PDA

View Full Version : The Best of Pokemon Adventures - Cut Short

KKN
March 29th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I read the scanlations for the original Pokemon Special (now known as Pokemon Adventures) manga before and really liked it. When I heard that it was being released in the US, I wanted them.

I just got my "Best of Pokemon Adventures - Red" the day before yesterday and read it yesterday, but I was rather disappointed. It was cut short! There were chapters that were missing from the original manga. You never even get the hint that the Pokemon League is evil (which I think is one of the most interesting things about the manga). You only see Red battle 1 gym leader (Brock). There are flashbacks to events that you hadn't even seen in previous chapters.

Had I not read the original manga before reading this, I would have been totally lost. Why did they do this to the manga? I can see why they may have taken out the chapter about Pokemon Tower due to the gore, however, if they did this for that reason, they forgot something on page 185.

I should be getting my "Best of Pokemon Adventures - Yellow" in soon. Sadly, it will likely have been cut short, too.

bubblewrap
March 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I heard that it was cut short too. It kinda sucks. :c
Since it said the best of, it was probably just chapters Viz thought were the best. But, I don't think they should do it, since it's pointless.

Ru-Kun
March 29th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Well that's why it's called the "best of" they don't have all the chapters just the "best of" the chapters even though those wern't exactly the "best" chapters I think there should have been some different ones.

adventure
March 29th, 2009, 09:34 AM
This is exactly why I'm so happy they might release the real volumes in US soon!

-.. at least I think I heard something like that?

Ru-Kun
March 29th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Might!? They are! I can't wait until that time! The first one comes out in July...I think...I'm pretty sure.

Vernikova
March 29th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Volume 1 is being released June 2nd and Volume 2 is being released August 4th.

KKN
March 30th, 2009, 04:17 AM
I wish I knew this before I bought "The Best of..." manga.

Maxim
March 30th, 2009, 06:14 AM
OMG!

MR. COLUMBUS DISCOVERED AMERICA!

bubblewrap
March 30th, 2009, 07:36 PM
OMG!

MR. COLUMBUS DISCOVERED AMERICA!

Random...

Any-who, I'm really excited for the REAL manga volumes to come out~

RubyJB88
March 31st, 2009, 12:53 PM
Random...

Heh, more like sarcasm.

Got confused with these re-releases and the other ones.