• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Project: Scratch PokeDex [4th Gen]

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
4th Generation Scratch PokeDex
Idea:
This idea of this is to remake the PokeDex to date with new poses. I feel that some are bland, and could be a lot more interesting. Also this is a nice database for any rom hackers to use pre-made sprites for upcoming hacks.​

Rules of this project:
  1. All sprites must be created from SCRATCH or modified so heavily it resembles no other pose
  2. All sprites must be 80x80
  3. All sprites must have a transparent background
  4. All sprites must be in either .png or .gif format
  5. All sprites must be in 4th gen spriting style
  6. All sprites in this thread may be used anywhere else.
    • If you wish for credit, please draw your name in the bottom left
  7. There can be as many different sprites for one pokemon as needed
Example:
Spr_4d_058.png
->
picture.php

The 4th Gen original (left) and my quick demonstration (right) are a good example of this project. I may also add a quick tutorial on anatomy and how i repose soon.​

Database:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lynx1

has significant angst
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Where would I be able to find the 4th gen sprites? I'd like to give something easy a stab, maybe Poliwag.

Lynx1

has significant angst
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Thanks. I'll start out with Doduo and Slowpoke if that's alright?

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
And in your thread i did mention i was going to start something similar. Now photoshop is re-installed i thought i would have a go.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
That was kinda copied from my idea....

Yes but his project is structured, clean, sharp and well presented, it has clear guidlines and a much more solid basis.

I'll be participating, I'll have a crack at Slowpoke, put him down as mine ;]

Wooopss

Someone already took him, nevermind.

I'll take uhhh, elekid.

Last edited:
Years
Meh, I'll give it a shot. I have a few ideas I'd like to try XD

One question, though.
There can be as many different sprites for one pokemon as needed
What's up with this? There are plenty of pokemon to go around, so wouldn't people doing the same pokemon just make the project go even slower?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years

One question, though.

What's up with this? There are plenty of pokemon to go around, so wouldn't people doing the same pokemon just make the project go even slower?

Yea, but with reposes, each pokemon typically looks different XD

One thing I note:

All sprites must have a transparent background

Not everyone has a program that can do this. Photoshop will kill the border unless you start with an empty background, which very few people will do, a lot of people do these in paint.

You may want to offer to remove the background for people, or it will hinder a lot of submissions.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years

One question, though.

Yea, but with reposes, each pokemon typically looks different XD

Yes. This project is about variety. Wether it be from different pokemon, or different poses.

One thing I note:

Not everyone has a program that can do this. Photoshop will kill the border unless you start with an empty background, which very few people will do, a lot of people do these in paint.

You may want to offer to remove the background for people, or it will hinder a lot of submissions.

I remember someone linked to a site which could do that. I could not find the link and was hoping someone might post it again. I will offer that service until then.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Oh, hey, I've made a few of these, and I'd like to help out. :3 Anyone can use them with credit.

eeveescratch3ke3.png
pluslescratch2it6.gif
minunscratch2et0.gif
shayminscratchfn9.png
shinxscratch.png
raichuscratch.gif
luxioscratch.png

I have more if you like. (And yes, electric is my favourite type, why'd you ask?) It's actially pretty easy to do, even for you scratchophobes: just open up the sprite and draw a copy of it right next to it in another pose. Pretty easy, especially when you get the hang of it. I'll be willing to give tips, too, if you ask.

Now, I want the rest of you people to try! :x

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
Oh, hey, I've made a few of these, and I'd like to help out. :3 Anyone can use them with credit.

eeveescratch3ke3.png
pluslescratch2it6.gif
minunscratch2et0.gif
shayminscratchfn9.png
shinxscratch.png
raichuscratch.gif
luxioscratch.png

I have more if you like. (And yes, electric is my favourite type, why'd you ask?) It's actially pretty easy to do, even for you scratchophobes: just open up the sprite and draw a copy of it right next to it in another pose. Pretty easy, especially when you get the hang of it. I'll be willing to give tips, too, if you ask.

Now, I want the rest of you people to try! :x

pluslescratch2it6.gif

I am in love with this pose xD

Eevee and Riachu need some touch ups on the face, but part from that i like them.

But any chance of making them 80x80, and if you want credit please write who to credit on bottom left of the sprite. Small writing if possible (IE 3px x 3px per char, extending to a maximum of 5px x 5px for a larger character like an M)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
I love that sprite in particular~ Three guesses why.

Why all the silly stylistic restrictions? I dislike blank space, so my sprites are resized to be just the sprite inside the box. And can't you credit the creator on the list or something? Because really, I do not feel like opening all those sprites up again and wasting my time making minor edits. Just take 'em or leave 'em.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
  • All sprites must be 80x80
  • All sprites must have a transparent background
  • If you wish for credit, please draw your name in the bottom left
- 80x80 is the standard and when i add them into the list, it will look nice and organised
- Again, for the organization
- This is to more simplistic and its easier to keep credit if the sprite is taken.

If you do not wish to do it, i will for you.

Suzume

Fire Fist
Years
I remember someone linked to a site which could do that. I could not find the link and was hoping someone might post it again. I will offer that service until then.
It could have been me. :D Anyway, here's the site~
http://www.iaza.com/
If you download the sprite there and click 'transparent' you only have to choose the transparent color and it's done. ^^ It changes the format to .gif though.

I might also try some scratching for this project some day. :P

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
It could have been me. :D Anyway, here's the site~
http://www.iaza.com/
If you download the sprite there and click 'transparent' you only have to choose the transparent color and it's done. ^^ It changes the format to .gif though.

I might also try some scratching for this project some day. :P

Aha, thank you! .gif is fine, as it keeps just as much quality.
Do join! The more the merrier!

Lily!

moved
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2010
Sounds fun. I may just remake some of my favorites. Ninetales would be fuuun. :D​

Years
I've made 3: A Mew, Shuppet and Lucario

2l8c68m.gif
This Mew is awfully clumpy. Feel free to use it if you want.

116nqrr.gif
The Shuppet looks a lot better than Mew, but I don't think it's really good

But the Lucario; I'm REALLY proud of this :D
34xreiu.gif

Back