PDA

View Full Version : Would you play a game based on the manga

+Roxas+
March 21st, 2009, 11:07 PM
i think i would with all the charcters and the storyline

bubblewrap
March 22nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
Maybe I would. But, the manga is based on the game. I don't think Nintendo would switch it around. Well, they did Pokemon Yellow based on the anime, so maybe it could happen...

RubyJB88
March 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
That would be more like a Pokemon RPG than a Pokemon game.

bubblewrap
March 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Yeah..

Maybe it'd be cool, but I hope they don't make it crappy...

OokamiShipper
March 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Yes, a million times yes! But you could say the manga was already based of the games. Actually, not Yellow, if they ever decided to have a remake of Yellow, hopefully the plot would be based more off the Yellow arc.

Tinhead Bruce
March 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
For sure! It seems like it would be a fun idea.

metalaggron
March 27th, 2009, 08:52 AM
i would sure be complicated to make it
at the begining an option about who (of the dex holders)you're going to be

alexl321
March 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I think it would be a bit too confusing and redundant, if there was a game based off the maga based off the games. I love Pokemon Special for what it is, a retelling of the story of the games. An Anime based off of special on the other hand, even just a few OVA's, if done well, would be amazing. =3

I want to see Ruby moving around and talking! lol

But it should never be dubbed. XD

Daemon6
March 27th, 2009, 10:48 PM
it would take a long time to make it, but it would be cool to play a game like that

PokemonMichael
March 27th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah, i would play it, but at the start you pick reigon, dex holder, that stuff, u noe?

Nnoitra Jiruga
March 28th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Heck yes. I would fangirlgasm all over it x D
Maybe the Hero's Red and the Heroine's Yellow? : 3
Just a thought O :

Kyle Hyde
March 29th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Maybe the Hero's Red and the Heroine's Yellow? : 3
Just a thought O :

I second that, it looks like a nice idea =D
I'd play it, it might turn out even more addictive than Platinum.

pong08
March 31st, 2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah..

Maybe it'd be cool, but I hope they don't make it crappy...

That's when we get Square Enix to the work for the games and of course have the original storytellers to produce the story in the game and, and have either Nobou Uematsu or Joe Hisaishi do the separate soundtrack just for this game... OR HAVE THEM DO IT BOTH..... :D

RubyJB88
April 1st, 2009, 01:46 PM
Heh, imagine those cut scenes if they imitated the FF series.

Shen
April 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM
It wouldn't work as a traditional Pokemon game. Maybe as an action RPG - you control the Pokemon attacking the enemies while the trainer makes the switches. But that might take out the part where the trainers have to run around to not get killed.....

pong08
April 1st, 2009, 06:49 PM
It wouldn't work as a traditional Pokemon game. Maybe as an action RPG - you control the Pokemon attacking the enemies while the trainer makes the switches. But that might take out the part where the trainers have to run around to not get killed.....

That's a very good advice, because in the manga, trainers actually get hurt. And it makes everything more realistic.

Sea Guardian
April 2nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
^Yeah, and they could use a system like the Dijin system in Golden Sun (if no ones played that it's a really good game). I think it would apply nicely here =)

T3h Kaiser
April 2nd, 2009, 10:24 PM

I'm not seeing the downside to that.

Mr. bell
April 3rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
That could be pretty awesome, wouldn't you want to fight the BF Emerald style?

RubyJB88
April 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
I'm not seeing the downside to that.

I know, me neither. I'm just saying what this'll look like.

Adventure
April 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
There's a person here on PC who's making a PokéSupe hack, that's at least something :3 I don't know how far they've gotten though, haven't checked for a while.

GunSaberSeraph
April 3rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
^Yeah, and they could use a system like the Dijin system in Golden Sun (if no ones played that it's a really good game). I think it would apply nicely here =)

"Gold's cue stick let out a howl!" lol

But seriously, this idea sounds interesting. There could be something like, putting certain Pokemon on standby will allow you to do Combination attacks.

bubblewrap
April 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
^ That does sound interesting! I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for informing us rarris! c:

Sea Guardian
April 5th, 2009, 09:06 AM
"Gold's cue stick let out a howl!" lol
and then Guile was no more xD
But seriously, this idea sounds interesting. There could be something like, putting certain Pokemon on standby will allow you to do Combination attacks.
Yeah, people in the manga use their pokemon in combination attacks all the time so that would be a good system to use.

Really a hack based on PokeSpecial? I'll definally keep an eye on that.

Garaichu
April 14th, 2009, 11:24 PM
and then Guile was no more xD

Yeah, people in the manga use their pokemon in combination attacks all the time so that would be a good system to use.

Really a hack based on PokeSpecial? I'll definally keep an eye on that.

Whoa, think of all the thousands of combinations O_o I mean, 151 Pokemon with, what, over 150 attacks? It would have been awesome though :D

Hi everyone, im new here :3