PDA

View Full Version : What if Eevee Evolution Continue?

Pochama95
April 17th, 2009, 02:43 PM
If pokemon were to continue do you think they would keep adding to the Eevee evolutions? What types of Eevee's should they make cause a rock eevee would be improbable.
Not all types are done yet and there could be new ways of evolution.

I would love to see a flying type Eevee.

dutchmuffin77
April 17th, 2009, 03:00 PM
i think they would continue making eveelutions but i cant really picture a flying one being made.

Dominus Temporis
April 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM
In first through third gens, Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, and Ice were all Special types. There's only one left that hasn't been used for an Eeveelution, and that's Dragon, so if I had to bet I'd say that'd be next.

Flying and Steel are also ones I'd like to see, and Bug if it looked good.

ReyRey-Pyon
April 17th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Dragon hasn't been used

Nor NORMAL TYPE, no there isn't a normal eeveelution, as eevee cannot evolve into eevee x]

I'd like to see a Steel or Ghost next

Bigdog
April 17th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I have one in my hack; It's just there so I could fit all of the evolutions of Eevee so far. I would like a Bug one based on a dragonfly and a fighting one based on a kangaroo.

Rinku
April 17th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Yes, I'd love to see what monstrocity they'll come up with next *is thinking how lazy Nintendo was when making designs for most of the D/P Poke's* hopefully a ghost or dragon type eeveelution won't be an epic-fail like Bidoof...

NDS525
April 17th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I just want a flying eevolution!
Flying type or dragon type!
Whatever!
I just want a flying eevolution, that would rock!

xxChazxx
April 18th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I like the idea of a flying or a fighting one.

RYOUKI
April 18th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I can picture a flying type Eevee, like Shaymin. xD

I'd like to see a Ghost or Flying type. A Dragon-type would be cool too.

Hamako-chan
April 18th, 2009, 01:55 AM
I want a flying type, rock type and steel type.

Superjub
April 18th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Well, I cant really picture a normal type eeveelution. Meh, I just dont think it would work. :\ I mean, it would basically be Eevee evolving into a stronger Eevee, so would it have to be trained in a normal environment. O_o Plus, what would it be called? Normaleon, Plaineon or something like that? :\ I just can't see it working. :(

However, I think a bug type eeveelution would be quite good. Eevee would have to be trained in a forest or something. A ghost type eeveelution would work too. :D For a flying eeveelution, since there is no air stone and since if you had to train it somewhere, wouldn't you have to train it in the sky? I cant really see it working (or it would be hard to implement) though Espeon kind of broke this rule (stone or trained in a certain area) so I guess it could work. Yeah, these are all the ideas I can come up with. XD

Drapion
April 18th, 2009, 05:21 AM
I preferred Eevee with it's first 3 evolutions, I wouldn't mind seeing a flying or fighting one though :)

BHwolfgang
April 18th, 2009, 07:40 AM
If they do, then how will they evolve?

I'm not a fan of an evolution for every type for Eevee. It would be like a mini-Arceus.

EagleVision1999
April 18th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Ghost= Dusk Stone, Leveling up in the night while carrying a special item, evolving though unhappiness (would be something new)

Flying: Shiny Stone, Levelling up while holding a special Item, Lvelling up after fights with flying types

Bug: Levelling up in a forest and happiness (just not near thi stone in eterna city)

Dragon:Levelling up with maxed out beauty or smart stats (or another, whatever would fit this evolution best) or tradeing while holding a special Item

Fighting: Levelling up in a cave to a certain Level

Steel: Trading while holding Metal coat.

I'm not a fan of an evolution for every type for Eevee. It would be like a mini-Arceus.
Yeah, they could overdo it...

Giraffles <3
April 18th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I really think they should stop, but a lot of Eevee fans would probably love to see more that they could idolize :3.

DonRoyale
April 18th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Dominus' logic sounds plausible; however, Dragon-type Eevee seems a bit broken. We have enough ridiculously overused and overrated Dragon-types out there.

But my opinion is they should stop evolving the damn thing already. >_>

Abaddon
April 18th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Waiting for Eevee evolutions in the day and night that evolve from NEGATIVE friendship. Dark Eevees. That would be pretty neat.

Virtu0so
April 18th, 2009, 01:30 PM

I agree. I think they have enough as it is..but I do think a Flying or Seel type would be next.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
April 18th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Poison type? Level up when in a polluted environment XD

or maybe you give it a poisonous berry...

TheNinetales
April 18th, 2009, 07:27 PM
In this order: Dragon, Ghost, Flying, Fighting, Steel, and Bug. I just can't imagine an Eevee as a Dragon, Flying, Steel or Bug.. Fighting and Ghost are possible.

Lt_Nite
April 18th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I think a ghost Eevee would be pretty cool, but I think they should stop, I didn't really like the 4th gen Eeveelutions that much seemed kinda pointless.

Lady Gaga
April 19th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I think a ghost Eevee would be pretty cool, but I think they should stop, I didn't really like the 4th gen Eeveelutions that much seemed kinda pointless.

XD but in you rtrainer card you have a Glaceon o.o

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways...im just really hoping for Dragon-Type and Ground Type.

I dont think they would do Ghost or Fighting, since Normal (eevee) has strengths and weakensses to it (imagine evolving to a Fighting Type Eeveelution that could kill its own babies! o.o)

Dragon Type Eevee: Trade

Ground Type Eevee: Evolve while in a sandstorm (not move, but actual sandstorm in game)

eric402
April 19th, 2009, 05:19 AM
i would agree with flying evee...... that what be awsome. dragon type evee........ i pictured it in my head and it aint lookin so pretty....(l0l)

FLYING EVEE FTW@!!!!!

Skaterzpenguin
April 19th, 2009, 06:05 AM
That would be insane if Eevee evolutions continue. Although a rock and a dragon type would be cool for an Eevee evolution. =D

.Ozymandias
April 19th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I'd love to see a Dragon and Flying type, but the others I could live without.

Personally, I loved Leafeon and Glaceon (Glaceon was my first shiny!), but it could all go too far.

Lt_Nite
April 19th, 2009, 08:10 AM
XD but in you rtrainer card you have a Glaceon o.o

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways...im just really hoping for Dragon-Type and Ground Type.

I dont think they would do Ghost or Fighting, since Normal (eevee) has strengths and weakensses to it (imagine evolving to a Fighting Type Eeveelution that could kill its own babies! o.o)

Dragon Type Eevee: Trade

Ground Type Eevee: Evolve while in a sandstorm (not move, but actual sandstorm in game)
Yeah I know lol I like Glaceon as a team member, but as a poke itself it's not as good as the generations before.

JP
April 19th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I'll be happy once I see a ghost evolution, steel would be nice too though. I can't imagine seeing a dragon type evolution. o__O

jakex
April 19th, 2009, 08:27 AM
What if vee became a pokemon with 3 types

Reina
April 19th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I'd like to see (as stated above) a normal eevee-loution, something it would naturally evolve into. A dragon would be nice too but I'm not sure how it'd look.. a flying would be cute also, and a poison maybe.

Lana.
April 19th, 2009, 10:32 AM
(Gosh darnit! The back button on my mouse is too sensitive. I had to do this all over again -___-)

Despite the pattern of the typing, let's say it wasn't going to be a dragon type (and it most likely will be).

We can pretty much toss out a ghost-type evo. Why? Because all of the eeveelutions (including eevee) can learn Shadow Ball--even the offense-minded ones. I also doubt a bug-type, because the Special Attackers (Glaceon, Espeon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon) can all learn Signal Beam (but there's nothing barring a physical bug type).

Remember, Eeveelutions are not meant to be flexible or versatile. They're meant to excel at two areas with one type and one type only (Vaporeon maybe being an exception, with a strong Ice-Type move at its disposal). Dragon-type, of course, is most likely at this point. But what about the stats? Will the most likely spread support a typical dragon-type movepool? Let's take a looksee, shall we?

All Eeveelutions have a 60/65/65/95/110/130 spread. (And a completely balanced evo is both likely and unlikely. If the next evo ends up being the last, I don't fully doubt a balanced evo. But if there's more to come, I don't expect them to break the pattern anytime soon.) We can take a look at which Eevee evos command (and don't command) each stat.

HP: Vaporeon has 130, Umbreon 95. The rest have 65.
Attack: Flareon holds the 130 spot, and Leafeon has 110. The rest are 60 or 65.
Defense: Leafeon has 130. Umbreon and Glaceon have 110, and the rest are 60 (my god, that's pitiful o_0).
Special Attack: Glaceon and Espeon have 130, Jolteon and Vaporeon 110. Flareon has 95.
Special Defense: Umbreon has 130. Flareon has 110, and the rest (excluding Leafeon) have 95. Leafeon has 65.
Speed: Jolteon has 130, Espeon has 110. Leafeon has 95, and the rest are 65.

With this distribution, I think we can rule out another special attacker. Out of the types we have left (Bug, Dragon, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Poison, Rock, and Steel) most are Physical attack-minded. Dragon type is the exception (there are only three physical dragon moves).

Ghost I already ruled out. Bug is viable if its going to be a physical attack-minded stat distribution. Ground I doubt due to the fact they can all learn Dig, but its still possible. Flying is certainly possible, seeing as we still don't have a pure flying type and only Leafeon can learn a flying move (Aerial Ace).

Truth be told, it could be any of the remaining types. Heck, if it ends up being the last evo, I don't doubt a normal type evo. (130 Attack and 110 speed would kick butt, though a normal evo would be the most likely candidate for a balanced stat distribution.)

But another we have to keep in mind, other than the technical aspects, is that an Eevee evolves for the same reason animals do: to adapt. Vaporeon was a result of an eevee being around Water. Jolteon from being exposed to electricity, Flareon to extremely warm temperatures. Espeon and Umbreon evolved from the exposure to sunlight and moonlight, respectively. Leafeon was from living in a forest, and Glaceon from living in the cold.

Bugs live in forests, but Leafeon covers that. Dragon types... I don't know what you would need to evolve into that. Fighting may result from living in a harsh area. I would say mountains, but then what makes Fighting different from Steel or Rock? Either one of those could from the exposure to mountains, so which one would it be? Flying makes the most sense, if an eevee is forced to dwell in the air. Poison could come from too much exposure to toxic conditions. Maybe an Eevee spent too much time in the Underground and evolved into a ground type. As for ghost... it would have something to do with death.

We'll just have to see ^^ I'll keep holding out for a flying or dragon evo, though, no matter my reasoning.

Edit: (Jeez. That was all over the place xD)

Blue Nocturne
April 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I think a dragon type eevee is in order, but limited to mostly dragon moves, to avoid it becoming overpowered when compared to the other eeveelutions. Ghost would be nice but i dont see it happening.
My opinion is that there should be another eevee-like pokemon, that evolves into all the physical types. This 'second eevee' would mean there would be no mini arceus (even though once eevee has evolved theres no going back, unlike arceus), but satisfy fans requests for more eeveelutions.

The pokemon could have radically different evolution methods from eevee, to make it more unique. A different stat spread would assist in differentiating the group from Eevee and its evolutions.

Pochama95
April 20th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Dragon hasn't been used

Nor NORMAL TYPE, no there isn't a normal eeveelution, as eevee cannot evolve into eevee x]

I'd like to see a Steel or Ghost next

yeah a ghost eevee would be cool

Kaori
April 20th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I would like to see a bug type Eevee and a Flying type Eevee. xD

Since they haven't made a single flying type pokemon without any other types in that flying type, I think that the flying Eevee type would only be a flying type. :)