PDA

View Full Version : Ingame Sapphire team

StrickeN
March 29th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Well I found sapphire in a pawn shop a few days ago and decided to do something fun.

No legendary / No Starter Run.

But I've hit a wall... the team making

it's not a strong point of mine unless it's d/p/plt due to the fact that it's all a jumbled mess.

Ok the factors I've come into play so far is the fact that the special / physical charts are weird adn are still split by type and not the actual move itself.

but this is my team so far. and ideas etc.

PS: no EV's IV's in this due to the fact that ti's just a story mode play xD

Manectric
Modest
Thunderbolt
Hidden power bug
Quick Attack
[filler]

Manectric is probably the best electric type in all of 3rd Gen.
I'm not sure fo rhis moveset though. So ideas are appreciated.

Gardevoir
Modest
Tbolt
Calm Mind
Psychic
[filler]

I'm reallllly liking gardevoir. and I know almost every one uses it these days in 3rd gen but i've always liked it. It's stats are phenomenal and I really like CM sweeping. I'm considering a status move for the last slot such as hypnosis but not to sure.

Machoke
Jolly
Cross Chop
Bulk Up
Rock Tomb
Facade

Ok, I thought Machoke would be great for the E4 later on. He easily destroys 3 of the E4/Champion. Due to guts and lots of status hitters, i gave it facade. That makes him hit pretty damn hard later on :)

Azumarill
Mild
rollout
surf
bubble beam
ice beam

Ok I don't really know why i chose azumarill. I just atm am NOT liking it's stats. It's almost even level with my gardevoir with half the stats in almost everything. So i'd LOVE to toss it for somethign more appropriate. Maybe a special gyarados :p

My HM slave is currently tropius as it gives me access to almost everything ingame.

All help appreciated. Thanks

shanecdavis
March 29th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I would suggest a more diverse team. Suggestions in bold:
Well I found sapphire in a pawn shop a few days ago and decided to do something fun.

No legendary / No Starter Run.

But I've hit a wall... the team making

it's not a strong point of mine unless it's d/p/plt due to the fact that it's all a jumbled mess.

Ok the factors I've come into play so far is the fact that the special / physical charts are weird adn are still split by type and not the actual move itself.

but this is my team so far. and ideas etc.

PS: no EV's IV's in this due to the fact that ti's just a story mode play xD

Manectric
Modest
Thunderbolt
Hidden power bug
Quick Attack
[filler]

Manectric is probably the best electric type in all of 3rd Gen.
I'm not sure fo rhis moveset though. So ideas are appreciated.

I would suggest a different Pokemon altogether. Gardevoir has T-Bold, making Manectric unnecessary. Salamence or Flygon would balance out your team very nicely. Salamence is better, but you can get Flygon a lot sooner.

Flygon
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Quick Attack/Substitute
- Rock Slide

Gardevoir
Modest
Tbolt
Calm Mind
Psychic
- Hypnosis

I'm reallllly liking gardevoir. and I know almost every one uses it these days in 3rd gen but i've always liked it. It's stats are phenomenal and I really like CM sweeping. I'm considering a status move for the last slot such as hypnosis but not to sure.

Machoke
Jolly
Cross Chop
Bulk Up
Rock Tomb
Facade

Ok, I thought Machoke would be great for the E4 later on. He easily destroys 3 of the E4/Champion. Due to guts and lots of status hitters, i gave it facade. That makes him hit pretty damn hard later on :)

I wouldn't use Machoke unless you can trade and get Machamp. Otherwise Hariyama ends up being better all around.

Hariyama
Trait: Guts
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Cross Chop
- Fake Out/Facade
- Rock Slide/Rock Tomb/Substitute

Azumarill
Mild
rollout
surf
bubble beam
ice beam

Ok I don't really know why i chose azumarill. I just atm am NOT liking it's stats. It's almost even level with my gardevoir with half the stats in almost everything. So i'd LOVE to toss it for somethign more appropriate. Maybe a special gyarados :p

The stats should have been your RED FLAG. Swampert is easily the best option, but it doesn't fit the 'No Starter' rule. Milotic is a great choice, but only if you have the patience to catch Feebas and then grow berries in order to evolve it. Outside of those, I would go with Ludicolo.

Ludicolo
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain/Leech Seed
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Synthesis

My HM slave is currently tropius as it gives me access to almost everything ingame.

All help appreciated. Thanks
HM slaves: Tropius and Wailmer

Good luck.