PDA

View Full Version : Lessons You've Learned From Pokemon.

Peanutz
April 21st, 2009, 02:45 PM
Because the Pokemon series has so many things to teach us. ^_^

I've learned that it's okay to waltz into people's houses with out knocking,
that rodents can apparently control electricity,
and that as soon as you're ten years old, you're allowed to travel around alone and battle strangers.

So, what have you learned from Pokemon?

BadCompany
April 21st, 2009, 02:46 PM
That it's ok to make animals your slaves and battle for your enjoyment.

DonRoyale
April 21st, 2009, 02:53 PM
Never fight someone.

If you lose, you have the guy who beat you half your money. As if the fact that you'll probably end up in hospital with a ridiculously expensive bill isn't bad enough.

And hey, if you're lucky, he won't kill you and take the other half >_>

BadCompany
April 21st, 2009, 02:54 PM
In real life it would end with RAPE. Especially if you're a girl.

Peanutz
April 21st, 2009, 03:04 PM
. . . But what if you're a guy and the person who won was a girl?

BadCompany
April 21st, 2009, 03:06 PM
Then it's obviously consensual.

Peanutz
April 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM

Ah, I see.

Anyway, another thing I've learned from Pokemon is that if you throw away plush dolls, they'll become alive and hunt you down. (Referring to Banette, of course.)

Lt_Nite
April 21st, 2009, 03:30 PM
I learned that a Magically horse thing rules over all pokemon, which is pretty sweet in my opinion. Also, that if bad guys come you can just blast them away with some electricity, and that no matter how high they seem to go, they end up fine next encounter.

b0RicU4™
April 23rd, 2009, 08:20 PM
under no circumstances never walk into grass :P

Tacogeddon
April 23rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
I learned that all species in the entire world lay eggs.

Yes even that one.

Åzurε
April 23rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
:P @ taco, I learned Pokemon can dance even if covered in fire, large stones and tree stumps (super contests). XD

Psyburn
April 24th, 2009, 06:17 AM
That Game freak likes making things tedious to piss you off.

Cassino
April 24th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I'm trying to think of something serious, apparently unlike everyone before me... but no, Pokemon isn't an educational game, it's an entertainment game.

Charliezard
April 24th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Water puts out fire...eh, I started young.

Åzurε
April 24th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Even when in a life-or-death fight against an evil sociopath in an alternate universe, you still have to take turns.

Artemis
April 24th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I've learned that if you are blasted thousands of feet high into the air, and coming crashing down to the ground, you'll still stay alive :)

Åzurε
April 24th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I leaned that dads don't actually exist unless they're a gym leader or a Brain.

Opposite Day
April 24th, 2009, 11:52 AM
A hat and a pair of glasses makes for a perfect disguise, no matter what.

Artemis
April 24th, 2009, 02:18 PM
A cat can be represented as a talking human, even with the worst disguise.

Kaori
April 24th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I learned that you should never give up on your dreams. :)

Raaji
April 24th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I learned that you should never give up on your dreams. :)
Ah, you broke the not serious string. Well, here I go.
When you hear about something legendary, they are the most powerful things ever. When you encounter them, they are as weak as a pinky toe.

Wolfwhispers
April 24th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I've learned that the past 'god' pokemon is eventually overshadowed by the 'new' god pokemon, because Gamefreak can't make up their mind on who should be the ruler. : / Also learned that anyone who is against the main hero is obviously a bad guy and free will is forbidden.

Tacogeddon
April 24th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I learned that time travel is possible, but only for baseball-sized objects.

Sweet Candace
April 24th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Treat Pokemon the way you want to be treated. Never treat them like dirt.

Person Number 3
April 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I learned that little 2-inch balls can hold whales! Game Freak tought me well!

I learned that adults from evil organisations never fight you themselves, or harm you! You both just use your little animal slaves!

I learned that monkeys are pyrotechnic! Be very afraid!

Åzurε
April 24th, 2009, 09:05 PM
that's pyromaniacal.

I also learned that disguising yourself as a rock is very hard to do. Thanks, Mr. Looker! :D

pokerus34
April 24th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I learned that if you don't treat those cute things or even those big things nicely, you'll end up in a hospital with a bill of $5,000,000,000 dollars... :)

But, the moral i learned, is to treat your partners and friends nicely...

Love your neighbors as you love yourself! :)

P.S. xD

♣Gawain♣
April 24th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I learned that cooperation and unity are essential to challenges you face. Treat your pet nicely, then you'll be rewarded.

On the other hand, I learned that you can be fried a lot of times without killing yourself. >.>

wnxvale
April 25th, 2009, 04:23 PM
i learned that when u dig, u actually fly up oO

xxChazxx
April 25th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Pokemon Red actually taught me that water was a great conductor of electriciy.
That got me into science and now I love the stuff. Basically it changed my life.

Also, that no food is needed to survive. EVER.
And birds don't eat bugs or berries, but potions and vending machine drinks.

Edit:

i learned that when u dig, u actually fly up oO

lol, i got that XD

Zorua
April 25th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Never become mad at a Pokemon game.

Remember people, it's just a game.

This stopped like a long time ago, however. I just felt like pointing this out. ^_^

Ruphire
April 25th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I've learned... Fighting is always the answer.

Monochrome
April 25th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Well.... I learned that **** fighting is highly illegal... Well actually I didn't learn that with Pokemon ... Pokemon is more like why I experimented with it :D! Oh and I learned that Daycare is a lot more complicated than I thought.... Farfetched+Rhyhorn=Rhyhorn?

Azonic
April 25th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I learned that humans like Ash never need to crap.

Åzurε
April 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM
@ Cherii: Option #2.

...I meant in my sig. <<

I learned that even though you don't need to eat, guards get thirsty.

Blaziken_Boy
April 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I learned that if something starts out cute, it's going to end up as a totally awesome tool of destruction that could win a fight against Chuck Norris. And Bruce Lee. And Chuck Lee. And Bruce Norris.

Blue Nocturne
April 25th, 2009, 11:09 PM
ive learned that people stay up all night, every night and only ever speak to one person.

That gods can be tamed and controlled by a ten year old.

That powerful and evil organisations can be overthrown by a pre-teen.

tham many more trainers than everyone though have terrible eyesight.

Superjub
April 26th, 2009, 02:37 AM
That onions can time travel *cough*Celebi*cough*. :P
Oh, and you can keep a Groudon in a small PokeBall or Apricorn. Who knew? XD

SBaby
April 26th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Oh, you had to make this topic... Alrighty. Let's begin. I'll start with some RPG cliches that work in Pokemon.

Get up, Kid!

Trainers often begin the first day of their career by oversleeping, being woken up by their mother, and being reminded that they slept so late that they missed the meeting with the Professor.

He's Proud? But Daddy Is... Where Is He?

Most Trainers only have a mother and no father, either because they walked out on their nagging mother or because they went crazy from flashbacks of their Pokemon adventure and took their own life.

Professor Forestman

All Professors are named after trees. If there is ever a Trainer with a last name that is a tree, then he or she must at some point become a Professor.

Logan's Run -5

At exactly the age of 10, every child is required by law to receive a possibly feral pet and take a journey out into a dangerous world filled with wild, lethal, and often rabid creatures in order to prove themselves as adults. Fortunately...

That Episode of House With the Chicken

Trainers don't have to fight said creatures themselves. They can let their pets do all the fighting for them. After all, better them than us. Unfortunately...

The Inexperienced Professional

Regardless of how good Trainers get at raising Pokemon, they will never gain a single level.

The Compulsories

Fire, Water, and Grass are always encountered, and almost immediately. But Steel, Dragon and Fighting aren't encountered right away. That would just be silly.

Crono's Complaint

The less the Trainer talks, the more words are put into his mouth, and therefore the more trouble he must get into through no fault of his own.

If It's Not Nailed Down... (Kender Rule)

All Trainers are professional thieves. They can walk into just about anybody's house like the door wasn't even locked. They just barge right in and start looking for stuff. Anything they can find that's not nailed down is theirs to keep. Trainers will often walk into perfect strangers' houses, lift their precious artifacts, and then chat with them like they were old neighbors right before heading back out with the poor guy's family heirlooms under their arm. Unfortunately, this never works in stores...

Dimensional Transcendence Principle

Buildings are much, much larger on the inside than on the outside, and that doesn't even count the secret maze of tunnels in the basement.

Meowth, Whatsit?

If you ever encounter a cat with a Brooklyn accent, chances are you'll have to see it at least ten more times over the next month.

KurlyFries
April 26th, 2009, 06:52 PM
not to punch anything at 250m/s. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=176876)

Yup. I got my edumucation furm Pokyamans

True Reign
April 26th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I learned that you can eat or drink every few days and never go to the bathroom.

SBaby
April 28th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Pokemon are Good, Humans are Bad

Humans are the only creatures in the world capable of evil. Regardless of how many people any Pokemon has viciously murdered in the past, or whether or not said Pokemon has tried to kill the main character, it's not really evil if he or she is a Pokemon. Therefore we can deduce that if a Pokemon destroys half the world, then the men, women, children, babies and other Pokemon living on that half must've had it coming.

The CriminaL
April 29th, 2009, 04:55 AM
That they're stalkers on every corner.

airindia787
April 29th, 2009, 04:43 PM
That one can cram an animal the size of the Burj Dubai into a ball the size of one's palm.

That buildings are much bigger on the inside than on the outside.

That Pokemon can cry one back to life.

Missingno.7-4468
April 29th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I learned that a pathetic fish can turn into a huge dragon-like thing.

MUSION
April 30th, 2009, 02:04 AM
I learned that bad guys never win :D

Also that you can cram your Pokemon full of drugs and not get disqualified from the league.

Oh yeah, in the seas of Hoenn, you can either breath underwater or hold your breath forever.

Psyburn
April 30th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I learned that Beldum is Dan Hibiki, for he taunts you everytime he escapes your balls.

Vie
April 30th, 2009, 06:32 AM
I have learned how to use glitches in RL.
And that pimped table tennis rackets are ugly and look grimly.

http://www.pokemontrash.com/pokedex/images/artworks/211.jpg

Shadow Umbreon Xd 002
May 3rd, 2009, 07:39 AM
I learned that you ride things that are half the size of you and that its ok to take peoples money after you defeat them.

Second Coming of Jebus
May 3rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
I learnt that you get the only room in the house, along with a comfortable bed, computer and/or gaming console while your mother lives downstairs in the kitchen/lounge room. I've also learnt that parenting is alot easier since you only have to take care of your kids til the age 10 when they leave home.

The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
May 3rd, 2009, 08:49 AM
[css-div="width: 98%; background-color: silver; color: black; border-color: steelblue; border-width: 10px; border-style: solid; margin: 0; font: Arial black; text-align: centre;"][css-div="text-align: center; background-color: Black; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-top: 8px; font-size: 30pt; font-variant: small-caps; border-bottom: 4px solid steelblue; color: White;"]My Post.....[/css-div][/css-div]

[css-div="width: 98%; background-color: silver; color: black; border-color: SteelBlue; border-width: 10px; border-style: solid; margin: 0; font: Tahoma; text-align: centre;"]
I learned to read with the pokemon games,pokemon taught me to like english,also they taught me to be stubborn.How is this possible?

5 years ago,i wanted badly a flygon.But i didn't knew what his previous evolutions were,so i can catch them,train them,and then have the flygon.I was frustated,and i trained 20 pokemon in the area of the pokedex,where the flygon was.I found out that it was a trapinch. o.0
I never imagined that it'd be that pokemon.

Please don't make fun of me.
[/css-div]
[css-div="text-align: center; background-color: #eaeaea; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-top: 2px; border-bottom: 1px dotted blue;"][css-span="font-size: 8pt; color: black;"]I'm not writing every time i post this CSS design[/css-span][/css-div]

Second Coming of Jebus
May 3rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Lol sounds like something I'd do, but I had the internetz and also a friend that new every poke and it's evolutions XD

Person Number 3
May 3rd, 2009, 05:45 PM
I learned that apes have either fiery tails or fiery heads.
I learned that experience in the world is given to you in points.
I learned that creatures can only know four things to do.

Shadow Lucas
May 3rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
I learned that theres know bathrooms and you can live youre live without eating

Zanny77
May 5th, 2009, 08:04 AM
That was horribly sexist.

zerwey
May 5th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I learned that humans like Ash never need to crap.

Lol, you're right.

Also, I learned that they never shower, take a bath, drink water, eat food, all the necessities of life.

They only walk, run, ride, battle, and sleep. ):

Dextrose
May 5th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I learned that whenever you lose a battle you will either lose consciousness on the spot or rush to the nearest Pokemon Center and then do so.

Master Terrador
May 5th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I learned that An Evil bar code thing lives at the Coast of Tropical Islands...

And that A Sea Dragon that evolved from a carp can presumably Fly...O.o

And that mythical creatures are So stupid...they can only do 4 things...

Åzurε
May 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I learned that it's possible to render unconscious avatars of nature, the god of death, and the time/space continuum, but if a dude in a space suit is standing in front of you, there's nothing you can do about it. Until you beat a Gym Leader, of course.

Artemis
May 5th, 2009, 07:11 PM
With Pokémon I actually learned that even if the bird is as small as a Hoothoot, you can still fly to far distances no matter how big you are xD

Misheard Whisper
May 23rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
I learned that even if your Pokemon knows how to smash the rock or cut down the tree blocking your way, you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO until you get a new badge. >_> Duh.

And if you're on some quest to save the world from collapsing, and you screw up, it's OK! Just go off, train for another 5 hours of gameplay, and go back! Cynthia and Cyrus will still be having a staring match in the Distortion World! Whee!

And every item in the world looks like a Pokeball when it's lying on the ground. No exceptions.

I also learned that when a Pokemon faints, it won't wake up until you take it to a Pokemon Center or feed it a small, diamond-shaped piece of who-knows-what. Really, what do they make medicine out of?

Bad guys never attack YOU. The sensible thing to do would be to pull out a handgun and blow the ten-year-old's head off, but instead they use their pogeymanz to . . . well, get pwned by a kid. Then they run away, leaving the kid to wander freely through the place they were guarding.

Grunts in an evil HQ never raise the alarm after they lose, just standing around listlessly.

If you're a fully grown adult, working for a nationwide crime ring, and you lose to a kid, it's excusable if you say that your only intention was to hold him/her up while the boss gets away/steals the legendary Pokemon.

I have talked too much.

Oh, and playing lullabies wakes things up.

Melodyfree
May 23rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
*If you swim around a beach shore long enough, you'll either encounter a glitchy abomination or an impossibly strong powerhouse.

*Humans only know how to walk, run, battle, sleep and use a computer. Pokemon take care of all the other stuff.

*Most 10-year-olds have the physical and mental capacity to run around an entire country collecting badges and money from other trainers, then challenging the strongest of all and becoming a worldwide phenomenon in under a week if they believe hard enough.

*Stealing pokemon from trainers is bad, but breaking and entering into somebody's house to steal everything that isn't nailed to a wall is a-ok!

*Nobody ever carries a weapon around, especially not the villains! They use poorly-trained pokemon instead, and rather than alerting their higher-ups they just run away and allow you to explore the place.

*Mythical gods can be controlled by a small child if they have enough flimsy pieces of colored metal.

*The world stands completely still until you do something, and if you lose you can just try again! It's not like anything important will happen while you're gone!

*Birds without wings can fly you across a country, and pokemon smaller than your hand can guide you across vast amounts of water comfortably.

*If the battery runs dry, time stops. Time gods be damned! Sucks for you, kid.

*If you don't have friends, you're either a villain or a failure.

*The only crime that exists is stealing other people's pokemon. Anything and everything else is excusable.

*Every animal, bug, fish and plant in the world is oviparous. Except mythical gods, they can't reproduce at all. So much for heirs, eh? I guess once they're dead the world is doomed.

*A live pink jell-o can reproduce with every living creature on the planet. Humans are probably included.

*Sometimes if you illegally obtain too many steroids for your pokemon, they'll morph into rotten eggs and you will die soon after.

Andcetera
May 23rd, 2009, 03:21 PM
I learned that after the 2nd season of any show, its no longer worth your time.

giradialkia
May 23rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
I've learned that evil organisations have no problem with referring to themselves that way.
I've learned that girl's were forbidden to leave the homeplace for 3 whole years (not being sexist, you probably know what i mean anyways..).
I've learned that Dialga and Palkia affect the game in no way whatsoever, and share the same visual-effects sequence (which sucks).
I've learned that Regigiga's is useless, and in fact, only one Pokemon.
Education is not compulsory for 10 year old children. Neither is nutrition, or personal hygene.
Lugia is not a water type (wtf?).
Small mice kill whales with relative ease.
Running did not exist for several years.
It's ok to soft reset, that dragon's not going anywhere..
Cresselia sucks.
It's entirely possible to have intercourse with anything of the opposite gender, be it plant, fish, machine, or creature.
A six foot tall turtle can shoot water from cannons on it's back.
Yeah, Pokemon teaches alot...

Heiheipig
May 23rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
I learned that:

The "Don't talk to strangers rule doesn't apply.
Wearing dorky outfits doesn't get you mocked.
You can still drink without a mouth.
People are great! You can stare at them for hours, and they won't do a thing.

Norcinu
May 24th, 2009, 08:45 AM
That was horribly sexist.

Barely :9

But sexist jokes are thrown around from time to time but it was only for light hearted fun and based off the majority of how males would react to such a situation. Besides it wasn't that bad at all but if it hit some raw nerve in you then just forget about it. Nothing ill-meant.

Britney's Circus
May 24th, 2009, 11:16 AM
That Playboy Bunnies are actually called Lopunny.

fenyx4
May 24th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Awesome thread. Some of these posts that I've read are really funny/interesting! :laugh: Here are some of mine; I didn't think I'd have this many at first. Sorry if some of them are too obscure/don't make sense...: (Spoilered for length.)

In a floating log city, a old man can't see a darn island for crap. But bring in a certain animal in your party, and his blindness is magically cured. Until that animal leaves your party, of course.

Bells are freaking hard to find on mountains. :t358:

Trendy phrases help some fish change locations. :t349:

Such fish can only grow if they are beautiful. If you're ugly, too bad! :t350:

Viruses actually help you get stronger. o_O

You haven't fully experienced ugliness until you see a rock-nose compass chunk and a ghost...thing that's sealed in a stone and is obsessed with the number 108.

If you press "Down" once, you can have a staring contest with the screen forever.

Even if a new town is a few steps away from you/is in your line of sight, you have to physically BE IN the town to fly to it.

Animals can move out of the "Summary Screen" picture box with ease?!

Fire can exist underwater. Even though certain fiery reptiles :t004: can die by getting their tail flame wet, they can still survive after being completely submerged in water.

By simply AIMING FOR TEH HORN, you can do almost anything!! :t112:

Though many people have KO'd wild animals for experience, you never see any unconscious/dead bodies lying around after the battle.

If you illegally obtain Berries or Machines using certain devices, you can stare at the "Poke Ball" pocket in your bag forever. Also, whatever's in your TM/HM and Berries Pockets becomes unreadable.

If you illegally encounter/create certain Pokemon, those Pokemon can become rotten eggs when transferred to other lands. Also, meeting Pokemon illegally can paralyze you forever while you're running around.

Two jewels are the key to the Internet's existence.

An animal that is presumed to have created all other animals can still get its butt kicked by the animals it created. WTF?

Female mimes are constantly referred to as males.

If you're a bee, a venomous moth, or a floating magnet (not counting Magnet Rise), you can still get hit by Earthquakes and other ground attacks despite the rules saying you're supposed to be immune when flying/levitating.

Hedgehogs can turn into flying reindeer with wings for ears by holding flowers.

Explosions always signify your impending doom in battle facilities, no matter who caused then in the first place.

In another world (related to Pokemon) ;):

Little jiggling puffs can beat up and knockout super-powerful psychic cat clones, flying space animals, race-car drivers with guns, swordsmen, gorillas, plumbers, turtles, dragons, hedgehogs, psychic kids, princesses, giant floating gloves, bounty hunters, and other creatures with ease, all by resting for a bit.

Those stupid jiggling puffs can also get an instant growth spurt by grabbing rainbow-colored orbs. The growth is permanent if the orb is grabbed on certain stages.

A psychic cat clone can be super-powerful in one world, yet (sadly) it can become rubbish in another.

In another world, if you're a wolf moving at extreme speed, you can't hurt foes. But if you're an electric mouse, moving a little quickly to attack can. :t025:

People who refuse to believe that certain little Gold and Silver-colored pieces of plastic and metal will exist one day can only hope to facepalm in the future.

And by putting all your heart and soul into something (like making speculated plastic Gold and Silver cartridges real), you can actually influence game companies.

Almost any word can be used as a synonym for "rice balls/onigiri".

If you get involved with animals and masterminds of mirages:

Your voice can change DRAMATICALLY.

Digimon isn't supposed to exist. According to Professor Oak,"...you can't turn a soul into data!" :cer_cry: How could he say that? So I've been watching a lie since 1999? I think NOT! He just doesn't want any Pokemon competition, I guess...

Wait...if that's true, how is the Pokemon Storage System supposed to freaking exist?!

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Professor Oak contradicts himself and forgets stuff frequently. [/S-HIGHLIGHT] Apparently:

1. Oak forgot that animals obviously can be turned into data.2. In Sinnoh, Oak forgot in that there is currently no "white rock" to be seen in Kanto.
3. Though Oak told Ash that he would've gotten a Pokemon if he arrived earlier, Oak still would've been 1 Pokemon short for the would-be late Trainer if Ash and 2 other Trainers arrived earlier instead. He'd have to give out Pikachu regardless of having to resort to giving out Pikachu. Oak didn't realize he would actually need 4 Pokemon stocked, not just 3 Pokemon and Pikachu... (search EP001 and look under trivia for better understanding.)
4. Oak created a temporal paradox in Pokemon 4Ever: Voice of The Forest that contradicts time, but cancels #3 above (again, see EP001 trivia for more info)

Only people named Ash can save the world from birds.

If you give out mementos, you can become unconscious. A bonus: you weaken your foe as well!

Certain animals can use elemental stones as steroids.

To avoid steroid controversies, just eat berries to make everything all right! Your steroidal levels decrease instantly!

Berries can also give you defense against certain attacks. And if you eat a berry you hate, you can get confused.

Developing amnesia can build up defense. Using your belly as a drum makes you super-strong! (but saps half your energy). Also, walking around with a swagger in your step makes your foes stronger and confuses 'em.

Besides your genes, who you fight determines how strong you can be later in life.

In caves, running around makes animals appear out of nowhere.

Running around trying to catch/fight with 151+ funky animals can instantly start a fad.

Though villainous crime syndicates are wrong to sell animals, game companies can host events to make you waste time/gas money for certain animals.

People will actually take the time to collect a bunch of pixels and data from such events as well. On that note, n

Leftovers aren't nasty, they're great! They give you energy!

Don't say that someone died when they really were just roaming around and think no one will notice, because you'll regret it later on when someone starts telling chronicles about past events.

If you're a firefly, your level determines your kid's species.

Eternal stones can make your kid have the exact same personality as you 50% of the time. You can also do this if you're a psychic freak.

If you toss Whack-A-Moles, giant whales & orcas, or space deity animals into space while battling in a revolutionary manner, hilarity ensues.

While giant orcas and green dragons can stare at you intently, red dinosaurs would rather look away. (sorry about the obscurity of it; kudos to you if you get it!)

Really muscular men can be so pouty when they lose, especially in Kanto.

Computer soldiers can cost way more in one game version's gambling prize redemption area than they do in another.

Pigs can fly, if given the chance. All they need is someone with expert hacking skills.

If you're large, blissful, carry eggs around, boil them, and make illusory clones of yourself, you can piss off a lot of people.

If you replace blue-haired girls who have jogging shorts, many people will cry and/or hate you.

Even if you become a Champion, the Champion you beat will never leave the room, and you never get the title "Champion" to replace "Animal Trainer" in your name.

If you become a Champion 2 times or more, people keep on getting dazzled by your abilities, even when you just fought them 10 minutes ago. Looking at you, Cynthia. This is also evident when you fight a strong Hawaiian girl in a tropical regions; she keeps on wondering how far your bond will take you even after you've beaten the Elite 4 and other batttle facilities multiple times

Old dragon masters are idiots. They think that you need a virtuous heart to win battles, when all you really need is better moves and stronger animals than them. They also think that the Elite 4 is the best place for battles, when there are plenty of people/places with stronger animals than them.

If a Dog Roars you away, your electronic encyclopedia cannot track the Dog's location again. Also, your electronic encyclopedia needs you to be outside battle facilities to track animal sightings.

Overgrown lilypads love to dance.

Game companies really hate pirates, especially when they use SeaGallop ferries. :pirate: Their hatred is just hidden to the naked eye. ;)

Other trainers can't turn their heads for crap. You have to be directly in their line of sight for them to see and battle you. Also, if you're in a fight, you're magically paralyzed until your animals finish fighting.

You have a 1 in 8192 chance of seeing funky-colored animals covered in glitter.

Catching and fighting with animals can be rewarding/addicting. But if you get a diploma for it, you can't keep the diploma. :(

Redheads and psychic freaks (with makeovers) can be HOT. Also, a certain redhead can make her gym very hot and steamy.

The government is so incompetent. 10-year-old kids are always required to end crises. And leaders of gyms almost freakin' everyone else in the world are/ is so lazy! Many of them have animals that are much stronger than your animals during the crises, so they could easily handle the situation themeselves. But NO... They just stand in their gyms/houses as if nothing's happening to the world.

If it's raining on a route right before a treehouse city, you just have to take one step into the city to make the rain disappear.

Once a weather crisis is over, old men have nothing better to do than stand in front of a cave forever to let it "rest".

An unconscious animal can't do crap in a fight, but it can do plenty of tasks outside a fight without any energy.

In a world primarily centered on animals fighting each other, you can banished to a distorted world for violence.

If you're a girl, and your name begins with "Azu" and ends in "Rill", you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a sex change later in life just by growing up. FREAKY. O_O

Though members of the league (as well as rivals) can use animals evolved at illegal levels or with illegal actions without penalty, if you do it, you get labeled as a n00b/cheater/hacker for life.

Even though psychic foxes are supposedly way smarter than humans with high IQ, they still don't know what to do with man-made items. Also, even though they're really smart, they still only know how to do 4 things.

Don't throw rocks at sparrows :t021: or taunt weak, red fish :t129:; you'll regret it later in life. :t022: :t130:

Once you catch an animal, you need at least one with you at all times.

Abnormal electric mice can fluctuate in level frequently, being very powerful in one region and weak as crap in the next. And this process repeats and continues... :t025:

If you ride on water on the back of one animal, you can use another animal to dive, even if it can't swim.

You can stand right next to your animals and get hit by hail, fire, water, rocks, sandstorms, earthquakes, and explosions without feeling a thing or getting hurt.

For some animals to be strong, people must make them happy.

10-year-olds technically don't have curfews. While they have the ability to go home, they don't have to return. They can even go running around at 3:00 AM in the morning in other cities without the police doing a thing!

Anyone who is a freak about games is awesome.

13+ or 18+, I think.

The ESRB is a liar. E for Everyone my butt. T for Teen/M for Mature is more like it. Look at all this mature content:

Cockfighting, gambling, and Nidoqueen. 'Nuff said.

Enter a double battle, and have a baby skunk headbutt a space deity animal. X_X

Go in any bed, and hold down the Up button for a few seconds.

What really happens in animal daycares??? Eh?

Huh? Giant whales and blind kittens can get freaky with each other?!

Even if you don't like your partner in the day-care, you're required to have babies with him/her. And if you're a purple-pink amoeba, you can make babies with inanimate objects/animals of unknown genders.

If a kangaroo has a baby, its baby already has a baby during birth. *sighs* So much for abstinence...

The world of Pokemon is deep! :knockedou

Harley Quinn
May 24th, 2009, 06:18 PM
That it's taken too seriously.

Norcinu
May 26th, 2009, 03:19 AM
XD What? I thought the PG13+ part was the most hilarious!

I learned that fish turn into octopi, and that huge dinosaur-like tree animals with bannana earings can fly even though with their shape, size and mass it would be impossible. Also you can make your Pokemon stay "young" forever if you just press B.

Electricz
May 26th, 2009, 03:52 AM
i learnt getting hit with electricity doesnt kill you (ash) and that ash is dumb no to teaam rockety disguises

lenzxyz
May 26th, 2009, 04:32 AM
You can still feel the earthquake even when you are floating ~Magnemite Family... hihi^^

Azumi
May 26th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Do not wear a hat if you have a monkey as a pet.

Alexithymia~
May 26th, 2009, 07:22 AM
That pokemon as big as cities can still fit into your fist if you trap them =D
That I can easily be sucked into games >D

Electricz
May 26th, 2009, 02:21 PM
i learnt its ok to gamble as a 10yr old (on the games)

The Hero Without a Name
May 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM
the world is communist You get free healthcare. Also, you can get from one city to another in a matter of seconds.

bewbs
May 26th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I've learned some good words. =>

Lynnx
May 26th, 2009, 04:07 PM
- That it's okay to carry around 1,000,000+ in currency at a time. (No, seriously. That bothers the heck out of me.)

- That people stand in the same place all day and somehow hear you say things even if your character can only talk in all-capital two-word phrases. Argh.

- That everyone from an evil organization claims to steal other people's Pokemon, but they still insist on using Zubat, Glameow, Stunky, Meowth, and the like. Over and over and over again.

- That Gym Leaders are people with the supreme patience enabling them to stand in one spot until the end of time doing nothing but looking impressive.

- That if you spin in one spot fast enough, you'll magically change into fancy clothes without lifting a finger.

- That creatures who can shoot fireballs and create earthquakes are unable to cut down one measly little two-foot-tall tree (which their Trainer could step over in two seconds) until they get a shiny little piece of metal which, apparently, has supernatural powers.

- Oh, and that policemen get all paranoid at night and will only fight you then.

Ayselipera
May 27th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I have learned that most people only require a one room
house that usually only has a bookcase and table in it.

Harley Quinn
May 27th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Gambling for Pokemon dolls is fun!

zappyspiker
May 29th, 2009, 03:23 AM
That when you throw a pokeball or anything spherical in real life it won't comeback to you

Rai-Kou
May 29th, 2009, 03:50 AM
I learned that bugs beat the crap out of Phychics!

Jas_66
May 29th, 2009, 07:53 AM
i Learned...
u can go to opposite world of where we live and go down a waterfall thats going up and u can become spiderman by walking on walls!

Snerd
May 29th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I haven't learnt 'lessons' but after years of playing I've acquired a better sense of logic and strategy.

white lancer
May 29th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I have learned that most people only require a one room
house that usually only has a bookcase and table in it.

That, and they aren't alarmed at all when random strangers come barging in without knocking.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
May 29th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I learned that
1. You can recognize bad guys jus by looking at their clothing.
2. The police don't seem to do anything and that a 10 year old can beat a large supposedly evil organization with an animal.
3. Large evil organizations always send their guards at you one at a time for some reason.
4. Even if you have 1000000 in cash people still treat you the same and no one looks at you again.
5.Breaking and entering is okay.
6. You can't exercise in gyms anymore
7.You don't get heart failure even though getting shocked by electricity multiple times.
8. You don't get fourth-degree burns when fire is shot at you but instead you just turn black in colour.

zappyspiker
May 30th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Lol just thought of more stuff

1. Its ok to wear the same clothes over and over again and not need to change for the next few years or so (yes that includes underwear)

2. The best way too get pocket money is to battle people for it

3. You can live a few years without eating

4. Going toilet is unnecessary

5. Ten year olds are allowed to roam the world later than their bedtime

6. Your mom doesn't really care for you and just your money (PKMN G/S/C)

7. Your Mom loves to buy stuff for you even though you will never really be at home to enjoy it.

8. No house has a toilet

9. Water is beaten by electricity ( What about water + a keyboard/computer/ electrical hard(soft)ware

10. Psychic is not spelt phychic

11. It's ok to be in t-shirts and shorts any time of the year.

12. The only words that come out of your mouth are "......."

13. The main character's parents are divorced

14. You don't need to learn the important stuff we need to learn now

15. You can ride a pokemon with a burning back without getting ur ass sizzled (pkmn special)

16. You can run without ever getting tired

17. That you can never bike inside

18. Pokemon that have already fainted can still fly you or surf you places

19. People call you often to tell you every bit of information in there life

20. That Ash wasn't good enough to meet Raikou

21. People will keep coming back to challenge even though they know they will still be beaten.

22. (G/S/C) This freaky dude called your Rival keeps stalking you and says he is better than you when really he just wants to get "closer" to you

23. If pikachu evolves Pokemon may Pokemon won't really have much of a point anymore.

24. Your mom doesn't care if you spend all your money gambling

25. No one cares if you walk into there house

26. People love saying the same thing over and over again without any sense of knowing any other vocabulary.

27. Evil organizations need better Pokemon than Zubat Wurple etc

30. Pokemon say thir own name in the Anime but in the game they make weird screeching sounds.

31. Another stalker known as Dawn always ends up at the wrong place wrong time

32. Ash needs a birthday Party, I lost count of how old he is

33. Ash carries half a pokeball in his bag

34. Ash abandons his pokemon at Prof. Oaks place when he's in Pallet town and doesn't use them unless necessary.

35. You can get a lot of free stuff

36. People don't wait for your opinion they just battle you. No comment what so ever.

37. You can only do the lottery once a day

38. Swimmers practically live in the water, I've never seen them move from around there spots.

39. Same as 38 Hikers that never go out of caves, they'll go blind from never seeing the light. They musta been born there.

40. People need to move more often as in move from town to town more that just steps.

41. School is a place where there are hardly any students.

42. It's ok to climb mountains without the proper gear.

43. It's ok to walk in the snow just wearing a scarf and no proper snow gear.

44. We can't borrow someone's snowboard or skis in the snow we actually have to walk, we can't run either.

45. The sandstorm doesn't bother the trainer, same in a hailstorm

46. Huge creatures can be kept in tiny shere shaped things

47. People just give you thier number not caring what could happen.

48. Tiny mice can beat huge robots.

49. Prof. Oak forgets what his Grandson is called

50. Pokemon Rocks and I can't think of anything else

Cheesymitten
May 30th, 2009, 03:07 AM
That pokemon somehow don't die by super attacks,
That some pokemon have the most ridiculous evolutions,
That if you somehow offend a person on a bike they don't run you over they battle you instead.

SethAragorn
May 30th, 2009, 03:55 AM
-You can ride Giant birds,and fly anywhere in like 3 seks.
-You can win animals by gambling.
-Once in a year you see a car.
-Only some inportant people have cars.
-People have red,purple,green,cyan and other not colored hair.
-You can only go to another city if you have a gym badge.
-School? UNINPORTANT dude go in the wildness for years and fight other strangers for money.

Sweet Jasmine
May 30th, 2009, 04:09 AM
I've learned to be brave.. Face any challenges in your life :3.. That's why i always pass.

EDIT: not brace it should be brave ^_^.

Zeikku™
May 30th, 2009, 04:15 AM
life's like a magikarp... no point until you're 20..
or..
out of all the pokemon, im like a ditto, because I can be anything i want to be

Awesome.
May 30th, 2009, 04:16 AM
i learned that jellyfish sting with poison and not electricity

Azumi
May 31st, 2009, 05:29 AM
Useless fish can turn into dragons when they turn 20.

ReyRey-Pyon
May 31st, 2009, 07:52 AM
its perfectly safe to go out in the wilderness. in any weather, even when villainous teams are on the loose. in a mini skirt or short shorts.

pokeymanz are kami-desu 8O but anyone can make them your slave

you can fly on ttthe back of something as small as a pidgey without hurting it

no professor can tell whether you are male or female just by looking at you

??? is a name. unless you "trick the police officer"

you can get zapped with OVER 9000 volts of electricity and its perfectly safe

and no matter what, always take turns.

PalkiaSpace
May 31st, 2009, 09:11 AM
i learned that you shoudn't step on rocks. they can have arms and a face. and then attack you.

Miss Soupy
May 31st, 2009, 09:27 AM
I've learned that it's perfectly normal for an adult to engage in battle with a ten year old child, and it's also normal to steal the kid's money if they lose.

lmfao srsly tho. You're ten and owning adults in this game... I can hear the sound of their pride crushing to a million pieces. :'D

Isabelle
May 31st, 2009, 09:37 AM
"Win or Lose" I am okay ^_^. Usually i dont accept my Losing Status. But i learned that lesson from Pokemon. From the battles that ash losed and also his friends..

zappy_flash
May 31st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Lol just thought of more stuff

1. Its ok to wear the same clothes over and over again and not need to change for the next few years or so (yes that includes underwear)

2. The best way too get pocket money is to battle people for it

3. You can live a few years without eating

4. Going toilet is unnecessary

5. Ten year olds are allowed to roam the world later than their bedtime

6. Your mom doesn't really care for you and just your money (PKMN G/S/C)

7. Your Mom loves to buy stuff for you even though you will never really be at home to enjoy it.

8. No house has a toilet

9. Water is beaten by electricity ( What about water + a keyboard/computer/ electrical hard(soft)ware

10. Psychic is not spelt phychic

11. It's ok to be in t-shirts and shorts any time of the year.

12. The only words that come out of your mouth are "......."

13. The main character's parents are divorced

14. You don't need to learn the important stuff we need to learn now

15. You can ride a pokemon with a burning back without getting ur ass sizzled (pkmn special)

16. You can run without ever getting tired

17. That you can never bike inside

18. Pokemon that have already fainted can still fly you or surf you places

19. People call you often to tell you every bit of information in there life

20. That Ash wasn't good enough to meet Raikou

21. People will keep coming back to challenge even though they know they will still be beaten.

22. (G/S/C) This freaky dude called your Rival keeps stalking you and says he is better than you when really he just wants to get "closer" to you

23. If pikachu evolves Pokemon may Pokemon won't really have much of a point anymore.

24. Your mom doesn't care if you spend all your money gambling

25. No one cares if you walk into there house

26. People love saying the same thing over and over again without any sense of knowing any other vocabulary.

27. Evil organizations need better Pokemon than Zubat Wurple etc

30. Pokemon say thir own name in the Anime but in the game they make weird screeching sounds.

31. Another stalker known as Dawn always ends up at the wrong place wrong time

32. Ash needs a birthday Party, I lost count of how old he is

33. Ash carries half a pokeball in his bag

34. Ash abandons his pokemon at Prof. Oaks place when he's in Pallet town and doesn't use them unless necessary.

35. You can get a lot of free stuff

36. People don't wait for your opinion they just battle you. No comment what so ever.

37. You can only do the lottery once a day

38. Swimmers practically live in the water, I've never seen them move from around there spots.

39. Same as 38 Hikers that never go out of caves, they'll go blind from never seeing the light. They musta been born there.

40. People need to move more often as in move from town to town more that just steps.

41. School is a place where there are hardly any students.

42. It's ok to climb mountains without the proper gear.

43. It's ok to walk in the snow just wearing a scarf and no proper snow gear.

44. We can't borrow someone's snowboard or skis in the snow we actually have to walk, we can't run either.

45. The sandstorm doesn't bother the trainer, same in a hailstorm

46. Huge creatures can be kept in tiny shere shaped things

47. People just give you thier number not caring what could happen.

48. Tiny mice can beat huge robots.

49. Prof. Oak forgets what his Grandson is called

50. Pokemon Rocks and I can't think of anything else

Zap I thought you'd go up to 100 cuz it kept on going

dream's-epilogue
May 31st, 2009, 08:12 PM
-Big, evil organizations in the Pokemon World are unbelievably lame and weak.
Seriously, at least Black Hole has the common sense to keep a few dozen heavily armed soldiers to stand around and look threatening.

-Humans and Pokemon can survive increadible harm and survive
Flat-out LIES. Humans who get hit with 5000 volts don't just get up and brush themselves off. I learnt that the hard way...Black Hole is short a few soldiers now...

-People are 100% battle-obsessed. They fight you on sight without provocation, rob you if you lose, and repeatedly challenge/lose to you if you win. They also have amazing powers to stand in one place for eternity and never budge, yety somehow get stronger, more powerful Pokemon, as well as more money to lose to you.
...no comment. This is just....wow....no comment.

Acoustic Insanity
June 1st, 2009, 06:38 AM
> Little cats and huge whales can reproduce with each other.
> Sleeping in some random person's bed makes you feel refreshed.
> Any person whose name refers to a type will grow up one day as a gym leader.
> Earthquakes aren't guaranteed to kill you. Fissures are. Unless you fly or levitate.
> You can't hit the ground with electricity.
> Nor can you haunt anything normal.

nordic92
June 3rd, 2011, 02:26 AM
I have learned that animals that is the size of city's can still battle inside small houses.
That you can't say anything besides yes and no.
That everyone loves an yellow mice.
That Pigs can be airborne for a turn.

Miss Doronjo
June 3rd, 2011, 04:28 AM
Try to avoid reviving + month old threads, thanks. ^^

*locks*