PDA

View Full Version : Do Red have a family?

Achamo~Torchic
April 13th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Blue(male) has prof. Oak and daisy
Green(female) has mum and dad
Yellow has uncle
Gold has mum
Silver has Giovanni
Crystal has mum
Ruby has mum and Norman
Sapphire has prof. Birch
Emerald has parents but dead....
(I not yet read d/p/pt)
DO RED HAVE FAMILY??!!!!!!

RubyJB88
April 13th, 2009, 07:00 AM
This has actually been explained in the FR/LG arc. I suggest you read that part again where Red questions about his family, etc. He later finds this out thanks to Deoxys.

Mileyangel
April 13th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I started a thread like this once....

Red didn't really address his family. He could have just been saying that his family is not in danger.

nssfleahedgehog
April 15th, 2009, 01:04 PM

"Does Red have a family?"

I was thinking the same thing a few nights ago. Of course, I forgot about Yellow's uncle. But she doesn't have parents, despite having a house (in RGB saga). For DPP, I don't think Diamond's family is mentioned, but he does mention Pearl's dad (*cough* Palmer *cough*) saved them during childhood. Platinum has Sir Berlitz.

This has actually been explained in the FR/LG arc. I suggest you read that part again where Red questions about his family, etc. He later finds this out thanks to Deoxys.

Agh, I don't remember this! Please refresh my memory.

RubyJB88
April 15th, 2009, 01:46 PM

I can't give you the details, but it was when Red first got defeated by Deoxys and simply got overwhelmed. He almost gave up if it wasn't for Blue to get him to snap out of it. It was then he starts talking about family, etc.

Mika555
April 16th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I was thinking the same thing a few nights ago. Of course, I forgot about Yellow's uncle. But she doesn't have parents, despite having a house (in RGB saga). For DPP, I don't think Diamond's family is mentioned, but he does mention Pearl's dad (*cough* Palmer *cough*) saved them during childhood. Platinum has Sir Berlitz.

Diamond's mother appeared in the recent chapters of the Diamond and Pearl arc. and Diamond goes to Lake Verity to save her from Mars who is about to kill her. If you scroll down on this (http://coronis493.xanga.com/) page where it says 'Pokespecial Shogakukan Grade 5 May 09 Issue' and in that session it talks about Diamond's mother.

nssfleahedgehog
April 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I can't give you the details, but it was when Red first got defeated by Deoxys and simply got overwhelmed. He almost gave up if it wasn't for Blue to get him to snap out of it. It was then he starts talking about family, etc.

I reread this part on MangaFox, and Red doesn't mention his family. Are you sure you're not confusing it with him mentioning Blue(♀)'s parents?

RubyJB88
April 17th, 2009, 01:48 PM
No. It might not have been there, but probably in the next volume. He does ask himself about his own family.

Achamo~Torchic
April 18th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Sowee for thread naming xD

but dont you want to see his family member? :(

Mika555
April 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Sowee for thread naming xD

but dont you want to see his family member? :(

Yes I want to see his family members I never seen Red's family I wonder why the writers of Pokemon Special did not give him at least a mother since the character from the games whom he is based off. The writers also make the main character families seem less important because they relatives either appear in one arc and some relatives are never seen again and Blue (female) parents did not even had any dialogue.

OokamiShipper
April 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Well, technically, he has a family, but you just never see them in the manga.
*shrugs* Maybe in this case, his family doesn't really tie into the plot...so it was pointless to the writers to put them in...^^;
Just makes it better, knowing that he lives alone

AshMelody
April 18th, 2009, 08:44 PM
He does, of course, but they were not shown in the manga (hopefully, yet).
Maybe because they're not much involved with the plot, unlike Giovanni, Prof. Birch and Norman.

yinyangmatrix
May 10th, 2009, 10:38 AM
That I do not know. O.o

The only known relative to him is...

Deoxys. D:

Sora
May 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
No. It might not have been there, but probably in the next volume. He does ask himself about his own family.
If you would be so kind, look for it? I tried to look for it myself, but I couldn't find it. D: -would love to at least know that he has parents and such, because that'll make roleplaying him just a little bit easier.-

Achamo~Torchic
May 13th, 2009, 11:20 PM
even in yellow arc his house is empty! no mom? no dad???? no families..>??? alooonee??? O.o

⋚Raika⋚
May 14th, 2009, 01:19 AM
If I remember correctly,
Deoxys is Red himself
Dunno if I'm right though, haven''t read that chapter in ages. x_x

Second Coming of Jebus
May 14th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Blue(male) has prof. Oak and daisy
Green(female) has mum and dad
Yellow has uncle
Gold has mum
Silver has Giovanni
Crystal has mum
Ruby has mum and Norman
Sapphire has prof. Birch
Emerald has parents but dead....
(I not yet read d/p/pt)

I don't know why but I found this post cute lol. Must be the Torchic >.>

Sweet Jasmine
May 31st, 2009, 12:37 AM
I think Red has a family.. How would he appeared in the anime without family :3

Second Coming of Jebus
May 31st, 2009, 04:54 AM
I think she meant to ask if he's an orphan or does he have a family. 'Cause he kinda just appeared and there wasn't a mention of a mum or dad.

大輔
June 17th, 2009, 01:55 AM
"Does Red have a family?"

Actually in the DP *MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!!!* Diamonds mom is involved with the Team Galactic incident

Mileyangel
June 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I personally think that Red is on his own. If he wasn't, I think that TR would've captured them in order to lure Red in the FRLG saga. Besides, no that the Emerald saga is over, I doubt any family of his will show up.