PDA

View Full Version : Where to get the GBA pokemon games in australia?

splosh
March 31st, 2009, 03:55 AM
I can never find them around anymore, not even in like Target and places like that, because I missed out on some of them when they came out.. Don't wanna use eBay because of all the fakes floating around. I live in sydney if that helps.

JollyRoger25
March 31st, 2009, 10:28 AM
Have you tried a Gamestop, or is that just an American thing?

Formula380
March 31st, 2009, 12:09 PM
Or you could try Amazon.com. They can get a bit expensive though. I saw Pokemon Emerald for $100.00! Glad I bought mine when it came out..

Sebastien Loeb
March 31st, 2009, 12:17 PM
Mah, thinks that amazon.com is in absolute the good choice...

Swift!
March 31st, 2009, 01:05 PM
Fellow Sydney citizen to the rescue!

If you don't want to buy them online, you can try your local EB Games/GAME/JB Hi-Fi.
In fact, try checking their websites first and see if they have any. Even if they aren't at your local store, you can get them ordered in.

lolwut
March 31st, 2009, 03:08 PM
I know this is super off topic, but whats with your signature/avatar pictures?.....

splosh
March 31st, 2009, 08:49 PM
Fellow Sydney citizen to the rescue!

If you don't want to buy them online, you can try your local EB Games/GAME/JB Hi-Fi.
In fact, try checking their websites first and see if they have any. Even if they aren't at your local store, you can get them ordered in.

Hmm, they don't seem to be in stock..I would think that they would discontinue the games after some time, but I'll see if I can order them in. thanks!

I know this is super off topic, but whats with your signature/avatar pictures?.....

They're just men.

Yaziyo
March 31st, 2009, 10:37 PM
You could try second hand from EB.

If you live near parra westfield I think there is 2 EBs there and a "Game", so see if they have new and if they dont they might have preowned. I remember seeing some games store in Castle Hill that sold new copies of old games (I'm talking PS1 and N64 and stuff) so they would probably have GBA crap if you live anywhere near Castle Hill.

Eon-Rider
March 31st, 2009, 10:44 PM
If I remember correctly, EB Games totally cleared their stock of new and pre-owned GBA games several months ago. I may be wrong about the latter but I'm quite sure that they no longer sell new ones.

The Fallen
April 1st, 2009, 04:02 PM
Looks as though you're going to have to use ebay. Just buy from someone with high feedback score and good percentage. If not, wait for amazon to restock; if they do..

Yaziyo
April 1st, 2009, 05:25 PM
If you do happen to buy from ebay, make sure you buy from Aussie places, as there are a lot of hong kong sellers who sell fake games. Brisbane sellers often have fake games as well, so your best bet would be to find some guy selling his game rather than a store. Although if you do find ebay stores in Sydney, many of them have actual stores that you can go visit and buy from, if you don't want to buy online.

splosh
April 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
thanks for the advice all....i think I've managed to secure emerald from a private seller... but if there's anyone reading this that has a fire red/leaf green to spare PLEASE drop me a PM or something, I'll buy it off you for almost anything. :P