lot of fun and here we are relaxed. We don`t have to think about sharp Mods, because here Mods are *very* nice, and about warning points. PC is great and almost everybody says that.

mmm that's a tad bit offending considering I am a mod there...;_;...

Yes, people are getting a bit stereotypical about mods and admins there. For the last time, not all of us are that sharp ,and we're trying to fix that problem. Why do you think a majority of us had those same types of sig not long ago?

Meh. If that's how you think, but of course, I cannot disagree that PC is a friendly place...

Nessie
September 18th, 2004, 11:00 PM
I'm not that fond of Joe himself.

Ha, we are in the same boat XD...and yes, i know is not so ethic, to judge a complete community for personal reasons and stuff, but....bleeee who cares, if you don't like the staff, you can't have fun there, i am right or what?, yeah i know they will always say ''It does not matter, we have 4877753768 members, and everyday we receive 537175, so who cares about you leaving??''. yeah, people are just numbers...right?. :laugh:

Ryoutarou
September 18th, 2004, 11:00 PM
mmm that's a tad bit offending considering I am a mod there...;_;...

Yes, people are getting a bit stereotypical about mods and admins there. For the last time, not all of us are that sharp ,and we're trying to fix that problem. Why do you think a majority of us had those same types of sig not long ago?

Meh. If that's how you think, but of course, I cannot disagree that PC is a friendly place...
Well there is a sterotype, and then fact. Most not all mods and admins at SPPF are not that great and a lot of them are rude to newer members from what I've seen.

Lily
September 18th, 2004, 11:03 PM
...oi...

Nessie; you don't like the mods, then you leave? How quaint of you to put it like that...People are not just 'numbers'...The members are what makes UP a forum, to make it better. I think each member should count as much as the next.

blue; I stand by my word. I call it stereotype. >_>; From what you seen? I fail to see how that can count for the rest of the people...

Nessie
September 18th, 2004, 11:06 PM
...oi...

Nessie; you don't like the mods, then you leave? How quaint of you to put it like that...People are not just 'numbers'...The members are what makes UP a forum, to make it better. I think each member should count as much as the next.

I would like to have a big, bye bye leaving, but they even give me a chance...i was banned someday,when i try to enter, i was banned, the mistery is that i did not even post!, i was just visiting SPP to answer pm's of lost people, that i will never see again (never say goodbye to them thanks of it).

Only few of us knows....what happened.

Ryoutarou
September 18th, 2004, 11:07 PM
...oi...

blue; I stand by my word. I call it stereotype. >_>; From what you seen? I fail to see how that can count for the rest of the people...
WEll I've been a member there for a little over a year, I've had a good while to let my opion on it sink in. Most of the members are ok, there are a good number of spammy people there though. The staff are the only ones I have any real problem with, I dont like MOST of the mods, some of them are good, others are just to pompuis in their own "power".

Lily
September 18th, 2004, 11:10 PM
I would like to have a big, bye bye leaving, but they even give me a chance...i was banned someday,when i try to enter, i was banned, the mistery is that i did not even post!, i was just visiting SPP to answer pm's of lost people, that i will never see again (never say goodbye to them thanks of it).

Only few of us knows....what happened.

Nessie...you were banned because you broke the rules several times, although you may not have realized it. >_>; See? People don't know why they got banned, when they did get banend for breaking the rules, and later say it's not fair. ><; Well, if you break the rules too many times, you get banned. I'm sure PC follows the same policy. You can't have someone spamming and making pointless bashing threads all over the place and STILL not get banned. (my example)

EDIT

blue; yes, maybe to you some mods are like that...mm..

Back to topic now...>_>;

Ryoutarou
September 18th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Nessie...you were banned because you broke the rules several times, although you may not have realized it. >_>; See? People don't know why they got banned, when they did get banend for breaking the rules, and later say it's not fair. ><; Well, if you break the rules too many times, you get banned. I'm sure PC follows the same policy. You can't have someone spamming and making pointless bashing threads all over the place and STILL not get banned. (my example)
Well was he at least old why he was banned? I know his englsih isent that great, as is mine VV;;. So maybe having a mod that knows a diffrent language that most members know better then english.

Lily
September 18th, 2004, 11:14 PM
I am certain a mod told him what he had done wrong. A mod that knows a different language? I...kind of doubt it. Maybe for fun people can speak in different language, but most forums are international forums, speaking only english.

Nessie
September 18th, 2004, 11:14 PM

When i did complain?, i know i was cheeky (i don't like to be ''nice''), but i never made spam, i cursed a lot of times, and when i know i was at 1 warn point of get kicked, i stop posting, then i only pm, so tell me, why they give to me the last WP??, i was not posting at all....yeah, i know why they gave it to me, he, is still very funny to remember, but ok, i just telling you, that you don't know what i mean, few can understand it (the truth, is down there).

Lily
September 18th, 2004, 11:20 PM
When i did complain?, i know i was cheeky (i don't like to be ''nice''), but i never made spam, i cursed a lot of times, and when i know i was at 1 warn point of get kicked, i stop posting, then i only pm, so tell me, why they give to me the last WP??, i was not posting at all....yeah, i know why they gave it to me, he, is still very funny to remember, but ok, i just telling you, that you don't know what i mean, few can understand it (the truth, is down there).

Um, contrary to belief, you DID spam. o_O And if you are never 'nice'...o_o; Okay, something is amiss here. Nessie, you double posted, correct? That is spamming. I think that last one got you banned. Ness, don't try to stab the truth. :/ If you got banned, than that's that. End of story, as much as we try to deny it...;_;

now back to topic please. ^_^;...

Ryoutarou
September 18th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Like I said, SPP only works as a site, it dosent make a good board system. There are to many nubeish topics there, so in a sense the mods arent doing their job that well and yet they come down WAY to hard on some members that dont deserve it. Thats not to say PC is perfect, we have even admins that break rules, but it seems they are above the rules,VV. Even with it's problems PC is not as bad as SPPF, now we need to get back on topic.

Lily
September 18th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Oi. I thought we were dropping the subject. -_- It really does me no good people are saying SPP mods aren't doing their job, because in general you're referring to me then. I'm surprised really, how other forums say these things about the opposing forum. Meh.

Nessie
September 18th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Yeah, back to topic.

I said good things about PC, so,bad ones must be said:

-Spam, yeah, many spam and pointless threads
-Mods and admins are not perfect, they made mistakes, they breake rules like blue said, but still, they are nice to people.
-Clubs are not so controlled, many clubs are bad, or just pointless.
-Reputation system is pointless also (fun, but is not so necessary).

Personal opinions.

Ryoutarou
September 18th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Oi. I thought we were dropping the subject. -_- It really does me no good people are saying SPP mods aren't doing their job, because in general you're referring to me then. I'm surprised really, how other forums say these things about the opposing forum. Meh.
Out of the three big boards I go to (here,serebii,Toonzone) SPPF has the most undertrainer staff, Lily I'm not saying your a bad mod there, your acutally really good from what I've seen,sorry if anything I said before sounded rude ^^;.

Lily
September 18th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Mmm don't say sorry, guilty conscience is coming back. ;-; Meh shouldn't have bitten people's head off like that anyway. I know what you're saying blue, and it's entirely your opinion and all, whether it be fact or not, but I feel it is opinion. Ah well...

Good night now!

*yawns and leaves*

Ryoutarou
September 18th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Ya, it's choice, my choice is that PC and SPPF are both good boards, but PC you can have more fun and make real friends. SPPF seems more like a extension of the site not like a community for friends. Even though I have been at SPPF longer then PC, I seem more at home here...ok I'm getting just a tad bit to serious about this ^^. Ok back on topic...SPP is the best site I've been to along with PPN.

Geometric-sama
September 19th, 2004, 04:12 AM
PC is the only Pokmon forum I've ever visited, except for my own (which is more a cross-Anime one). I have to admit I've never gone near the SPP forums...

Casey
September 19th, 2004, 08:48 AM
I think, every forum has pluses and minuses. Also, we don`t need a huge war between fans and anty-fans of sppf.

SPPF

+ has a lot of news from pokeworld
+ no spam
+ more serious Threads and debates, not only "OMG!I have a crush" -.-
- very sharp rules
- Mods sometimes are very sharp also
- warning points
- no personal avatars
- not a fun for young kids

Pokecommunity

+place for fun and relax
+nice layouts
+friendly and helpful Mods/Admins
- SPAM
- Not a lot of info about news
- No chance for serious conversation.

PC and SPP are very different. How you see, SPP is for older fans and PC for younger. If you wanna talk about more important things than new crush and get a new info about pokemon- go to SPP. If you wanna play and have a fun- go to PC.

Do not fight about- which forum is better. Thank you.

AZSupraT
September 19th, 2004, 09:50 AM
THE TOPIC IS BEST POKECOMMUNITY SITE. As in PPN, VRoad, Zapchu, etc. This isnt a serebii forums vs PC thing. Either Get it back on track or I will close it.

If it was best forums thread, or best pokemon site, then go ahead talk about all that crap there. But please stay on topic to the 4 sites what make up the Pokecommunity. Thanks

AdamHays
September 19th, 2004, 10:12 AM
thats exactly why this is the best pokemon site cause it has great links to other pokemon forums.you dont ever need to leave to find information with all the other forums its covered.how does serebii always come up if you like it there so much why dont you stay there.

Casey
September 19th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Adam, so if I make freaky forum with a lot of links, it will be a good forum?

BTW, Pokecommunity is not a site. Its a forum.

AdamHays
September 19th, 2004, 10:25 AM
as long as it has all the info that members will need then yes.

Pokecommunity is a site cause it has .com

Arcanine
September 19th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Casey is right Adam. Pokemon Community is not a site, it's a forum. PC don't have links to other forums it has links to other sites (Community sites, links at the top of the page to sites).

AdamHays
September 19th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Well even if she is right i consider it a site cause it ends with .com
and say what you wanna say about me considering this a site, i dont care,its not like you know me.

Arcanine
September 19th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Well even if she is right i consider it a site cause it ends with .com
and say what you wanna say about me considering this a site, i dont care,its not like you know me.
PC is not a site, you might think it is because it ends in ".com" but it's a forum. PPN, V-Road, Zapchu and #free_pokemon are sites not forums. (and 2 out of 4 ends in ".net").
I'm right it's as easy as that (PC is a forum not a site, I am guessing you have not been around forums very long).
And no I don't know you, but I do know you have banned before (and more then once, but I'm guessing you don't care about that too).

aRedMoon
September 19th, 2004, 12:03 PM
PPN = Site
PC = Forum

End of discussion.