• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ack! My keyboard! @0@

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I need help majorly with my keyboard. =( I just cleaned it earlier today (popped off all of the keys after unplugging it, et cetera), but I can't seem to use the numbers on the right side of the keyboard to work.

I've pressed down the Number Lock and tried to use it and I've taken off the Number Lock and still nothing is working. Number-wise, at least. When the Number Lock is on, I can bring up the same menu I do when I left click my mouse with the number 5. When I turn off the Number Lock, I can Page Up, Page Down, et cetera.

So it works, it just doesn't let me type the numbers and I don't know what to do. D= And I'm only hoping this was the right place to put this. . Please help. . =(

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Electric or mechanic keyboard?

If it's electric, it's contact plate based, which means some dust can have ended up on the contacts, thus not letting the signal through. Try blowing on the specific part, but say it, don't spray it. D:

If it's mechanic, try removing all the keys and putting them on again, maybe you did something wrong the first time.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I'll try both techniques, since I have no idea whether it's a mechanic keyboard or electronic. @_@ I'm not really all too tech savvy. Thanks! ^^ I'll come back with an edit as to whether it worked or not.

EDIT: Ermmm. . When Number Lock isn't on, it works. . >.>" é I can now do that. And I'm afraid to press the Number Lock button 'cause then it might not work again. But when I press the numbers without holding down "Alt", nothing happens. . But, honestly, the only reason I ever use that Number Pad is to get é. .

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
When pressing the top numbers, I can't seem to get é. Not only that, but I prefer the other number pad anyway.​

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
=_= The problem isn't that I need a new keyboard. It works fine when not considering the number pad. If you're not going to help, please stop replying or you're going to get this closed without me having an answer as to why the numbers work when the Number Lock is off. Thanks.​

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
When pressing the top numbers, I can't seem to get é.​
If you have a British keyboard you can hold Alt Gr and press E, resulting in é, hold shift as well for É. This works for all vowels; ÁáÉéÍíÓóÚú.

Whats wrong with just pressing the top numbers?

123456789 :P
You can't 'type in unicode' with those, that's what's wrong with them.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
No, I have an American keyboard. . =( But at least I'll know that if I do get a British keyboard. ^^​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
When num lock is on, you can't use the number pad at the right. I use the top row of numbers for numbers and the number pad for unicode. It makes things much easier.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
No, I've been too nervous about it not working. But I'll do it right now.

Nope, it's not working . . . . I'll turn it back off. é
Okay, now it's working to give me that symbol. But it's still not working for the numbers. .​

Back