PDA

View Full Version : The Weirdo in Mauville's Poke Center

SkythurBathandBeyond151
March 30th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I'm not too sure if this has been done or not so if it has please let me know.

What is the point of that guy in the upper left of Mauville's Poke Center?
Why does he change what he does?
What determines this?
And what has he done for you?

Swift!
March 30th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Copied from Bulbapedia.

The Storyteller

Inside the Pokemon Center sits a man calling himself The Storyteller who, in his own words, "tells tales of legendary trainers". He tells the player about records they have set as well as those set with other players they have mixed records with. When approached by the player, he will offer them choices of the records they would like to hear about as well as add a comment about it.

The Save-Happy Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times that the player has saved the game, he then comments that one will never find a more cautious Trainer than them

The Cut-Frenzy Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times that the player has used Cut, he then comments that they are a Trainer who just must love to cut.

The Move-Loving Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times the player has moved their secret base, he then comments that they are a Trainer who loves to move houses often.

The Cable Car-Loving Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times the Trainer rode the Cable Car to Mt. Chimney, he then comments that they must be a busy Trainer who's up and down all the time.

The Interviewed Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times the Trainer has been interviewed, he then comments that they must be attracting a lot of attention.

The Safari-Loving Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times the Trainer has went into the Safari Zone he then comments that they must have a wild side that comes out in the Safari Zone.

The Hot Spring-Loving Trainer- The Storyteller states the number of times the Trainer bathed in the Hot Springs, he then comments that they must be a Trainer with baby-smooth skin.

As for what he's done for me.
Absolutely nothing...

SkythurBathandBeyond151
March 30th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks

But he's never given you a tire for your secret base?

Swift!
March 30th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Honestly, I've only ever talked to him once.
When I first got to Mauville City...

SkythurBathandBeyond151
March 30th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Oh alrighty then.
Thanks for the info.

giradialkia
April 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah, he gave me a tire before in my Emerald. But i had to give him a decoration in return, and other than that he's done nothing. Add the fact that he's just really wierd... And you get a pointless character..:D

Cassino
April 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM
It's just to tell you exactly those things Swift has quoted, in case you want to know.
The tire is a unique item you can't buy.

The man has a lot more of a point about himself than most people in the game who just say random stuff.

Penumbra
April 8th, 2009, 01:47 PM
-Creeps into the thread-

Um. hi.
H-has he ever sung for you.
-blush-
LMFAO

he sings some jigglypuff-like tune
with some demented lyrics that make
absolutely NO SENSE.
T_T

He's so weird..

And it's always different every time
you start a new file...
Probably something in the trainer card.

kl
April 8th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I have no clue who he is. I havn't gotten around to anything other than platinum. But the man does sound interesting, maybe I should check it out.

SkythurBathandBeyond151
April 8th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah he has sung for me too.
Could you only change one word of his song?

shanecdavis
April 8th, 2009, 06:33 PM
What he does depends on your TrainerID.

Princess_Mai
April 8th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Copied from Bulbapedia.

The Storyteller

Inside the Pokemon Center sits a man calling himself The Storyteller who, in his own words, "tells tales of legendary trainers". He tells the player about records they have set as well as those set with other players they have mixed records with. When approached by the player, he will offer them choices of the records they would like to hear about as well as add a comment about it.

The Save-Happy Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times that the player has saved the game, he then comments that one will never find a more cautious Trainer than them

The Cut-Frenzy Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times that the player has used Cut, he then comments that they are a Trainer who just must love to cut.

The Move-Loving Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times the player has moved their secret base, he then comments that they are a Trainer who loves to move houses often.

The Cable Car-Loving Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times the Trainer rode the Cable Car to Mt. Chimney, he then comments that they must be a busy Trainer who's up and down all the time.

The Interviewed Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times the Trainer has been interviewed, he then comments that they must be attracting a lot of attention.

The Safari-Loving Trainer - The Storyteller states the number of times the Trainer has went into the Safari Zone he then comments that they must have a wild side that comes out in the Safari Zone.

The Hot Spring-Loving Trainer- The Storyteller states the number of times the Trainer bathed in the Hot Springs, he then comments that they must be a Trainer with baby-smooth skin.

As for what he's done for me.
Absolutely nothing...
The last one is very creepy. O.o He is watching us at all times even in things that should be private.

Madaara
April 9th, 2009, 04:45 AM
The Guy in Muaville Pokecenter is only worth coming to if you Mix Records with other people. If you dont then just forget about him.

There is the Legendary Storyteller
The Bard who sings about trainers
The Trader who trades room decorations

I cant remember anymore

Pheonix987
April 12th, 2009, 04:46 AM
the guy in my game recorded how many times i watched the tv. o_0

SkittyLover77
April 12th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Are you saying you have something against weird people!? D: *shot*

In my game, he just sings some freaky Jigglypuff-style song with weird lyrics. Not too interesting. /=

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 12th, 2009, 06:41 PM

In my game, he just sings some freaky Jigglypuff-style song with weird lyrics. Not too interesting. /=

lol, word and after that day I've stopped going to him, that pointless old fool

:t354:TG

pokerus34
April 21st, 2009, 01:57 AM
No offense to Pokemon... ;)

But...

He is the MOST USELESS CHARACTER I've ever seen... :)

Still, the only useful thing from him is that i got a TIRE from him! :)

I've read from an article/walkthrough that he changes what he does/says when you exchange records (RECORD CENTER)... :)

P.S. = "Will you trade items from me? Select one of the items: This item once belonged to ****." *sigh* What a weird guy... :)

GuruIPB
April 26th, 2009, 07:04 AM
u mean that crazy , hair standing , singer , lol?

True Reign
April 26th, 2009, 08:45 AM
He's pretty much useless unless you want a free tire, lol.

SkythurBathandBeyond151
May 1st, 2009, 04:18 PM
I kinda wish he was able to do more.. :cer_pissed:

ckret2
May 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM
Huh... he told me how many trainers I've battled. O.o

SoulRed12
May 1st, 2009, 11:47 PM
In my game (Emerald) he just goes on and on about random stuff...like jumping rapidash and flying pidgeys and majestic whatever...asks me whether I agree...

He never says any statistics at all...?

Pikachu™
May 2nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
For me, he starts singing this really weird song.

JezzaRules
May 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
He can be either the:
Bard
Giddy
Hipster
Storyteller
Trader

Dunno what else is there, but only the Trader is deemed useful to me.

BHwolfgang
May 6th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I only go there whenever I feel bored.

At least he says more stuff than the usual UCP's in the game.

RedDialga
May 7th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I only go there whenever I feel bored.

At least he says more stuff than the usual UCP's in the game.
I agree with that, plu he tells more interesting things than Prof. Birch.

Oddishinator151
July 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM
something with a car tire?

Mattysaurus
July 29th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Yah, he changes when you mix records with friends, I recall getting a tire.

Xebelleon
July 29th, 2009, 10:28 PM

This thread has LOL posts...

And the singing Jigglypuff from Yellow version is the best...

Anyhoo, I did get a tire. I have the three Hoenn games and like to have Trader, Bard, and Giddy.