PDA

View Full Version : Honestly

Gold95
April 15th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Do you battle all the trainers in the Pokémon Tower, Gyms and Caves??
Please tell it honestly...
I like to battle trainers because my Pokémon get some EXP. Points and money...:P
Fell free to tell it...

Cassino
April 15th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Gyms and caves yes, but I could never be any use at the tower. All RPGs are much easier if the player takes what they can when they can.

giradialkia
April 15th, 2009, 04:15 AM
In my latest file i did- it's the only straightforward way to keep all of your Pokemon's levels the same, or close. Although sometimes i just dont bother, in Routes or caves that are un-necessarily long..
But i battle everyone in Gyms.

Translator
April 15th, 2009, 04:22 AM
I battle all the trainers in Pokemon Gyms and caves. But, I don't like to battle trainers while I'm surfing.

Finnel
April 15th, 2009, 05:25 AM
I battle all trainers in Gyms, and as many as possible in caves and other places. Even in water.

More EXP = Less grinding

ゴンベ
April 15th, 2009, 05:36 AM
I battle all of them saves me having to go back and train up xD

Munchy

ShinjisLover
April 15th, 2009, 06:13 AM
I always battle every trainer I can see. I get competitive like that. XP Though I'm reluctant to do it whilst surfing, I still usually will.

Clouddyl
April 15th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I battle everyone, I enjoy the battling and its useful exp

Idiot!
April 15th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Insert random filler here.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 15th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I battle them all because I need the money to do so, and its a quicker way of evolving Pokemon

:t354:TG

Avey
April 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I battle every trainer I see. Money and Experience Points are important, you know.

twistedfool420
April 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM
i batle every last trainer i see.fffffftttwww

psyduck6199
April 15th, 2009, 09:44 AM
yeah i battle everybody...even if they are hidden i find htem and battle them. my cousin tries to avoid battles and his pokemons are alwasys underleveled when he reaches a gym :P

Silhouette
April 15th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Yes, I battle every trainer I see. I'll even find them if they're hidden.

Haha, "No one can escape my rage!"

Doctor
April 15th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I battle everyone, always have. When I missed some trainers at a gym once, I got angry with myself XD

Sometimes I evade certain trainers in certain places, just to be able to go back and train an underleveled or newly caught pokémon later~

Ninja Caterpie
April 15th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I battle all the trainers everywhere. Except one Victory Road, where I really just couldn't be stuffed.

-Leaf
April 15th, 2009, 10:35 PM
i battle not all the times. im just too lazy.

Gold95
April 16th, 2009, 12:06 AM
It's best to battle every trainer which makes you more competitive and challenging...

SkythurBathandBeyond151
April 16th, 2009, 12:07 AM
I like to beat everyone I come across, but I've gone through the story so many times thanks to my playthroughs of red, yellow, and blue, I'm starting to shy away from it on fire red. :knockedou

Bibliophibian
April 16th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I usually beat everyone I come across, unless I'm in a hurry or need to get to a Pokemon Center. Surfing is usually when I'm the most annoyed, so I'm more likely to skip swimmers than anyone else. (Those jerks never have much money anyway. >_>)

Cammy25!
April 16th, 2009, 12:56 AM
I battle every-one in the gyms, caves I avoid trainers in case I get knocked out. Unless it is Victory Road, where I use my main pokemons and get them leveled up with another low level pokemon has exp.share.

Ru-Kun
April 16th, 2009, 05:05 AM
I normally try to battle all the trainers in the game.

Pink_Marshmello
April 16th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I think it's better to try and fight all of the trainers. You can level up your Pokemon faster that way.

Went
April 16th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I try to beat them all until the last 2 gyms, when they start getting more dispersed around water and mountains and I only care about beating the bad guys and finishing the plot XD

I come back for them once I have beaten the league.

Master Terrador
April 16th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I battle them all in the Gyms and everyone I can find in caves....Unless I'm in need of a heal...then I avoid them and come back later...(Or if I'm in a hurry...)

Milke
April 16th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I battle every trainer I see ingame. The gyms, surfing, etc. Sometimes I miss policemen or joggers because I play a section at night or day, but other than that, exp is good. Also I don't battle right away if I have low health but will go back eventually and get them in the end. :P

TheSilentJoker
April 16th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I just skipped most of the battles, they usally take too long and boring work. :(

BenjiTheKid
April 16th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Yes.

I figure, the best way to train Pokemon- is to battle every trainer I see. Even if I know the trainer has Pokemon that will be hard for me to defeat. Even better, actually.

Hamako-chan
April 16th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Yes for the first time I play, But when I restart I just try to avoid them, it gets boring and takes to long, xD.

Mattysaurus
April 16th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Yah, I love to see Pokemon in action...

bobandbill
April 16th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I always battle everyone I see, from the darkest caves to those trainers in the gyms. I don't find that it takes too much effort (especially with Repels), and it's free experience + money in most cases!

BHwolfgang
April 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I only for Trainers and Gym Leaders.

I'm too lazy for towers.

Honest
April 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Caves, I guess. Dunno why, really.

Gyms, nope. I avoid the trainers as much as I can. xD

Cold Fusion
April 17th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I usually try to beat all the trainers in the game for the caves and gym, but I never really go to the tower. I'm too lazy. xD

Crissy xX

Vindog223
April 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I battle all the trainers but if I am in a rush to go some where or while im surfing I avoid trainers.

True Reign
April 17th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Yes, I do. I want the maximum amount of experience points possible before I challenge the next gym leader.

Rinku
April 17th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I do at first. When I buy a re-make or second version, it gets really tedious and predictable, so I avoid them.

Nnoitra Jiruga
April 17th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I just walk willingly in front of them. 8 D
Lol, they might think I'm wack or something C:<

ckret2
April 17th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Meh, sometimes. I battle about... 80% of the trainers? Maybe 85%? Usually I'll battle them, but occasionally I want to get on with the plot so just skip them, then sometimes come back later to battle them and sometimes just don't bother. (And so on occasion, after I beat the game, I'll be zooming along with my level 50+ team and suddenly be stopped to battle by some cocky kid that I missed, with three level 12 Pokémon.) I'm more likely to skip trainers when I know the approximate level of the next gym leader's Pokémon and know that my team's several levels above that.

There are a couple of exceptions to this: I always battle every member of Team Whatever and I always battle every trainer in a gym, even if I don't have to.

Espeon Master
April 18th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I battle everyone, no matter how many trips to the poke'center it takes. Battling the trainers is the easiest way to get exp.

Tacogeddon
April 19th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I usually end up battling nearly everyone I come across out of sheer traveling, just because I forget who I have and haven't battled, I'll stumble across another unfinished one sooner or later.

Blasted trainers and their silly rotating in one place, making me play Metal Gear Pokemon and try to slip past them.

OokamiShipper
April 19th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Yes, of course! I love battling, and it's good for training and money.
Though, if my Pokemon are weak, I try to avoid them. xP
But I always come back later for any I've missed. >3

Wyyrlokk
April 19th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Of course I defeat them all - the more fighting experience my Pokemon get, the stronger they become. After playing the games so long, I know every single trainer very well and locate them all even in cages or while surfing. I usually take a lot of potions whit me, so I don´t have to run back to the Pokecenter often 8only to fill up the attacks).

But sometimes, when I know I´m going to add a weak-leveled Pokemon to my team, I avoid all trainers on my way till I get that Pokemon - then I come back to them to train the weak Pokemon while fighting against them. ^^

pokerus34
April 20th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Yeah...

I leave no trainer unbattled...

But i skip them sometimes.

Nevertheless, I come back so that my other Pokemon earns experience!

Heia Bro! :)

P.S. = Haha

Zacch2
April 20th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I have never. Never in Pokémon games have i fought trainers. I use cheats and get wild Pokémon that are levels above mine, but weak to my type. Like if i had my Lvl. 99 or 98 Entei, i would put cheats for a Lvl. 100 Sceptile or other Grass-type to fight against.

§
April 20th, 2009, 03:04 PM
It all depends. If I am in a rush, like chaining a shiny or getting a legend or going to a Gym or something, no, I'll probably skip the trainers. Otherwise, yes, I try to fight them all.

Lana.
April 20th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Yup. Except, maybe, in foggy caves (too much trouble, with moves missing every which way), and in the water (because we all know a Tentacool/Tenatacruel can be just as annoying as Zubat/Golbat).

More battling = more experience and money = easy game

WiiMann
April 20th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I skip them all and train when i need to urgently

Gold95
April 21st, 2009, 02:02 AM
I have never. Never in Pokémon games have i fought trainers. I use cheats and get wild Pokémon that are levels above mine, but weak to my type. Like if i had my Lvl. 99 or 98 Entei, i would put cheats for a Lvl. 100 Sceptile or other Grass-type to fight against.

You're a CHEATER!!!!! CHEATING TO GET POKéMON AT LEVEL 100!
I have never used cheats ^_^

Toshiro.
April 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
Sometimes I battle them, but mostly for training. So yeah, I battle most of the trainers in the game.

Tyranitar042
April 25th, 2009, 09:49 AM
You're a CHEATER!!!!! CHEATING TO GET POKéMON AT LEVEL 100!
I have never used cheats ^_^

That wasn't necessary if he cheats its ok at least he isnt using all rare candy. Cheating is aloud in-game if not then there wouldnt be any cheats, right?

anyways, i usually battle everyone depending on my first pokemon i choose.
fire-stay away from water trainers even if i have something to beat them idky
water-everybaody no matter who it is
grass-hardly anybody mostly wild pokemon

Pokedude45
April 26th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I will literally make sure there is no trainers on that route just to train my pokemon and to make sure i never see them again

ArmedDragoon
April 26th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I not only hunt down and battle every trainer within sight, I abuse the VS. Seeker when I run out and battle them again. Not so much for the EXP as for the massive money with Amulet Coin. Hahahahaha, surrender your valuables!

msdmario
April 26th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I've always battled every trainer since the R/B/Y days. I don't like experience points going to waste since trainers always give more experience than wild Pokemon.

I fell in love when they added the Vs. Seeker in FR/LG because it is far more convenient to get a rematch than the Pokegear or the Match Call from R/S/E.