April 6th, 2009, 12:09 PM
If you like the tag team gym leaders Liza and Tate Join the club

Rules dont
spam or flame
have fun
Dont be rude either i hate rude people

Psychic*Absol
April 11th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Wheee, first one to join. =3 (And knowing my luck, a certain stalkersomeone might follow me soon). Tate&Liza are, well, not my favourite gym leaders (that spot's still reserved for Sabrina, mind you), yet they're close to the top of my list. =3 With being psychic gym leaders and so...

Vulpix
April 11th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Hey that stalker is me, and they aren't my favorite, but instead my third favorite. Anyway ya i'll join!

Psychic*Absol
April 12th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Hahah, nice try, but keep on trying. You're not my stalker. My stalker hasn't even posted here yet. >>
BTW, general question...how old do you think are Tate&Liza? I've heard nearly everything from 7-16....

Vulpix
April 12th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I think they are about 14. Oh and I may not be the number one stalker of yours, but i know take up the role of #2.

Psychic*Absol
April 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Heheh, funny, 14 is also the age I put them. ^^ They have to have been trainers for some time (in this case, 4 years) to be already gym leaders.

Nope, the number 2# place on my stalkers list is also taken. (Number 1# still hasn't joined the place, even though he's online right now. >>). You can take number 3# if you want. XD

Crazy Packers Fan
April 14th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Am I #1 or #2? Anyway, I'll join. Especially for Liza, I like her more than Tate. I picture them at 14, although as my fanfics go on they've grown to 16.

Psychic*Absol
April 14th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Theoretically, number #1, yet...*looks at Zammy, who suddenly appeared in the Groups forum*...
I noticed that you like Liza more...poor Tate is kinda getting forgotten in your fic. 0=)
Since my fanfic plays in 1999, when Johto was just 'found', I guess my Liza&Tate should be a bit younger. Though I don't even know if I'll include them yet...though, I said the same about Cynthia and look where *that* ended.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Yes, I'm #1 at something! And of course I like Liza more, it's only natural for me to like the girl more than the boy... but at least the two of them have different personalities rather than just being the same person. It may not be "canon," but that's the way I like it.

Psychic*Absol
April 14th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Number #1 at being P*A's stalker? Now that's an achievement! XD!!! Meh, I *should* like Tate more, yet, do I? Not really. I like both. =3 They're twins and thus, supposed to be kinda equal. Of course, it's up to interpretation. Like you said, the game clearly depicts them as being one unity, with them finishing each other's sentences, and that's how I see them, too. But still, it doesn't mean it has to be completely canon. Maybe they're different in the Manga.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 14th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I don't like the fact that they finish each other's sentences, it makes them just one person, when they should be two different people. I guess that's for humor purposes, but I am one writer (and probably the only one) who sees Liza as her own person, separate from Tate.

Psychic*Absol
April 15th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I remember that you don't like that...I kinda do, it's funny. And imo, it doesn't mean that they're *one* person, just that they're very close to each other and very empathetic.
Hey, my Tate&Liza (at least in my old fic) are different, too. Liza is tomboyish, while Tate, while he does support his sister, is calmer and uses more subtle teases than the obvious way of his sister.
Hard to explain without the fic, though. >>

Crazy Packers Fan
April 15th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Speaking of fics, are they ever going to show up in this fic you're writing now? Or will I have to wait for the future fic for them to show up?

Psychic*Absol
April 15th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Tate&Liza? (D'oh, who else, considering this is their fanclub...) I'm not sure. o,o In the current plot of the Summer sequel (you know, Winter--> Spring --> Summer), they're not included, yet the only characters that are included for sure and Sabrina, Will, Will's family, Morty and Lucian&Cynthia as cameos. So, not that much. XD
As for other fics...well, Liza will certainly be in TGP (aka The Golden Prince aka the future fic).

Crazy Packers Fan
April 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Assuming she doesn't die in my story, of course, right?

Psychic*Absol
April 15th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah, assuming this...yet I certainly hope she doesn't die. I don't *need* her that desperately, but Liza dieing would be shocking. And sad.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 15th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Any characters you desperately need to survive, BTW? I've guaranteed you Cynthia and Melody, Roxette and Roy... anyone else you really need, or can I kill 'em all?

Psychic*Absol
April 15th, 2009, 12:35 PM
XD Oh, great, that sentence is now going to stick in my head for some time... kill em all...oh, goodness...
Well, could you please not kill Diane? XD Don't ask, I got a plot idea about what might happen to her later...otherwise...heheh, I could even twist the story so much that it doesn't even need Sabrina& Will anymore, but that would just be too cruel.
And...care to stay on topic? Any chance that Tate will ever appear again? lol

Crazy Packers Fan
April 15th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Okay, Diane is now on the "safe" list. As for Tate, just for you, I'll make him appear soon enough, at least in a limited role. Maybe he'll be there to tease Liza the same way Liza teases everybody else.

Psychic*Absol
April 15th, 2009, 01:19 PM
A safe list? I won't comment anymore... ^^ Thanks, it's nice that you write things just for me. XD I wonder if Liza can stand being teased by her brother...sometimes, I think, Sabrina is close to strangeling her when she's annoying her and Will.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah, that will be fun to get through. But first I got to figure out how to get through the flashback chapter (actually flashbacks are easier to write), and then it's time to start killing! Or maybe not yet...

Psychic*Absol
April 15th, 2009, 01:35 PM
What's fun to get through? Liza's teasing? XD In that case, yes, completely agreed. I need such a character, too, yet right now, it's kinda Karen's job (don't laugh, it is).
Flashback chapters...hm...maybe one for Liza&Tate, too? Nah, just kidding. It wouldn't work with the current plot, anyway. ^^

Crazy Packers Fan
April 15th, 2009, 01:50 PM
How far back with Liza & Tate could I go, though? (14 years ago... they were in diapers... 13 years ago... they learned to speak... oh, forget it)

Psychic*Absol
April 15th, 2009, 01:59 PM
16 years ago...they were born...nah, I was kidding. A flasback chapter for them wouldn't fit into the plot anyway. And you're right, there isn't much to say about them, aside from maybe their gym leadership. They're quite young to be gym leaders.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Of course, the game would have you to believe that 16 is an old age to be a gym leader, so go figure. I like to picture characters at older ages, because after all, they act older than they're really supposed to be. And romances between 10-year-olds is... ick.

Psychic*Absol
April 15th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Oo It does? I mean, it has Pryce, and he is quite old...
I still keep them at 14, that's about the right age, I think. I don't really think they act more mature than they should be, but maybe your fanfic's Liza influenced me there a bit too much. XD
Yes, romance between 10-year olds is...too weird. >> And unbelievable. The youngest character in my fic to really fall in love was, in fact. 14. XD

Crazy Packers Fan
April 15th, 2009, 03:59 PM
That's why I hate Ash shippings and the like... too young! And that's also why I don't have a pairing for Liza... everyone else is too old for her. She and Tate probably won't be paired up as far as this story is concerned.

Psychic*Absol
April 16th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Meh, Ash may mature (*laughs* as if) and then we may get a pairing for him *hides from all the Pokeshippers- is Abilityshipper herself*.
*whine* I need a pairing for Liza at least. ;.; But there are no cute boy her age. ;.;
Same with Tate. Oh, wait...wait! Anabell seems to be his age...sweet. B-)

Crazy Packers Fan
April 16th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Maybe Ash and Liza can go together... both of them are pretty young... no, just kidding, I'd never actually want Liza to stoop to the low level of going out with Ash.

Psychic*Absol
April 16th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Ash and Liza?!?!?! D you want to scare me off? Never, never, never. x.x Rather Liza and Gary, and judging from how I hate Gary (sorry, your Gary won't be influenced by this I promise), that says a lot.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 16th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Better, but still bad. Gary I see as too old. I don't know, perhaps Bugsy? That's the only person I can think of right now who I'd pair up Liza with, and I don't think she'd appreciate that pairing all that much.

Psychic*Absol
April 16th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Well, Gary was not really a suggestion, I just choose him to show that I would rather get Liza a guy I hate than Ash.
Bugsy was also something I thought about, but now. Just now. >> I can't think of Bugsy the same way anymore now that I read 'Grasping The Moon' where he's kinda pervert. Not that the general Bugsy is that better...

Crazy Packers Fan
April 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM
There just seem to be no viable matches for our poor Liza... I can think of one for Tate, though... but first you have to guess. Here's a hint, she's appeared a few times in my stories, and she likes sports.

Psychic*Absol
April 16th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Meh, in the end, I'll pair her with a oc. XD That is still the easiest way.
o,o Casey? Oh, no, I don't like her that much. >> Rather Sakura then. You know, Espeon. ^^
Hey, now I have a pair for Liza! *snicker* Now you have to guess. Hint: Kanto character and Eevee.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 16th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Sakura I think is a little too old for Tate. Casey's just the right age.

I don't have a clue who has an Eevee in Kanto, though.

Psychic*Absol
April 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Sakura, too old for him? WTF? She isn't older than 14-17, really, not at all. o,o She's Misty's age.

Heheh, okay, I admit, he isn't that easy to remember. Mikey, the youngest of the eevee brothers, who didn't want to evolve his eevee. His was kinda shy and cute and all. ^^I think he and Liza could get along. ^^

Crazy Packers Fan
April 16th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Maybe he could get along with her, I don't know, I just don't remember him. I'll have to find that episode and watch it.

But remember that Misty in my stories is a little older... oh, scratch that, who cares about ages anymore? Let's just have Professor Oak and Liza get together... ooh, that'll work.

Psychic*Absol
April 16th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I don't know what episode it is right now, and I'm a bit too lazy to search for it. XD Late Kanto, I think. You'll find it, no doubt.

So? Liza& Tate are older in your story, too. You could just make Sakura 16, too, then it would fit. XD
Oookay...then I can make Cynthia, Lucian, Sabrina and Will in my future fic early thirty-ish, who cares about ages anymore? XD!!!

Crazy Packers Fan
April 16th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I could... but I guess we should remember what my original opinion on this was, and that's that I don't want Liza or Tate to have any pairing as of now. Liza especially is most useful the way she is now, just teasing Sabrina and Will and popping in when least needed.

Psychic*Absol
April 17th, 2009, 10:04 AM
*sweatdrops* Ehm, what was your original opinion? ^^;;; So sorry, I forgot...with three threads to keep track of with...
'As of now'. But eighteen years later? 0=) We'll see, we'll see....Liza is just a tad bit too old for teasing then, so someone else has to take that job...and there WILL be someone. XD! Or someones. 0=)
Hopefully she won't pop up too late.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 17th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Oh, well, by the time of your fic I'm sure she could find someone. Now that I think of it, ages won't really matter by that time, for all we know Tate could match up with Flannery, except for the fact that Flannery is taken by Steven. Speaking of her, it's about time the Hoenn gym leaders show up, isn't it?

Psychic*Absol
April 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hoenn gym leaders? There were gym leaders besides Tate&Liza? Nah, just kidding. XD I remember them. And I remember that I need to start re-reading again, yet I was too lazy and absorbed into school work. >< But so far, they have not really been affected, so why should they come into play?
About the ages again...no, not really. >> Flannery is still too old for Tate, I don't want to make the age differences too big. Hence the pairing Roy&Roxy

Crazy Packers Fan
April 17th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Sure, remember Joe saving Roxanne, or Steven and Tabitha fighting over Flannery, or Flannery being the key to rescuing Steven's mind? They played some roles in The Elite Eight especially, they have importance of their own. I'll bring them in when I want them too.

And BTW, IGN.com named Roxanne the most attractive Pokemon gym leader.

Psychic*Absol
April 18th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Don't worry, don't worry, I remember all of that. I was just making some fun and revealing that I still need to re-read the Elite Eight completely.

WTF? >> Roxanne? Now, imo, she's onle of the ugliest gym leaders *hides*, not to mention that everywhere, game, anime and manga, she has a nasty character. Okay, maybe I'm biased towards teachers, but...
At least she's not Liza& Tate's teacher *going back on topic* XD.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 18th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I like Roxanne, I think she is cute. Now that you mention it, I'll have to force her into the storyline. Just like you're forcing me to put Tate in...

Psychic*Absol
April 19th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Meh, I do not like her so much... Why did they have to make Candice a teacher, too, why? ;.;
Me, forcing you to put Tate in? Since when? I never forced you..0=) Just used verbal influence, and that's not forcing. 0=)
Yet methinks Roxanne is easy to put in when you already plan in putting the other Hoenn gym leaders in.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 19th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Well, not so easy to put them in, I'm not sure how they'll fit in... but anyway, you got your wish today.

Psychic*Absol
April 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Just think of Cynthia as a global danger, and boom, you have the Hoenn gym leaders involved. After all, if Cynthia is that interested in being the queen of the world, Hoenn is certainly included.
Yep, I got my wish. Kinda random of Tate to appear, but *I* certainly do not care. XD!!!
BTW, sorry for not reviewing today, but I haave ten hours of school + two hours of train driving behind me. x.x

Crazy Packers Fan
April 20th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I've got a similar idea, don't worry, they'll get involved.

Boo... I understand, though.

Psychic*Absol
April 20th, 2009, 11:41 AM
And Orre is included, too. 0=)

Thanks. ^^;;; I plan on getting to bet in about twenty minutes, so, I'll be glad if I can even read the chapter before falling asleep on the table x.x.

Hm, we should get a new topic about Liza and Tate...hm, did you watch their episodes? And if yes, did you like them?

Crazy Packers Fan
April 20th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Episodes? I only saw one, the gym battle, and yes, it was enjoyable. Perhaps why I like them now as characters, at least Liza, that is.

Psychic*Absol
April 20th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Oo As far as I know and remember, there are two, one where Tate has to land that rocket and the other is the gym battle. I don't really like both of them, they're not as portrayed as in the game (yes, I know that you like that, yet I don't XD). And Ash's win is just...stupid...>>

Crazy Packers Fan
April 20th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Well, every Ash win is stupid, you should know that. I think Liza teases Tate some, and I think that might be where I got that part of her character to use in my story.

Psychic*Absol
April 21st, 2009, 08:03 AM
Agreed on that. But that Tate&Liza battle was especially stupid and no, I'm not biased in any way.
LOL yes, she teased him with being the older twin, I remember. XD!

Crazy Packers Fan
April 21st, 2009, 08:28 AM
And that's pretty much where I got it from. Now she acts like that to everyone.

Has there ever been a fair battle with Ash, one where he won or lost the "real" way? Maybe a few times, but not often, that's for sure.

Psychic*Absol
April 21st, 2009, 08:49 AM
Will Liza ever change? Very unlikely, she's already 16, almost out of puberty, so it can't be the typical growing up problems...
Hey, now that I think of it, she spend many of the difficult years at Will& Sabrina's place. These two probably influenced her more than her own parents.
Hm, Lt. Surge's? And most battles from Sinnoh...*hides*

Crazy Packers Fan
April 21st, 2009, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I guess it's turning out that Liza's closer to Sabrina and Will than she is to her own parents... kind of strange, isn't it? I guess that's just the way it goes...

Psychic*Absol
April 21st, 2009, 09:17 AM
Strange? No, I wouldn't call it strange. After all, both Will and Sabrina care for her and take care of her and Roxy calls her 'aunt'. It's not as if she ended up in a dysfunctional family.
And there's still Tate to keep her parents busy. XD

Crazy Packers Fan
April 21st, 2009, 09:28 AM
The funny thing is that I consider Liza "young" at 16, yet supposedly the champion of every game is a stupid 10-year old with usually a bratty attitude. She might be more than an aunt, too...

Psychic*Absol
April 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM
Well, just remember, it's just a game. And do Lance, Wallace/Steven and Cynthia look like ten-year olds to you? No, certainly not. In a 'real' Pokemon universe, a true Pokemon Master would probably be in his early fifties, because you need a heck lot of training to become champion. >>

Yes, Liza might be a mother, I know. 0=)

Crazy Packers Fan
April 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
No, I meant the game character, you know, Ash/Red/Dawn/whoever you play as, not Lance, Cynthia and the others. I think a Pokemon champion could legitimately be 18 or so, maybe younger, depending on the format used for determining one. If it was a 64-person tournament like the one I use, then most certainly. Giselle became champion at 18, and she's presumably the youngest in my fanon.

Oh, and Liza? May she take over for Sabrina once Sabrina's gone?

Psychic*Absol
April 21st, 2009, 10:37 AM
No, no, I know what you meant. I was just comparing the game main characters (your character, Red, Blue, whatever), to the 'real' champion and meant that this is ridiculous enough. I mean, if you can be champion at ten, why are they so 'old'? And why hasn't no other ten-year old tried to beat them yet, when you obviously can?

No, Liza has her own position as elite four (right? XD), Roxy can take the gym. After her father, of course. 0=)

Crazy Packers Fan
April 21st, 2009, 10:44 AM
So, you have come to accept the fact that Sabrina will die in my fanfic. Sad, isn't it? But true.

Oh, and Liza will stay in the Elite Four, don't worry.

Psychic*Absol
April 22nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
No, I haven't accepted that yet and just like Will, I never will either. I still have my sequel and I can go whatever I want there. 0=)

Now *that's* one thing I do not worry about. >> Liza's young and alive, so I won't worry about her. >>

Crazy Packers Fan
April 23rd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Actually Sabrina isn't dead... not yet, anyway.

And Liza, she's certainly not one to worry about... she's still young.

Psychic*Absol
April 23rd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Yes, she's not dead (Offtopic: SHIRONA!!! OMGOMGOMG...*watching certain episode*) yet, because you haven't posted the chapter yet. You know, I was kinda worried for you because of this...0=) What would I do without my (weekly?) dose of your fics? *g*

Yes, Liza is still young. Though with 16, she's not that young anymore in your fic, she's already a teenager!

Crazy Packers Fan
April 23rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
16 is young in my fic. Most characters are all legal, so to speak. Liza and Tate are two of the few exceptions.

Psychic*Absol
April 24th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Yes, you're right, in comparison to your other characters, 16 is young, but sometimes, Liza acts mature for her age and- what did I just say? Oo Liza, mature?!?!...I must have been too confused by homework. Liza is not mature. >>

Crazy Packers Fan
April 24th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Liza, mature? No, no, no... Liza is not mature at all. And that's what makes her fun to write, most certainly.

Psychic*Absol
April 24th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Heheh, and it's unlikely that she ever matures, right? After what I read today...though her premotions change her a bit, it's not much. Liza will stay as annoying as ever. XD

Crazy Packers Fan
April 24th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I have certain plans on what I want to do with Liza which I'm not sure if I'll ever get them accomplished in the timeframe of this story... in which case they may not ever be realized. But basically I want her to become more powerful as a psychic than Sabrina, and she may already be there.

Psychic*Absol
April 24th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Hey, if you have plans for Liza and you don't think you'll be able to write them into your fic, then just tell me about it and maybe I'll be able to use them.
...but I don't want that. >> If there's is one psychic that I may allow to be stronger than Sabrina, it's Roxy and/or Cynthia.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 24th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Cynthia's already stronger, too late for that. Liza's getting stronger, though I don't know if I exactly want her to reach Sabrina's level. Come to think of it, Sabrina's been awfully weak the last two stories... but that's another topic.

Psychic*Absol
April 24th, 2009, 02:23 PM
That's why I crossed her out. ^.~
Well, remember, there's no real canon fandom (ehm, is that understandable) I mean either game, anime and/or manga) where Liza is a psychic. It's just widely assumed because of the connection she and her brother have, so it would be logical for them to be psychics.
And no, I'm not saying this because I don't want Liza to be stronger, no, I am never biased...
Well, in her defence, Sabrina was nearly killed and thus, weakened several times, and she just had Roxy, so she's bound to be a bit weaker than usual.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 25th, 2009, 05:43 AM
It's hard for me to imagine Liza not being psychic, given that connection she has with her brother, but I guess that could always be possible... but since we're talking about my fanon, we know she is psychic.

Psychic*Absol
April 25th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Anime-wise, it seem to be pretty obvious to me that Liza is not psychic. >> No attempt to use her powers, she just started a fight with her brother (!!!), and they lost the fight with Ash, their only one we've seen in the anime, pretty fast, not to mention that TR captured their Pokemon. Thankfully, this is only the anime.
...have you ever asked if my Liza&Tate are psychic? Is this is even important? Do I know? XD

Crazy Packers Fan
April 25th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Oh, I don't even remember Liza and Tate appearing in your fic. If they did, it must have been very briefly. If they aren't psychic, then a lot of the fun is gone. I would say "just go to other fanfics to see if other people think they're psychic," but they don't appear in too many fanfics besides mine, do they?

Psychic*Absol
April 26th, 2009, 10:06 AM
XD! That's because they didn't appear yet. It was more or less a rhetorical question, because I don't even know if they'll ever appear there. In the other fic of mine, the German one, they're both psychics (and already 18 because of the time shift there).
Hm, no, not really. I can remember a handful of fics with them, and mostly, both are psychics there.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
You are something with finding fics, aren't you? It's hard enough to find a reasonable Cynthia fic (and by reasonable I mean one without her in a relationship with a 10-year old), and little on Lucian, and certainly nothing on Liza and Tate. But I would expect that if a writer was to include them, they'd be psychics in their story.

Psychic*Absol
April 27th, 2009, 11:28 AM
...0=) I am obsessed with fanfics. Sadly, so far, only with Sabrina fanfics, not with Cynthia ones yet. Sad for you, though. XD

Well, it would be logical for them to be psychics, as they're psychic gym leaders, but then, how many psychics are there? Not many, not many...>>
Though....have I told you that my Liza & Tate (at least in my old German fic) re related to Sabrina? 0=)

Crazy Packers Fan
April 27th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Well, it's about time for you to get obsessed with Cynthia fics. And please try to find ones that have her in a relationship with someone her age, not a 10-year-old!

Yeah, I thought you told me that... though I don't remember how. Cousins, perhaps?

Psychic*Absol
April 27th, 2009, 11:57 AM
First, I wanna get 500 Sabrina fics, and then, then maybe, I'll start a Cynthia list. =3

Yes, cousins. Liza& Tate's mother is the sister of Sabrina's father in my fic. In short, Their mother is Sabrina's aunt.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 27th, 2009, 12:28 PM
500 Sabrina fics? It's hard enough for me to find 5... though I bet we have written the 5 longest Sabrina-related fics between us.

They're almost related in my fics, given how much time they spend together, but not officially. I like that relation idea though.

Psychic*Absol
April 28th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Well, 428...that's close enough to 500, isn't it? 0=) (Though I think this is more something for the other fanclub...)

...don't tell me you're going to make Liza a *real* relative of Sabrina now! XD That would be...weird, somehow. o,o After all this time, she suddenly 'adopts' her, or something....no, better not. Can't imagine that, either. Liza might not be old enough to not be adoptable anymore, but that doesn't mean she has to get into another family (when she's already almost a member of it anyway).

Crazy Packers Fan
April 28th, 2009, 10:47 AM
No, she's not going to become an official member of the family. She's just closely enough affiliated with it that it seems like it at times.

Psychic*Absol
April 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Okay, that's good. =3 After all, Liza doesn't need to become an official member of the family, she is already close enough to them as you said yourself. XD

Crazy Packers Fan
April 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
One must wonder how many secrets between Sabrina and Will are not actually secret... thanks to a certain person spying on them all the time...

Psychic*Absol
April 29th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I don't want to know what Liza sees and mindreads all the time, I don't want to know what Liza sees and mindreads all the time, I don't want to know what Liza sees and mindreads all the time...
lol, hey, it's true! XD She probably knows more about their marriage than the one of her parents. =3 (And Roxy will be shocked on day to be told that Liza is NOT her real aunt. XD!)

Crazy Packers Fan
April 29th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah, she probably does know more about their marriage than their parents. And she's almost becoming an aunt already, with all the time she spends there.

Psychic*Absol
April 29th, 2009, 10:54 AM
And, judging from your latest chapter, with all the time she spends as Roxy's 'part-time' mother. >>;;;
Ehm, new topic, can I be the first one to say that I don't like Tate&Liza's badge so much? Rip-off of Sabrina's originalKoga's badge. >>

Crazy Packers Fan
April 29th, 2009, 11:31 AM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/thumb/d/d0/Mindbadge.png/10px-Mindbadge.png

Yeah, you're right, very much a copy off the Soul Badge. Which, of course, should have been Sabrina's badge, but somehow I like the Marsh Badge better as Sabrina's badge, since it has a yellow color, and Saffron of course is yellow-orange.

Psychic*Absol
April 29th, 2009, 11:44 AM
*squints to see* x.x Hard to see with tired eyes, but like I said, rip-off of Koga's/Sabrina's...whatever, badge. XD
Meh, I would rather like her to have the Soul badge. You know, it would kinda work with Liza&Tate's badge being a rip-off of hers, if they were related...you know. 0=)

Crazy Packers Fan
April 29th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Oh, I guess you're right, the heart would certainly go better with Sabrina in that case. But they inadvertently matched the badge's colors with their cities, Saffron getting the yellow one and Fuchsia getting the purple-red one. Believe it or not, there used to be a time when Pokemon named all its cities after colors, and I'd actually use the dictionary to find out what the colors meant. Those were the days...

Psychic*Absol
April 30th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Hmpf, then they could have made Saffron the violet coloured city and Fuschia the yellow one. It wouldn't have mattered, imo.
Well, that is only partly right, at least here in Germany. The German name of Pewter has nothing to do with a colour...I think. Same with Viridian.
BTW...what's the English name of Liza&Tate's city? Something with -deep, I remember.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 30th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Viridian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viridian) = definite color

Pewter too is close to being a color, very much the same way gold, silver and bronze are colors. It's just a type of metal.

And yes, it very much would have mattered. Saffron means yellow-orange, fuchsia is a purplish red color. I knew what fuchsia was from my crayon box before I played Pokemon.

Mossdeep is their city... and most likely their last name.

Psychic*Absol
April 30th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I was talking of the German names, not the English ones! XD I know very well that both Pewter and Viridian are kinda colours, not just the German 'translatins'. (Seriously, Vertania? WTF?)
Meh, yes, but again, this is based on the English translation. The mix-up with Sabrina's and Koga's badge was in the Japanese version, too.

Ah, Mossdeep...and what does that mean? Oo I know what the German name means (Mosback= stream of...okay, forget it. Moos= moss, so....German name means stream of moss. Yes, I know it is weird.)

Crazy Packers Fan
April 30th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Oh, the German ones... well, I don't know any of those. What are Liza and Tate's names in German, BTW?

Psychic*Absol
April 30th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Meh, I don't know what Vertania actually means. I doubt it is a word. Pewter is, well, Mamoria, which is a word smilar to Marmor, in English, marble. ^^

Ben (Tate) and Svenja (Liza). ^^

Crazy Packers Fan
April 30th, 2009, 10:52 AM
So Tate gets what I would consider a "normal" name, and Liza gets a distinctly German name. Those two names are quite the opposites of each other... I can't even pronounce Svenja!

Psychic*Absol
April 30th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Svenja is a relatively normal name, here. It's nordish, I think (and it's one of the options my mother considered when she named me, no kidding! XD There was a chance I would be named Svenja now!). Pronounced...uh...you know how to say Snape? Take the S from there, then the 'ven' from vengeance, and the 'ja'...well, kinda pronounced like 'ya'. methinks.

Crazy Packers Fan
April 30th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't pronounce the "S" in "Snape" any differently from any other word that begins with "S", but I think I have it... wow, you could be named after Liza right now. Imagine if she had named you after Sabrina's German name!

Psychic*Absol
April 30th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I was searching for a good word, and well, Snape came to mind. XD Yeah, the 's' isn't really any different, but I didn't know another word.

Sabrina = Sabrina in German. XD! And no, she doesn't like the name. =3
And about the naming...if I had been a boy, I would certainly be named Sven. Which is the male version of Svenja. XD!

Crazy Packers Fan
April 30th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Just wondering, does "Sven" mean "Seven"? Or is that a complete coincidence?

It's quite possible that if I have children, they'll get named after a Pokemon character... Giselle is tops on the list, followed by Roxanne. Those are some really spunky names for a girl.

Psychic*Absol
May 1st, 2009, 08:55 AM
No, I think it's a coincidence. I don't actually know what Sven means. o,o *looks it up* According to behindthename, it sinply means 'boy'. XD! Then Svenja should mean 'girl', I suppose. *looks it up, too*...Svenja is either the feminine form of Sven or it means 'swan'. No, I don't know why they choose this name, either. XD! Or rather, I think I do, but it has nothing to do with a 'swan'...

I *have* thought about naming my kids after my favourite characters, yet, Sabrina would be too obvious, Cynthia is famous here for being shortened as Cindy, a name I absolutely hate >>, and Svenja, well, that was supposed to be my name, so no chance. XD!

Crazy Packers Fan
May 1st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I hate Cindy as a name too. In fact I hate a lot of abbreviations of names, I only want the full name to be used. Some are okay, but most, like in Cynthia's case, are terrible.

Psychic*Absol
May 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
(Though, isn't Will an abbreviation, too? ;-) Not to mention your own name, CPF. 0=) )
I just looked at Tate's name entry...apparently, the meaning of his name is unknown. Oo Well, it IS an unusual name, though I doubt I have the right to guess as a non-native speaker.

Crazy Packers Fan
May 2nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
There are some okay abbreviations, but most of them are just... blah.

Tate is a rather unusual name, I'm surprised that there's no meaning to it. All names have meanings, right? I guess not.

Psychic*Absol
May 2nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
Nah, look at some 'modern' names. Sometimes, it just looks as if the parents took two syllables ant threw them together because they sounded nice. No meaning behind at all.
Well, Tate comes from the old English surname 'Tata', but like I said, no meaning found behind. Though that's only what behindthename says, maybe with some research, we can find the, or rather, a meaning. ^^

Crazy Packers Fan
May 2nd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Bulbapedia suspects that Liza and Tate's names were chosen because it sounds sort of like "levitate." That's probably the only explanation that makes sense for the choosing of their names.

Psychic*Absol
May 2nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I read about that, too. (Yet I still like to search for the original meaning of the name- Cynthia and the moon, anyone? XD) And, if you read the whole article, you might have noticed that their German names were chosen because of the same reason. Svenja+ Ben *sounds* like 'schweben' = levitate. ...well, I speak German, of course, and you have to have a fancy imagination to think that Svenja + Ben sounds like 'schweben'...

Crazy Packers Fan
May 3rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Those names are close enough to at least sound a little bit like that word. Interesting, though, about the whole Cyrus and the sun, and Cynthia and the moon... as if those two have a special connection somehow...

Psychic*Absol
May 3rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Oo What do you mean, "Liza+ Tate" sounds like "levitate" or did you mean that the German ones sound like 'schweben'? XD
And about Cynthia and Cyrus...I think we could move that to the other club, I've found some interesting (and well, scary), theories.

Crazy Packers Fan
May 3rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Both of them, really, they sound at least a little like it, though it is a bit of a stretch.

Psychic*Absol
May 3rd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Meh, I guess you're right, after all, the translators obviously had to search for *some* fitting names. (Couldn't they have kept Fuu and Ran? I doubt it would have sounded *that* bad, plus, the two do look a bit Chinese...)

Crazy Packers Fan
May 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
They couldn't even keep Shirona, which sounds close enough to an English name, so they definitely wouldn't have kept those names.

Psychic*Absol
May 5th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Hm, I have to disagree. Shirona does sound like a Japanese name, while Fuu and Ran are more or less Chinese, and, I stay to my argument, both of them look Chinese.
But in the end, we can blame the translators who fear Japanese. -_- (At least the anime ones do...)

Crazy Packers Fan
May 6th, 2009, 03:43 AM
But there is an English name Sharona, which could have easily been used instead of Cynthia... too late for that now, I guess.

Psychic*Absol
May 6th, 2009, 11:38 AM
There is? My, and normally I am one who knows more names than necessary...>>
But, mind you, I like Cynthia more than Sharona. XD (Though, latter sounds similair to Sabrina...kinda...)
Ehm, to get back on topic...where comes Liza's name from? We have a similair one in German (Lisa), but I don't know its origin, either.

Crazy Packers Fan
May 8th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Liza... it comes from Elizabeth... so then obviously the meaning of Elizabeth applies to it. Queen Elizabeth... ha ha, "Queen"... too many queens, aren't there?

Psychic*Absol
May 8th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Ah...then I have to search for the meaning of Elizabeth. ...once my headache has gone down, I will do that. x.x
'Too many queens' depends on the eye of the beholder. XD! In your universe, there can be only one.

Crazy Packers Fan
May 8th, 2009, 02:05 PM
That's right, there is only one queen, and of course she is Cynthia. As much as Sabrina, Karen and any others want her position, they shall never get it!

Psychic*Absol
May 10th, 2009, 09:56 AM
(Okay, after twelve or so tries, and two days, it finally lets me post. HG/SS overflow, anyone?)

....well, sorry to burst your bubble of Cynthia love, but this is kinda the wrong thread. >> *feels responsible to keep at least the topics cleared* Anway..a real life friend of mine is named Lis(z)a. Coincidence?....oh, well, it's a common name here. >>

Crazy Packers Fan
May 10th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Never burst my bubble of Cynthia love, or Cynthia shall take it out on Sabrina! Anyway, I don't know anyone whose name comes close to Liza, but there was an old man who used to go to the same church as me named Tate.

Psychic*Absol
May 11th, 2009, 09:12 AM
*head hangs down*...*mumbles something about revenge*....*silence*

I don't know anyone named Tate (obviously, as this name is...rare here), yet there's a singer named Ben here. Don't know if he sings anymore, but I remember him being famous for a few love songs. And Svenja, well, my original name, like I already said...

Crazy Packers Fan
May 11th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Ben is a very popular name here in America, and obviously Svenja is completely foreign. Both Liza and Tate seem to be pretty rare names.

Psychic*Absol
May 11th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Really, Ben is popular? I only see it here as a short form of Benjamin, though there were a few occassions where Ben was the full name and not a short form.
And Liza, rare? Whoah, considering how popular its German version Lisa is...one of the ten most popular names here once, I think. Can't remember the year, though.

Crazy Packers Fan
May 11th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I rarely ever hear anyone named Liza, and really have never heard the name used outside of celebrities. So yes, it's awfully rare of a name, that's for sure.

Psychic*Absol
May 11th, 2009, 11:59 AM
o,o Pokemon used this name *twice* by now (Charla's Trainer, I think, was named Liza, too) and in real life, it's not popular. Whoah....and what celebrities are you talking about? On top of my head, I cannot name any female celebrity named Liza. XD

Crazy Packers Fan
May 12th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Apparently there's an older actress named Liza Minnelli... that's as far as I know when it comes to celebrities with that name.

Psychic*Absol
May 12th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Heheh, don't know her. XD Obviously, I don't know any American actors besides the famous ones, much less any named after the twins...
But wasn't there some Liza Presley, as in Elvis' Presley's daughter or did my mind just mess up completely? Oo

Crazy Packers Fan
May 13th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I think that's Lisa Marie Presley... Lisa's more common, certainly more common than Liza.

Psychic*Absol
May 13th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Oh, right, Lisa Marie Presley. Of course, Lisa is more popular than Liza here, too, I can't remember seeing a single Liza here. It would sound awkward in German, too.

Crazy Packers Fan
May 13th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I like the fact that Liza's a rare name, it makes me like her more as a character for some reason. Same with Giselle, who Liza has slowly begun to mimic.

Psychic*Absol
May 14th, 2009, 10:11 AM
XD Well, and here I am, thinking that Liza was not a rare name at all, thus making her a rather, well, usual girl in the Pokemon world.
(Did I mention that my mother's name is the German version of Giselle? XD)
Yes, sadly, she has. >> Bad influence, I say. Better get Roxy out of it.

Crazy Packers Fan
May 14th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Version of Giselle? What is it?

Oh, come on, Giselle isn't that bad... just a little on the arrogant side... okay, a lot.

Psychic*Absol
May 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM
^.^ Gisela.

...come on, she is that bad. And it is bad enough that Liza is becoming like her, worse if Roxy takes after Liza and thus, after Giselle, too! >.<

Crazy Packers Fan
May 16th, 2009, 09:34 AM
It's what's in Giselle's heart that matters. So if her heart is pure, she is still a good character. But of course if her heart is evil... then she's hopeless.

I don't see Roxette becoming like Giselle... though perhaps a little bit like Liza.

Psychic*Absol
May 16th, 2009, 10:02 AM
(You REALLY need to make a Giselle fanclub XD!) I hope she is evil. But I know she won't be. So yeah, what should I say? >>

Hm, okay, Roxy will indeed be a bit like Liza. But not too much. After all, other characters have clearly taken Liza's role *snickers and hides*. And she still thinks of Liza as her aunt, not her mother. >>

Crazy Packers Fan
May 16th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I know, but no one would join a Giselle fanclub... I'd be the only one.

Other characters? I'm not too sure I know what you're talking about.

Psychic*Absol
May 16th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hey, you never know. You can only know if you try. And, come on, I know you want to be the leader of a Giselle fanclub. ;-)

0=) And I won't tell you which characters I am talking about. Let's just say, Liza won't be alone in her teasing anymore. ;-)

Crazy Packers Fan
May 16th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Only if you promise to join the club.

Okay, I'll wait. Maybe Tate? Who knows.

Psychic*Absol
May 17th, 2009, 08:36 AM
...is this some kind of blackmailing? I don't even like Giselle! >.<

Tate? No, definitely not Tate. But it might be a boy. Or a girl. Or both? Who knows? 0=)

Crazy Packers Fan
May 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM
...Then why do you want me to make a club so badly?

Now I'm totally confused, and I guess I'll have to wait to see it to understand it.

Psychic*Absol
May 20th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Because I know that a club would make you happy, just like the Cynthia fanclub made you happy. Kinda.

You will see, you will see. You may see some characters you have never seen before, but also ones that have been around for a long time. Like Liza. And maybe Tate.