PDA

View Full Version : Heatrans Genders = Randomness

Haza
April 21st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Why would they put such a random(but noticeable) thing into a game? In case they didnt know, genders are meant for reproduction and you should not have a gender if you cant reproduce, unless they are just completely infertile. Why do you all think they have genders?

Hamako-chan
April 21st, 2009, 05:27 PM
Hmm... a truly strange thought.

Haza
April 23rd, 2009, 07:51 PM
Is that all, no speculation on it whatsoever? No I think its an extinct species?

Gymnotide
April 24th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Just throwing it out there, but maybe it is a reference to the Scandinavian myth of Ginnunga gap.
Lava from Muspelheim and cold from Niflheim cause the lava to pool into a substance called eitr, which formed the first droplets of life. The life took the form of Ymir, the primordial frost giant.

The lava pooling thing matches Heatran's PokeDex entry something uncited on Bulbapedia.

Maybe Stark Mountain is Muspelheim or Ginnunga gap itself.
When the lava pooled together, the life it created was ambiguous; since living beings can go both ways - male or female. It could also be possible that Heatran was created from Ymir's sweaty armpits like every other being, thus having gender determined from which armpit the first sweatdrop of life came from.

Now that I've wasted your time with the worst theory in the world, you can leave.

This post was shameless advertising of my one true lifeblood.

Superjub
April 25th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Maybe they wanted to try something different, as in they will now make Pokemon with genders to (kind of) make it more more realistic? :\

Personally, I cant think of a reason of why Heatran should have a chance of being male/female and, lets say for example Shaymin, can't...:\

Gummy
April 25th, 2009, 11:02 AM
They could have at least changed the male and female appearance of Heatran.

randomspot555
April 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Why would they put such a random(but noticeable) thing into a game? In case they didnt know, genders are meant for reproduction and you should not have a gender if you cant reproduce, unless they are just completely infertile. Why do you all think they have genders?

The same happened with the Lati twins.

To me, it's just another small difference they put in that just further proves that there's no real "rule/requirement" to be a legendary Pokemon. Or if there is, Gamefreak can easily change it.

Gen I: Legends are one-off Pokemon (or not at all, as far as Mew was concerned, initially); not connected to the plot except in vague ways; genderless; single type; part of some "family" of Pokemon (bird trio, Mew-Mewtwo)

Gen II: Celebi introduced not being connected to any other of the legends and also introduced obtaining by key item. Direct relation to plot.

Gen III: Introduces different genders (Lati) and a Pokemon that has never had an in-game location (Jirachi). Kyogre and company continued being connected with the plot.

Gen 4: Another gender legend (Heatran), 2 legendary Pokemon that can breed (Manaphy w/ ditto=Phione, Phione with Ditto=phione) and one legend that can get multiple copies of in the same game (Phione).

Haza
April 25th, 2009, 11:34 AM
The same happened with the Lati twins.

To me, it's just another small difference they put in that just further proves that there's no real "rule/requirement" to be a legendary Pokemon. Or if there is, Gamefreak can easily change it.

Gen I: Legends are one-off Pokemon (or not at all, as far as Mew was concerned, initially); not connected to the plot except in vague ways; genderless; single type; part of some "family" of Pokemon (bird trio, Mew-Mewtwo)

Gen II: Celebi introduced not being connected to any other of the legends and also introduced obtaining by key item. I've enver played a Gen 2 game, so I'm sure I'm missing something else that legends were changed.

Gen III: Introduces different genders (Lati) and a Pokemon that has never had an in-game location (Jirachi). Kyogre and company were directly connected to the plot/plot devices.

Gen 4: Another gender legend (Heatran), 2 legendary Pokemon that can breed (Manaphy w/ ditto=Phione, Phione with Ditto=phione) and one legend that can get multiple copies of in the same game (Phione).

Gen 2 is when the legends had a direct relation with the plot.