PDA

View Full Version : I didn't open it! (at least you dont think so)

JoWood
September 16th, 2004, 08:57 AM
I need help ASAP. I brought the new sims games, DVD edition. Now, I dunno if there is something I can do to to make it run but right now I just want the CD rom or my $52.49 back.

Turns out my computer doesn't play DVDs. EBgames policy is very strict. For me to get the CD rom disk, I have to prove that this one wasn't opened.

I slit the tape on the bottom, but it won't stick when I put it back together... Scrap the particles off anf put some glue on it?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thankx

Kipkip
September 16th, 2004, 09:10 AM
I just read my EBGames recipt that's hanging on the wall and it said that if a game was opened you can exchange it for the same item. I'm not sure if they would let you exchange you Sims 2 DVD thing for the CD-ROM but you can try. That's all I know.

JoWood
September 16th, 2004, 09:16 AM
I just read my EBGames recipt that's hanging on the wall and it said that if a game was opened you can exchange it for the same item. I'm not sure if they would let you exchange you Sims 2 DVD thing for the CD-ROM but you can try. That's all I know.

I know, it is the same item. Unless they mean exactly the same, they are sold out of CD roms though(I think). But if I tell them that I opened, will they give me the exact same DVD game.

I'm gonna try scraping the small particles off the tape and some of the glue stick.

Kiri
September 16th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Jowood-
you just need the right software to play DVDs. If there's a CD drive in an XP, then it'll play them once you've got the right software.
That'll save you a lot of time and tape scraping.

aRedMoon
September 16th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Your CD Drive has to be a certain kind to run DVDs...

So you'll either have to try to work it out with the EBGames peopels, or you'll have to upgrade your CD drive to a CD/DVD drive.

aaaaaa
September 16th, 2004, 02:10 PM
You should just be able to take it back and explain your problem. If they dont have the CDRom version instore, ask for them to give you store credit as a presell for it. That way when it comes in, you'll get a call and be able to pick it up on the day.
Don't try and pull one over the EBgames people, we know when a game has been opened ^_~

Geometric-sama
September 16th, 2004, 03:12 PM
You work at EB? *jealous*

Just upgrade, it's not very expensive. (Yeah, what am I talking about, I don't even have a DVD-ROM drive or a DVD player yet. o_O)

Kairi
September 16th, 2004, 05:13 PM
The job does sound dreamy, but it does have its drawbacks. ^_^;
And…yeah, since it’s the same game, they should just swap it, I think. How sad am I--I didn't even realize they put PC games on DVDs. <.< I guess it make senses since console games are, but oh well. o_x;

aRedMoon
September 16th, 2004, 07:28 PM
*is gonna apply to an EBGames in December* >_>

And umm... good luck talking to 'em.

aaaaaa
September 16th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Yeah, we have a few games on PC-DVD. Farcry, UT2004, Sims 2, and coming soon is Everquest 2, MoH: PA and a few others. It's finally got to the point where we have a PCDV section in our system.

And yeah, there are drawbacks. Abby knows all about those.

jbritz22
September 16th, 2004, 08:30 PM
DVD-Roms are fairly cheap, I bet you can find one for 20 bucks, it would save you hassle, and might be helpful in the future.

Geometric-sama
September 17th, 2004, 05:04 AM
I've only been old enough to get a job for a few months, and I haven't had time. Maybe next year, this summer I'm off at camp and stuff.