PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby

ariialii
April 4th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Can you trade from Pokemon Sapphire to Ruby and vice versa without beating the E4 and having the National Dex? Or do you need to complete both before you can trade between the two games?

Swift!
April 4th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Nope, you can trade right off the bat. There are no requirments for trading between Ruby and Sapphire.

ariialii
April 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
When I try trading between the games, I get as far as " Please wait..... B Button: Cancel" and nothing more happens.

Swift!
April 4th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Stupid question, but, is the game link cable connected and are they both turned on.

ariialii
April 4th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Indeed. Ive even checked to see if the cable is working still and it is. I am able to from blue to red.

Swift!
April 4th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Oh... you're using a GB Link Cable?
It think that's what's wrong, you need a GBA Link Cable for Advanced Generation games.

ariialii
April 4th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Hm. I dont understand though, the link has two different plug things. One that fits into the gameboy and the other into the gameboy advance.

Swift!
April 4th, 2009, 09:05 PM
What do you mean by that?
I have a GBA Link Cable and it can only connect two GBA's.

ariialii
April 4th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I have 4 connectors. Theres 2 for the gameboy(original gameboy the black and white). And the other two fit into the advance, though now that you brought up the issue of the cable maybe the other 2 are suppose to be for a gameboy color? And they just happen to fit into the gba.

Swift!
April 5th, 2009, 12:13 AM
That's probably what it is, cause my GBA Link Cable, like I said, only has two plugs made for the GBA.

pokerus34
April 5th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Arguing Like this wont do you good...

Hey ariialii, try checking your consoles if they have no malfunctions, then check your Link Cable.

No requirements are needed in the game for you to trade...

And, make sure to save before you link, and if you can, restart it first before you link...

Wait for the other one to get ready.

And make sure both GAMEBOYs are compatible with the LINK CABLES...

So nothing would go wrong... ;)

P.S. : I got a CHARIZARD, BLASTOISE and VENUSAUR from trade!

Swift!
April 5th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Arguing Like this wont do you good...

We weren't arguing, pokerus.

He was telling me what the problem was and we were trying to figure out what was wrong together.

ariialii
April 5th, 2009, 02:54 PM
We weren't arguing, pokerus.

He She was telling me what the problem was and we were trying to figure out what was wrong together.

I went out and got a link for gba only and it works now. I can transfer my pokemon. Thanks for the help .Swift =D

pokerus34
April 7th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Oh...
Sorry about that...
I was just concerned... :(
And sorry for the He/She Part :)

*Anyways... How's the Link Going??

Mine is just fine...

Now, i had a Kadabra from trade, and it evolved into Alakazam (now it's Level 47)*

Hope no problems exist in the future... And hope you trade well..
[*sigh* If i were your neighbor, id fix your problem! ;)]

P.S. "They Weren't arguing" Sorry! :)...